Thread: Unusually common non-dual romantic pairings

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supervision and Benefit pairings are common in general, either sex.

I notice LIE/IEI frequently; LIE/SLE pops up a lot too.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not claiming this to be a pattern, but in my experience I've seen a good number of SEI/SLI couples.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta admit, most of my ex-lovers seem to be IEIs. I had attributed it to local lack of SEIs (or my incapability to spot them), but it maybe a pattern. Also, my way to approach can be somewhat Aggressor-like.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know of many male SLE/female SEE couples.
    they're pretty entertaining when with a big crowd. they're "that" couple. the couple that everyone knows and just bring big energy where ever they go. though, they seem more into the attention and interaction they're getting from other people than they are into each other....
    kindred relations are cute, they usually always end and they each go their seperate way but you can't help but reminisce about them because the were just FUN.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeli View Post
    kindred relations are cute, they usually always end[...]
    Most relations do, don't they.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of successful mirror relationships around. Semi-duality is pretty common too. Haven't seen a lot of activity partners, which surprises me considering the supposed compatibility between the two.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILE male-IEI female (illusion)
    SEI female-LSI male (benefit)
    EIE female-ILI male (supervision)
    SEE female-ESI male (mirror)
    EII male-SLI female (activity)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by under the bridge View Post
    I'm not claiming this to be a pattern, but in my experience I've seen a good number of SEI/SLI couples.
    yeah interesting... the SLI i'm into now used to have a serious SEI girlfriend too. I wonder why that particular kindred relation tends to be so attractive... I mean obviously it didn't work out for them, so there were probs ultimately...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeli View Post
    kindred relations are cute, they usually always end and they each go their seperate way but you can't help but reminisce about them because the were just FUN.
    Yeah the SLI & SEI did look very cute together actually... and they're still fb friends too even though the SEI is in another relationship now...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

benefit - more common between ethical + logical types than two ethical or two logical ones (i.e. ILE-EIE is more common than ILE-LSE)

supervision - at least short term

semi-duality among rationals (ESI-LSE, LSI-EIE, EII-LIE, LII-EIE)
    mirage among rationals (IEI-ILE, ILI-IEE, SEI-SLE, SLI-SEE)

extinguishment - common for both friendship and short-term relationships. likely for the reason of extinguishment partners being reminiscent of one's dual (same temperament, same cog-style). plus it's easier to meet than with one's dual (same club). these relations are more fragile than superego and people usually easily separate once they begin feeling something is off. (i've been pursued by my contraries much more often than my duals, but it never lasts).

I've been surprised to see a few super-ego pairings. There is something strange going on with this relation that's not fully explained anywhere in socionics descriptions. It's a difficult relaitonships type, but there is something there that makes the bond very strong once it's established - people just can't seem to be able to leave each other even though there are misunderstandings everywhere. Is a sense of mystery? A feeling of mutual respect and sympathy? Needs further looking into.

relations that I would have expected to be common, that aren't
    - mirror
    - activity
    Last edited by silke; 11-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-ESE
    SEE-ESI
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE/SEI
    SLE/ESI (I see this one a LOT. I think I know three couples personally in this pairing, two are divorced after long marriages)
    SLE/EII (I know two couples! Both still together, but not happy, just committed. at some point, it's just too hard to get out)
    ESE/IEE
    EII/ILE
    SLE/LSI
    EII/SEI
    SEI/IEE
    SEI/LSE
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    EIE female-ILI male (supervision)
    mY ex-roomies were EIE (female) and ILI (male), both ni subtype. they looked more cute together and compatible at a distance but once i lived with them i saw they had a lot of problems. the EIE was alwaYs trying to get the ILI to have more friends, and the ILI was verY critical of the EIE over stupid shit. i remember she got too drunk and passed out on the living room floor with her dog onlY a few hours after the ILI got off work. Yet she was able to wake up and remember to call herself a cab for the morning, and he was all pissed off at her for it. like if You can wake up and call Yourself a cab You should have been able to wake up when i was shaking You to come to bed with me blah blah. she later complained to me, comparing the ILI to her ex, who she felt would've carried her to bed and called a cab for her, instead of making her feel like shit.

