Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Character Tests

http://corp.gamania.com/products/lan.../en/index1.htm

1) While re-supplying troops, you are ambushed. Do you:

a) fall back
    b) defend
    c) counterattack

2) What does it take to build an invincible force?

a) destructive power
    b) leadership
    c) mobility

3) What does it take to become a hero?

a) unbreakable spirit
    b) ability to lead
    c) courage

4) When you have great power, for what purpose would you use this power?

a) to rule mankind
    b) to control all creation
    C) for justice

5) What expectations do you have of the world?

a) love, hope, and courage
    b) life with total freedom
    c) unification under strict order

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answers:

1) While re-supplying your troops, you are ambushed. Do you:

a) fall back
    b) defend X
    c) counterattack

2) What does it take to build an invincible force?

a) destructive power
    b) leadership X
    c) mobility

3) What does it take to become a hero?

a) unbreakable spirit X
    b) ability to lead
    c) courage

4) When you have great power, for what purpose would you use this power?

a) to rule mankind
    b) to control all creation
    C) for justice X

5) What expectations do you have of the world?

a) love, hope, and courage X
    b) life with total freedom
    c) unification under strict order

"You insist on pursuing your dreams, and have the power to unlock everything.

Defender - it's such a hassle to rule the world"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

B, C, C, C, A

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B, ?, C, C, A
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-13-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anwsers:
    1 counter-attack
    2 the gentle breath of spring
    3 unbreakable spirit
    4 for justice
    5 love, hope, courage

thing it gave:

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- A (no need for us to perish in vain, this is not our day and we must only go forth at the appropriate times, and this clearly isn't one of those anymore)
    -- B (without this the others fall away--or rather, things like "destructive power" aren't really even needed... it's often how you use what you have more than it is what you have)
    -- C (one needs courage for when their unbreakable spirit is breaking in dire times--it happens in all the hero stories where they feel all is hopeless and lost and so they must find a way to go on even though it seems impossible and they are truly down in the dumps about everything... or for when all their faith is gone or for when others have tortured them and destroyed them inside proving them mere delicate mortals after all... maybe this really is the unbreakable spirit... I just can't tell the difference)
    -- B (like the gods... they cannot be just for they are too powerful to understand... and what is considered "just" is often a matter of perspective)
    -- B perhaps, although B needs these clarifying points because life with total freedom does not have to involve being a dick to everyone else, but it often apparently does

Well, when I took it after it finally finished loading some responses changed when confronted with this screen where I cannot go back and change my answers...

-- fall back
    -- in the hearts of men
    -- soft breeze in a forest
    -- unbreakable spirit (I still am confused about how this differs from courage)
    -- to control all creation (I still agree with this, also because controlling all creation is more along the lines of what a god can do... it's wide, big picture strokes as opposed to small, fine and precise strokes that dabble in individual affairs for supposed "justice" that then end up hurting others in this close, personal way... I mean a star gives us heat and energy, but get too close and it kills us... with such omnipotence I feel one must be far away from those they may injure with their all-powerfulness.)
    -- love, hope and courage (I see this and total freedom as not being mutually exclusive, however... but thinking more about it, what does "total freedom" matter if you don't feel anything and if you're not okay and if you just live for yourself... then how is that worth living for? It becomes a lonely and meaningless existence. Love takes precedence and ultimate love really is ultimate freedom.)

>> Light, Archer on Path of Freedom
    Last edited by marooned; 12-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You have joined the Force of Light, and have become a Ranger on the Path of Honor.

You insist on pursuing your dreams,
    and are always there for your friends in time of need.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know there were more!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall back
    God does not exist
    Unbreakable spirit
    To control all creation
    Life with total freedom

You have joined the Force of Dark, and have become a Mage on the Path of Wisdom
    You are highly creative,
    and eliminate everything that's not acceptable

I didn't mean to destroy everything. There was nothing I can do!

EDIT: Question 5 is Light/Dark/Empire
    Question 4 is bottom flavor text
    Last edited by Crispy; 12-13-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have joined the Force of Dark, and have become a Ranger on the Path of Honor

You believe in Vengeance,

and eliminate everything that's not acceptable.

The Path of Honor.

Nobody wants to fight a hopeless battle. I will end their suffering.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have joined the Force of Dark and have become a Guardian on the Path of Defence.
    - You have a surprisingly high amount of endurance,
    - and your deep gaze can ward off enemies

You want to give up your loyalty for me? You don't have what it takes.

lol, why I am on the dark side?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    lol, why I am on the dark side?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps courage can only be a counter to fear really, while the unbreakable spirit is the endless supply of I-Can-Do-It-ness needed to go on. It's just that who has an endless supply? I'm just confused. After your unbreakable spirit breaks, then how do you go on? This means you have lost your confidence, lost your faith, lost your hope, and really all is lost. So when you rise up again, as less than who you used to be, but decide to continue anyway and reconstruct your unbreakable spirit again, then what spark gives you what you need to do this. The spark comes from something that has nothing to do with these things, something deeper inside, and something that is simply wired to continue, so this is the wrong question. The other issue is that both heroes and villains may possess the unbreakable spirit, but heroes tend to be the more courageous I would imagine. The presence of courage means there is fear and one who is insensitive cannot be as afraid as one who is very sensitive. But courage also says that not only can one be continually afraid but they continually will face fear as it arises and continually push themselves beyond what they fear (which is again not unlike the unbreakable spirit). I don't know, on extremes, I would say the extreme villain is either unafraid because s/he is currently so insensitive, or on the other extreme is consumed by fear and ruled by it and so currently lacks the courage to become a hero. The insensitive villain may also possess the unbreakable spirit but need not possess courage, as when true terror finally strikes, this sort of villain is defeated by it having no way to deal with it (although perhaps this is because they lack the pure love and faith behind the unbreakable spirit of the hero). In fact some villains may cling to power and symbols of security so they will not have to ever feel afraid. I am now leaning towards courage being the more significant force in heroism. But I am still very confused.

To make matters worse, an ability to change is really also valid here. The hero has the strength to look at themselves and change themselves to be better and may do so far more than the average person. And that's the point after all, all three of these things are in no short supply in the heroic character, and are perhaps all of equal importance. So I think that for me personally I'm going back to courage because once again I think that fear as opposite to love is what generates the greatest villainy. You don't have to be some almighty superman hero, but if you simply face every day with courage to confront yourself and not be afraid to do things, then this is heroic in itself. One could even be the fearful villain and turn themselves around this way. So even if they're not some great leader or doing big things it doesn't make it less heroic.

Although the unbreakable spirit speaks to enduring faith and love and even self-sacrifice, and just the ability to keep going on, and the confidence to, and I think I value this more than courage. So perhaps that is the more deeply personal answer to me, while courage is the more objective-personal answer to me. It then depends on how the question itself is viewed and what it is asking for, which seems to be a more objective question, but of course it really isn't.