Thread: Another lost soul cries out from wilderness

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another lost soul cries out from wilderness

Like many here, I've become enthralled with the concept of type but experience a dilemma as to where I belong in the whole framework. Here are some facts about myself which may shed some light:

-Although in reality I'm a loser, a lowly maggot wracked with pathetic failure, I fantasize constantly of barricading myself on the moon in some underground fortress with robot slaves and no people around that force me to do their bidding and be victimized by their plays for power, drama, and status. I crave solitude and enjoy fellowship with animals since I more easily feel companionship with them. The only aspect of myself that I know for certain is that I'm an introvert. The other three letters are hidden in smog. The tests ask me if I prefer order to chaos or love to justice and I just don't know - Which is perhaps why I've felt like a fear-stricken maggot being rooted out by a starving pig my whole life.

-I was a lazy, unmotivated student that dropped out of high school for being hopeless.
    The paradox is that I'm a ravenous reader that enjoys reading about science, politics, and
    pretty much everything else, but don't read a lot of fiction since I often just can't
    get into it.

-I love nature and being outside. I'll probably end up living like the unabomber in some
    shack out in the woods somewhere with no electricity or running water.

-I'm generally lazy and unmotivated in life and despised by people for my low
    socio-economic status and bad work ethic. My main motivation in life is just to be left
    alone since I see most of the striving in life as pointless and needlessly
    stressful. All I care about is having the general basics of survival. And yes, I know
    I'm a loser, no need to remind me of this fact. I hear about it constantly. I often
    wish I had been born into an ancient hunter-gatherer tribe instead.

-I'm not a huge fan of unfettered capitalism since it mostly caters to greedy pigfaces
    and slave drivers who lack any kind of concern for the welfare of society and nature
    as a whole.

-I would describe myself as philosophically being an anarchist although I know it wouldn't
    work in reality because of all of the domineering assholes out there who would turn life
    into constant bloodshed. I pretty much despise political authority, I see them all as
    self-serving jackasses who really don't care about the society they pretend to serve.

-I've only had two girlfriends in life, both of which I stopped seeing suddenly without
    officially breaking up with them and they both told me I was a neglectful piece of shit
    that sucked as a boyfriend once they tracked me down. Even though I've often wished I
    was good at romance and could hold a meaningful relationship together, the reality is that
    I just suck at it and don't show affection very well.

-I'm not at all spiritual or religious, and I believe life to be accidental and pointless.
    However I feel no animosity toward spiritual people unless they use their religion to
    enslave others. Oddly enough I tend to feel attracted to people who feel that life has a
    higher purpose even though I do not believe that way myself.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what type you are but what you have written sounds oddly fascinating. Stay and keep writing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like an IEI. An Ip at any rate. That would be my guess based on your initial post.

Anyway, welcome.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I often wish I had been born into an ancient hunter-gatherer tribe instead.
    You were some time ago. We all were.

I would describe myself as philosophically being an anarchist
    Cough, cough. Try communalist if you want to, actually, be true to hunter gatherer image.

I'm not at all spiritual or religious, and I believe life to be accidental and pointless.
    I'm afraid it isn't.

As for your type, I don't know yet, post more in pointless and accidental threads like this one.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-26-2011 at 09:12 PM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp? It seems like it.

Cool username in any case. Welcome.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ISTp? It seems like it.
    Goodie. We're at war. Need stormtroopers.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some facts about myself:.
    I'm a loser, a lowly maggot wracked with pathetic failure.
    PLEASE...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what your type is. If you fit the stereotypes my best guess would be some sort of Ip. You don't sound like a loser imo. You just sound like you are doing what you like and its not what society at large says you should be doing. You're not a loser if you are really doing what you love and not hurting anyone else.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's unanimous, Ip.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is clearly your Point of Least Resistance. You are either Gamma-INTp or more likely Delta-IStp - I vote against Beta-INFp because they are Postivist, (they remember the good times in life) and they are tend to sense emotional impressions from the enviroment - which often leads them to having a strong spiritual life.

#1 Delta-ISTp

#2 Gamma-INTp

#3 ???

OH, and I forgot. Welcome. Lots of for you here!!!!
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 11-27-2011 at 01:35 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    You're not a loser if you are really doing what you love and not hurting anyone else.
    One heck of a feel-good bullshit statement. What if I say that I really love to do drugs, fuck around unemployed and live with my mom.
    The OP seems to be pretty sure about his loserdom, don't try to take it away from him as you don't know him.

I would describe myself as philosophically being an anarchist although I know it wouldn't
    work in reality because of all of the domineering assholes out there who would turn life
    into constant bloodshed.
    I believe you'll find this to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Moore
    It furthermore occurred to me that, basically, anarchy is in fact the only political position that is actually possible. I believe that all other political states are in fact variations or outgrowths of a basic state of anarchy; after all, when you mention the idea of anarchy to most people they will tell you what a bad idea it is because the biggest gang would just take over. Which is pretty much how I see contemporary society. We live in a badly developed anarchist situation in which the biggest gang has taken over and have declared that it is not an anarchist situation—that it is a capitalist or a communist situation. But I tend to think that anarchy is the most natural form of politics for a human being to actually practice. All it means, the word, is no leaders. An-archon. No leaders.
    -I'm not at all spiritual or religious, and I believe life to be accidental and pointless.
    However I feel no animosity toward spiritual people unless they use their religion to
    enslave others. Oddly enough I tend to feel attracted to people who feel that life has a
    higher purpose even though I do not believe that way myself.
    Nihilism ain't great. Beliefs are tools when you get the jist of it. If you believe you'll live in world with purpose, you'll find meaning in life. Haven't still found my spirituality so I'm in the same crappy boat with you.

You sound like a stereotypical INTp. Kinda like the asshole-version of Daria. You seem likable.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    One heck of a feel-good bullshit statement. What if I say that I really love to do drugs, fuck around unemployed and live with my mom.
    The OP seems to be pretty sure about his loserdom, don't try to take it away from him as you don't know him.
    The sentiment that I was trying to express is that you are only a loser if you accept that label and believe it yourself. The part about doing what you love was more applied to his particular situation and not the general whole of people. He didn't say he was a druggie and draining the resources of his family. He expressed that he wants to go live out in nature and read. There's nothing wrong with that and it doesn't make someone a loser to want that. Although it's not entirely clear if he's not happy with his life now because he thinks he should be more motivated or other people tell him how he should live.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, Ip temperament it is, you say you are introverted yet all this stuf you describe seems to point to irrationality, so Ip it probably is...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-I love nature and being outside. I'll probably end up living like the unabomber in some
    shack out in the woods somewhere with no electricity or running water.
    -I'm not a huge fan of unfettered capitalism since it mostly caters to greedy pigfaces
    and slave drivers who lack any kind of concern for the welfare of society and nature
    as a whole.
    a lazy LSE
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-28-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of myself except you are religiously naive, but then you're even redeemed on that point with the respect for nature.. I'll go with INFp for now, that or ISFp