Thread: Please help me find my type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please help me understand my type

Hi guys!

My first post here. Yet I am lurking for a while.

I am quite curious to find my exact type. I hesitate between two options, but I wont share them, cause they might be wrong.

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tllw; 11-14-2011 at 05:49 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Share them anyway and don't be afraid to be wrong. And, include your thoughts on them as to why you think they might be wrong or right.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe my MBTI is ENFP. Although I am not at all sure on my Extroversion/Introversion. Almost at the middle of the scale.

I did several different socionics test and got very mixed results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Option 2.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tllw View Post
    I believe my MBTI is ENFP. Although I am not at all sure on my Extroversion/Introversion. Almost at the middle of the scale.

I did several different socionics test and got very mixed results.
    Alright, let's try a few questions, first starting off with introversion/extraversion:

1. What is the point of view of your position with regards to things? Are they more objective or subjective? Are you likely to amass information? And, if you do what purpose does this information serve?

2. In the world view, do you often find yourself taking your own position or the generally valid position? Generally valid mean, generally, people see certain things and crimes to be unlawful or wrong. Do you take their view or do you stubbornly head your own?

3. It's cold out and you've been thinking about building immunity to cold weather so you can withstand the cold better. What do you do?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- What qualities do you most value in yourself and others?
    * Intelligence, Knowledge, Creativity, Commitment, Honor

- Any peculiarities about your personality that make you stand out?
    * I have eclectic interests and knowledge. Good at doing very different things. Critical to myself and to the others. Pessimistic. Cynical, yet warm to people and not harsh.

- What are the most common praises and criticisms that you receive?
    * Somehow I am not getting much of either. Praises - creative, possess global vision, understand the society, inspiring. Criticism - not very organized, not so good at closing tasks.

- Do you like debates? Any particular topics that you like to discuss?
    * Yes and no. I am authoritarian in my mind, but not aggressive. And easily accept and understand the others. Yet I still may not agree.

- What areas of your life do you feel you neglect the most?
    * My self perception is very bad. I really don't "feel" myself. I don't "understand" when i am good at something and I am bit neglecting it. Friends are telling me I should be more cocky. I am almost never very happy too.

- What is your energy level like?
    * Medium to High. Although quite inconsistent - having some highs and lows.

- When working on a project what do you focus on: the process of putting it together or what the final result is going to be?
    * What the final results will be. The general stuff. I am perfectionist, but not always achieving results alone, because of this.

- If you were a planet or a star, what kind would you be and why?
    * Really don't have an idea. I wont answer in order to avoid giving a wrong one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Alright, let's try a few questions, first starting off with introversion/extraversion:

1. What is the point of view of your position with regards to things? Are they more objective or subjective? Are you likely to amass information? And, if you do what purpose does this information serve?
    Subjective, definitely. A lot, really big amount of information. Most of my ideas are coming trough indirect reflections. My creativity is a strange process. I don't rely on skills, but more on vision and on information i posses.

2. In the world view, do you often find yourself taking your own position or the generally valid position? Generally valid mean, generally, people see certain things and crimes to be unlawful or wrong. Do you take their view or do you stubbornly head your own?
    I am following my own. Yet somehow it is more or less a right one. But I wont feel guilty if I do something wrong (a crime or something).

3. It's cold out and you've been thinking about building immunity to cold weather so you can withstand the cold better. What do you do?
    Well, I do not have an instant answer here. Probably will think about training it, will read what the polar explorers are doing and will try to emulate it.
    Thanks guys! And please excuse my English, is not perfect.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please help me find my type
    Try to remember where did you last put it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Try to remember where did you last put it.
    Somewhere in the basement. Still looking for it

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Describe to me how you receive strangers into your company? What do you do? What do you ask? What's your attitude towards them at first, and developing.
    -

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- What areas of your life do you feel you neglect the most?
    * My self perception is very bad. I really don't "feel" myself. I don't "understand" when i am good at something and I am bit neglecting it.
    Could you explain some more about what you mean by this?

- What is your energy level like?
    * Medium to High. Although quite inconsistent - having some highs and lows.
    Sounds potentially EP>IP to me.

Thanks guys! And please excuse my English, is not perfect.
    Your English is pretty good, I can understand you easily. What's your native language?

Couple more questions:
    Who are some of your favorite famous people? Why do you like them?
    Who are some of your least favorite famous people? What is it you don't like about them?
    Do you have any major hobbies? What draws you to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have many idols, yet those are people I respect:

David Bowie - extremly important artist. as well he went from http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/ziggy.jpg to http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ma...-619970899.jpg

Milan Kundera - very deep, yet effortless
    Murakami, Grass, B.E. Ellis, Chekhov, Faulkner - because of their litterature
    Hegel

Steve McQueen - badass
    Serge Gainsbourg - jerk, yet very deep
    Kanye West - his attitude + he managed to encapsulate the times in his music

P.T. Anderson, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Almodovar - because of their movies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Describe to me how you receive strangers into your company? What do you do? What do you ask? What's your attitude towards them at first, and developing.
    Tough question. I am almost bit reserved, never really very open, but not closed in myself too. Think, I tend to be bit shy towards strangers, although they may perceive me as snotty.

Don't ask many question, may do some remarks. I don't like bothering others for obvious stuff.

My attitude is mostly friendly-distant, then can lose interest or develop to something more mutual. I don't like being close to many. Yet they're people that don't tire, even opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Do you have any major hobbies? What draws you to them?
    Not really. I love esthetic stuff, so some graphic design and photography, but that's my part of my job too.
    Enjoy playing different sports too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    * My self perception is very bad. I really don't "feel" myself. I don't "understand" when i am good at something and I am bit neglecting it.
    Could you explain some more about what you mean by this?
    Lets see... I am normally very general and subjective in my actions. I will never promote myself - "Look, I am great at whatever". Hate this. Mostly because, they are always somebody much better than me. I love to compare myself with the best, yet normally will be happy to hear an appreciation.
    I just don't "feel" my strong qualities. On the other side I'm not having many troubles with this. I am doing, when I have too and I don't turn all to a self-bashing fest.
    More or less this: Prefer to have general vision, to not be self-promotive and let the other perceive me (in subjective matter)

Creepy-Snaps

I guess INFj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not very sure on my E/I. Normally introverts are labeling me as an E, and vice versa.
    I never talk to strangers, yet I am not getting tired when around people.

p.s. Guys, tell me if I am doing it wrong. I normally don't like speaking of myself, because i feel it bit artificial. Yet I am trying to be objective and answer your questions with honesty