Thread: Confusedhelp

Default Confused..help

Hello, I'm also new here but hopefully someone/people can help me. It will be greatly appreciated.

I've been having trouble finding what type I am. I score more frequently as ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTJ, and INFJ. But less frequently as INTP, INFP, and ENFP. E and I are most confusing for me, because even though I tend to do a lot of thinking/analyzing or whatever, it's usually formulating a plan and then taking it to action. Here is a description of me:

-tendency to think too much and overanalyze everything while answering my own questions....overthinking is probably one reason I can't find my type.
    -Love to debate and argue
    -Get annoyed when people are doing innappropriate things...I was out with a friend and she had brought along two friends I didn't know for lunch. One of them started talking about how they were cheating on their girlfriend and sex and what not and I thought it was innapropriate of them to talk about such things in front of a complete stranger. So for the rest of the time I was offended.
    -Stuff like the above has gotten me the nickname "Miss Priss" by relatives
    -Under too much stress cannot make decisions (become indecisive and irrational)
    -do not like interpersonal conflicts.
    -prefer to lead and not have a co-leader. If I'm following, prefer people who know what they are doing.
    -Am big-pictured oriented, but also under stress tend to be overwhelmed by all the details.
    -Also, however, have a tendency to become too detailed-oriented after looking at the big-pictured and getting lost
    -When I am in "mental" mode (meaning when I'm under stress, solving problems, or just figuring things out in my head) my physical environment becomes messy.
    -Impatient and fussy
    -This goes with the tendency to answer my own questions. But I will talk or write for a long time and then ask a question and person will say I have answered it (or am close to it) already.
    -Indecisive
    -Avoid adrenaline rushes or surprises, causes physical pain
    -tendency not to trust authority, will follow the rules but will gripe about it
    -tendency to forget what I am saying in the middle of my speaking (I stink at impromptu speeches) or forget what others ask.
    -People always tell me I dress well. I say this because how I dress is not to impress people, but because I feel better when my closet is organized and I look coordinated. If there is one thing I am detailed about it's planning my wardrobe.
    -Tend to find flaws in people's arguments...I love this.
    -Like to experience new things...will sit at home all day one day, but MUST do something the next. I particularly like going grocery shopping and reading food labels... I will check and see which products have high fructose syrup and which don't or check sodium content and serving sizes. It's how I found out I eat over 500 calroies if I eat an entire box of Vanilla Wafers in one day (serving size is 8 cookies).

whoo! I hope that is enough, if not let me know....and thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, seems like an Introverted Rational (IxxJ).

Could possibally be (INTJ).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INTj and the stuff in bold is what I identified with, if that helps any

-tendency to think too much and overanalyze everything while answering my own questions....overthinking is probably one reason I can't find my type.
    -Love to debate and argue
    -Get annoyed when people are doing innappropriate things...I was out with a friend and she had brought along two friends I didn't know for lunch. One of them started talking about how they were cheating on their girlfriend and sex and what not and I thought it was innapropriate of them to talk about such things in front of a complete stranger. So for the rest of the time I was offended.
    -Stuff like the above has gotten me the nickname "Miss Priss" by relatives
    -Under too much stress cannot make decisions (become indecisive and irrational)
    -do not like interpersonal conflicts.
    -prefer to lead and not have a co-leader. If I'm following, prefer people who know what they are doing.
    -Am big-pictured oriented, but also under stress tend to be overwhelmed by all the details.
    -Also, however, have a tendency to become too detailed-oriented after looking at the big-pictured and getting lost
    -When I am in "mental" mode (meaning when I'm under stress, solving problems, or just figuring things out in my head) my physical environment becomes messy.
    -Impatient and fussy
    -This goes with the tendency to answer my own questions. But I will talk or write for a long time and then ask a question and person will say I have answered it (or am close to it) already. -Indecisive
    -Avoid adrenaline rushes or surprises, causes physical pain
    -tendency not to trust authority, will follow the rules but will gripe about it
    -tendency to forget what I am saying in the middle of my speaking (I stink at impromptu speeches) or forget what others ask.
    -People always tell me I dress well. I say this because how I dress is not to impress people, but because I feel better when my closet is organized and I look coordinated. If there is one thing I am detailed about it's planning my wardrobe.
    -Tend to find flaws in people's arguments...I love this.
    -Like to experience new things...will sit at home all day one day, but MUST do something the next. I particularly like going grocery shopping and reading food labels... I will check and see which products have high fructose syrup and which don't or check sodium content and serving sizes. It's how I found out I eat over 500 calroies if I eat an entire box of Vanilla Wafers in one day (serving size is 8 cookies).
    Well it seems to be alot. Do you have to plan out your daily routines so that nothing's missed?
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

positive things:

1. I love fixing things. Not objects but organizations. I recently got an award for reorganizing two organizations I'm in.
    2. When faced with other people's problems, I realized that I can't actually relate to their problem, however, I don't like seeing people cry or stressed so I give them advice which is fun...not sure if that's positive
    3. I tend to bounce back from adversity quickly.
    4. Qualities/skills that I like about myself: practical, creative/analytical, good at editing other's papers or at least I assume so because people keep coming back, learn from other's mistakes so I don't have to make them myself, flexible, able to deal with change.
    5. I enoy making lists and improving. I am always reading up on personal financing and goal setting. I also read up on diet and nutrition, French language (self-taught), etc. Things that I can actually use.
    6. I like being considered a leader.

Goodness...that was kinda hard writing about the positives
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer oyburger's question: Yes. I have to write things down. I usually have a large calendar, a weekly calendar, and a daily one. I check to see what needs to be done and keep a running to-do list so that I can check things off as I go.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely Ti in ego block.

INTj works.

thanks eveyone...now I may sleep...or creep to the other forums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very much, nearly everything identified as my traits too.

I am INTJ / INTj
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u remind me of my INTj dad.....