Thread: What kind of acting have you done?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What kind of acting have you done?

In third grade I directed the play "Arthur's First Sleepover" for my class, then in 4th grade I was the firefighter for a play. My lines were "Jump, lady! Jump, lady! Jump, lady! Whoops..." So I personally haven't done much acting. How about you? What kind of roles have you played for theatre, film, or other media in school or outside?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got invited to play a self-loathing gay man in a play once. I probably should have agreed to go, but I was too nervous. It was also a bunch of gay men (being the theater and all), and I know I'd be hit on and flirted with and I just wasn't really in the mood to be 'fawned over' like that. I mean I'm not bragging or anything. *Maybe a little*

and like starfall im also super shy. but I could play a gay man with no self-esteem incredibly well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. =p

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was in high school, I was in a play with my friend's Mormon church youth group, and they made me play Satan. Or Ms Snake, as they called me.

When I was in 4th grade, I played Miss Spider from James and the Giant Peach.

I can't think of anything else.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-bg

I fake every orgasm. even when i masturbate.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this older kid no one knew played Bach as lead for the school assembly, and pretty much all his school years everyone called him Bach. So messed lol

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    So messed lol
    Retarded kids are everywhere.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played Santa in the first grade. Besides the multiple roles I have had since I've been self-conscious.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No roles, no acting.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In third grade I was part of the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. Later I played the princess's sister in The Frog Prince. I took acting from 8th thru 12th grade and played a dangerously helpful invalid, a witch, Mrs. Gibbs in Our Town, the witch in Hansel and Gretel, Mrs. Cratchit in A Christmas Carol, an insane hired girl, and Natalya in The Proposal, as well as minor rolls and characters who never got to perform.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was made to do all the acting I did either by my parents or by my teachers; they seem to think I'm good. Was in high school productions of Arsenic and Old Lace, some Shakespeare, Ten Little Indians, and something else I can't remember. All of them were probably really bad because the director was an insane ESTp woman.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in a horrible Western play in 5th grade. I remember practicing my lines over and over and trying to speak with an accent so it might seem real. I didn't have much of a part, thankfully. I also took an acting class in college and it was not easy. I struggled with the movement aspect of acting and just looked awkward and I struggled with being emotionally expressive. I tried out for a play around this time and it was a harrowing experience. I didn't get in, which was a good thing. I envied some of the other people, secretly. I like many things about acting though. I like getting into my character's mind and fusing with my character... I want to think my character's thoughts and feel her feelings... I want to reach the point where nothing else matters (as in how I'm moving or any of that stuff) because I simply am my character (where all else simply flows out of that). And the level of self-development necessary to pull that off is something I crave. And I love imagining I'm my character and seeing the surroundings my character sees (being in that world). Anyway aside from all this I struggle with criticism and rejection and I remember feeling pretty hurt at some of the criticisms from my instructor, particularly regarding my weak points--physical and emotional expression.

Creepy-male

I never got big parts in elementary school plays, and I'm glad I didn't... the most recent acting I've done is I was in a paintball commercial once, yea! it was badass

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    the director was an insane ESTp woman.
    I don't know the type of my 8th grade theater teacher, but he was good in an unconventional way. One year of high school the teacher was a likely ILE with very old-fashioned methods. Most of the time is was an IEE, the daughter of the previous LSE theater teacher.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never did any acting