Thread: World population will hit 11 billion by 2050

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default World population will hit 11 billion by 2050.

What do you think about that?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay with me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think i'll be around bY then. the future freaks me out
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubtful
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China and India are getting richer every day, they'll reach a point in their development in which they will live like we live right now because the western lifestyle is still the ideal. And Europe suffers from a high decrease of birth rates almost throughout the continent. It somewhat paradox, but richer societies seem to have lower birth rates in general.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, that:

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Also, that:

lol...that's terrifying.
    really.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this makes me want to just make up a thousand of them. this is real estate in the future! ofcourse we won't have usernames bY then and it'll all be futile or some shit like that

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    this makes me want to just make up a thousand of them. this is real estate in the future! ofcourse we won't have usernames bY then and it'll all be futile or some shit like that
    what do you think they'll use...the chips implanted under the skin?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think we're heading towards a decrease of anonymity. Real names like Facebook or something idk how this shit works

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most of it is going to be in third world countries, like it is now and has mostly been. How do I feel about this? That's another story. Do I want people to become masses rather than individuals? No. I feel that the irresponsible growth does that. Look at what it takes now to get somewhere in life. To go to the school you want, you must compete with other. You're no longer valued for your unique personality but are for your outstanding test score that competes with everyone else. It raises competition and that world we created to surpass evolution of human kind (by making the selection determinant on qualities other than basic evolutionary tendencies such as strength is going to be lost and the losing party becomes the fragile souls).

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Population will eventually plateau, even if just by the limits overpopulation places on mankind-- outbreak of disease, warfare, economic hardship, etc. hopefully....

The whole idea disgusts me. Why the fuck have generations before us made it so easy for humans to thrive, especially those who have no business procreating-- ie the dumb and useless? Now, humans are just one big problem. We've largely defeated most natural bounds of Darwinism as the strongest are definitly not the only group thriving.. destroying the planet, la de da.. I know, I'm horrible, but life, to me, seems so much more practical with less people; take me back to the 1800s..

people living in a shack or ghetto shouldn't have six or seven kids when they can't afford having even one. For extra labor? I work in a hugely "ghetto" area...and these kids do anything but work, they play videogames all day, fight, rob, eat, take up space, skip school.. and yet their mommas and sisters keep popping out kids.
    Last edited by blackburry; 12-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally am a little scared about the future, and not only because of the population growht, but also the weaknesses of our monetary system, possible climate change(?), pensions crisis etc.. On the other hand, I feel like this is a very interesting generation to be a part of, whatever may happen.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The planet should be able to handle several more billion people without a problem, however eventually the population would reach a point where it would be too high to sustain. When? I don't know. However, either humanity as to cut down on its lifestyle to sustain more people, or simply cut down on its birthrates to sustain its way of living.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has never been over-population. Nature always takes care of it. Everything will be fine. After a bloodshed for last resources, starvation, wars and other economic, ecologic catastrophes. I deeply believe that humankind will persist and will kill it's inefficient as well as counterproductive structures. The progress just will be slow and painful until the boiling point is reached.

In some areas, bunnies and foxes have statistically visible, reversely correlative birth and mature rates. This phenomenum is cyclic as the foxes will start to overpopulate and die as the bunnies reproduce due to lesser threat of a predator.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the world is almost polluted past the point of no return already, i really don't see a hope in some natural balance sweeping in and the population re-leveling. you guys act like death isnt natural, death of the planet; or at least what's on its surface

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Mmm, Malthusian Crunch…

The problem with these sorts of arguments, is that commodity supplies keep increasing over the long-term (because of technology advances, etc). You can look at the supply levels for any basic commodity—oil, copper, corn, what have you—and find that in 10+ years the supply yields are greater than they were before.

The idea that we're somehow going to run out resources (in the near future) has been proven false time and again. We've yet to reach this critical threshold of resource scarcity that doomsayers have been prognosticating about for decades/centuries.
    In my opinion it isn't as much as a matter of supply levels as it is the quanitity of fucking people. They just take up space. They sprawl out. They infest. They damage, they overuse. Disgusting, gluttonness people. I hate "the masses". I realize the hypocrisy, as I'm human and technically a part of "the masses" BUT, I'm fairly intelligent, I try to help people, I try very hard to not waste anything and keep my carbon use minimally. But my city is becoming bigger and bigger, traffic is an absolute nightmare. it's a college town where everyone from ages 18-28 drink, drive drunk, speed, go out every night, there's concerts somewhere every night, events everywhere...omg, I need out. I hate how pretty this place used to be, now it's polluted and loud and ugly. And honestly the more I see of other walks of life, especially working at a hospital...holy shit, people are rude, inconsiderate, wasteful and it's RARE to see decent, good, not-desperately-looking-screw-you-over people. why can't the horrible people just disappear?..

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

demographic predictions are lame. They never get them right. Since the 1980s, demographic projects have been consistently downward shifted i.e. they never got them right in the first place, and they keep on getting them wrong. It's just impossible to tell.

Ashton's link seems good, but since the report has been written in 2004, I believe it's already outdated.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have faith earthquakes will hit major cities before then wiping out hundreds of thousands.

I was texting someone just last night about this.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    The idea that we're somehow going to run out resources (in the near future) has been proven false time and again. We've yet to reach this critical threshold of resource scarcity that doomsayers have been prognosticating about for decades/centuries.
    As if there weren't expensive resource wars executed by the most dominant world military power?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    the world is almost polluted past the point of no return already, i really don't see a hope in some natural balance sweeping in and the population re-leveling. you guys act like death isnt natural, death of the planet; or at least what's on its surface
    Do you think that humans can keep polluting at this rate even when people start dying due to the effects pollution? Even polluters must live in order to pollute more. That's natural balance for you. You (and other bystanders) reap what you (and other) sow.
    Even if a nuclear fallout would cover the whole earth, there would be survivors.
    We are not dying as a race. We're just getting really emotional by massive amounts suffering.

But then I guess it fits well in to your end-is-near-have-a-christ-theme.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Creepy-Snaps

11 billion people by 2050 will be great for business.

I expect technology to continue to accelerate. Food production to continue to become more efficient. Gas-powered cars to become extinct, being replaced by hydrogen-powered cars. Global expansion by trans-national corporations will put a stronger emphasis on trade and cooperation among nations. I expect the 3rd millenium to be comparatively more peaceful than the world wars of the 1st and 2nd, for the emphasis on cooperation and the decrease of anonymity, through globalized communication. I expect specific ethnicities to die out, as we interbreed, and our children interbreed, a uniform language to become standard, right now perhaps English, although centuries down the road, perhaps Chinese will become dominant, and eventually, with so many trans-national corporations doing inter-country business, a globalized currency to be adopted.

^^ How much of that we will see before 2050, time will tell, but those are the trends where our world is headed. Definitely a great time to be living, and exciting point in the history of our world.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that there will be lot of technological unemployment as it's hard to compete in the labour market if you're pitted against self-maintaining robotry.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not raise ecologically aware offspring?
    By doing nothing we let the 'selfish' raise the next generation.

Though I have to agree in some degree with Doug Stanhope:

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of employment can you be competitible in when put side-by-side with 24/7 working highly advanced AI? I'm not talking about cool robot hand assembling fine machinery, but of a self-maintaining, experimental, creative AI that matches and exceeds all human reasoning & learning capabilities. This includes having an effective bureaucracy done by the AI. Later on they will make art (product that produces aesthetic experience to the viewer) and science better than any human is capable of.

You really believe that those wars are ideological? Interesting as that point of view is starting to become unpopular in comparison with the oil hungry neo-imperialist theory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is ok.. we are all going to die but that's perfectly fine

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    it is ok.. we are all going to die but that's perfectly fine
    You rant about how everybody is obsessed with death yet only you seem to really speak of it.
    Project much?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the overpopulation of this world was engineered for the sole purpose of maximizing its harvest. the cluelessness of its inhabitants never ceases to amaze me. enjoy the ride.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    the overpopulation of this world was engineered for the sole purpose of maximizing its harvest. the cluelessness of its inhabitants never ceases to amaze me. enjoy the ride.
    LOL. You're the reason why I will never do drugs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't escape the future except maybe by a miracle of forgiveness

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrxtes
    LOL. look up.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    but he is such a bad example, it embarrasses me too.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    lol you people are just way behind. it has nothing to do with drugs.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even do drugs. I smoked marijuana a few times while I was on here in the past. At this point I'm not worried about the world, I'm thinking about how to fulfill the law of God, and I am not sure if I should post a confession on here or not; or if confessions are made in private, or with God alone, or if my confession may sway people to their confessions; which I do think it may, and nothing else can be lost, and I cannot have shame. I need someone who knows about these things to tell me, and I am still reading the bible to find out. All of you I recommend do the same, not out of fear from what we've said - we're only afraid of our sins which are numerous - but by recognizing the testament of Christ, and that the law of God has not been fulfilled, and we must fulfill it; it will be fulfilled whether it is done in this life or the next.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"If everybody was gay the world would die out"

Emo Intelligent Gay Man Says: "And that's a bad thing, how?" in a Daria voice with his vampyre-loving human hating best friend female fag hag. They smirk off in the distance.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a good place to shove pregnant women downstairs. Anyone interested in population control by VI as a hobby?

I'd like to remind you that killing unborn makes you even steven with nature if you want to have a baby of your own.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Yay, Christian mythology...

Rosecrutianism is bullshit. One of my friends used to be convinced that I was a Rosecrutian and I had been sent to recruit him. For tha lulz.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE
    I don't even do drugs. I smoked marijuana a few times while I was on here in the past. At this point I'm not worried about the world, I'm thinking about how to fulfill the law of God, and I am not sure if I should post a confession on here or not; or if confessions are made in private, or with God alone, or if my confession may sway people to their confessions; which I do think it may, and nothing else can be lost, and I cannot have shame. I need someone who knows about these things to tell me, and I am still reading the bible to find out. All of you I recommend do the same, not out of fear from what we've said - we're only afraid of our sins which are numerous - but by recognizing the testament of Christ, and that the law of God has not been fulfilled, and we must fulfill it; it will be fulfilled whether it is done in this life or the next.

it's just that those who exist in ignorance of something which they at least unconsciously grasp the potency of (i.e. reflect their divinity in a capsule), need to feign distant superiority to justify their unwillingness to integrate it; this attitude is -always- bolstered by some pretense of "building a life," when in fact, such idiots who actually believe life is out there, don't exist to begin with, and never will, which is why the majority of you people are set to live out another cycle of third-density incarnations; it has nothing to do with sin or whatever, just the fact that you willingly ignore your divine nature, convince yourself that physical mortality implies finitude, and subserve yourself to the specter of a dark lord reigning over all affairs. the kinder need god, the more hostile, resigned, they like "the man," and seek to fight for their survival, because of course animals have to die hard. so when someone like me who's been there for a minute comes in and relays a fucking shred of information regarding the movement in this sphere, suddenly I'm a crazy druggie, a "bad example." I would tell them to get fucked if they didn't already exist with a cock lodged in their esophagus; ah, and will your cries be muffled, only because the chords entwine around my fingertips. lol reserve tickets now please.
    Last edited by strrrng; 12-12-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You people take him too literally. Don't read his words; listen to what he's saying.

Relax, guy.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast