Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Suptypes?

  1. #1
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default Suptypes?

    where are the subtypes for each type? Where did you find them?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Subtypes

    Subtypes are under the types in the Quadras, for example ENFP:
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=660#660
    And INTJ:
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=585#585
    They are all controversial and not always all that useful.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson


  3. #3
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    thanks!!! And what do you think of very decisive INTJ? I met once a guy who really sounds as an INTJ but he really is decisive (makes decisions quickly and stands for it), quite agressive i'd say... poker-face too and sounded romantic at first. When i said "i don't care", he choosed... He likes spending time alone, with his family a few friends, he likes calm environnements, reading, exercising... Rather NT too i guess... Does it sound INTJ?

  4. #4
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    thanks!!! And what do you think of very decisive INTJ? I met once a guy who really sounds as an INTJ but he really is decisive (makes decisions quickly and stands for it), quite agressive i'd say... poker-face too and sounded romantic at first. When i said "i don't care", he choosed... He likes spending time alone, with his family a few friends, he likes calm environnements, reading, exercising... Rather NT too i guess... Does it sound INTJ?
    Sounds more like ENTJ but too little information to be sure. What little I've read before of your situation with this guy made me think likewise. Also... people tend to have affairs with their relations of benefit but relations of supervision are rarely romantically interesting. Of course... accidents happen and there's always physical attraction... Anyway, good luck on your affairs.

  5. #5
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    Well, yes... i don't have any relatinship to him anymore... And i agrre with you! Relationships that way are not interesting!
    But i thought he might be INTJ since he left parties when people did not have any interesting conversations and because a work psychologist said he tends to follow his own ways (but being rather agressive) rather than basing his decisions on team opinion... I thought this might rather sound INTJ.. but on the other hand, during the few time i spent with him, i got impressed and on the same time scared by his very decisive attitude...

  6. #6
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    Well, yes... i don't have any relatinship to him anymore... :P And i agrre with you! Relationships that way are not interesting!
    But i thought he might be INTJ since he left parties when people did not have any interesting conversations and because a work psychologist said he tends to follow his own ways (but being rather agressive) rather than basing his decisions on team opinion... I thought this might rather sound INTJ.. but on the other hand, during the few time i spent with him, i got impressed and on the same time scared by his very decisive attitude...
    INTJ's only get assertive and aggressive when you challege their claims that Acne comes from having herpes or whatever nutty theory they have in their minds. Your friend would have been an ENTJ.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  7. #7
    Creepy-An other ENFP

    Default

    Wow! Great that we broke up! I don't like ENTJs mentality ! :wink:

  8. #8
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An other ENFP
    Wow! Great that we broke up! I don't like ENTJs mentality ! :wink:
    Lol, whatever. I'm an ENTJ and for a long while the friend I most loved and appreciated was ENFP. Feeling was mutual but sex was bad. A benefit relation needs some distance but with mutual respect it can be very energizing.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    INTJ's only get assertive and aggressive when you challege their claims that Acne comes from having herpes or whatever nutty theory they have in their minds. Your friend would have been an ENTJ.
    That is a bunch of shit your friend sounds like what some may call the Ti subtype of the INTJ. He could be ENTj too but an overly analytical INTJ that is very "decisive" is common also but when they keep it up for long periods of time it is very stressful. I was like this for many years of my life and I think it is quite frequent among INTJs living with people with in their ego.

  10. #10
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    INTJ's only get assertive and aggressive when you challege their claims that Acne comes from having herpes or whatever nutty theory they have in their minds. Your friend would have been an ENTJ.
    That is a bunch of shit your friend sounds like what some may call the Ti subtype of the INTJ. He could be ENTj too but an overly analytical INTJ that is very "decisive" is common also but when they keep it up for long periods of time it is very stressful. I was like this for many years of my life and I think it is quite frequent among INTJs living with people with :Se: in their ego.
    Lol, proved my point perfectly
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  11. #11
    Creepy-Earl60861

    Default Hey!

    Quote Originally Posted by An other ENFP
    Wow! Great that we broke up! I don't like ENTJs mentality ! :wink:
    Hey hey now! Don't disrespect the ENTJs, we'll pwn your sorry 455 to canada and back if you keep it up. That should put the E in ENTJ for you.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [sarcasm]thanks for the ad hominem comments they're really insightful [/sarcasm]

  13. #13
    Creepy-An other ENTJ

    Default

    Don't disrespect the ENTJs, we'll pwn your sorry 455 to canada and back if you keep it up. That should put the E in ENTJ for you.
    sorry, i did not get what you mean... i am not a native english speaker!!

    Well, i just mean that ENTJs seem to be more authoritarian.. it just scares me, as it scares many Ps i guess!! On the other hand, i always get impressed by decisive people, like many Ps... It is kinda mixed feelings attraction/fright. But i especially don't like that they need to decide everything, to keep an eye on everything and do not delegate.
    Well, but the fact that this friend followed his ways? Is that rather INTJ or rather ENTJ?

  14. #14
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    sorry! got confused.. You understood that the person above is not an other ENTJ but an other ENFP, of course!

  15. #15
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    [sarcasm]thanks for the ad hominem comments they're really insightful :rolleyes:[/sarcasm]
    Ad hominem means an argument in which the argument itself is tried to prove wrong or correct by attributes of whom said it.

    I expect that you are referring with this to my earlier comment in which I claimed that your opposition was proof to my previous claims. You proved that you were upset and aggravated by using four-letter-words. You showed that your aggressiveness was due to you seeing information which was not congruent with your own theory. So if you check what happened, you will see that what happened was an INTJ getting angry at someone saying something to debunk his theory and this was exactly what I claimed is truth. Therefore you proved my point not by your words but with your actions. And now you are also misapplying the ad hominem error.

    You will also note that I did not claim that INTJ are not aggressive. I made a claim that certain requirements are needed to set an INTJ off.

    You know ENTJ love to see emotional responses. Your Fi is making your Ti very sloppy. It's cute and endearing. Please don't take this stuff too seriously :)
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  16. #16
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An other ENTJ
    Don't disrespect the ENTJs, we'll pwn your sorry 455 to canada and back if you keep it up. That should put the E in ENTJ for you.
    sorry, i did not get what you mean... i am not a native english speaker!!

    Well, i just mean that ENTJs seem to be more authoritarian.. it just scares me, as it scares many Ps i guess!! On the other hand, i always get impressed by decisive people, like many Ps... It is kinda mixed feelings attraction/fright. But i especially don't like that they need to decide everything, to keep an eye on everything and do not delegate.
    Well, but the fact that this friend followed his ways? :? Is that rather INTJ or rather ENTJ?
    We're just having fun. Don't mind the weird stuff.

    Most of the attributes you describe can be seen in both ENTJ and INTJ. What really got me thinking, the person was ENTJ was that benefactor relations seem to have more love-hate spark than supervisor relations and also that you mentioned the person was a romantic. That's one of the defining ENTJ attributes connected to their childish love with love itself and tendency to try to achieve impossible things. Some people also refer to the mystic-sounding Ni quality with this adjective. Small but clear evidence and you've said nothing that actually contradicts the idea of him being ENTJ.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    You proved that you were upset and aggravated by using four-letter-words. You showed that your aggressiveness was due to you seeing information which was not congruent with your own theory.
    Heh I had just finished a post that had made me all flustered (ENFP_seeks_INTJ post) the curse word had nothing to do with your post except that it seemed appropriate at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    You know ENTJ love to see emotional responses. Your Fi is making your Ti very sloppy. It's cute and endearing. Please don't take this stuff too seriously
    And by the way how should I respond to comments like this as it seems any sort of response would be taken as further "proof" of whatever I am "supposed to be"?

    I also thought I should give an other ENFP an INTJ perspective on potential INTJ behavior that way he/she did not have overly stereotypical views about the types.

