Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57

Thread: Massive Type-Me Thread

  1. #1
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Massive Type-Me Thread

    Okay this is a lot, but if anything isn't covered that you want to know, feel free to ask. I hear I'm pretty easy to type, but some people seem to think IEE over ILE so I threw this together in hopes of getting 'whys' and 'hows' from sources other than just my video.

    Questions
    Pick 5 words or short phrases (or as many as you want, but no less than 5) to describe yourself, and explain.
    -I am quick. I am quick-witted and sarcastic, but also a quick learner. I don’t always remember things spatially unless I read them (I have an atrocious memory for my surroundings), but once I decide to learn it, I pick up on it very quickly and can retrieve it years later if need be. Unfortunately, I also tend to speed through things. I speed through work cutting corners if it doesn’t matter to me, and I quickly lose interest in something once I feel that I know enough of it or just get bored with where I am in it. I also enjoy and am good at problem-solving and puzzles. Usually if I don’t do well in them, it’s because I skipped over something obvious instead of just not being capable of that sort of thinking.

    -Engaging. If I’m in a new group of people, I am usually cracking jokes (generally at my own expense, but I won’t say everyone gets away unscathed ). I don’t mind taking charge and motivating people. I’m an optimist, and I think that people generally get more work done when we have fun working together. I’m definitely a class clown, which probably helps to encourage the “fun” atmosphere. It also leads people to underestimate me, though. I usually have a few random facts or props stored in a pocket for when I go out.

    -Independent. I have my own life and interests. I don’t need anyone else to do something. I am female, yet I manage to go to the bathroom without a pack. I don’t rely on other people or tell them my problems, and prefer to figure it out by myself. I got a great opportunity to study out-of-country and now I’m 4,000mi away from anyone I’m close to. I go to the movies by myself, I think I’m awesome, and, though I like to talk to people, don’t always need to be in constant contact with them. In fact, I’d probably prefer NOT to have to talk to people all the time. Extroverted or not, I definitely need my space to think.

    -Straightforward. I am what I am and that is that. I’m very WYSIWYG. I don’t have any deep-dark secrets or hidden motivations, and I’m willing to talk to almost everyone about everything. I don’t bring it up, but if asked, I will generally answer and talk to them about my past, no matter how sordid. Even if I did some shameful things in the past, they’ve made me who I am. I also can be very blunt and straight to the point. I don’t like mincing words to save people’s feelings (that and I’m a terrible judge at telling when a “line” has been crossed in regards to emotions, especially when joking) when I can just be direct and get it done faster. Which you probably can’t tell judging from how wordy I’m being in this questionnaire. And my video.

    -Knowledgeable-
    I know a lot of things. Once I learn something, I know it for a very long while. I’m also good at taking what I know and extrapolating on it. If someone asks something, I might not know the exact answer, but I can take what I DO know and somehow piece together bits and pieces to make a reasonable guess that more often than not turns out to be correct.

    Now pick the direct opposite of those and explain how you could be the opposite, and what could be good about it.

    -The opposite of quick is slow. I can be slow when I don’t want to do something. I hate feeling boxed in or like I’m being constrained by obligation in any way, spoken or unspoken. I can be slow at making decisions, because I generally don’t care what we do as long as it’s fun/exciting/novel.

    -The opposite of engaging is disconnected. Which I can also be a lot. I can be incredibly superficially charming, but sometimes I just float off into my own little world for a little while or say something that seems utterly non-sequitur to those around me. Sometimes, I also get tired of talking and need to retreat a bit. And a lot of time I come off as scatterbrained, too, and that could be related to ‘disconnected’. Also, if I’m in a one-on-one situation, I’m totally different. I can entertain a group, but if it’s just me and someone else, I’m a completely different person. Very awkward, always saying the wrong things, nervous, etc. I need multiple points of data to play off of and engage the crowd, I guess.

    -The opposite is dependent. I guess I’m financially dependent? I owe the government my life in loans. Hmm. And I always need new things to learn/think about, so I’m dependent on outside sources for that (yay internet?) I can spend hours laying around thinking about something new and how it all pieces together, but once I feel that I know it thoroughly, I need something else.

    -The opposite of straightforward is roundabout. If I am lying about something (which happens on occasion.,) I’m good at picking words in such a way that I don’t outright lie. Not because I have any qualms about it, but I know it’s easier to stick as close to the truth as possible. And if it comes up, I can just tell I never lied, which is true, so it’s a way of covering my bases. Also, if someone asks me something that I’m not comfortable about doing/answering, I can be very roundabout in how I answer. I can talk circles around something to the point that the inquirer doesn’t even realize I didn’t answer.

