Thread: EIIs-INFjs and weakness in sensing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs and weakness in sensing

My is so weak that I hate dealing with physical problems. I lack the ability to take care of myself physically so when I get a cold or cough or infection, it takes a LONG time because I keep forgetting to take pills and take care of myself. Emotionally, I can deal with anything. But there are many incidents of the past when I'm embarrassed because of something physical because I'm just clueless. I also hate it sometimes and wish emotional state is all I need to worry about. *SIGHS* I can't dwell on anything physical because it seems like too much work and not important enough so I rather sit and dream and not get anything done too. Am I making sense????
    INFP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have though that INFjs would be all about taking pills to get better and whatnot. I dunno though. I haven't known any that well irl.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFJs only or INFPs too?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    My is so weak that I hate dealing with physical problems. I lack the ability to take care of myself physically so when I get a cold or cough or infection, it takes a LONG time because I keep forgetting to take pills and take care of myself. Emotionally, I can deal with anything. But there are many incidents of the past when I'm embarrassed because of something physical because I'm just clueless. I also hate it sometimes and wish emotional state is all I need to worry about. *SIGHS* I can't dwell on anything physical because it seems like too much work and not important enough so I rather sit and dream and not get anything done too. Am I making sense????
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense, it sounds just like my INFj mother and grandmother. Whenever they're sick I just feel like yelling "Hey dumbass, go to the F-ing doctor!" but I don't because they'd get their feelings hurt. It seems like there are a lot of things INFjs want to avoid
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit!
    *Cracka quits looking for a dual relationship because he hates going to the doctor too and never takes any meds, looks like they'd both die if one of them got sick.*

then again, I'd say it'd be different if I was with a dual because in the past I was always the one urging my family/ex's/friends to take their meds cuz they would die if they didn't...lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Shit!
    *Cracka quits looking for a dual relationship because he hates going to the doctor too and never takes any meds, looks like they'd both die if one of them got sick.*

then again, I'd say it'd be different if I was with a dual because in the past I was always the one urging my family/ex's/friends to take their meds cuz they would die if they didn't...lol
    Don't worry, the INFjs I know would take care of the other person and and make sure they went to doctor, but not when it came to themselves.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    but not when it came to themselves.
    that's where their dual would come in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    but not when it came to themselves.
    that's where their dual would come in.
    Or someone with a stick poking them saying "Hey you, pay attention to yourself!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFJ-avoidance is our achilees heel. This can really make almost every other type confused but...it's hard to explain unless you're an INFJ yourself.

We usually only take action unless we're really sure of ourselves. I dunno with me I have to feel good about myself before I make a choice otherwise it feels horrible and I end up sulking about it for weeks and I'm just right back where I started. If you pressure an INFJ into 'acting' when they're not ready, devasating results can follow. However it's complicated because sometimes we are ready and we think we're not, so a little encouragement is necessary.

But it's a good idea not to push an INFJ if we say we're terrified and we're just not ready to do it yet. You never say 'just do it' to an INFJ in those circumstances no matter how tempting it is! We might even lose respect for you if you do this often enough. We want to protect our weakness at all costs.

And there are some choices I feel good about compared to others. I don't doubt my ability to help other people with their problems.

And yeah, solving emotional problems seems kinda fun and interseting to me. Like it's weird I had a therapist that said 'You don't really want to be in therapy your whole life do you' and I thought 'why not?' LOL

But yeah it's hard for me to solve 'physical problems' because I don't really see the point. Also in situations that require a lot of I can be such a dolt. Like I can be totally oblivious to what's happening right in front of my nose and I'll only pay attention to it once my dominant kicks in. Like 'ooh something's wrong. I can FEEL it.' This also gives the appreance I have somewhat slow reflexes.

However, I shine in situations where the has to come first. It just depends, I guess.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    If you pressure an INFJ into 'acting' when they're not ready, devasating results can follow
    As the daughter of one, it seems that this applies to less pertinent things too like going to the store; but also to things that I don't see as dangerous, but she does, such as swimming and rollercoasters. Where I would just get it over with, my mom seems to put it off, many times indefinitely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the daughter of one, it seems that this applies to less pertinent things too like going to the store; but also to things that I don't see as dangerous, but she does, such as swimming and rollercoasters.
    Yes, that's very true! I'm glad you picked up on that.

Other type: wanna go to the store with me?

me: no

OT: see a movie?

OT: go to the park?

OT: go swimming, bikeriding, hanggliding

me: hell no

OT: what DO you want to do?

me: talk about our feelings and what we really mean to the world and maybe just stay in and play video games all day...and besides I'm working on this story that I really want to finish.

OT: ew no ...you need to get out more!

me: yeah well you need to stay IN more ;p

OT: you'll never learn to survive in the real world unless you go out there!!!11

me: meh whatever.

(I've had SO MANY CONVERASTIONS like this in my lifetime. ::sigh:: I wish a more common ground could be found)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the complete opposite...lol

me: What's up?
    friend: nada, U?
    me: Let's go somewhere?
    friend: where?
    Me: I dunno, I just don't feel like sitting around.
    Friend: ok.

*walk out to care and pretty much have the same conversation of where to go while driving around*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, yes that does sound like my mother, I never had a problem with her not going out and doing things (she does more than me actually). But when it's somewhere important, I had an aggenda and I needed a ride (when I was under 16), I would have to beg and plead and bother her for hours until she felt like it. Being so lax about things used to irritate me to no end, and I'm sure my need to plan an schedule is irritating too

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're talking about two different things here. is more about being healthy; is more about getting up and doing things.

About and getting sick and all that, I'm pretty health conscious and I hate being sick - it's so uncomfortable and distracting! So I'm pretty good about taking my pills (which also has to do with wanting to do things right) and getting enough sleep. And, unless they're giving me shots or poking me with other sharp instruments, I generally like doctors (i.e. I don't freak out when I have to go to the dentist). They're making me healthy, and I like that.

About and the motivation to get out and do stuff... yeah, I'm generally more inclined to stay at home. But if someone asks me to come with them somewhere and I feel comfortable with them, then I'll usually get up and go with them. I do like people, after all, and I like being with them. It really helps if I don't have to worry about having to keep a look out, or pay attention to too many things at once. As I've said in another thread, I can get overwhelmed in new environments, simple because of sensory overload. I need someone to assure me I'm safe and that I can relax.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'll go if I feel comfortable and I like them. But generally, I'm not really an active type that would be the first one to suggest a place.

I try to do that, to be more spontenaous but sometimes people think my suggestions (going to a museum) are boring, lol.

I need to go out every once in a while though, everybody needs balance. If not I'd probably go crazy. I just don't need it as much as people think I do. ::sigh::

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, a museum sounds fun!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah!

My friend invited me to mini-golfing today and I was like noooo. She sulked and wouldn't get off the phone so finally I had to use my firm, mean tone and I felt bad about it but I just didn't feel like getting up and mini-golfing.

I have to be ready. I need like two hours to prepare before going out. I need to relax, need to shower, need to make sure I look perfect and smell perfect. If someone call me ten minutes before they want me to do something, I'll be like no way.

I have never learned how to swim 'cause my parents never felt the need. They were having a hard time with money so I just never did. I'm terrified. I don't trust the water. I can stick my head underwater now which is not bad. Perhaps one day...I will just do it and trust I wouldn't drown.

I HATE rollercoasters. I went on one yesterday because I couldn't see the whole thing so I thought it wasn't scary. To the majority, probably not because...there were little kids in the front but I was SO scared. My stomach will never be the same again. I HATE the feeling of falling because my stomach just drops and it's like dying. Can't explain it. Don't know how others feel but they seem to enjoy it so I guess it's scary but fun for them. I just am deadly deadly afraid of them. *shudders at the memory*

Not sure if that's type related though because my other friend took the test and she's either INFP or INFJ and she went on every ride at that park.
    INFP

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to be ready. I need like two hours to prepare before going out. I need to relax, need to shower, need to make sure I look perfect and smell perfect. If someone call me ten minutes before they want me to do something, I'll be like no way.
    That's so funny because I'm exactly the same way. One of the worst things is waking up late and having to rush out the door with little to no time to shower, brush my teeth, and eat at least a little something. I like to take my time. Even when I'm tired, I'd rather skip the extra half hour or so of sleep so I can feel clean and refreshed.

I have never learned how to swim 'cause my parents never felt the need. They were having a hard time with money so I just never did. I'm terrified. I don't trust the water. I can stick my head underwater now which is not bad. Perhaps one day...I will just do it and trust I wouldn't drown.
    I learned to swim when I was little, but I don't really enjoy it. It's not so much that I'm afraid of drowning, it's more like I keep thinking, "I wonder what disgusting things are in the water?"

I HATE rollercoasters. I went on one yesterday because I couldn't see the whole thing so I thought it wasn't scary. To the majority, probably not because...there were little kids in the front but I was SO scared. My stomach will never be the same again. I HATE the feeling of falling because my stomach just drops and it's like dying. Can't explain it. Don't know how others feel but they seem to enjoy it so I guess it's scary but fun for them. I just am deadly deadly afraid of them. *shudders at the memory*

Not sure if that's type related though because my other friend took the test and she's either INFP or INFJ and she went on every ride at that park.
    Sometimes I like them, sometimes not. I think I have to be in the right mood. I prefer rollercoasters to the spinning types of rides. I kind of like the feeling of going fast (provided I'm not likely to fall out). I really don't like the haunted house rides, though. Or even scary movies, for that matter. Once that type of stuff gets in my head, it's hard to get out. I'll end up freaking myself out when I walk alone in the dark.