another time when they were fighting she went out bY herself at night to hang with her guy friends (who i know are good people and it was def not sexual) and they were plaYing with a knife in the park and she accidentlY cut her hand, slicing a nerve and had to go to the hospital. the ILI didn't visit her because he felt she "deserved" it and she would be afraid to complain about the pain or anYthing around him cause he would guilt her.

the ILI was more passive in the relationship when he was depending on her for moneY, but when he got a job he became more dominant in the relationship. theY kept a lot of secrets from each other because theY put heavY judgement on each other for mistakes. it was a more passive-aggressive tYpe of fighting though, not Yelling. they'd also channel their frustration into household issues, which made them a pain in the ass to live with when they quit smoking pot.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super EGO relations ::: Each super ego partner is quasi-identical to each others activity partner. It is easy to mistype somebody as their quasi-identical because you see their Id functions and mistake them for their lead functions. Thus, Super Ego relations should start off like they are activity pairs.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to agree with Galen - I see a LOT of mirror married couples. Not many activity and that seems weird to me too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen activity and benefit being relatively common. Can't think of any mirror.

More specifically, I know a lot of IP-Ni with IJ-Se pairs, especially ISFj(female)-INTp(male). ESFps and ENTjs can be kinda high manteinance.

Among benefit, I've seen ENTj-ENFp and ESFj-ESTp, although these pairings don't seem to last long.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    mY ex-roomies were EIE (female) and ILI (male), both ni subtype. they looked more cute together and compatible at a distance but once i lived with them i saw they had a lot of problems. the EIE was alwaYs trying to get the ILI to have more friends, and the ILI was verY critical of the EIE over stupid shit. i remember she got too drunk and passed out on the living room floor with her dog onlY a few hours after the ILI got off work. Yet she was able to wake up and remember to call herself a cab for the morning, and he was all pissed off at her for it. like if You can wake up and call Yourself a cab You should have been able to wake up when i was shaking You to come to bed with me blah blah. she later complained to me, comparing the ILI to her ex, who she felt would've carried her to bed and called a cab for her, instead of making her feel like shit.

another time when they were fighting she went out bY herself at night to hang with her guy friends (who i know are good people and it was def not sexual) and they were plaYing with a knife in the park and she accidentlY cut her hand, slicing a nerve and had to go to the hospital. the ILI didn't visit her because he felt she "deserved" it and she would be afraid to complain about the pain or anYthing around him cause he would guilt her.

the ILI was more passive in the relationship when he was depending on her for moneY, but when he got a job he became more dominant in the relationship. theY kept a lot of secrets from each other because theY put heavY judgement on each other for mistakes. it was a more passive-aggressive tYpe of fighting though, not Yelling. they'd also channel their frustration into household issues, which made them a pain in the ass to live with when they quit smoking pot.
    You were living with fucked up people
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post

Sounds similar enough to an EIE/ILI couple I knew. The ILI ended up having a secret affair with a mutual friend of theirs, an SEE. It went on behind the EIE's back for months. Duality huh?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    ESE/SEI
    SLE/ESI (I see this one a LOT. I think I know three couples personally in this pairing, two are divorced after long marriages)
    SLE/EII (I know two couples! Both still together, but not happy, just committed. at some point, it's just too hard to get out)
    ESE/IEE
    EII/ILE
    SLE/LSI
    EII/SEI
    SEI/IEE
    SEI/LSE
    How was the relationship between SEI and LSE?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How was the relationship between SEI and LSE?
    Horrible at points, but they stuck it out and have both mellowed some in their early 60s.... married for over 40 years I believe.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible at points, but they stuck it out and have both mellowed some in their early 60s.... married for over 40 years I believe.
    Horrible in what way?

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE (woman)-LSI (man) semiduality seems quite common. I think Gulenko also mentioned this somewhere. LSI men often live up to the role model of a good husband and masculine man, and semiduality is pretty good so ESE women often go for them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Horrible in what way?
    LOTS of fighting. (I heard it... I'm talking about my aunt and uncle) Massive and constant disagreements on raising the kids, discipline, etc. Lots of frustration with each other from both people but LSE was more frustrated and upset with the SEI. To some extent, he tried to let it roll off his back. But it wasn't pretty and I felt like he was often emasculated. She yelled at him a lot, put him down in from of others. Very unhealthy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Snaps

redbaron! Seems like you haven't posted in a while. How are you?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOTS of fighting. (I heard it... I'm talking about my aunt and uncle) Massive and constant disagreements on raising the kids, discipline, etc. Lots of frustration with each other from both people but LSE was more frustrated and upset with the SEI. To some extent, he tried to let it roll off his back. But it wasn't pretty and I felt like he was often emasculated. She yelled at him a lot, put him down in from of others. Very unhealthy.
    i have to be honest, when i hear stories like this i'm glad that i learned socionics, because now i know who to marry and who to avoid. lol

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. Makes sense.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Interesting. Makes sense.
    yes Absurd, don't marry an IEI! she'll make you so miserable that one horrible night you may end up beating her in a drunken rage. it would be unfortunate for all parties involved.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to be honest, when i hear stories like this i'm glad that i learned socionics, because now i know who to marry and who to avoid. lol
    I know, right??

My dad is an LSE actually. I used to be quite attracted to people who I felt resembled my father as well as hold him up as a standard of competence (fucked up, I know). I particularly sought out people like that because I always grew up under the assumption that there was something wrong or defective about myself for not having any of his qualities. His temper didn't help.

In fact, I used to have a hard time with the idea of dating (people who were) ILE's b/c they didn't have any of those LSE traits! And I was used to the feeling of being helpless/utterly not capable (which I sometimes get around LSE's) b/c I had internalized that feeling as a truth about myself. So socionics isn't useless. Hmm.

oh ps-- I know quite a few ILE (male)/ LSE (female) pairings. It's usually a (successful) ILE unwaveringly chasing the LSE, who is then moved or flattered by the attention. The relationship seems to start to go bad pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    redbaron! Seems like you haven't posted in a while. How are you?
    Hi MD! I'm doing well, thanks! Busy...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My LSE bf with his SEI sister and same pairing is with my dual cousin and her sister. The SEI is dismissive of LSE doesn't take the things in his life seriously, what is important to an LSE at a given time is disregarded as important by the SEI. The SEI will do something to shut the LSE down when what LSE finds is important and wants to talk about something extensively or start a conversation with them.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I know, right??

My dad is an LSE actually. I used to be quite attracted to people who I felt resembled my father as well as hold him up as a standard of competence (fucked up, I know). I particularly sought out people like that because I always grew up under the assumption that there was something wrong or defective about myself for not having any of his qualities. His temper didn't help.

In fact, I used to have a hard time with the idea of dating (people who were) ILE's b/c they didn't have any of those LSE traits! And I was used to the feeling of being helpless/utterly not capable (which I sometimes get around LSE's) b/c I had internalized that feeling as a truth about myself. So socionics isn't useless. Hmm.

oh ps-- I know quite a few ILE (male)/ LSE (female) pairings. It's usually a (successful) ILE unwaveringly chasing the LSE, who is then moved or flattered by the attention. The relationship seems to start to go bad pretty quickly.
    Always been the other way around for me, I have to dodge LSE's like bullets. They all want to take care of me/control me or something. They're workaholics and I know they can cheat on their significant others(usually they're bugging me when they're in relationships) and way too masculine for me.

Relationship I've seen a few of

ILE/IEI
    ESE/IEI
    EIE/ILI
    ESE/EII