Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default socionics symbols

Was there a thread somewhere that discussed why the symbols were chosen the way they were to represent what they do? I vaguely remember something like it, but can't find anything in the search that talks about it.

Does anyone know? Or should I make a thread on it? And yes, I know this isn't really important to types; it's mostly for the sake of having knowledge, even if seemingly useless and uninspiring to most.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This?

A few words about the origin of the graphic symbols. We have represented black sensing with the symbol — a figure that suggest the fullest contact with the external world. Intuition is a triangle , which fits perfectly into a circle. Logic and ethics are the external form and the internal content of the same process. Therefore, if we represent logic with a square — a symbol of strict reasoning — then a symbol that fits into a square must be chosen to represent the internal aspect of the same process. Thus was born a square without one corner — .

We will assign corresponding field elements the same symbols, only with a different color: , , , and .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're -PoLR, -DS, -HA, and -creative, imo.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio The Rapping Antenna View Post
    This?

A few words about the origin of the graphic symbols. We have represented black sensing with the symbol — a figure that suggest the fullest contact with the external world. Intuition is a triangle , which fits perfectly into a circle. Logic and ethics are the external form and the internal content of the same process. Therefore, if we represent logic with a square — a symbol of strict reasoning — then a symbol that fits into a square must be chosen to represent the internal aspect of the same process. Thus was born a square without one corner — .

We will assign corresponding field elements the same symbols, only with a different color: , , , and .

Awesome, thanks. That's exactly what I was curious about.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think you're -PoLR, -DS, -HA, and -creative, imo.
    Wow...you gathered all that from my posts? That's incredible, but also a little disconcerting. You should make your own socionics.