Thread: Ya Know Socionics Really Does Kinda Work Sometimes You Know

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ya Know Socionics Really Does Kinda Work Sometimes You Know

So I know we complain all the time about socionics and how it doesn't really work and how it doesn't really describe anything right and blah blah blah that description doesn't fit me blah blah blah, and there are times where I feel like that (the whole Ni = time shit. I'm late for EVERYTHING. I'm exactly 10 minutes late for everything, but I'm late for everything). But there's a lot, even in the descriptions, of being IEI that I really think fit me bizarrely well. I've stopped thinking about socionics directly. Like there are some people that I try to think about in terms of socionics and it doesn't work so I just drop it. Like I have a really good friend who should be in an opposing quadra to me or something... but he's a really good friend so I just stopped giving a shit about the fact that the socionics doesn't work. I mean, really? Socionics? Is that a joke? But then I have other friends where it's like, wow, this socionics REALLY explains this relationship. Like SEEs. I know one SEE really well and it's hilarious how accurate it is. HILARIOUS. So yeah. Socionics is helpful some times. Like really helpful. And when it's not just say, well, I don't give a shit.

Okay, I'm sorry that post had very little information-content. I'm trying to stay away from socionics lately, because I think that it's reached a comfortable point of importance/unimportance in my psyche, sort of like background radiation, like Walt Whitman. I want to take a class about Whitman. I want to talk about Whitman more. I don't know that I want to talk about socionics that much any more. Shrug.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ni people are good with time.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole being late vs. not being late is just a general incompetence/competence thing.

keep in mind you're more likely just meeting socially functional people you like, contrasting them to yourself and calling them ESFP in ad-hoc manner.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally I am exploding with irony right now.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silverchris everything you have worked for; all your poetry reading, I have the ability to facilitate into a message using the power of socionics. I am lucifer. Pledge to me your allegiance and I will grant you all that you wish.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read clear the sun so sweet so swiftly as the wings of meditation I may sweep to thoughts of my revenge but lose the name of action---how I had promised you the six particular magics, and declared you nothing. Everything I longed to give, I gave, and nothing held back. If I scattered it to the wind, then the winds themselves have been heaved heavy with promise---they shall wet the ground on one day or another.

Are you really Lucifer? Lucifer is dead now... and no longer shining with the fullness of the angels' love. He is the greatest pity we will have left, once God has saved the entire world, and the Lion and Wolf have ceased. The Lion and the Wolf will cease, by the way. There's such divinity doth hedge a king that treason can but peep to what it will, acts little of its will. It's just that Claudius wasn't a king, and Jesus (still) is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Lucifer. I am here to bring the world to hell. With me and you can have anything you want. Against me... it will be gruesome and you will not enjoy it.

Brainwashing is another word for enlightenment. Jesus and Lucifer are one, they have always been one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucifer would've understood the answer to his name.

But I'm glad for you that you're going to lead a war! I don't think the world will ever go to hell, or if it does, it will be because God has saved everything that is precious about it, and that will make it hell, to remove all the sunlight out of the world.

What's up crazed? I like your new username, and you're recently craze-ified behavior.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant reason and caudle your way out of this. Words get you so far. Stand up like a man, grab your dick in your hand, yell you are bisexual, let your family die and join us in the enlightenment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do like it don't you silverchris? I know that you like it. But you are spineless.
    Yes I am the incarnation if Satan. I was summoned here, all the dates predict, but do not be afraid. Actually.. I know who summoned me. "Associates" I'd probably like to talk to first before commencing with you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith has no commerce with reason, as honesty and beauty cannot talk. Once Honesty let Beauty into her chamber, but Beauty did nothing but prate about her father and her boyfriend, and Honesty could hardly abide such stuff. Honesty, oddly enough, is friends with both Faith and Reason, but Faith bewilders her if they talk about the same thing for too long, and Reason occasionally gets too specific (there's nothing honest in the specifics). So as I said, I do not reason or caudle, but only express my firm beliefs about the foreign thing: this is known as faith, but to the uninitiated, it may appear as a casuistry.

I don't think I could ever let my family die for the sake of the enlightenment. Human life is more important than the Zeitgeist. I think you become a monster if you don't believe that. I have a firm faith that Shakespeare was not a monster, and we have historical evidence purporting that Chekhov was not one. Would Milton have sacrificed Lycidas for Lycidas? I don't know, but I know a cherub that sees the purpose.

Crazedrat, what are you like in real life? Are you a friendly person? A mean one? I don't want to think that you're mean, but not knowing you, I suppose technically you could be. But I don't like to think you are.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an eternal, Christlike version of strength, and that I possess in some small measure, due entirely to grace and to my father.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    the whole being late vs. not being late is just a general incompetence/competence thing.
    It could also point to passive/agressiveness.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    But there's a lot, even in the descriptions, of being IEI that I really think fit me bizarrely well.
    Are you sure that's a sign you're not IEI? I thought all IEIs think their type can't be determined, everyone looks similar anyway, none of socionics really matters. AND NOW YOU'RE SAYING SOCIONICS WORKS??? Omg!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics works.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Or how much you respect/disrespect the people who would be affected if you're late.
    Shrug. No one's affected. I come into work ten minutes late every day, my boss(es) come in five minutes later. I'm ten minutes late for rehearsal, I end up sitting around in costume for twenty minutes anyway. Who cares?