Thread: Could this guy be INTp?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could this guy be INTp?

I have a friend I am trying to type. He is definitely an NT, but which one?

He seems INTp to me, but one of the things about him that is making me doubt this, is that he doesn't like to be out of work. He hates sitting around doing nothing. From what I have read about INTp's, inertia can be a real problem for them. It's hard to get them moving. He has worked as a labourer in the past, and it was really back breaking work. He didn't enjoy the work itself, but he loved to be working. He has since gone back to college to do marine engineering. He's really applying himself and enjoys it a lot. I'm just wondering if my idea of INTp's is wrong, or if he may be another type?

A few years back he fell for his friends' girlfriend. They started seeing each other behind the friends back. They eventually came clean about their affair and are still together to this day. I have her pegged as ESFp. I got her to read the description for both ESFp and ESFj, and she said ESFp was a good fit.

I suppose what I am trying to figure out is, are they duals or not. They seem to be good for each other as far as I can make out. I've heard that duals often leave their current partners when they meet. I wonder is that the explanation as to why they couldn't resist each other?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type my mother ILI-Te, and she is a very, very diligent worker. All the same, because of her demeanor and body tone, etc., she can look to me very soft and inert or even lazy. She picks and chooses what she invests her energy in.

I also have an ILI friend who is in fact something of a shirker. And another ILI friend who is kind of in between.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INTp:

Stresses out about deadlines, stresses everyone else out about those deadlines, complains incessantly about everything especially about work and how hard it is, and kids, and school, and their work and job and the people in their job and the way they are managing them at work and how work is managed. They don't call them CRITICS for no reason.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    They don't call them CRITICS for no reason.
    What you describe sounds much more like whining rather than criticizing.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    I type my mother ILI-Te, and she is a very, very diligent worker. All the same, because of her demeanor and body tone, etc., she can look to me very soft and inert or even lazy. She picks and chooses what she invests her energy in.

I also have an ILI friend who is in fact something of a shirker. And another ILI friend who is kind of in between.
    Come to think of it, the way he sits gives off an air of lazyness. He has been stressing over his exams, doubting whether or not he will do well, yet managed to get 95% in his last test. lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    INTp:

Stresses out about deadlines, stresses everyone else out about those deadlines, complains incessantly about everything especially about work and how hard it is, and kids, and school, and their work and job and the people in their job and the way they are managing them at work and how work is managed. They don't call them CRITICS for no reason.
    Yes, he can be quite critical. He has been moaning about how hard his course is. But in fairness, it does look pretty tough. I don't think it's really whining, more like stating a fact.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    What you describe sounds much more like whining rather than criticizing.
    As an SLI, I'm sure you must to this too. Lets face it, the majority of work environments are poorly organised, there will always be people you don't get along with, school just sucks and work is bloody hard, when it's a job you hate but have no other choice but to do. I couldn't imagine an SLI going through life without noticing and pointing out these things also. I know my SLI finds fault with every situation there are faults to find. And life is far from perfect, so if your looking for faults, they are easily found. I guess Marissa did make it sound like whinging. I don't think she meant to though.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    As an SLI, I'm sure you must to this too. Lets face it, the majority of work environments are poorly organised, there will always be people you don't get along with, school just sucks and work is bloody hard, when it's a job you hate but have no other choice but to do.
    Actually, the lack of organization in my college was one of the major things which I hated, along with dumb group-oriented fun-loving student society. I mean, nothing really worked in the beginning and many people came across as amateurs. I made this experience before with other schools I attended, but I have expected a more professional environment. Once you get used to it, it's okay. There are indeed some people who are very knowledgeable in their fields and I appreciate that. However, there is one guy who is so outrageously incompetend as a professor, most students and I could barely take it. It wasn't even because he sucked in a work-related way, he just didn't have any idea how to work with students, he was totally illogical and so full of himself. He made his own rules and forced us to obey them, even though it was pure stupidity. And because he's such an inconsiderate prick, I hate him with a passion.

Okay, I guess I know what you mean. I did whine about/criticize those things often when I talked with my family members and friends, but that was only because I was forced to put up with that bullshit on a daily basis.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the lack of organization in my college was one of the major things which I hated, along with dumb group-oriented fun-loving student society. I mean, nothing really worked in the beginning and many people came across as amateurs. I made this experience before with other schools I attended, but I have expected a more professional environment. Once you get used to it, it's okay. There are indeed some people who are very knowledgeable in their fields and I appreciate that. However, there is one guy who is so outrageously incompetend as a professor, most students and I could barely take it. It wasn't even because he sucked in a work-related way, he just didn't have any idea how to work with students, he was totally illogical and so full of himself. He made his own rules and forced us to obey them, even though it was pure stupidity. And because he's such an inconsiderate prick, I hate him with a passion.

Okay, I guess I know what you mean. I did whine about/criticize those things often when I talked with my family members and friends, but that was only because I was forced to put up with that bullshit on a daily basis.
    Ha ha! Pot, kettle, black.

It's good to give out about these things though. It's better to do something about them, when you grow up, and it's your turn to be in charge.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, the lack of organization in my college was one of the major things which I hated, along with dumb group-oriented fun-loving student society.

I mean a critic like this ^. You Critics just can be content with what you get. You always make sure to point the things out that is not to your satisfaction.

Did you know that according to Jung, Ni finds it hard to personally associate themselves in the very processes it observes, describes, and lives in. I'm not surprised since you can't tell what you say and do is reflects you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html