  18. #18
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    thanks to both of you. He might be a mix between INTJ/ENTJ maybe a borderline...
    When he cut off with me, he just cut off like a INTJ. Mean : no explanations, just cut off and since that : nothing... And i really had to ask quite a lot for explanations to get some, which were not really explanations actually.
    Maybe he is not an INTJ, since i got to slowly into the relationship, i guess (still confused after 6 months and not really into it... ). He can start dating (real date like bf/gf) a girl after a few weeks (does not need months for that).
    He is professionnally very ambitious, works hard and have a very good position after a few years of working in his area.
    During a conversation, he quickly stopped me to to make a joke, he really is funny, i like his humour of course, but i never got to know him enough to see if he is that way with me only... or with other people too. He is very bright and understands everything, every situations and its implications immediatly. He does not like hard and demanding people... He is very understanding about power abuse on people.



    (yeah Pedro, I am a "she"! )

  19. #19
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    thanks to both of you. He might be a mix between INTJ/ENTJ maybe a borderline...
    I want to be an ISFP-ENTJ borderline

    No, really, there's no such thing as an INTJ/ENTJ borderline case. They can give you the same kind of feel and do many similar things but their reasons and thought patterns are like ice and fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    During a conversation, he quickly stopped me to to make a joke, he really is funny, i like his humour of course, but i never got to know him enough to see if he is that way with me only... or with other people too.
    Humor is very subjective. My guess is ENFP would understand jokes of both ENTJ and INTJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    He is very bright and understands everything, every situations and its implications immediatly. He does not like hard and demanding people... He is very understanding about power abuse on people.
    Again very subjective stuff. Still, ENTJ tend to understand situations better as they are dynamic things. INTJ understand static things better. But again, the difference there is a bit fuzzy and hard to quantify. ENFP and ENTJ share more of the same morals and have more similar feelings about what is wisdom and what is power abuse. INTJ power TI feels to an ENTJ like a punishment and whereas ENTJ power Te is kind of mysterious and positive to the ENFP. INTJ and ENTJ seem to agree that the other one is the prime abuser of power in the world.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    thanks to both of you. He might be a mix between INTJ/ENTJ maybe a borderline...
    I want to be an ISFP-ENTJ borderline

    No, really, there's no such thing as an INTJ/ENTJ borderline case. They can give you the same kind of feel and do many similar things but their reasons and thought patterns are like ice and fire.
    Finally we agree on something

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    INTJ and ENTJ seem to agree that the other one is the prime abuser of power in the world.
    I always thought it was the ESTPs even before I knew what an ESTP meant if you follow.

  21. #21
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    So? What can a INTJ be borderline to? Or an ENTJ?

    Well, yes i understand! It does make more sense to be a borderline ENFP/ENTP since both types have a lot in common concerning fonctions.

    Well, what do you mean with supervisor/benefactor?

    And what does an ESTP mean if you follow?

  22. #22
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    Oh yeah! I forgot, this guy would go to parties but leave them, if they were no interesting conversations... I thought, this might be a I trait... priorising conversations over being with people and having fun... And he loves "deep" conversations

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally don't really believe in the whole "borderline" thing (except in severe cases of mental disorder) maybe smiling holds differing views I dunno.

    On the supervisor/benefactor thing an ENFP is the benefactor of an ENTJ and has the INTJ as supervisor.

    You can read more about relations of supervision and benefit here:

    http://socionics.com/rel/rel.htm

    What does ESTP mean? heh better ask an ESTP ;P

    Oftentimes I use statments like that to justify leaving/not going to a social function. It's partly because it is true we do enjoy "deep" conversations but also it is partly because we don't know anything else to talk about and not being able to talk about those things makes us feel unwanted. I'm sure all the T types do something similar however so don't take that to mean that your friend is INTJ.

  24. #24
    Creepy-an other ENFP

    Default

    oh ok! And the fact that he really is observant about mimic, gesture, facial expresion of other people and how they stand, how they move and so on...?

  25. #25
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    INTJ and ENTJ seem to agree that the other one is the prime abuser of power in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    I always thought it was the ESTPs even before I knew what an ESTP meant if you follow.
    You make a good case. Evil equals ESTP > ISTJ > INTJ > ENTP. Good enough for me

    INTJ are more often in power than are ESTPs though so I have to consider quantity as well as quality of power abuse

    I still say you're an ENTJ btw
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  26. #26
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by an other ENFP
    So? What can a INTJ be borderline to? Or an ENTJ? :P
    The only case where I can get a feeling of continuous distribution between types is with mirror types. Something like... 1. Intuitive ENTP -> 2. Thinking ENTP -> 3. Intuitive INTJ -> 4. Thinking INTJ.

    It is doubtable though whether even that is an accurate portrayal of objective fact. All other separations between types are definite.
    Another thing is that any type can play at being another type for a time. It will make him feel bad and some of his normal behaviour will leak through but it can be done. This does not change the person's true type of course.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    I still say you're an ENTJ btw
    I still wonder why you think so :|

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An other ENFP
    Wow! Great that we broke up! I don't like ENTJs mentality ! :wink:
    Yeah well being with an ENFP is like being with a kid who THINKS s/he can understand you and control you via your emotions. But an ENTJ is not easily fooled

    The ENTJ-ENFP relationship is a peculiar one. I get very irritated by ENFP's, they just seem to have a lack of respect for things. And they're always complaining and whining about everyone Anybody that doesn't function like them is "bad". They are SO biased. They irritate me no end.

  29. #29
    Creepy-An other ENFP

    Default

    Well, sorry that you took this sentence so seriously! Anyway.... ENFPs are mostly non-judmental (that's the N and the P with the F and the E together... ), except when their freedom is controlled... But ENFP are usually very tolerant and open to others and their point of views (except also if this point of views are intolerant! )

  30. #30
    Creepy-An other ENFP

    Default

    So... since you are an ENTJ, what do you think of this guy i mentionned above? INTJ? ENTJ? Your brother or your ennemy?

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uggggh. Try this highly scientific test:

    Does his mouth move like this (ENTj) or like this (INTj)?

  32. #32
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    Uggggh. Try this highly scientific test:

    Does his mouth move like this (ENTj) or like this (INTj)?

    Lololloolllloollllllll!!!!!!!! Thanks! But what's about extraverting introvert then? Or introverting extravert? :wink:

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    Uggggh. Try this highly scientific test:

    Does his mouth move like this (ENTj) or like this (INTj)?

    Lololloolllloollllllll!!!!!!!! Thanks! But what's about extraverting introvert then? Or introverting extravert? :wink:
    Scientific test n°2: secretly record his facial expressions with his webcam. If he smiles all the time, he's one of US!

    Apart from that... hmm... does he talk all the time when you're talking about something interesting? I mean do you have to compete for conversational space ?
    Eidos(entj)

  34. #34
    Creepy-An other ENFP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos

    Scientific test n°2: secretly record his facial expressions with his webcam. If he smiles all the time, he's one of US!

    Apart from that... hmm... does he talk all the time when you're talking about something interesting? I mean do you have to compete for conversational space ?
    Eidos(entj)
    Loolll Thank you so much for helping me on a so simple way... i'll beginn to believe ENTJ are great! :wink:

    No, he really listens well.. that's something i like about him. He pays attention to what you are saying, listens carefully... but sometimes he interrupts me with a very funny joke... i like it too... But he does not like "whole" in a conversation... or he feels bad when they are some. So whenever we have nothing to say, he is aksing me about something i did the week before, or whatever... So we start talking again... He somehow feels insecure, when we don't talk anymore, as if it were a bad sign to him.... But even there, he centers himself on me, what i did, what i think and so on...

    And about facial expression : i am not sure. Since he works in a field related to communication, I guess, he learned to show some facial expressions, even if he is introverted anyway...

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do that. Even though he is "focusing on you" you are doing all of the talking and that takes the pressure off of him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •