Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Figuring Out My Type

Default Figuring Out My Type

Hey everyone! New to the forum, but been reading up on socionics for a little while. Still not confident enough about it to say that I know what I'm talking about, though.

I'm curious to know what my type is and was wondering if anyone could help figure that out; what should I talk about that would help you (as far as lifestyle, interests, motivations, etc)?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome to the 16types.

Tell us what comes to your mind about yourself or what interest you.

Tell us a story.

It doesn't really matter, your type will come thru your self-expression, whether you like it or not.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It doesn't really matter, your type will come thru your self-expression, whether you like it or not.
    The more you post, the more your true type will come out.

Welcome! What brought you to socionics?

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Welcome to the 16types.

Tell us what comes to your mind about yourself or what interest you.

Tell us a story.

Hmm...Well, that's the thing, haha. It's so open-ended that I'm not quite sure where to begin.

Okay, I guess I could start by just talking about random things I thought about today. I wouldn't be all that good with "are you this characteristic or that?" kind of questions anyway since I'm not all that self-aware (or, alternatively, I'm balanced, which I doubt).

I've realized today that I have awful willpower - simply awful. I can't get myself to do things unless I'm in the right state of mind. Work's beginning to pile up, and right now I don't feel like doing any of it so I won't.

Something fairly interesting happened today (although I guess at least one thing interesting happens every day); had a short conversation with someone. We started talking about career paths/majors (I'm a freshman in college) and he said he wasn't sure what he wanted to do yet with his life. Asked him about what his interests were so I could figure out the kinds of things he might want to do, and he responded "I like to live." Enter awkward pause (I was processing what he said and didn't know what to say since I didn't know whether it was sarcasm or not). He said something along the lines of "I know it's a simple goal, but that's really all I want to do. And I want to find a job that will allow me to continue doing that to the best of my ability." It was a pretty uncommon response; usually I get a monologue about how someone wants to do this but they can't, or that they've been wanting to be this or that since they were a kid or whatever else. Somehow it was kind of cool to meet someone who has down-to-earth goals and doesn't really hide it. Or maybe he just wants to be seen as an unorthodox type of person, I don't really know since it was the first time I was meeting him. From first impression, I'd say the former, though.

I want to do something - something that has the potential to impact people's lives. Only thing to do now is figure out what that something is, exactly. I'll find it, though. I know I will.

Can't think of anything else that really struck me today, and I might end up grasping at straws, talking about thoughts I never really had if I write anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    The more you post, the more your true type will come out.

Welcome! What brought you to socionics?
    Well, not sure if I'll stick around since I tend to drop in and out of my interests, but we'll see

Thanks; I think was just browsing around MBTI and stumbled upon socionics. I'm not much of an expert in MBTI either, though. Pretty much a passing interest.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    Well, not sure if I'll stick around since I tend to drop in and out of my interests, but we'll see

Thanks; I think was just browsing around MBTI and stumbled upon socionics. I'm not much of an expert in MBTI either, though. Pretty much a passing interest.
    Well socionics is a bit different then MBTI, more streamlined but a bit more intense and advanced. There are some resources compiled here as some type descriptions. I already some idea of your type but am not sure, just keep writing about whatever comes to mind, because socionics is about communication and what we want to communicate about.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...e-descriptions

Okay, thanks. Reading them now; the translation makes some of them hard to read, though.

Like this, for example, on the Female SLI portrait:
    "Besides the love for the adventures and the tendency toward the new impressions, it sincerely believes in the fact that in the life can occur everything, anything. Certainly, it will in every way possible deny this, demonstrating the impenetrable skepticism with respect to in all in the light, but in the depth of soul it believes in the miracles. So that if you want by it it will be pleased, boldly open before it new possibilities and prospects, astonish by the unexpected (but pleasant) turnings in the relations.
    What it does not love, so this stupid drawings, since it does not find by their ridiculous. So that you will choke in itself to say temptation to it that entire back is white in it. Pover'te, this will cause no reaction, except bewilderment or doubt about your mental abilities."

What does that mean?

Creepy-Snaps

Hey everyone!
    Hmm...Well, that's the thing, haha.
    awful willpower - simply awful
    Fe. All over your posts.

I've realized today that I have awful willpower - simply awful. I can't get myself to do things unless I'm in the right state of mind. Work's beginning to pile up, and right now I don't feel like doing any of it so I won't.
    Very Si-valuing. I also don't enjoy pushing myself to finish goals if they're extremely uncomfortable, but I do way better than others at long-term goals, a little each day, performing at a comfortable, sustainable level. Finish ahead in the long run.

It's so open-ended that I'm not quite sure where to begin.
    Not a great example of Ne-valuing, but I can tell you value Ne.

A better example of Ne-valuing.

was wondering if anyone could help figure that out; what should I talk about that would help you (as far as lifestyle, interests, motivations, etc)?
    Ti-seeking. Looking for others to help explain things for you. Your question is almost identical to the one I asked when I got started... seemed so open-ended, what to talk about, what would influence people's opinions of me, etc.

Like this, for example, on the Female SLI portrait:
    What does that mean?
    Also Ti-seeking.

Uncertainty, not only do I see many similarities in our thought processes , but also writing styles, telling stories, etc., and you are asking similar questions compared to when I started, and are very polite, saying 'thanks', etc. I not only have no problem placing you in Alpha quadra, but also feel extremely confident, at least 95%, to type you as ESE. I'll even go as far as to say you're the same subtype as me, Fe-ESFj.

So there ya go, 3 posts in, and we've figured you out. I know, many of us Fe-egos, especially the Alpha Ne-valuers, tend to be bad at discerning the different types from one another at the start, and will consider other types. Even if you believe you're ESE now, I'm sure you'll consider multiple other types in the future, like I did. But for now, I vote ESE, so if you look back several months from now, I can say I was right.

Fe. All over your posts.

Very Si-valuing. I also don't enjoy pushing myself to finish goals if they're extremely uncomfortable, but I do way better than others at long-term goals, a little each day, performing at a comfortable, sustainable level. Finish ahead in the long run.

Not a great example of Ne-valuing, but I can tell you value Ne.

A better example of Ne-valuing.

Ti-seeking. Looking for others to help explain things for you. Your question is almost identical to the one I asked when I got started... seemed so open-ended, what to talk about, what would influence people's opinions of me, etc.

Also Ti-seeking.

Uncertainty, not only do I see many similarities in our thought processes , but also writing styles, telling stories, etc., and you are asking similar questions compared to when I started, and are very polite, saying 'thanks', etc. I not only have no problem placing you in Alpha quadra, but also feel extremely confident, at least 95%, to type you as ESE. I'll even go as far as to say you're the same subtype as me, Fe-ESFj.

So there ya go, 3 posts in, and we've figured you out. I know, many of us Fe-egos, especially the Alpha Ne-valuers, tend to be bad at discerning the different types from one another at the start, and will consider other types. Even if you believe you're ESE now, I'm sure you'll consider multiple other types in the future, like I did. But for now, I vote ESE, so if you look back several months from now, I can say I was right.
    That was...fairly quick. Forgive me for being a little skeptical. I do identify more with Ne/Si than Se/Ni, I think.
    I saw 3 things I'm wondering about...
    1. You state that you go at a comfortable, sustainable pace and can't force yourself to do what makes you uncomfortable. So you consider this "pace" to be a manifestation of Si? If this were true, then I don't think I identify with it. The issue is that I don't go at comfortable, sustainable paces. Work seems to be done in fits and starts; I'm one of the many who like to get things done at the last minute, when the pressure's on. Or when I'm in the mood to do it and do it all at once. Not a good thing, I know. I'm working on it.
    2. So why were the quoted segments manifestations of Fe? Vibe? Descriptors? Syntax?
    3. Can politeness be related to type? I'm kind of skeptical... If you weren't trying to say that, then I misunderstood you, I think.

Creepy-Snaps

That was...fairly quick. Forgive me for being a little skeptical. I do identify more with Ne/Si than Se/Ni, I think.
    I saw 3 things I'm wondering about...
    1. You state that you go at a comfortable, sustainable pace and can't force yourself to do what makes you uncomfortable. So you consider this "pace" to be a manifestation of Si? If this were true, then I don't think I identify with it. The issue is that I don't go at comfortable, sustainable paces. Work seems to be done in fits and starts; I'm one of the many who like to get things done at the last minute, when the pressure's on. Or when I'm in the mood to do it and do it all at once. Not a good thing, I know. I'm working on it.
    2. So why were the quoted segments manifestations of Fe? Vibe? Descriptors? Syntax?
    3. Can politeness be related to type? I'm kind of skeptical... If you weren't trying to say that, then I misunderstood you, I think.
    1. I'm the master of procrastinating. At least in school, I was. Preferring to do things comfortably can be related to Si. Sometimes it's easier to put them off, relax, then do them last-minute. This isn't necessarily type-related, procrastinating or not, I had in mind bigger, long-term life goals when I wrote that. I'm more than willing to push myself when need be.
    2. Too much to explain now why. You naturally inject emotions into your language, and are great at emotionally affecting the group. Can't find a link now to explain Fe more, sorry!
    3. Politeness CAN be related to type. ESFjs observe the ethics of others, and are naturally very polite themselves. It's related to Fe, objective ethics. I really gotta go now, sorry I don't have time to answer more in-depth at the moment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a questions about work:

1. Do you feel all things are important (as in have equal value) and must all be done?
    2. Can you prioritize your work?
    3. Do you enjoy prioritizing your work?
    4. How often do you prioritize your work?
    5. Would you like others to prioritize your work?
    6. Do you actually look to others to give work to and expect them to prioritize your work?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

1. Do you feel all things are important (as in have equal value) and must all be done?
    6. Do you actually look to others to give work to and expect them to prioritize your work?
    Uncertainty, Maritsa33 is obsessed with Te and LSEs, and may type you as such. Don't worry, she's typed >95% of the guys she's liked on this forum as LSE at some point.

1. I'm the master of procrastinating. At least in school, I was. Preferring to do things comfortably can be related to Si. Sometimes it's easier to put them off, relax, then do them last-minute. This isn't necessarily type-related, procrastinating or not, I had in mind bigger, long-term life goals when I wrote that. I'm more than willing to push myself when need be.
    2. Too much to explain now why. You naturally inject emotions into your language, and are great at emotionally affecting the group. Can't find a link now to explain Fe more, sorry!
    3. Politeness CAN be related to type. ESFjs observe the ethics of others, and are naturally very polite themselves. It's related to Fe, objective ethics. I really gotta go now, sorry I don't have time to answer more in-depth at the moment.
    Hmm, okay, I'll have to think about whether I actively set long-term goals to begin with Will read up on ESE.

1. I don't know what you mean, to be honest, so if you could clarify it'd be easier to answer.
    2. Hmm, yeah, I'd say so. Doesn't everyone? If something has to be done by tomorrow, I'll need to do that first, no?
    3. Do I enjoy it? As in mental prioritization or making lists that orders what I have to do? Not sure what you're getting at, but if you meant that, then I guess making lists is nice. That way I won't have to remember everything I have to do and can just check it off when it's done. I don't do it that often, though - unfortunately.
    4. Not often, if you mean writing things down. Mentally, sure, since everyone has to prioritize what tasks need to be done first. If I have time, though, I tend to just do what I want to first.
    5. Not sure, never thought about it, really. I don't think so, though. The idea of someone telling me how I should do this and that and in what order doesn't sound too appealing to me. Suggestions, sure.
    6. Also not sure. I'm leaning toward no, though. If I can do it on my own, I will.

Uncertainty, Maritsa33 is obsessed with Te and LSEs, and may type you as such. Don't worry, she's typed >95% of the guys she's liked on this forum as LSE at some point.
    Haha Well, I'll be curious to see what happens, then.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. How many rungs has a ladder have to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    1. How many rungs has a ladder have to have?
    Thought you were Maritsa.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thought you were Maritsa.

All of them.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm betting on LII. And that friend of yours you met the other day is probably SLI/SEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    All of them.
    Haha. Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm betting on LII. And that friend of yours you met the other day is probably SLI/SEI.
    Mmm, any particular reasons why? As for the person I met, that's certainly possible. I think he gave me more of an Ep temperament vibe on first impression. Kind of hard to substantiate it anymore than that, though; would have to think about it.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you like others to prioritize your work?
    Not sure, never thought about it, really. I don't think so, though. The idea of someone telling me how I should do this and that and in what order doesn't sound too appealing to me. Suggestions, sure.
    The most obvious thing is your comment about hating being ordered. That is how Se polr mainfest in LIIs. Bear in mind that the question was only asking if you would like others to prioritize your work, a Te topic. Therefore, you obviously think you are good at handling that (Te) and would take offense if someone ordered you to do something you think it's incorrect. Does it make sense?

Also this is how I go about work related stuff as well:
    You state that you go at a comfortable, sustainable pace and can't force yourself to do what makes you uncomfortable. So you consider this "pace" to be a manifestation of Si? If this were true, then I don't think I identify with it. The issue is that I don't go at comfortable, sustainable paces. Work seems to be done in fits and starts; I'm one of the many who like to get things done at the last minute, when the pressure's on. Or when I'm in the mood to do it and do it all at once. Not a good thing, I know. I'm working on it.
    Doing things last minute = arrogant use of Ni. I had to learn to schedule everything very early to avoid straining myself, or at least to schedule a proper resting period to manage my work thoroughly, which I'm inclined to do anyway. To be more productive for LIIs (read: use Te), means that they have to use Se. They are interlocked. I used to study 6-8 hours straight sometimes when I first joined college because of my initial slackness.

Creepy-Snaps

Who are you, and what credibility do you have? Your 'bet' on LII means little to me. He's clearly Fe-ego.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are you, and what credibility do you have? Your 'bet' on LII means little to me. He's clearly Fe-ego.
    Are you challenging me? You of all people? You are barely recognized here so excuse me if I'm feeling like ignoring you. It's not like you're Expat. You had your chance of asking a proper question and you missed it but I will give you another chance to rephrase your post.

The most obvious thing is your comment about hating being ordered. That is how Se polr mainfest in LIIs. Bear in mind that the question was only asking if you would like others to prioritize your work, a Te topic. Therefore, you obviously think you are good at handling that (Te) and would take offense if someone ordered you to do something you think it's incorrect. Does it make sense?

Also this is how I go about work related stuff as well:
    Doing things last minute = arrogant use of Ni. I had to learn to schedule everything very early to avoid straining myself, or at least to schedule a proper resting period to manage my work thoroughly, which I'm inclined to do anyway. To be more productive for LIIs (read: use Te), means that they have to use Se. They are interlocked. I used to study 6-8 hours straight sometimes when I first joined college because of my initial slackness.
    I think I need something more concrete to understand fully, otherwise I might be making inferences that may or may not be true. Perhaps a hypothetical situation that relates to 'prioritizing work'?

That's where I'm at right now. Basically I'm trying to study ahead of time, and while my habits now are certainly better than before there's definitely room for improvement. What gave you the impetus to change your habits?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same type as MegaDoomer - I say ILI, he says SLI (from what I know). Do you like to play with words, their meanings, double/multiple meanings, undercurrent, connotations and such "interesting" [1] stuff? Do you often feel ahead of others in terms of predicting the possible outcome of interactions and their possible intentions, changing your answers/actions depending on the context? (first thing you figure - or try to figure - out is the purpose/aim of the person who talks, obvious or hidden, or something like this?) Do you often weight different scenarios in your mind, often just for fun?
    ---

[1] - in quotes because I hear certain people calling it so, not actually interesting from my POV.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    The same type as MegaDoomer - I say ILI, he says SLI (from what I know). Do you like to play with words, their meanings, double/multiple meanings, undercurrent, connotations and such "interesting" [1] stuff? Do you often feel ahead of others in terms of predicting the possible outcome of interactions and their possible intentions, changing your answers/actions depending on the context? (first thing you figure - or try to figure - out is the purpose/aim of the person who talks, obvious or hidden, or something like this?) Do you often weight different scenarios in your mind, often just for fun?
    ---

[1] - in quotes because I hear certain people calling it so, not actually interesting from my POV.
    Playing with words, no, don't think so. Not completely sure though. As far as double/multiple meanings and the rest, yeah, definitely. I like evaluating different sides of a scenario. I like symbolism. I like art because it 'speaks' below the surface (I can't draw/paint/sculpt/anything well, unfortunately). I like trying to analyzing what lies underneath; I guess that carries over to people too. I try to figure out 'who' people are, so to speak, from their actions, attire, gaze, expressions, and whatever else. Hence why I'm posting here, probably

Predicting possible outcome of interactions? Not sure what you mean, if you had some sort of hypothetical scenario I could envision I'd probably be able to tell you that way. I think everyone changes their answers/actions according to context, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Weighing different scenarios - sure. The 'just for fun' part throws me off, though. Not sure about that, would have to think about it. I don't find myself identifying with it, though. Maybe the wording makes my thoughts sound whimsical, haha. That could be why.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you do with your analysis?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I need something more concrete to understand fully, otherwise I might be making inferences that may or may not be true. Perhaps a hypothetical situation that relates to 'prioritizing work'?

That's where I'm at right now. Basically I'm trying to study ahead of time, and while my habits now are certainly better than before there's definitely room for improvement. What gave you the impetus to change your habits?
    Prioritizing work means breaking down things into steps. You do what matters, when it matters.

So imagine yourself playing a game and one of your parents comes in and tells you to stop doing that and go clean your room. This is your free time and usually the time when you relax. Also, you always clean your room every two days or something. But you think in your mind "Yeah, okay. I'll just finish this game and then clean my room." Ten minutes later said parent comes in and start yelling because you didn't do the 'job'.

You of course have an issue with this behavior because you were going clean the room anyway and there was no need to stress on something you have agreed on. You know that the universe is not going to break down if you cleaned your room ten minutes earlier or now. And your parent didn't mention why it's important to do it now. Now you're mad and it goes like this: "if it's really important then you should tell me why I should get up and do it now. Otherwise someone else can do it if it's important to them - in this case the parent. Or you can wait for me to finish this game. If it's truly my responsibility then no one has the right to butt in."

You do the task with a lot of resentment and then go back to doing what you were doing earlier. But you end up offending your parent, who now has an issue with your attitude. You get the "You don't like it when people tell you to do something then you should do it yourself." But you don't care anymore, you have completed the task.

An over exaggerated example, as it usually doesn't go that far, but it should you give you a clear picture.

For reference:
    4. Se Extraverted Sensing

The LII hates being ordered what to do, and chafes especially under orders that don't make sense to him. In such cases the LII is likely to criticize the authority — but if he does he is not subtle about it, and usually ends up being marked as a "rebel" and feeling even more frustrated than he did to begin with. An LII works best alone, so that he doesn't have to subordinate (to) others — or constantly negotiate his priorities, which strains his patience and diverts his time and attention away from reworking his understanding; if he is forced to waste time defending what he already knows, he gives up the freedom to deepen his understanding further. He does not tolerate pushiness combined with close-mindedness.

The LII does not like being simply told "get real" or "get off your duff", which he views as crude, intrusive, and insulting. He prefers to be left alone - or better, included in an atmosphere of open discussion that is receptive to his thoughts and thereby inspire him to develop them more.

If the LII has a problem that cannot be solved intellectually, but requires direct personal confrontation, he may resort to total avoidance rather than approaching the person directly, which he tends to think will produce only frustration and contempt. The LII thinks that, in an ideal world, everyone would just listen to reason instead of insisting on having their own way.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm...Well, that's the thing, haha. It's so open-ended that I'm not quite sure where to begin.

Okay, I guess I could start by just talking about random things I thought about today. I wouldn't be all that good with "are you this characteristic or that?" kind of questions anyway since I'm not all that self-aware (or, alternatively, I'm balanced, which I doubt).

That happens to everyone and that isn't the measure of Se PoLR.
    -

What do you do with your analysis?
    Hmm. Well, regarding people, I use it to figure out if I'll get along with them or not, and tailor my interactions with them accordingly. Doesn't everyone, though?

As far as finding symbolism and "language" in forms of art, I usually keep it to myself unless there's someone around who I know will be receptive to conversing about it.

Prioritizing work means breaking down things into steps. You do what matters, when it matters.

So imagine yourself playing a game and one of your parents comes in and tells you to stop doing that and go clean your room. This is your free time and usually the time when you relax. Also, you always clean your room every two days or something. But you think in your mind "Yeah, okay. I'll just finish this game and then clean my room." Ten minutes later said parent comes in and start yelling because you didn't do the 'job'.

You of course have an issue with this behavior because you were going clean the room anyway and there was no need to stress on something you have agreed on. You know that the universe is not going to break down if you cleaned your room ten minutes earlier or now. And your parent didn't mention why it's important to do it now. Now you're mad and it goes like this: "if it's really important then you should tell me why I should get up and do it now. Otherwise someone else can do it if it's important to them - in this case the parent. Or you can wait for me to finish this game. If it's truly my responsibility then no one has the right to butt in."

You do the task with a lot of resentment and then go back to doing what you were doing earlier. But you end up offending your parent, who now has an issue with your attitude. You get the "You don't like it when people tell you to do something then you should do it yourself." But you don't care anymore, you have completed the task.

An over exaggerated example, as it usually doesn't go that far, but it should you give you a clear picture.

For reference:
    That's definitely happened to me on more than one occasion If people really want to me to do something right now and ask without getting aggressive about it I'd probably do it, though.

4. Se Extraverted Sensing

The LII hates being ordered what to do, and chafes especially under orders that don't make sense to him. In such cases the LII is likely to criticize the authority — but if he does he is not subtle about it, and usually ends up being marked as a "rebel" and feeling even more frustrated than he did to begin with. An LII works best alone, so that he doesn't have to subordinate (to) others — or constantly negotiate his priorities, which strains his patience and diverts his time and attention away from reworking his understanding; if he is forced to waste time defending what he already knows, he gives up the freedom to deepen his understanding further. He does not tolerate pushiness combined with close-mindedness.

The LII does not like being simply told "get real" or "get off your duff", which he views as crude, intrusive, and insulting. He prefers to be left alone - or better, included in an atmosphere of open discussion that is receptive to his thoughts and thereby inspire him to develop them more.

If the LII has a problem that cannot be solved intellectually, but requires direct personal confrontation, he may resort to total avoidance rather than approaching the person directly, which he tends to think will produce only frustration and contempt. The LII thinks that, in an ideal world, everyone would just listen to reason instead of insisting on having their own way.
    The bolded is what I identify with. I don't tend to criticize authority, per se, more like silent disagreement. If I'm pushed enough, I'll speak out, though. I think I actually work best in groups. I like group activities for the social aspect and the fact that work can be divided based on people's inherent talents. It sucks when you feel like you're pulling teeth and doing the most, but that just tends to happen sometimes. Working alone is perfectly fine too, though. As for the other stuff, not sure.

That happens to everyone and that isn't the measure of Se PoLR.
    Which is why I was reluctant to peg it as such, but I'm not sure. I think, after reading type descriptions and wikisocion, I've narrowed it down to alpha/delta and not Ej. Haha, not much progress.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ej temperament sound right on.

Are you a good timekeeper?

You said you like to do things on the last minute, is this because you like feeling rushed?

Those things are not Ti seeking. Just because he wants clarity of meaning and for people to ask questions, that doesn't mean they're seeking Ti.

Your ideas are not intelligent;
    1. I don't know if this person is a man or a woman.
    2. 15% of the population of the US are LSE; factor that into how many are on my typing list and how many that would possibly be here and that makes good sense.

Playing with words, no, don't think so. Not completely sure though. As far as double/multiple meanings and the rest, yeah, definitely. I like evaluating different sides of a scenario. I like symbolism. I like art because it 'speaks' below the surface (I can't draw/paint/sculpt/anything well, unfortunately). I like trying to analyzing what lies underneath; I guess that carries over to people too. I try to figure out 'who' people are, so to speak, from their actions, attire, gaze, expressions, and whatever else. Hence why I'm posting here, probably

Predicting possible outcome of interactions? Not sure what you mean, if you had some sort of hypothetical scenario I could envision I'd probably be able to tell you that way. I think everyone changes their answers/actions according to context, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Weighing different scenarios - sure. The 'just for fun' part throws me off, though. Not sure about that, would have to think about it. I don't find myself identifying with it, though. Maybe the wording makes my thoughts sound whimsical, haha. That could be why.
    Sounds like you try to find object qualities about the individual, like facts that describe who they are rather than feeling impressions of them.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-13-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    -

Ej temperament sound right on.

Are you a good timekeeper?
    No, not Ej No, wouldn't say so. Keeping time is not one of my strengths, although the concept is kind of vague. Do you mean "keeping time" as far as structuring when something should be done? Or if I can discern how much time something will take? Or if I can judge how much time has passed (for a literal definition )? I'm inclined to wonder the extent that "keeping time" is related to type, if it is.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...EP_temperament

I do "fidget" a lot when I'm in a resting position. I have a lot of anxious energy, I think. I tend to do random things to alleviate it, like drum on a table with pencils or my fingers, switch the position that I'm sitting in, bite my nails or whatever else. Not sure if that's related to temperament.
    What exactly is a "cat-like" walk to begin with?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, not Ej No, wouldn't say so. Keeping time is not one of my strengths, although the concept is kind of vague. Do you mean "keeping time" as far as structuring when something should be done? Or if I can discern how much time something will take? Or if I can judge how much time has passed (for a literal definition )? I'm inclined to wonder the extent that "keeping time" is related to type, if it is.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...EP_temperament

I do "fidget" a lot when I'm in a resting position. I have a lot of anxious energy, I think. I tend to do random things to alleviate it, like drum on a table with pencils or my fingers, switch the position that I'm sitting in, bite my nails or whatever else. Not sure if that's related to temperament.
    What exactly is a "cat-like" walk to begin with?
    Ok, are you good at structuring when something should get done?

Do you like absolute deadlines?
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's definitely happened to me on more than one occasion If people really want to me to do something right now and ask without getting aggressive about it I'd probably do it, though.

The bolded is what I identify with. I don't tend to criticize authority, per se, more like silent disagreement. If I'm pushed enough, I'll speak out, though. I think I actually work best in groups. I like group activities for the social aspect and the fact that work can be divided based on people's inherent talents. It sucks when you feel like you're pulling teeth and doing the most, but that just tends to happen sometimes. Working alone is perfectly fine too, though. As for the other stuff, not sure.
    It will take time to make sense of everything written in the wiki.

Some of it is really complicated and ends up being unimportant. I'd suggest reading this page if you haven't already. I haven't digested all of it, and some of it is a bit sketchy and not clear enough, but the main points resonated well with me and gave me a good starting ground.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ocionics_Model

Also, ditto on everything you said. I think openness to suggestions implies that you favor Ne over Se.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say you're IP temperament. Do you tend to spend a lot of your time inactive, planning or optimizing future course of events, then do all the required work in short bursts, then come back to inactive state again?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I'd say you're IP temperament. Do you tend to spend a lot of your time inactive, planning or optimizing future course of events, then do all the required work in short bursts, then come back to inactive state again?
    me too.
    -

Ok, are you good at structuring when something should get done?

Do you like absolute deadlines?
    I can understand when things should get done. Can't follow through consistently, but what I need to do usually gets done one way or another. As far as absolute deadlines, they're a pain. Sometimes they're necessary because they give me a reason to start working, but I prefer the "whenever within the next few weeks" kind of deadlines.

It will take time to make sense of everything written in the wiki.

Some of it is really complicated and ends up being unimportant. I'd suggest reading this page if you haven't already. I haven't digested all of it, and some of it is a bit sketchy and not clear enough, but the main points resonated well with me and gave me a good starting ground.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ocionics_Model
    Also, ditto on everything you said. I think openness to suggestions implies that you favor Ne over Se.
    Okay, thanks. Will read it now. And yeah, I definitely think Ne > Se.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Hmm. Yeah, I'd say so. Can you elaborate on the differences between IP and EP?

Rationals
    (Also called shizotymes in early socionics literature)
    Tend to plan ahead, make decisions early.
    Are more often rigid and stubborn.
    Do not like to change their decisions.
    Tend to finish what they started.
    Usually have stiff movements.
    Usually more 'authoritarian' leadership style.
    Low stress tolerance.

Irrationals
    (Also called cyclotymes in early socionics literature)
    Tend to wait and see, more spontaneous.
    Are more often flexible and tolerant.
    Change their decisions frequently.
    Tend to start new things without finishing them.
    Usually have gentle movements.
    Usually more 'democratic' leadership style.
    High stress tolerance.
    I bolded the parts I definitely identify with. I think I identify more with irrational, based on this. Some of the bolded is contradictory because I can see how I'd be both, depending on context.

Typical characteristics

relaxed
    go-with-the-flow
    finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    movements are flexible, unhurried
    little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods
    IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.
    As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative.
    I can't grasp the bolded; not sure what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    The bits you've bolded are kind of universal

I agree with siuntal, IP seems more likely than EP.

What sorts of social situations do you feel comfortable in? What are your hobbies and why? If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? Coke or Pepsi?

Hmm.

I think I do better in 1 on 1 conversations. I think I find it easier to get to know people that way since I learn about who they are. It has that quality that large-scale interactions lack, and people tend to let their masks off more in 1 on 1. On the other hand, I don't talk much in large groups initially. I guess I like to observe a bit first? I think it's just the fear of being judged, really, if I were to be completely honest with myself. I don't know how people will react. With 1 on 1, it's more personal, maybe? I don't know.

I don't think I'm much of a conversationalist, though. Purely verbal interactions aren't my thing at all, and I can't really have 3-hour long conversations with people I've just met. Not sure what it is. I think my experience growing up had influence on me; I was "sheltered" and my parents weren't the type to talk about philosophy or my interests. I never really talked to my mom about my problems because I didn't think she'd understand (and she didn't). She's much more relaxed now, which is good. Maybe that set a precedent, though?

I warm up to people in stages, I would say. Initially, I won't talk much (or I will and keep the conversation short). To be honest, I can't bring myself to talk about formalities without feeling like something's wrong (like, where you from? what do you do? where'd you go to school? etc); it's probably because I don't think I care about those details too much and feel like I'm forcing the conversation. That's probably why I don't talk too much on first encounters, where people are getting to know one another and ask those kinds of questions. I prefer to learn these things as I continue to interact with them, when I'm actually interested to know. I fare better when people ask less generic questions.

I like giving advice and talking to people about their personal issues.

Hobbies? Hmm. Looking up random things on the computer is one of them. I pretty much favorite whatever I find really interesting. I recently favorited "The Moral Life of Babies" and "Virtual Barber Shop." Listening to music - I've been listening to Lifehouse, Goo Goo Dolls, and Linkin Park a lot lately. Someone re-introduced me to Jack Johnson's music recently; I like his songs for their messages. At first (well, a year ago), his music seemed too simple and low-key for me, but he's grown on me. One of his songs, "Breakdown," just talks about how he'd like the "train" of life to breakdown so he can stop "to see what there is to see". I'd like for that to happen, but life doesn't stop for anyone, I guess

I like reading books when I'm in the reading mood. Over the past couple months, I've only read 6-7 though. I liked "Freakonomics," "The Happiness Hypothesis," and "Man's Search for Meaning" the most.

I used to play video games a lot in high school, not so much anymore. I liked team-based games; could be RPGs, sports, shooters, whatever, as long as I was with computers or other players. Resident Evil solo-type stuff isn't my thing. Even in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion I found ways to keep the NPCs so they would fight with me, haha Didn't complete quests if it meant they'd disappear.

If I could change one thing... I'd probably make myself more driven. I admire people who have that inner motivation. I think that's what I'm missing. I was valedictorian in my high school, and on some level I felt that I didn't deserve it. I didn't work as hard as other people. That's why I don't think intelligence reveals much about who you are - your motivations, ethics, and personality. People put too much stock on it.

Neither Coke nor Pepsi I'd prefer iced tea or water, carbonated drinks hurt my throat.
    Last edited by Uncertainty; 11-14-2011 at 12:24 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    The same type as MegaDoomer - I say ILI, he says SLI (from what I know).
    What makes him so similar to me? I haven't read all of what Uncertainty wrote, but maybe I can make a guess, too.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    What makes him so similar to me? I haven't read all of what Uncertainty wrote, but maybe I can make a guess, too.
    Would be interested to know what you think

Creepy-Snaps

Are you challenging me? You of all people? You are barely recognized here so excuse me if I'm feeling like ignoring you. It's not like you're Expat. You had your chance of asking a proper question and you missed it but I will give you another chance to rephrase your post.
    Yet he failed and his attempt was childish in nature, don't you think?

You pick up on Ni well. Why am I not surprised?

I don't care for you, Marista. You can stop replying to me now. It's fine by me.
    You seem to think very highly of yourself, and less of others. You come across rather rude.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15% of the population of the US are LSE;
    Source?

Would be interested to know what you think
    I haven't found that many definite hints to a certain type, but my best guess would be ISFp. If you're introverted, you're probably a feeler too, imho. Introverted thinkers come across more incommunicative. Alpha seems to fit, Fe-valuing as well, but not leading. No real problem with Si-leading. Temperament-wise, I agree with the others, since IP does sound pretty good for you.

You seem to think very highly of yourself, and less of others. You come across rather rude.
    You judge Ryan's credibility based on his registration date and post count? Weird. And besides that, he can also make a guess if he wants, this is an open thread. Just because you're dead sure or don't agree with him does not mean this case is closed.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you were being rude. I replied honestly and somewhat in an amused manner. I'm not all that interested in you, but what do I know about you? You may turn out to be a very cool guy. Also, my second quote wasn't meant as an insult. I was merely describing your use of the functions. I think the Super-Ego Block is referred to as childish in some texts, but I'm not all that sure, It could be another block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast