Thread: Thread Split from The 16 Types Adventures: The Other Side of the Socion

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thread Split from The 16 Types Adventures: The Other Side of the Socion

lame

Change the name, don't steal from Sam, it's lame and confusing
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

B&D suggested I do my own and has no problem with it so long as he gets credit for the original.

I could make you a bad-guy, Gilly. Would you like that?
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 12-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-bg

you meant to type B&D, not BG...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

B&D suggested I do my own and has no problem with it so long as he gets credit for the original.
    I don't know I have mixed feelings on you doing this. (I had to see the 'live version in the flesh' before I had this opinion, naturally)

You are taking my idea about unlocking everybody's powers. Just make it more clear that it isn't an official adventures story in your first post or something. A lot of people seem to have enjoyed your first chapter though. But you're like mixing some of my original ideas, with ideas of your own.

You also took my idea about having a small graphic at the beginning of the thread, for the graphic of the book. I guess I don't mind. Being a copycat is cute, and more publicity for me.

Maybe change the title to 'Abbie's Adventures' or something? So it would feel less like you were just trying to troll me or something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's difficult for me to write about people I don't really have an emotional connection with. I mean, even if mine and Ashton's relationship is antagonistic, there's still feelings there. But with Abbie and the other deltas, as well as some other characters, its harder for me to write about them simply because their behavior feels kinda foreign to me.

So I guess, a story about what it's like for the other people that are adventurers, but aren't really in the story a lot, can be kinda fun. In my story I just usually have Vero and Dolphin say something, only because I feel close to them and have a knack of what they would say.

But I agree with Gilly, somewhat- change the title a bit so it can be clear it's a fan fiction version of the original.

Title name: Abbie's Adventures: The Other Side of the Socion.

description: A fan fiction story based on BulletsAndDoves/Sam's '16types adventures' saga. I am not the original author of the novels. I got permission from Sam that I could do this.'

and then under your picture: (Even though my picture looks prettier than Sam's, I also copied his idea of putting a small graphic at the beginning of the thread, to mimic the cover of a book.)

So you can troll me but still respect me, all at the same time. =p

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't know I have mixed feelings on you doing this. (I had to see the 'live version in the flesh' before I had this opinion, naturally)

You are taking my idea about unlocking everybody's powers. Just make it more clear that it isn't an official adventures story in your first post or something. A lot of people seem to have enjoyed your first chapter though. But you're like mixing some of my original ideas, with ideas of your own.

You also took my idea about having a small graphic at the beginning of the thread, for the graphic of the book. I guess I don't mind. Being a copycat is cute, and more publicity for me.

Maybe change the title to 'Abbie's Adventures' or something? So it would feel less like you were just trying to troll me or something.
    I used what you did as a template. Thought the picture would be a good place for a "not the real thing" disclaimer.

I think the name "Abbie's Adventures" is cheesy, but I'd be glad to remove the spaces from the title and would be open to mentioning you more in the first post.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the title is exclusive and envious, like half the socion was discluded and it's time they got their fair .. adventure

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BnD wants royalties.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the name "Abbie's Adventures" is cheesy, but I'd be glad to remove the spaces from the title and would be open to mentioning you more in the first post.
    Eh it's okay. I'm still too indifferent to care one way or the other. Besides, competition is natural and healthy. =p

Though at first glance, it is sort of... confusing? Maybe just a small comment that you got permission from the original author of the novels (me) to write the story. I also gave Dolphin permission awhile ago, if she wants to make her own adventures story.

Sometimes fan fiction of the original is better than the original, and sometimes it's not. Understandably, I just like to be in control here cause the adventures are my baby. But I'm also really glad when people write their own chapters and stuff.