Thread: 2012 US Republican Presidential Candidates

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2012 US Republican Presidential Candidates

Haven't put a whole lot of thought into these yet, but I'm wondering what others think. I'd get pictures but I'm busy

• Michelle Bachman - INFp? Beta, at any rate, I believe
    • Herman Cain - C-ENTp, haven't ruled out ENFp but his whole shtick seems Alpha to me. ESTp not impossible.
    • Newt Gingrich - N-ESTp. His pictures even smell ESTp. I don't know what that means other than that I'm confident in that typing. Strongly reminds me of other Beta ST politicians in the way he openly flaunts his talent for political calculus.
    • John Hunstman - ENFj?
    • Ron Paul - N-INTp. Made up statistic: 2/3 of all followers of Austrian Economics are INTp
    • Rick Perry - C-ESTj. Don't blame me; I voted for Kinky Friedman.
    • Mitt Romney - D-ESTj. Definitely conveys that ESTj-ish control vibe to me
    • Rick Santorum - ISTp?

Blah go argue

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what I've seen they're all nutters.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gary Johnson- ENTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully ron paul wins

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy
    [*]Ron Paul - N-INTp. Made up statistic: 2/3 of all followers of Austrian Economics are INTp
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herman Cain - ENTj
    Ron Paul - ISTp
    Michelle Bachmann - ESTj
    Newt Gingrich - INTp
    Rick Perry - ENFj
    Mitt Romney - ENFj
    Rick Santorum - ISTp
    John Huntsman - ENTp

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riddy I didn't know you went for DCNH now

Bachmann: ti-istj
    Cain: te-estj?
    Romney: si-estj
    Perry: si-estj
    Gingrich: fe/ti extrovert

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does nobody know who Gary Johnson is? Pro gay rights, separation of church & state, fiscal conservative, two-time governor of New Mexico, his only prior experience was building a multi-million dollar construction company, pro immigration, supports states' rights, balanced budget by 2013, "fair tax system", pro marijuana decriminalization and legalization, climbed Mount Everest? He's got to be the best republican out there.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear god
    At least a Democrat is bound to win, unless Ron Paul gets the nomination.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Rockwell View Post
    Does nobody know who Gary Johnson is? Pro gay rights, separation of church & state, fiscal conservative, two-time governor of New Mexico, his only prior experience was building a multi-million dollar construction company, pro immigration, supports states' rights, balanced budget by 2013, "fair tax system", pro marijuana decriminalization and legalization, climbed Mount Everest? He's got to be the best republican out there.
    Holy shit

What?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Holy shit

What?
    Yeah, he'll be on the ballot during the primaries. Only problem is he's getting zero airtime.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Riddy.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, never heard of him.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Newt Gingrich - Obvious LII. Either Creative or Dominant. Strong on big-picture issues, principles, ideas, etc., but tends to avoid detailed discussion of tactics and implementation. Displays an Alpha-esque "Can't we all just be friends instead of fighting all the time?" attitude to the other Republican candidates.
    • Mitt Romney - Obvious LIE. Focus is on long-term practical issues, economy, tends not to emphasize Alpha NT logical principles and theories.
    • Herman Cain - D-LSE. Very practical, economic focus like Romney, strong on implementation and details in his specialized field, but weak on strategy and big-picture issues outside of his specialized field.
    • Ron Paul - IEI or ILI or ILE or something? Heavily intuitive, but seems to exist more in his own head than in the real world. Focused almost entirely on principle, to the near-complete exclusion of discussing practical implementation.
    • Rick Perry - Some ST. SLE maybe? Or LSE? Comes across like a high school jock. Same problems as Cain in talking about big-picture issues and strategy, but much worse at hiding it.
    • John Hunstman - Something ethical. IEE or EIE? Frequent appeals to emotion rather than principle or practicality.
    • Michelle Bachman - Not sure.
    • Rick Santorum - Not sure.
    Quaero Veritas.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is up with all this DCNH stuff?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    WTF is up with all this DCNH stuff?
    No idea, I didn't think most people on here cared for it.

@Ashton an ESTj 9? Doesn't sound like a very common combo to me.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Michelle Bachman - INFp?
    please no

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

unelectable

He is another delta imo. I think LSE.

I think he's a isolationist and means well but his policies ultimately will produce a easily exploitable system which will be abused by someone else due to the removal of some control mechanisms which might not be needed under his administration but will be necessary when another person/successor takes charge.

It's common to see this sort of person in history, take Marcus Aurelius for example, who means well are are exemplary in their personal behavior but create systems which require exemplary behavior to operate and are thus unsustainable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Paul's very charismatic when he gets media attention. I think he will beat obama if he can get the nomination.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree.
    He left New Mexico in a surplus by loosening government control on small businesses, giving them the breathing room they needed to truly thrive.
    I see why you'd say there are those who'd seek to exploit this sort of flexibility, but it's an antithesis to the way that the U.S. government has been
    operating in recent times. I'd just like to see other methods being implemented into the madness.
    Aside from that, Gary Johnson is the least "Republican" of the Republican party, and some would say he shouldn't even be identified as such. Then again, he'd
    fit in alongside traditional Republicans like Goldwater, rather than the nuts spouting insanity over on CNN & FOX debates.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably like Jon Huntsman the most out of these guys, never heard of Gary Johnson before, Rick Santorum I'm not a fan of what little I know about him. Michelle Bachmann, as batshit insane as she is I feel kind of sorry for her, Newt seems pretty well informed, but almost too astute of a politician to me, and then the trifecta of Romney, Cain, and Perry drive me up the fucking wall. Oh, Ron Paul is likable, but I don't know his specific policy stances to know whether I'd vote for the old guy. I'm pretty much alright with Ashton's typings, minus all the D's and the C's which I know nothing about.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sam why do you care about whether he fits as republican or democrat when you should be more concerned about how effective his policies will be

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    sam why do you care about whether he fits as republican or democrat when you should be more concerned about how effective his policies will be
    I don't care about which party he fits in. I do care about the effects of his policies.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't typed people in a while, and my typings at the top were pretty off-the-cuff and shitty.

As for the DCNH stuff, I just decided to give it a whirl. Gulenko's stuff tends to be thought-provoking at the very least, as he tends to look for cross-cutting concerns in types. Erotic Attitudes were big on the boards when I first got into Socionics years ago. While I've been away, Cognitive Styles seem to have come into focus for some around here. I have some real problems with DCNH, but I don't think it's totally useless, so I figure trying it out can't be that bad if you can access to sufficiently many grains of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Hi Riddy.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    • Michelle Bachman - Ti-ISTj. Beta as fuck. Probably 1w2.
    • Herman Cain - Seems extremely Te to me. I lean Te-ESTj, but ENTj could be possible. His wife looks INFj.
    • Newt Gingrich - Ti-ESTp. I suppose if we were doing DCNH, N-ESTp would make sense, too. 7w8. He's probably the best for beating Obumo.
    • John Hunstman - Some INFx? I haven't paid a lot of attention to him. Can't see ENFj, but seems NF for sure.
    • Ron Paul - Yeah, INTp to the max. 5w6? Austrian Econ FTW.
    • Rick Perry - C-ESTj works. 9w8 probably.
    • Mitt Romney - D-ESTj is good. He also seems like a huge 3w2.
    • Rick Santorum - Dunno, can't type him for some reason. He seems pretty repulsive as a person, can't stand him and I hate his fixation on family values and shit.
    • Gary Johnson - I remember seeing an interview of him and thinking he might be ENTp. Sucks that he isn't getting more coverage because he's a solid Libertarian candidate along with Ron Paul.
    I looked at some of these folks closer finally. Pretty much agree.

