Thread: Type my mom!

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my mom!

Stealing foxingtits idea. Academically driven woman (always pushed me to do better in school). She was the only one out of her 14 siblings to go to college, obtaining a degree in pharmacy. EXTREMELY family driven, and this was the reason why she decided to go back to her hometown and start her own business to be around her siblings, as well as start a family. Very fond of her catholic religion, even if she claims to have read a lot of books that should disprove it. Not overly spiritual, but always tries to support her actions by some action of god or Jesus Christ. My dad passed away 9 years ago, and hasn't had a relationship since.

Super emotional. I will always try to reason with her when she's being overly demanding, and she constantly goes "well I guess I must be wrong for having emotions" or something like that. Very manipulative with crying and so, for which I had to learn to ignore in order to prove her wrong when she blatantly was.

Our relationship has improved ever since I moved away. She tended to be quite overbearing and overprotective, rarely allowing me to grow up according to my age. When she grounded me it was always a bit excessive, especially when compared to my friends. Her reasoning for her obsessive grounding, when questioned, was "Their parents probably don't love them as much as I do to you. It's for your best". I moved away for college as soon as I was able to, and now we get along better that she doesn't have any type of control over me.

Image 1

Image 2 (middle)

Image 3

As for other systems go, she types herself an ISFJ 2.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type her Italian.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way she went abour raising you sounds Rational > Irrational.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm going to guess EIE. Her demeanor and expression in the first photo looks similar to this EIE photo from Filatova's portraits:

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identifying via VI isn't my strongest point but, based on what you said, huge ISFj flags went up for me. How she raised you, the way you described her involvement in family, and her views on religion are very similar to my ISFj mother. She was also notorious for being 'manipulative' with her emotions(unintentionally, I'd guess), especially in the form of guilt trips. Never doubted she loved us immensely, though.

Maybe Se-ISFj?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds terribly ISFjish or ENFjish.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma, oh no! I feel the pain you must have felt many times during your childhood, because I probably went through the same stuff.

She reminds me so much of my grandmother (fairly certain she's ISFJ 2w1 in terms of other systems) it's unreal - from the description you gave, the two of them sound identical in almost every aspect. Also, you were the one to tell me that my grandmother was Gamma, so your mom must be too. :-P I'm going with ESI.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i also thought EIE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your mommy looks like an ESE? How is she on the joking around department?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks very Russian. That is roossheen.

Yes, Yes, da, da,

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks Si-Creative to me, and from your description I think she's LSE.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually... her being ISFj makes a heck of a lot of sense which I hadn't thought about until recently. She's emotional, but not necessarily a "happy" emotions type, but rather a much more ... serious.

I don't see how she could be an aggressor, but then again, I'm not sure on how Gamma Aggressors work.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;