    -The opposite of knowledgeable is ignorant. Ignorance is just not knowing something, and there is a lot out there that I don’t know. I’m working on changing that, but more and more keeps developing. Plus, some things I’m just not very interested in and don’t explore, so I remain ignorant of those. I have little-to-no interest in the workings of electronics, for instance, but how we see and categorize color in languages across cultures....mmmpfff. Sorry, I got a little excited for a minute.
    I’m also pretty ignorant at how people feel a lot of the time. I can’t tell the emotional states of people unless...well, generally unless they tell me. If someones crying, I can probably guess that they’re upset, but anything other than that I have no idea. I’d much rather just have someone tell me their state so I can adjust accordingly.

    3) What are your interests? Why?
    This week? It switches up a lot. I guess an over-arching interest is why people behave the way they behave, which encompasses everything from cultural motivations to behavioral genetics. I also like looking at bones and archaeology (or at least one would hope I’m interested in it, since that’s what I’m studying.) The “why” is probably just because we are unique to this planet and it’s fascinating that we’re capable of such amazing things, but also terrible, nonsensical things at the same time. And I’m supposedly a part of this group.

    What do you want out of life?
    Variety. I’d like to be able to do a lot of different things, even if I don’t make an impact on the world with any of them. I don’t really think anyone really changes things, so as long as I’m happy and enjoying myself, that’s a life best fulfilled.

    What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?

    See, here’s that ridiculous question. I also can’t do a menial office job. :\ I’ve tried, and that would jeopardize my survival in the most literal sense. And I can’t be chained down to anything/anyone. I just wanna be free, baby! I also have trouble opening up to people emotionally. Everything with me probably comes off as shallow on the surface because it takes a long time and I have to be approached in just the right way for anyone to know how I really feel about something. It’s something I’m trying to get over, but I really think it just leads me to talk about emotions in a sciencey way instead of an emotional one and just sounds really fake.

    What do you like in other people? Why?
    Excitement/passion about something. It doesn’t matter what, but I really enjoy listening to people teach me about something they love. Oh, and they have to be able to deal with political incorrectness and able to handle being the butt of a joke. I show affection by making fun of people.

    What do you dislike in other people? Why?
    I dislike people who are satisfied with the mediocre and have no ambition in life. It’s fine if you’re just doing something so that you can get a job because that counts as a goal. But I hate people who are content with not going anywhere.

    What would your ideal partner be like?
    Someone who can give me feedback on ideas. Only about 1-in-6 of my ideas are actually good and plausible, but I can’t tell which one is the good one when I get on a roll. Someone grounding. They have to be able to listen to me rant and go off on a monologue of “what if” and “what could be” but then just make me stop when I get too wound up. Someone to remind me that I need to shower or sleep when I’ve been up for days because I really, really want to draw pictures for every bone and landmark in the human body, but also just brings me some pizza when I need a break from this. Someone who encourages me to be open emotionally, specifically by being patient. It takes me a while to find words, but the right environment and encourage that. It generally helps if they’re open as well; that’s something I really respect in other people because it’s the hardest thing for me to do, but some people do it with such ease. And someone who understands, or at least tries to understand, my abstractions in the way I think. Oh, and I would love it if they could teach me something about anything. I’m specifically enamored with people who are artists and/or can make things with their hands, even if it’s just like changing a tire. Age and appearance mean next to nothing.

    Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?
    This is one of those questions that I feel like I need to expand on, but there aren’t really any words other than “no”. I enjoy some things, but I don’t “focus finely” on any physical sensation at all. I have to force myself to “be in the moment” because my mind always feels like it’s three steps ahead. And not in the psychic Ni way, but a scattered, disorganized way.

    Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?
    -Yes, I do neglect my body. I have oftentimes forgotten to eat or sleep because I’d be so wrapped up in something and not realize it til I pass out or double-over in hunger pain.
    -I appreciate non-verbal encouragement to slow down. I don’t like having someone just tell me that I need to stop and go do something or go to bed or eat (I’m guessing it’s back to the control issues), but if they’re just bringing me a sandwich or putting a blanket over me so I realize I’m tired, then I accept and appreciate it. Otherwise, I could stay up for days. And I have. But I got a lot done.