• Cain - I really read him wrong. I basically didn't pay attention to him because I thought he wasn't a serious candidate, even though I dig his hats. Not really sure on ESTj vs ENTj but I was way off with ENTp. Etype on him? 7 or 8? His wife looks really Fi-INFj. He once said that Jesus Christ was the "perfect conservative." Is there some twisted Te logic in there or is that just bad pandering to social conservatives?
    • Huntsman - I lean strongly towards Beta on him. INFp seems reasonable.
    • Perry - I could see 9w8...I thought 8w9 for a spell but he doesn't seem to ever project himself like an 8. Also lol @ inarticulate rich good-ol' boy Republican governors of Texas.
    • Romney - E3 makes a ton of sense. Everything about him seems so well calculated to seem successful and competent, and it's so transparent. It's why no one really gets excited about him.
    • Santorum - I feel pretty confident about Te-ISTp. I think Santorum disgusts a lot of people too, but it of course has nothing to do with his type.
    • Johnson - Ti-ENTp. Doesn't get more coverage because Ron Paul gets all the attention the media is willing to give to mild-mannered libertarians.

I actually doubt that any of these candidates could beat Obama, even considering a fairly widespread dissatisfaction with Obama. Maybe Romney or Gingrich could do it, but both have major problems.

Middle America seems to just write off Mitt the Milquetoast Moderate Mormon from Massachusetts as little more than an establishment populist, and no one seems to really trust the guy. He doesn't take any risks, and always comes across as an appeaser. It's hard to get excited about a philosophically void narcissist. Gingrich is a narcissist too, but he doesn't try to hide it very much, and I think that gives him a bit of an edge. His abrasiveness and smart-guy image will probably help him too. But he has had a tendency to self-destruct a lot, so you never know. I don't particularly like either one myself, but of the electable candidates, Gingrich seems the most likely to get spending under control. I don't expect anyone except Johnson or Paul to address real economic problems in a meaningful way though, and since those guys aren't gonna win, we'll just kick the can on down the road again.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

riddY!!
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aLLie!~

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you have to be narcissistic to be a politician though. Even people I agree with on the big issues, I couldn't picture myself trying to 'date them' or getting to know their heart.

I don't know I get tired of the narcissist debate. What is the alternative? Being an empathetic wimp that just gets shitted on because they're so passive and big hearted and everybody tries to control and be condescending to them and using them.

Can't the socionics community in general take a middle of the road approach to this.

=p

(nothing against u j riddy I just see 'narcissism' being talked about so frequently here.)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Romney: LIE
    Perry: ESI?
    Paul: SLI
    Gingrich: SEE?
    Bachmann: LSE

the current Republican party is very Te-Fi oriented imo.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they're all horrible people!

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cain is out. Everyone vote for Paul!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Cain is out. Everyone vote for Paul!
    I would if I could, but he won't get the nomination nor am I capable of nominating him in the first place.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the mechanics for getting a nomination?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    What are the mechanics for getting a nomination?
    Democracy.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Democracy.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present: The joke of the century! *standing ovations*
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

•Michelle Bachman - Gamma SEE, reason: She is a syllogistic thinker + she is a gamma. SEE have intense stares...
    •Herman Cain - Gamma LIE, reason: He is a torrential thinker + he is a gamma. LIE like to brainstorm but hate to speculate...
    •Newt Gingrich - Gamma ILI, reason: He is a dialectical thinker + he is gamma. Fe PoLR - everybody who knows him thinks he is an asshole.
    •Ron Paul - Alpha LII, reason: he is a panoramic thinker (believes any given slice of life reflects the whole, thus any given circumstance reflects the whole of austrian econ) + he is Alpha

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible typings, Saberstorm. Back to jedi socionics school, you must return. Much to learn, you still have.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Democracy.
    I kinda knew that there was gonna be a smartass comment...

But really. Who gets to decide it? I don't know if the old power structures want Ron Paul as candidate. If he would rise in power and fulfill his promises, it would be an overthrow.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I kinda knew that Ashton would be able to give me clarity.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, primary election outcomes get largely decided by networks of big money donors, endorsements from public figures with political clout, and the media. Put all of this together, and it's why Americans tend to end up with bland, homogenous, centrist candidates who bear little essential difference from one other whether Republican or Democrat.
    The exact mechanics might be different, but the result is the same in Germany and all other european countries.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kind of the crux of why I think democracy is awful.
    Agreed, at least concerning this form of "democracy".
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast