Thread: Interpretation of Reality: Decisive vs Judicious

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interpretation of Reality: Decisive vs. Judicious

Archetypal Reality (Ni/Se)

Ni experiences reality as a continuous stream of images that filter through the mind, stacking up on one another and accumulating impressions of people, ideas, symbolism, among other things over time. However, these images are not realized; the images are dynamic, constantly flitting through one another, and there is no sense of a concrete form until Se calls upon it, where it goes from an evolving impression to a formed picture that aids in forming a better sense of its kinetic energy. If Se calls on a Ni impression before sufficient information has been accumulated, it may fill in the blanks by itself, leading to unnecessary and/or unfair stereotyping.

Se experiences reality in terms of concrete, episodic images that it gathers from its environment. Se deals with space, and in extension, the boundary of space, both physical as well as psychological. To direct the environment in the desired direction, Se puts boundaries in order to create a path for nature to follow. However, in order to do so, it requires a sense of realized impression of the object, and its capacity. Se itself can only take a shallow picture to deal with change from situation A to situation B to situation C - however, it is Ni that provides the deeper context, the 3D picture, that it has impressed overtime.

For this reason, Decisive types may be quicker to come to conclusions based on their preconceived stereotypes that they apply to new situations.

Analogous Reality (Ne/Si)

Si experiences reality as a continuous stream of abstract experiences, tastes, smells, sensations, etc., to create impressions of boundaries of space. Si deals with perception of space as a holistic entity with every part connecting to each other in complete interdependence. However, none of these perceptions are discrete, they only become discrete when Ne calls upon them to reinterpret their progression into a separate grouping.

Ne experiences reality in terms of outlined, episodic images that it gathers from its environment. The images have no sense of detail, and may be described as as outwardly blobs of impressions. To direct the environment in the desired direction, Ne creates alternate groupings of familiar processes. However, in order to do so, Ne requires a detailed sense of the actuality of the object, and its affect on the surrounding environment. Ne avoids any association with altering the holistic reality as a continuously evolving process, but instead groups and takes into consideration the infinite ways the processes could be regrouped in many different ways, to lead to different outcomes.

For this reason, Judicious types may seem like they lack a sense of intensity or realness, as their concrete/external perception is abstracted and internalized, before it is extroverted.

---

Thoughts? It's highly abstract so it might need a little decompression to make sense properly, but I tried to make as comprehensible as I could.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dilemma!

I can't like the post after I mark it as constructive! Oh no!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I don't know. I don't think I'm that autistic and airy-fairy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eh, I don't know. I don't think I'm that autistic and airy-fairy.
    that makes one of us
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not