Thread: What the hell is MY type ???

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What the hell is MY type ???

I 've been having doubts about my type for a long time and for some reason I don't feel comfortable settling on ISTp (or any other type) at this time. The main problem I guess is that like with everything else I get introduced to, I form a bond with it, I get close to it, I try to BE it and I make it hard for myself to objectively judge it. That is, if I try hard, I can see myself as almost any socionic type and adjust my thoughts to fit the functions of it and it's relation to other types. What I want to try now is to see if other people 's opinions (especially from those that are more knowledgable and confident about socionics) can help me get a clearer picture of my socio-type.

I thought I 'd start off with a list of some random facts about myself:

- highly introverted
    - reserved, private and uninterfering
    - hypersensitive (especially emotionally)
    - inclined to experiment with acquired knowledge, trying to come up with something new, unconventional and original
    - always searching for new ways of doing things
    - trying to hold on to an idealistic view of humanity and believe in moral principles
    - prefer to spend lots of time alone, thinking and reflecting
    - very indecisive and usually not confident enough
    - striving for perfection in undertaken projects
    - socially phobic and sensitive, akward in interaction with people
    - introspective
    - having fear of intimacy but sequentialy yearning for it
    - good at "executionary"(couldn't think of a better word) planing and great at attention to detail
    - lazy

If there's anything I can provide that 'll be of any help to you, please tell.

I better press "submit" cause I 'm gonna edit this thing forever...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm from that description i have decided your definately an

GFVH - Good, Fantastic, Verbose, Human

I think your strongest function is probablly your Zi followed by yout Ue

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaďs Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description is consistent with ISTp. But perhaps INTp could also work.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Hmm from that description i have decided your definately an

GFVH - Good, Fantastic, Verbose, Human

I think your strongest function is probablly your Zi followed by yout Ue

... good lord, that was so Ne of you.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Even when I narrow it down to ISTp and INTp it's still confusing. When I wonder betwen SLI and ILI, I tend to think that I seem to have both Si and Ni as equally strong functions. I 'm also unable to decide between Se & Ne for dual-seeking func., because I tend to believe that I have a much stronger Ne than Se myself, which shouldn't be the case for an ISTp. On the other hand, I don't think I am attracted to Se individuals as I find Se to be very agressive and somewhat disturbing... (and it all ends up like a waldorf salad in my head )

Maybe I should have pointed out which things I find it hard to accociate with ISTp, but I think most of them are already in the description. I 'll write more tomorrow if I come up with something. Now I have to go. Thanks for the replies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP could work...yea, I have a friend who's INTP that sounds very much like you, lazy but when not lazy, a perfectionist and competitive...
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What the hell is MY type ???

Sounds like you're an ISFp.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I 've been having doubts about my type for a long time and for some reason I don't feel comfortable settling on ISTp (or any other type) at this time. The main problem I guess is that like with everything else I get introduced to, I form a bond with it, I get close to it, I try to BE it and I make it hard for myself to objectively judge it. That is, if I try hard, I can see myself as almost any socionic type and adjust my thoughts to fit the functions of it and it's relation to other types. What I want to try now is to see if other people 's opinions (especially from those that are more knowledgable and confident about socionics) can help me get a clearer picture of my socio-type.

I thought I 'd start off with a list of some random facts about myself:

- highly introverted
    - reserved, private and uninterfering
    - hypersensitive (especially emotionally)
    - inclined to experiment with acquired knowledge, trying to come up with something new, unconventional and original
    - always searching for new ways of doing things
    - trying to hold on to an idealistic view of humanity and believe in moral principles
    - prefer to spend lots of time alone, thinking and reflecting
    - very indecisive and usually not confident enough
    - striving for perfection in undertaken projects
    - socially phobic and sensitive, akward in interaction with people
    - introspective
    - having fear of intimacy but sequentialy yearning for it
    - good at "executionary"(couldn't think of a better word) planing and great at attention to detail
    - lazy

If there's anything I can provide that 'll be of any help to you, please tell.

I better press "submit" cause I 'm gonna edit this thing forever...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know lol..

I will take u out for a night on the town. If we end up having an exciting adventure your an ISTP
    Hmm ISTP doesn't quite fit tho maybe your ISFP i have a good friend whos that type.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaďs Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What the hell is MY type ???

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    Sounds like you're an ISFp.
    That's an option I am considering aswell. I am generally unconfrontational, can be very moody and emotionally expresive sometimes, and my parents have even told me that I can be manipulative and like to play with people's feelings, getting on their nerves. But still, I find it hard to associate my poor social skills and inability to deal with people, with creative .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I know lol..

I will take u out for a night on the town. If we end up having an exciting adventure your an ISTP
    Which reminds me of "Night On The Town" by Eric darius. I 'd give anything for being with someone who can make me feel the way I do when I listen to that song. But I doubt there's any human being that is capable of evoking those emotions in me. Music is magical.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Expat: One thing I 've noticed is that I can identify with almost every point about ISTjs you make on this forum. The systematic aproach to problem solving, the dislike of speaking about personal qualities and future plans/motives, sticking with something I 've found(/decided on) and refusing to change it... and almost everything else you've said, fits me well. Do you think there is a possibility that I could be an ISTj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Expat: One thing I 've noticed is that I can identify with almost every point about ISTjs you make on this forum. The systematic aproach to problem solving, the dislike of speaking about personal qualities and future plans/motives, sticking with something I 've found(/decided on) and refusing to change it... and almost everything else you've said, fits me well. Do you think there is a possibility that I could be an ISTj?
    That sounds a lot like every ISTP I know. The ISTJs I know have no problem telling you what their plans are. They will even tell you how they feel about stuff it if they know you well. They have things mapped out pretty well and if given the chance they'll be happy to map your life out too.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited because it wasn't funny
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    agree

I also considered ISFp but the values seem off. more in line with ISTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds very ISTp to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you can try to identify which aspects of things you tend to discuss actively with others of your own initiative, and which aspects you think about but don't really mention out loud until others bring it up. Think about the things that you tend to talk about that your friends find most important about you and most meaningful to them personally. Then think about what things you sometimes attempt to get across to people, but with little success.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    That sounds a lot like every ISTP I know. The ISTJs I know have no problem telling you what their plans are. They will even tell you how they feel about stuff it if they know you well. They have things mapped out pretty well and if given the chance they'll be happy to map your life out too.
    Then maybe Expat has a slightly distorted perception of ISTjs ...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Maybe you can try to identify which aspects of things you tend to discuss actively with others of your own initiative, and which aspects you think about but don't really mention out loud until others bring it up. Think about the things that you tend to talk about that your friends find most important about you and most meaningful to them personally. Then think about what things you sometimes attempt to get across to people, but with little success.
    I 've been thinking about this and I don't seem to be able to come up with anything. Certain things come to mind, but when I write them down it doesn't make much sense and I am very skeptical of their validity. It's hard for me to analyze myself the way you suggested.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 've been thinking about this and I don't seem to be able to come up with anything. Certain things come to mind, but when I write them down it doesn't make much sense and I am very skeptical of their validity. It's hard for me to analyze myself the way you suggested.
    Maybe another way to do the same thing is to have your closer friends describe you, perhaps with questions like these:
    - how do they think you are different from them?
    - what types of things do you tend to talk about more than other people?
    - what are your most valuable traits?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe another way to do the same thing is to have your closer friends describe you, perhaps with questions like these:
    - how do they think you are different from them?
    - what types of things do you tend to talk about more than other people?
    First aff all I don't have that many friends to be able to clasify them by closeness, lol. There's only about 3 or 4 people who I cosider to be my friends and if I ask them those questions they 'd probably laugh out loud at me. I think they will either not take me seriously or feel uncomfortable.

To that question I think they would perhaps mention my musical talent and ideas, my ability to make a desirable effect by finding and taking the right practical action, my virtue in solving technical problems, my skills of observation and attention to detail, my easy-learning, my perfectionism in doing things I love (music, design...). My ability to plan out details before-hand? ... Those are the things that come to mind when I think about what I 've been commented on and what I find as slightly sticking out.

* As a side note (inspired by Five's thread), I thought I 'd mention my enneagram type. I think it's 4w5 sp.