Thread: EIIs-INFjs demontrative Ni, foreseeing/predicting the future and de ja vues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs demontrative Ni, foreseeing/predicting the future and de ja vues

I read that INFJs can predict the future or something. I read it over at the socionics site. Thinking back, I recall many incidents when I'll be doing something and suddenly, it's like whoa, this happened before, when did it happen before, why is it happening again. I was writing my essay for my final yesterday and I was on a line and had a strange feeling and I was like de ja vue... Maybe from dreams. I can really dream. I have conversations with people in my head and sometimes it reoccurs in real life. It's a little freaky. Any thoughts?
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have similar incidents all the time but I'm INTj.
    But it seems that I read somewhere that when one experiences de ja vu, the brain is accidently releasing the same chemical that's produced when you remember something. Maybe some types' brains are more predisposed to thses kind of accidents then others.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get de ja vu every once in a while, it's always a wierd feeling.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    my grandpa was not INFj, but he had a unique experience of de ja vu once in an airport. he was in New York about to catch a flight, and he had to quickly get to the restroom. the funny thing is though, he went straight to it. he knew exactly where it was! i remember him telling me that he knew the entire layout of the airport precisely as if it were the back of his hand, but yet he didn't know how! he had never been there before.
    I've had similar situations, not only with places, but with songs. I had a friend who would play 60's style music, and i could sing along with them easily, even if i had never heard the song.

however, i think it had to do with
    1. places seem to have certain ...patterns to them..that i believe i'm subconsciously picking up and reacting to..
    2. songs, especially from that period, seemed to have similar patterns which i would never be able to attempt to describe.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de ja vu is the strangest thing hey. Happens to me every so often. Sometimes its very strong, seems to most commonly happen when im having a conversation and its almost as if i have stood in the same place with the same people before.

de ja vu is really an indication that the matrix has been changed i have been told

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    I love the feeling.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I love the feeling.
    Totally! But it has nothing to do with type.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I love the feeling.
    Totally! But it has nothing to do with type.
    Oh. I never even gave that a thought. I just love the occurence lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get deja vu sometimes. (I'm an ENFp, feeling subtype.) It doesn't happen a lot. It often turns out I've dreamed or daydreamed of something I later end up doing. It's never anything dramatic. Last time it happened it was sth. like sitting at my table doing an extract of a book and thinking a certain thought. Strong deja vu. Turned out I'd dreamed of that sometime earlier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFJ, I get deja vu sometimes. I don't know if we get it more than other types per se, or if we just DWELL on it more...

My gut instinct about a place is almost always right, and I hate that because it can kinda suck the mystery out of life. It's like I don't even need to bother with sensing because I just already know how a situation is gonna turn out. It can be...frustrating.

I like when my main function is wrong, because it surprises me. Doesn't happen a lot though.

I dunno if this is type-specific or not but I feel I'm incredibly boring in most conversations because I feel like I already know everything, like I've been told my voice as an aura of finality to it, like whatever I speak sounds so profound and like 'The Truth' at all times. It's been said to drive other people crazy, but it seems to be very useful when people need comforting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have good instinct but I don't pay much attention to it because I'm careless so in the end, my instinct was right and I learn a lesson but not until I go through something difficult like uhm getting lost at night in a not safe town where murders and druggies are common.

With everything, I actually imagine it all in my mind in like five different ways/outcomes and it does suck the mystery out of it but it's like I mentally prepare myself before doing it so I'm less worried because I already imagine myself in all those scenarios so the element of surprise wouldn't knock me over. Sometimes it still does though...
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I relate a lot to the mental preparation.

Hmm I notice you have Minnie Mouse as your avatar. I used to be obsessed with her, I had a Minnie Mouse doll and everything.