Thread: Fi creative thoughts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi creative thoughts

They're so focused on what they LIKE. For example, my NeFi mother is always talking about how she HATES the cold and LOVES the beach. My SeFi friend LOVES babies and has all her friends in a row, knows exactly how close she is with each of them and spends an inordinate time talking about their bond, publicly.

It makes me tired after awhile. Like, okay great but WHO CARES. Why does the entire Facebook world need to know how close you are with these other women? First of all, it might make people on the outs feel bad that they're not as close to you as your "close" friends. Why would you want to exclude people?

I think Fi-creatives can come across as Fe valuing types at first because they're friendly, warm and outgoing. But then when you get to know them, you see that they refuse to ignore their bonds with specific people for a more general positive atmosphere.

The SeFi I know was complaining the other day about air kisses. How they're not sincere or whatever. My thought is that it's a positive gesture of affection. Might not be as deep or abiding but it could have its origins in culture or in that particular community. My point being, why be so judgmental about air kisses??

I dunno. Bugs me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno dude, kinda sounds like you're doing the same thing by mentioning the things you dislike about Fi creatives lol.

But who cares, right?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yh I don't really care if some air-kisses me as long as their not a Paris Hilton type, sometimes i've air kissed involuntarily Lol. I dunno maybe they see it as a superficial gesture & not what best friends do. It bugs me how much emphasis gamma xSFx's put on , with beta it's the other way round. Here's my (+/-) IE take on it.

Beta uses - to serve +, (possible example) "I'm going to strengthen my bond with my favourite individuals/ cut off toxic relationships privately AND not verbalize my likes and dislikes, so I can experience more positive emotions when I'm together with people.
    Gamma uses + to serve -. (possible example) "I'm going to shower only my best friends with affection & verbalize their exclusive status in my life to make them feel more valued and strengthen our bond. "

I dunno but creative +Fi's aka IEE's tend to care a whole lot more about people they're not even personally close to if it ties in with some favourite moral or cause in which they support.. Perhaps that IEE likes the positive atmosphere at the beach maaan

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Are you saying that these women shouldn't be happy, exuberant, and expressive about their close friends because the general unknown Facebook audience might feel excluded? Because paying positive attention to some people somehow translates as bestowing negativity to the rest of the world? That's starting to sound suspiciously like life's a stage, my Beta NF People can have upwards of 300+ friends these days on Facebook. Are we somehow obligated to pay virtual attention to all of them?

It's just like..if you really can't stand their vocality that much, put them on ignore. Life's too short to be preoccupied with the hypothetical judgments of haters, and being happy is hard enough without ruminating on how people might somehow disapprove of it.
    Of course she doesn't need to pay attention to everyone equally or something stupid like that! But I'm not talking about just paying attention to, it's more like DRAWING attention to the relationships themselves. For example, one of her friends posted that they were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary and this woman's response was "I was there and I have pics to prove it!" Okay... obviously nobody is doubting she was there or that they're friends but it's like this constant need to reaffirm the close relationship they have and stick it out there. Also, she's always visiting and has other friends visit her and when they're together they take all these pictures and put them all over Facebook. I dunno, I just don't do that. Maybe one pic if it's good? But talking ad nauseum about the relationship itself and how CLOSE you are with someone just seems way over the top to me.

And, I would never even be vocalizing this thought if it weren't for socionics. I might have the fleeting notion that she was talking a lot about her friends or something but I wouldn't have pinpointed it in quite this way. It just occurred to me that it's probably a SeFi thing. Which is FINE and helps me to understand why she's being that way. I do like this person in general. She welcomed me into her circle of friends without ever having met me in real life. But this is just something I've noticed that I thought was interesting.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Beta uses - to serve +, (possible example) "I'm going to strengthen my bond with my favourite individuals/ cut off toxic relationships privately AND not verbalize my likes and dislikes, so I can experience more positive emotions when I'm together with people.
    Gamma uses + to serve -. (possible example) "I'm going to shower only my best friends with affection & verbalize their exclusive status in my life to make them feel more valued and strengthen our bond. "
    I think this is right on. I often do not verbalize my likes and dislikes for the sake of the emotional atmosphere. I do this a lot actually.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Okay, that's annoying. But I've seen a ton of people that aren't Fi creative do that on Facebook. I'm Fi creative and I don't do that. Not type related imo.
    true that different people of the same types use Facebook differently. But I do think there's something to the way in which she emphasizes her psychological distance with people and highlights the various bonds. She also talks about when and how they met (a LOT). Reminiscing is fine! I'm not criticizing I just don't do that! And the other Fe-valuing people I know don't do that either. *shrug*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics fallacy #1: "I don't like it therefore it's quadra or type related."

No offense, but your SEE sounds like the kind of person anyone would dislike. She instantly reminded me of my "ESE" aunt.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think this is right on. I often do not verbalize my likes and dislikes for the sake of the emotional atmosphere. I do this a lot actually.
    I do it regularly
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's of the highest significance but I don't talk about it much; it's too complicated to put in words.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're so focused on what they LIKE. For example, my NeFi mother is always talking about how she HATES the cold and LOVES the beach. My SeFi friend LOVES babies and has all her friends in a row, knows exactly how close she is with each of them and spends an inordinate time talking about their bond, publicly.

It makes me tired after awhile. Like, okay great but WHO CARES. Why does the entire Facebook world need to know how close you are with these other women? First of all, it might make people on the outs feel bad that they're not as close to you as your "close" friends. Why would you want to exclude people?
    I would exclude the people I don't like because their presence acts as a new variable in whatever situation I'm in, and he/she only yields a worse total outcome. I know that sounds like a terrible thing to say, but there are very few people/situations out there that cause me to react this way. I guess I see the things in my environment in an emotionally-holistic way, where the introduction of each new data point must be taken into account and combined with everything else currently in my mind, thus resulting in a new experience of the situation as a whole. Each data point (person, object, w/e) carries its own weight behind it, and things that strike a greater influence on me will affect this holistic experience more than lesser things.

The SeFi I know was complaining the other day about air kisses. How they're not sincere or whatever. My thought is that it's a positive gesture of affection. Might not be as deep or abiding but it could have its origins in culture or in that particular community. My point being, why be so judgmental about air kisses??
    The problem here for me would be two-fold. First, American culture tends to look down upon men publicly expressing their affections for other people like that, and I'm probably a victim of that. Second, all cultural elements aside, for a deep sentiment to be expressed out in the open like that (assuming the sentiment exists in the first place) defeats its purpose. Part of it could just be me being a dirty E6 and hesitating on sharing myself like that, but I've always felt that if you feel a need to express that sort of shared sentiment with another person, then you're not actually "feeling" it. I can't take a feeling/sentiment I have towards something and put it on display, because to do so would mean detaching myself from the sentiment itself. This makes me generally uncomfortable because I feel like that objectified sentiment will then be subjected to other people's cognitive rationalizations about it, making me feel like they're putting words in my mouth or trying to tell me who I am (again, E6ishness could play into that paranoia about other people, but I figure if I was Ti valuing then the notion of this mechanism in and of itself wouldn't be cause for fear).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's id block Fe for you.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i know what you're talking about redbaron. that kind of stuff puts me off too. it's one reason i generally prefer interacting with my illusionary type (ILE) rather than semi-dual (SEE).

i agree that it's type-related behavior, a manifestation of Fi creative (strong, valued, producing Fi), which is in Mental ring (information that you verbalize.) it's also a Contact function:

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Contact functions 2 and 3 are in the mental ring. The creative function produces new information out of what is accepted by the base function. This is literally how we uniquely 'make contact' with the world.
    that's why she makes her Fi so obvious and blatant...

ETA: i think the behavior redbaron describes often gets attributed to Fe creative - which i disagree with.
    Last edited by glam; 12-22-2011 at 10:33 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, Glam, and that is why LSE are so attracted to SEE and IEE types, because they make their Fi so blatant and that is why, and undualized EII is likely not to be that way and miss out on a dual instead being more attracted to their activity relations SLI or ILI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I'm not talking about just paying attention to, it's more like DRAWING attention to the relationships themselves.
    I think that's what makes the difference. When you said "LIKE" in the OP that's too generic and could apply equally to many types, especially considering how every type of psyche interprets the same thing differently. I knew what you meant from the context, though.

I am aware from my experience of how Fi-Creatives give absolute importance to relationships. When I say absolute I mean that they suggest that something is "good" instead of "I like it", as if it is a model to follow. When I talk to them, I often hear references to recognition as if it mattered: "we're good friends since 7", "an awesome guy", "renown scientist", "popular writer". It is not bothersome when this remains merely tangential to the topic, good-to-know trivia, but when it gains momentum and starts to matter as an argument for unrelated concusions. It happened to me before, when you start criticising someone/something already presented by them ad-nauseam as "good" or "awesome" (same with "bad", "evil" or "awful") it turns out that to their minds you've got a problem and decide to stay on the wrong side, instead of considering your objective arguments for your views, as if it was commonly agreed in advance that their POV was right. I recall few weeks ago an IEE colleague told me, after he repeatedly failed to convince me that a game does not suck, that "okay, tell milions of people that this game sucks!". LOL, I don't give a fuck, I don't care that he is among these millions of people and he is my colleague/pal/friend [1], I told him why the game sucks to me and that's all, nothing can change it unless I change my criteria.
    ---
    [1] - depending who you ask about our relationship.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But things don't end here, sorry if I'm going a bit off-topic. All Ne-PoLRs are invited to leave the room for their own sake, thank you.

Such attitude (Fi-Creative) often makes people struggle to become public oppinion makers: journalists, lobbysts, politicians, and so on. This is when it begins to annoy me and to become dangerous for the society. The press articles are more than often directed to imbue a "politically correct" bias before even you have the time to make up your mind about a subject, selecting the information they release to fit their agenda, sometimes making things up invoking that magical "apparently". Some things even create global tensions, like the Western aggressive slandering of China. I find it obvious that the nature of this conflict between the Chinese government and the Western media is Ti-Base VS Ti-PoLR. IMO China feels threatened by this grotesque circus [1], subversive and disruptive actions for no apparent reason, it created a *real* dangerous potential out of nothing, proof for its reality being that high officials expressed discontent about it. I'm not sure if this potential has reached its peak or it is still growing, but news for 2011 are not very promising:
    http://my.news.yahoo.com/china-still...01746-638.html
    http://news.yahoo.com/china-slams-ch...210344044.html

Think of the Chinese government as a group of engineers, and the Western media [2] as a group of humanists and artists; how the hell could one believe that the former will find acceptable for the emotional impact blabber of the latter to interfere with their decisions? No matter how much we all value human rights, how much they mean to us, sometimes it is necessary to dismiss them. Western schoolars know pretty well how important the population control and political stability in this country are for the stability of the whole world. When forced abortion is necessary for our survival, who gives a shit that I disagree with it, that everyone around me relates to this or even all the people on Earth? Creating sympathetic support groups won't change reality, neither the foam at the wistleblowers' mouth, necessary measures are not an abuse, even when they are unpleasant or conflict with our personal or cultural convictions, if you care to find out why they have priority, putting your convitions aside just for few minutes.
    I recently heard a saying or quote like "don't bother about your collar when you're going to be decapitated".

I don't know if it's clear how this relates to the OP. The base idea is what consequences can there be when a framework based on personal preferences and relationships is established. It is related to Fi in general, just it's the Fi-Creative that is that loud and uncompromising about it. The examples should not be taken as absolutes, for instance Fi Ego does not necessarily imply opposition to anything inhuman (like forced abortion), it just means a relational (personal or social) attitude towards a certain matter, I could easily see a Ti-PoLR as a vocal supporter of something inhuman, however the necessity for ethical consistency would turn the person to an extreme [3], that does not happen very often.
    ---

[1] - public attacks, disrupting events, protests, boycott attempts, slanders or public scams, like the universal Buddhist "sanctity" of Dalai Lama.
    [2] - I include here the Nobel awards, since their technical value is null, this is a purely cultural initiative.
    [3] - for instance supporter of war in all its aspects. Ashton, where are you?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the complaint is that people are talking about stuff they like on Facebook? What exalted purpose does Facebook hold if not for blathering?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerry Seinfeld's whole thing is about talking about his dislikes, and he's usually (that I've seen) typed as ILE, isn't he? I guess I don't have a strong opinion about his type but I don't think Fi creative. I don't think this is peculiar to Fi creatives.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Having as control function I often have issues with the "like" and "dislike" people have of stuff, though ironically I dont feel creatives are the ones I target most. And its not something I do all the time either, like I think there is an perfectally appropriate time to express likes and dislikes, I do it myself at times too. Its more when people take an exclusively "like or dislike" approach to something which requires contextual understanding as well, and its not just a question of whether you like or dislike that thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it isn't OK to say you like things on Facebook, why is there a like button?
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    no one is saying that it isn't ok...?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-Creative = AFTHE ??? yes or no?

Fi-Creative = A FRIENDSHIP THAT HAS ESCALATED ??? yes or no?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OYIYI related to Fi-Creative?? Yes or No ??

ONCE YOU'RE IN YOU'RE IN related to Fi-Creative?? Yes or No ??

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BYOB related to Fi-Creative?? Yes or No ??

BRING YOUR OWN BEER related to Fi-Creative?? Yes or No ??

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Test of character?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

I don't think I do this, for what it's worth, and I self-type IEE (which could be wrong).
    I do make a lot of inside jokes on facebook, which might "exclude" some people, but in general I'm not the type to talk a lot about how much I love this or hate that.
    Not openly, anyway. There's something too forward about it that I don't like.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I really like somebody, I'm not shy about showing affection. American society can look down on me all they want for it, who cares? I never fit in with society anyway why would I start caring what they thought?

I think everybody verbalizes their likes and dislikes. Beta just doesn't view the Fi as sharply as Gammas. It just seems for those folks it matters more to them or something. It's like...they value it. It's not that Betas 'hate Fi' it's just we aren't putting it up on a pedestal like Gammas do.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I would exclude the people I don't like because their presence acts as a new variable in whatever situation I'm in, and he/she only yields a worse total outcome. I know that sounds like a terrible thing to say, but there are very few people/situations out there that cause me to react this way. I guess I see the things in my environment in an emotionally-holistic way, where the introduction of each new data point must be taken into account and combined with everything else currently in my mind, thus resulting in a new experience of the situation as a whole. Each data point (person, object, w/e) carries its own weight behind it, and things that strike a greater influence on me will affect this holistic experience more than lesser things.

The problem here for me would be two-fold. First, American culture tends to look down upon men publicly expressing their affections for other people like that, and I'm probably a victim of that. Second, all cultural elements aside, for a deep sentiment to be expressed out in the open like that (assuming the sentiment exists in the first place) defeats its purpose. Part of it could just be me being a dirty E6 and hesitating on sharing myself like that, but I've always felt that if you feel a need to express that sort of shared sentiment with another person, then you're not actually "feeling" it. I can't take a feeling/sentiment I have towards something and put it on display, because to do so would mean detaching myself from the sentiment itself. This makes me generally uncomfortable because I feel like that objectified sentiment will then be subjected to other people's cognitive rationalizations about it, making me feel like they're putting words in my mouth or trying to tell me who I am (again, E6ishness could play into that paranoia about other people, but I figure if I was Ti valuing then the notion of this mechanism in and of itself wouldn't be cause for fear).
    Thx for this post, very interesting to see such a clear description of Fi ego / Fe ID