Thread: Who has the best people skills, ESE or EIE?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who has the best people skills, ESE or EIE?

Who has the best people skills, ESE or EIE? My experience, being that I self-type as an EIE, is that ESEs are in every way superior to EIEs in interpersonal relations. Check out the ESEs on here. They are quite gracious. The EIEs seem to be needy of attention.

However, if ESEs have one weakness, it is this. Their people skills do not extend to creating motivation for new endeavors or anything transformative. This is where I seem to dominate over my kindred best friend.

ESEs seem to be good hosts or masters of ceremonies. EIEs seem to be motavators for change, and create excitment for ideas or changes.

Thoughs? observations?

Creepy-Snaps

Yes definitely, agree with a lot that you pointed out, in terms of graciousnes and motivating others.

First, I'd like to point out that people skills are skills, and all types can learn them.

Second, regarding a more 'composed' air I think you're hinting at, observing the norms of etiquette, I have before suspected that ESEs are great in this regard, not just because of Fe, but because of Si. Look at how nice SEIs are... look at the professionalism of LSEs, how great they can be with people, and how considerate SLIs can be. I think Alphas and Deltas can come across more laid-back, chilled, comfortable with people, because of the influence of Si.

Depends what you mean in terms of 'people skills'. If you're talking about motivating, inspiring, getting to someone's core, EIE's Ni makes them amazing. If you're talking about fostering interpersonal relationships, I would vote that the ESE is best.

And yes, it's fun to play host and make sure that everyone is being taken care of and having a good time!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Among males, I'd say definitely ESE. The EIE males I know are quite challenging, controversial, argumentative and somewhat bitter. I'd even go as far as saying that I have better people skills than most of them...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Among males, I'd say definitely ESE. The EIE males I know are quite challenging, controversial, argumentative and somewhat bitter. I'd even go as far as saying that I have better people skills than most of them...
    agree with all of this. go!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG says "The EIE males I know are quite challenging, controversial, argumentative and somewhat bitter." That might be true. However I think that is a subtype issue.
    In person, I come off as a gentleman / hippie / intellectual with "hidden" confidence and an equally "concealed" sense of humor. I am the Ni-EIE subtype. However, that is not the whole story. In the DCNH subtype system, I am the C subtype, which can be confused with IEIs. Thus, I am very reserved on first meeting. I first learn a little bit about the people I talk to, rather than charge forwards with my hippie Ni swinging all over the place.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew says "how considerate SLIs can be" - wow, I never noticed that. SLIs are my “conflictor.” They try as hard as they can to reduce my enthusiasm. They seem to grower at me with genuine menace, then, when (and if) I am able to fully deploy my talents; they become very withdrawn - even intimidated. I spent 8 years in the US Marine Corps, a place where the SLIs were common. They always had this, "you aren't a real Marine” attitude towards me. They thought all of my training lectures were an effort at one-upmanship. They saw me as outshining them, yet somehow, it was like I was not good enough to be in the same force. (And I did outshine them!)
    They responded with dread and even open hatred at all of my achievements. So I guess I don’t see them from the point of view of somebody who intertypes with them more positively!!!

What are ILIs like to the ESEs?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Who has the best people skills, ESE or EIE? My experience, being that I self-type as an EIE, is that ESEs are in every way superior to EIEs in interpersonal relations. Check out the ESEs on here. They are quite gracious. The EIEs seem to be needy of attention.

However, if ESEs have one weakness, it is this. Their people skills do not extend to creating motivation for new endeavors or anything transformative. This is where I seem to dominate over my kindred best friend.

ESEs seem to be good hosts or masters of ceremonies. EIEs seem to be motavators for change, and create excitment for ideas or changes.

Thoughs? observations?
    I can't say I've befriended any male EIEs, but my good EIE female friend is very outgoing and friendly. Her "Fe" is all over the place, and I bet that it would even intimidate ESEs. But in general? I couldn't tell which one would have the best people skills overall. I'd think that EIEs can be more socially awkward or reserved, because they don't have Ni polr.

On a side note, you look like a smexy bear (not the animal) in that pic. UDP will be laughing if he ever gets to this btw, lol.