Hey guys! I haven't had internet in a few days. Anyway, here's something I was thinking about today. The functions in terms of the elements of a folk hero. And I was hoping you guys could help me develop this better.

Here's a rough draft. I try to describe examples of where a certain aspect of a hero would go, sometimes specific sometimes general.

1 Leading - The philosophy of the hero
This is the ultimate code that the hero measures their actions against. For example, Robin Hood's ultimate goal is to help those in need.

2 Creative - The abilities of the hero
This is the primary tool that the hero uses to solve problems. Once again using the example of Robin Hood, he is a skilled archer.

3 Role - The challenges of the hero
This is something that the villain takes advantage of that the hero must overcome. Suppose the hero is trapped in a prison cell and does not know how to pick a lock, and is not particularly nimble. He keeps practicing and ultimately picks the lock, after many failures. (Not the best example, but all I could think of.)

4 Vulnerable - The fatal flaw of the hero
This is a weakness that the hero is unlikely to overcome, even in dire circumstances. A dilemma involving this function is usually the climax of the story. An example that comes to mind is Superman's kryptonite. The only way for Superman to defeat it is if someone else helps him.

5 Suggestive - The goal of the hero
This is something that the hero did not have in the beginning and did not expect to have in the end, but actually wanted all along. For example, suppose the hero is trying to save someone simply as a matter of duty. Ultimately, they fall in love with the person and marry them.

6 Mobilizing - Relief for the hero
This is what the hero must sacrifice during his quest, but is able to have back after completing it. This indicates that there is falling tension in the story. For example, if the hero is a father who must go out and fight for his country, the relief would be spending time with his family.

7 Ignoring - The antagonist of the hero
This is the philosophy that the hero dislikes, and takes a strong stand against it. He does not have trouble with this however, since it's mostly just mooks. This may be an evil empire that the hero is fighting against.

8 Demonstrative - The hidden skill of the hero
This is an ability that the hero had the whole time, but never would have thought to use it because it is opposite of the skill they typically use. It is sort of like a puzzle. An important note is that the hero does not really try to learn something about themselves by using this, and just moves on. For example, suppose the hero is really good at jumping. The villain traps the hero in a hole that is too deep to jump out of. The hero tries really hard to jump out, but fails. Eventually, he decides to climb the walls of the hole instead of jumping. He is entirely successful, to his surprise, but just moves on and starts jumping again. (This is probably the weirdest example. I really couldn't think of anything better.)

So, tell me what you think >_>