    11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -I focus more on the end goal. As in, I think more about it. Oftentimes, I’ll think about it so much that I keep adding things to make it MORE AWESOME without realizing how much work that actually entails and then run out of steam before I’m almost completes. And I only focus on what I need to achieve my goals, though usually more sloppy than thorough. I’m not very detail-oriented, and appreciate it when other people don’t get so bogged down in the details that they can’t get the general point across.

    Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -I think both apply to me? I am always chasing after new ideas and possibilities. I dream about them and then flesh out plans on how to get there, though I would never call them “fully” fleshed out. For instance, if I’m planning a trip, I’ll plan how I’m getting there and (sometimes) where I’m staying and I’ll have a few ideas of what I want to do when I get there, but any more in-depth planning would really ruin the fun of it.

    Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -How they relate to each other. I like having two ideas or theories and then comparing and contrasting to see how they each affect things differently and the implications of each to, ideally, determine which is better. Or how to combine them so that there is an even better theory that explains everything. I hate it when people insist on using a theory even though there are inconsistencies. “It works in this context but applying it to this one doesn’t work...” just stfu. It’s not a universal theory in that case. Sorry, it’s a sore issue. But um, definitely how concepts relate to one another.

    Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?
    This is a hard question. I come up with all possibilities possible, then figure out which one is more likely and go with that when faced with a problem. If I’m making a plan or something, however, I have my end goal in mind and come up with all the ways that it could go wrong, and then plan how to make them get back on par for the course.

    15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?
    If I don’t have an opinion, I can be indecisive because I genuinely don’t care. But first I analyze everything and decide which one is the best logically and go with that. I start off by narrowing it down to what is Obviously Not Likely if nothing immediately jumps out at me and go from there.

    16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?

    The latter. I like to try new things, but I’m careful about the risks. I’m not going to just jump into something when there is a 50% chance of failure. Unless there is a 50% chance I get $100,000,000,000,000 and then the other 50% is having my hair cut a few inches.

    17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

    I’m very much assertive. I don’t seem to be, but if shit needs to get done, I have no problem being the one to get it done, especially if it’s important (ie, the wellbeing of a friend is at stake.) I’m generally not aggressive, and even when people are aggressive to me, I tend to be more stable/assertive. I don’t really like when other people are aggressive, and I’m iffy on the assertiveness. There is such thing as too much and sometimes when other people are assertive, it just leads to us butting heads, but I don’t like it when others are passive and roll over on their backs at every turn, either.

    Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?
    I tend towards restless and fidgety. I can sit still and nap, but as for just sitting around...I really can’t. I’m always doing multiple things at the same time, even if it’s just watching TV and being on the computer, or reading a book while I’m smoking. If I’m stuck having to do only one thing, I do get fidgety.

    Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?

    I like generalities. Too many details and it gets tedious and boring. Give me a few things and let me get a general idea on how to use it and apply it as I see fit. The more efficient something is, the better.

    20) Are you a practical person in general? Elaborate.

    -It....depends. I think I’m practical, but I’m often told that I’m not. I tend to bite off more than I can chew with things and then fizzle out halfway through.

    21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?
    
I get passionate about certain things in short bursts. Unfortunately it’ll burn fast and quick and then just burn out and I’ll find something new. I’m good at holding an audience and being charming and making people like me, but I wouldn’t say I’m over dramatic or prone to drama in the least. I wouldn’t mind someone who was excited about different topics, but I would prefer them to be able to teach me. As for the being charming and likable, I feel like that’s competition, really. As for other people+drama...I don’t mind listening to it so long as I’m not in the middle of it. I think it’s more of the “why people do what they do” interest that I have.

    22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?
    No, I’m not aware of when I’m stepping on toes or offending some one. As for when I’m not liked, I have no idea, which makes the weird “we’re acquaintances but not friends yet” phase a real pain for me. I have to be directly told “Hey, I like to hang out with you. Let’s go do something. It sounds like a lot of fun.” I tend to just assume that people don’t really like me unless they tell me otherwise. It makes it easier in the long run.

    23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?
    I’m bad at changing who I am to fit circumstances, so I do tend to “go to far” or step on toes. I try to understand that people react differently to different things, but mainly I can’t help but think that they really shouldn’t be so sensitive. I usually try to make sure everyone gets along and I crack jokes and make sure everyone is happy, but if I make a joke and someone is offended, I won’t apologize. If it’s a situation where I have to apologize, I twist it around and say that I’m sorry they were offended, but I won’t be sorry that they took a joke in an insulting way. Basically, I hate apologizing. Especially when people are being unreasonable about something.

    24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?
    Yes? Maybe? I’m not quite sure what this question is asking.



    Pictures
    Not a lot of candid photos, I apologize, but hopefully here is a range:
    On the left; brown coat
    Fedora
    My natural environment
    On the right
    Most recent
    Archaeologist at work
    7
    8
    9
    10

    Video
    Last edited by bg; 11-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.

  2. #2
    under the bridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All this info leads me to think ENTp; Ne-ILE is my personal opinion.

    Where did you get this form, by the way? Did I miss seeing it here?

  3. #3
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by under the bridge View Post
    All this info leads me to think ENTp; Ne-ILE is my personal opinion.

    Where did you get this form, by the way? Did I miss seeing it here?
    I janked it off of PersonalityNation

  4. #4

    Default

    You sound scattered. Thoughts seem to run all over the place - in a cool way, though, haha.
    I'd agree with ILE.

  5. #5
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Never mind ILE...watched the video, IEE it is.

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    You sound scattered. Thoughts seem to run all over the place - in a cool way, though, haha.
    I'd agree with ILE.
    Both Ne ego types are scattered one is scattered AFTER their internal structure of what will play out doesn't and then they give up and become scattered; watch this video shot by an ILE and how she plans to go to the chocolate store, and assumes things will play out in her mind, but when she's forgotten to take her money, is resorted back to just doing, whatever she can to finish off her video, hoping that ideas will come to her, but they don't so she ends the rest of the video in mumbo.


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Both Ne ego types are scattered one is scattered AFTER their internal structure of what will play out doesn't and then they give up and become scattered; watch this video shot by an ILE and how she plans to go to the chocolate store, and assumes things will play out in her mind, but when she's forgotten to take her money, is resorted back to just doing, whatever she can to finish off her video, hoping that ideas will come to her, but they don't so she ends the rest of the video in mumbo.

    So you're saying ILEs are scattered when things don't work out the way they planned? Just clarifying, since I found what you wrote a bit difficult to read. How are IEEs, then?

    I personally don't find any reason to doubt her description of herself (like the idea of not being aware of emotional boundaries and when a line has been crossed as well as straightforwardness/bluntness), so wouldn't ILE make more sense?

  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    So you're saying ILEs are scattered when things don't work out the way they planned? Just clarifying, since I found what you wrote a bit difficult to read. How are IEEs, then?

    I personally don't find any reason to doubt her description of herself (like the idea of not being aware of emotional boundaries and when a line has been crossed as well as straightforwardness/bluntness), so wouldn't ILE make more sense?
    Watch her video and you'll see what I'm comparing the above to.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Watch her video and you'll see what I'm comparing the above to.
    Right, I watched the video; certainly different "energies." She leaves the end of the video very open-ended and spontaneous. I do agree with that.

    How, though, would you personally define how IEE goes about scattered-ness? That's what I want to know so I can clearly see your perspective.

  10. #10
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    could you make that video *longer* ? lol. i see no prob. w/entp tbh, although i didn't read your *essay* and skipped through most of the video
    I can try to do part two of the video! That was only half.

    I do wish that more people would skim the essay though. I think it's a lot more descriptive of what I think/feel/react to things, whereas the video is just me trying to be entertaining and maybe say a few things here and there.

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    Right, I watched the video; certainly different "energies." She leaves the end of the video very open-ended and spontaneous. I do agree with that.

    How, though, would you personally define how IEE goes about scattered-ness? That's what I want to know so I can clearly see your perspective.

    Devaluing Ti; a consistent picture of what to do before proceeding. This is why from the very onset, there was no direction to her video.

    Lack of mental consistency from the onset.

    Subjectively interpreting a circumstance, not the best way to do it but the best way to do it for me (the I - that goes by subjective feeling as opposed to subjective thought that is less about feeling but how/what order things should be done -a mental consistency). Like if they go to a parking lot, try to park where there's not one on either side, out of comfort, rather than a closer spot. In this video I interpret that there would have been a more "convenient" option, like the ILE video even though the ILE's plans did not go her way because she forgot her money in at her home. Fox didn't choose the most convenient way, rather just talked herself into a video but eventually, she got something down where she was able to express facts and details about herself.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    Right, I watched the video; certainly different "energies." She leaves the end of the video very open-ended and spontaneous. I do agree with that.

    How, though, would you personally define how IEE goes about scattered-ness? That's what I want to know so I can clearly see your perspective.
    Are you LSI type? Because the first comparison you see between her video and the one of the ILE is "energies." And I say this because an observation of energy is rooted somewhat in sensation.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Devaluing Ti; a consistent picture of what to do before proceeding. This is why from the very onset, there was no direction to her video.

    Lack of mental consistency from the onset.

    Subjectively interpreting a circumstance, not the best way to do it but the best way to do it for me (the I - that goes by subjective feeling as opposed to subjective thought that is less about feeling but how/what order things should be done -a mental consistency). Like if they go to a parking lot, try to park where there's not one on either side, out of comfort, rather than a closer spot. In this video I interpret that there would have been a more "convenient" option, like the ILE video even though the ILE's plans did not go her way because she forgot her money in at her home. Fox didn't choose the most convenient way, rather just talked herself into a video but eventually, she got something down where she was able to express facts and details about herself.
    Okay, that clarifies things. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Are you LSI type? Because the first comparison you see between her video and the one of the ILE is "energies." And I say this because an observation of energy is rooted somewhat in sensation.
    Nope, I've never considered it. I think energies could be taken to mean a number of things, though, depending on the context. I don't really identify with LSI, though.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    Okay, that clarifies things. Thanks

    Nope, I've never considered it. I think energies could be taken to mean a number of things, though, depending on the context. I don't really identify with LSI, though.
    LSE?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    LSE?
    Hmm, nope. Can't say I've really thought about it, but I don't see it, really.

  16. #16
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    fox is it creepy if i say that i keep coming back to this thread to look at your pics cause they make me happy? (I promise no jacking off!)

  17. #17
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am getting a dose of SLI. I think that she is more dour, and a bit more earthy off camera. I think the focal point of her actions would be a sense of the placement of objects into their most useful configuration. Her mind is active, but that does not mean that she is an Ne type. Suggestive Ne could be masking a dominate Si.

  18. #18
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Picture #7 is really cool, not everyones hair colour matches their clothes.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  19. #19
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat View Post
    fox is it creepy if i say that i keep coming back to this thread to look at your pics cause they make me happy? (I promise no jacking off!)
    Not at all, I encourage it! The jacking off, not being happy. *scowl*

    Quote Originally Posted by saberstorm
    I am getting a dose of SLI. I think that she is more dour, and a bit more earthy off camera. I think the focal point of her actions would be a sense of the placement of objects into their most useful configuration. Her mind is active, but that does not mean that she is an Ne type. Suggestive Ne could be masking a dominate Si.
    SLI? O_o That's a first for sure. I appreciate you explaining the why portion though. However, I am very much not a dour person. Less....extreme than the video, by any means, but not dour. Quite cheery, in fact. And earthy is a big no. I'm very scattered and airy and never really....on the ground? I'm always stuck in my head trying to figure something out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer
    Picture #7 is really cool, not everyones hair colour matches their clothes.
    I do so miss the blue hair. Every once and a while I'll get bored and consider dying it again, but just can't bring myself to go through the trouble.

  20. #20
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Not at all, I encourage it! The jacking off, not being happy. *scowl*
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  21. #21
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I am getting a dose of SLI.
    ILE / SLI eh?

    You could be imagining things, it could be unrelated, however she is seen as ILE and you suggested SLI. More evidence for :http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...855#post826855

    SLI / ILE / IEI / SEE / SLI
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  22. #22
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well you sure talk about yourself like an E7 and Ne-ENXp. Not sure how much of that is you simply thinking about yourself within the confines of the system as you understand it, it's easy for someone to justify a typing after the fact. Your pics have me thinking ENXp of some sort. I'll check out your video in a little bit.

    EDIT: alright you seem to talk about yourself like that pretty naturally. Still not set on either ENFp or ENTp, but definitely something 7ey. In either case I'd hang with you.
    Last edited by Galen; 11-22-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  23. #23
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see Ne/Si and Te/Fi in what order I cannot say, perhaps ENFp, rather than ISTp.

  24. #24
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    OP,is it possible to be put into contact with someone who dislikes you, yet you get to meet on a daily basis? I'd like to ask him/her to punch you.
    Let me give a quick run through my address book and get back to you! Unfortunately, I just moved so there aren't a lot of people around who actively like nor dislike me, so that might be difficult. And I don't go out a lot, so some days I don't see anyone. :\ I'm headed back home for christmas in a few weeks though? I can think of a few people who would consider your proposition a delightful holiday present.

    (ps, why do those answers make me deserving of a punch?)

  25. #25
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Not at all, I encourage it! The jacking off, not being happy. *scowl*

    /me starts fapping

  26. #26
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    k decided to rewatch your video and actually listen to the words you say. Ne-ENTp seems like a reasonable typing for you. I can't imagine an Fi-type responding well to "X just happened, that must make you feel agjnfdaga," or classifying people in order to cognitively understand how to relate to them. VI-wise I'd say you bear resemblance to Julia Roberts in a way.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  27. #27
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen
    VI-wise I'd say you bear resemblance to Julia Roberts in a way.
    I think it's the smile, but I've had a few people tell me that. Better than Sarah Jessica Parker, I guess

    And thanks for listening to what I said instead of just looking at behavior or how I said it!

  28. #28
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, I by the way, cannot hear what she says. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps as an 0341 infantry mortar man, I then worked in a factory that made firetrucks, I also listened to too much music. I have screwed up hearing. I can hear the chocolate girl, she has much better audio. I need a hearing aid. (and I am still pretty young!)

    Okay Edit: I turned off all background noise, turned up the volume. I am listening now...

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    What ideas do you find yourself fitting or placing into systems?

    Do you have difficulty finding words for your thoughts/feelings?

  30. #30
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What ideas do you find yourself fitting or placing into systems?
    I think this is another badly worded question (either that or I just don't relate to a lot of what you say), but ideas on everything fit into systems somehow, wouldn't you say. I'm always coming up with different ideas on the whosits and the whys people do things or I'll wonder why it rains more at night than during the day and come up with an explanation that I think makes sense with what I know, then try to confirm it.

    Another big one would be what I learn in school. I just did an article review where I had to take a professionally published article and critique it without using outside sources. This mean taking apart all the little details and pointing out what was inconsistent about it. Which was actually a lot more fun than I expected. I may have been too harsh on it, but really it was very sloppily done.

    Do you have difficulty finding words for your thoughts/feelings?
    Feelings definitely. That's why (as addressed in my video) it's better if I'm coaxed into explaining how I feel instead of just asked. "Hey, FoxOnStilts, how did this make you feel?" wouldn't work. I need someone who can say, "Hey FoxOnStilts, I bet this made you feel xyz" and then I can confirm or deny and eplain.

    Thoughts I don't really have trouble with. I'm good at the making connections between them. My favorite bits are taking an incredibly complex, jargony subject and relating it to others in simple terms. I wouldn't mind teaching because I'm good at getting people excited about my subject and dumbing down the most complex parts. I really don't think you can say you *know* something unless you can explain it to someone who has absolutely no background in it and have them understand.

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, it is badly worded, because it's an abstract idea. Let me try again.

    Do you feel like you find ideas to optimize existing systems? Like broken or poorly functioning systems like school system, etc.

  32. #32
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Do you feel like you find ideas to optimize existing systems? Like broken or poorly functioning systems like school system, etc.
    No. I don't really work within a system, as it were. I find *my* way of doing something that works for me and I do it. If I have to, I can make it more streamlined, but not "efficient" in a way that would work for everyone and certainly not anything that could apply on a large scale. It's really just me being lazy and finding a way to get the most personal pay out from doing the least amount of work (because I am suuuper lazy). To use an analogy, it's like I make up my own shorthand that only I can read. It wouldn't work for everyone, maybe some people can do it, but in the long run its only real use is to make me get things done faster while other people have the same results going just a little bit longer.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Such a view, however, would be quite false; the truth is, her feelings are intensive rather than extensive. Whereas, for instance, an extensive feeling of sympathy can express itself in both word and deed at the right place, thus quickly ridding itself of its impression, an intensive sympathy, because shut off from every means of expression, gains a passionate depth that embraces the misery of a world and is simply benumbed. "

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

    That's why I type you Fi

  34. #34
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Really, how is that related at all to anything I said? I genuinely have no idea where you get these crazy interpretations of yours. I don't offer sympathy, I'm not sympathetic, and I certainly don't consider myself as embracing of misery. Is Chapter X even directly relevant to socionics? I would much prefer a socionics source from you considering how out-of-context chapter X is with the rest of Jung's work.

    Just to entertain you, however, you can't pick and choose a sentence to fit. You can type me as Fi if you wish, but all sources (including chapter X) describe Fi in a way that I really don't relate to at all. I'd pick an Fe type over the ridiculousness that is me being Fi ego. If you want, I'll go through chapter X for you and highlight what doesn't fit, but that would be a very bright passage. Additionally, nothing about being delta makes sense, I'm not Te-seeking, and every relationship I have with people fits very well with ILE.

    It would also be better if you could try and read what I wrote and pick out specific points that suggest Fi over...well, any other function. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad that you are typing me IEE, though, because I hear you never type anyone correctly, so I'm probably on the right path with ILE.

  35. #35
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    And, this is why I don't type you ENTp and instead ENFp:

    ENTp "the seeker": "The Seeker is critical towards everything created earlier. He looks for new ways and alternatives. Having analyzed the situation and finding its dubious aspects, he may provoke split in an organization and create his own group of adherents." they try to make new ideas and systems of those ideas.

    http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/dual-1p.html

    ENFp "the psychologist: "The Psychologist is just the kind of person who notices talents of the others, inspires them with belief in their capabilities, readily tells compliments. He notices even hidden capabilities and willingly encourages their development."

    I think ENFp fits you better

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Really, how is that related at all to anything I said? I don't offer sympathy, I'm not sympathetic, and I certainly don't consider myself as embracing of misery. Is Chapter X even directly relevant to socionics? I would much prefer a socionics source from you considering how out-of-context chapter X is with the rest of Jung's work.

    Just to entertain you, however, you can't pick and choose a sentence to fit. You can type me as Fi if you wish, but all sources (including chapter X) describe Fi in a way that I really don't relate to at all. I'd pick an Fe type over the ridiculousness that is me being Fi ego. If you want, I'll go through chapter X for you and highlight what doesn't fit, but that would be a very bright passage. Additionally, nothing about being delta makes sense, I'm not Te-seeking, and every relationship I have with people fits very well with ILE.

    It would also be better if you could try and read what I wrote and pick out specific points that suggest Fi over...well, any other function. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad that you are typing me IEE, though, because I hear you never type anyone correctly, so I'm probably on the right path with ILE.
    Fi doesn't offer sympathy. It's empathetic type;

    Your inability to relate what I wrote to what you said is weak Ti. Because Ti is a function that takes two documents, and eliminates contradictions and walks away with things that relate to one another.

    I have much better use of my Ti than you and I can take what you said and what I quoted and relate them to one another walking away with the essence and meaning of the two.

  37. #37
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    It's empathetic type;
    That's another point in my favor then. What on earth have I said that suggests I'm empathetic at all? I outright said that it's impossible for me to read peoples faces.

    edit- to clarify, reading emotions on faces is inherently empathetic; "I see them with this expression, I know what it's like to have something cause this expression on them; feeling empathy."

  38. #38
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you have difficulty finding words for your thoughts/feelings?


    Feelings definitely. That's why (as addressed in my video) it's better if I'm coaxed into explaining how I feel instead of just asked. "Hey, FoxOnStilts, how did this make you feel?" wouldn't work. I need someone who can say, "Hey FoxOnStilts, I bet this made you feel xyz" and then I can confirm or deny and eplain.

    Thoughts I don't really have trouble with. I'm good at the making connections between them. My favorite bits are taking an incredibly complex, jargony subject and relating it to others in simple terms. I wouldn't mind teaching because I'm good at getting people excited about my subject and dumbing down the most complex parts. I really don't think you can say you *know* something unless you can explain it to someone who has absolutely no background in it and have them understand.

    My quote asked you if you were weak in Fe, you said yes because someone who is strong in Fe has a good ability to express their emotions and feelings in words.

  39. #39
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think ENFp fits you better
    I think very not. I'm too impatient to play psychologist and I hate motivating people. And I'm terrible at giving compliments. I inspire people with beliefs of my capabilities and theirs when we're working to a common goal and it is beneficial to me to do so. It sounds selfish, but if I'm not getting anything out of it, I generally can't be bothered (I don't think anyone can, but that's another topic for debate).

  40. #40
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My quote asked you if you were weak in Fe, you said yes because someone who is strong in Fe has a good ability to express their emotions and feelings in words.
    I would really love to see some backup for this claim, because that goes against pretty much everything I've read/discussed about Fe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •