Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default October 28th, 2011

What do you think of this video?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a big fan of returning to one. Or the divine and his plans. Or fatalism.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, jesus, that was just...terrible.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I don't entirely disagree with you guys. This is an example of a video my ex-boyfriend would post on (his) facebook. I personally don't find it comforting, and it actually kind of makes me anxious/nervous/stressed out just watching/listening to it. I'm not really that big into mysticism and metaphysics, etc. although I was a bit more when I was younger. Not to mention I also have a really hard time with trying to meditate or clear my mind/thoughts.

To be honest, I haven't really been that interested in this kind of stuff (including astrology too) for years, yet here are some quotes from another site:

http://innerself.com/content/horosco...younghans.html

'PLUTO, as planetary ruler of Scorpio, guides our journey throughout the coming month. In mythology, Pluto was the god of the underworld, where all souls traveled after their physical death. Is it any surprise that two of the holidays associated with this month are Halloween and All Saints' Day?

Accordingly, Scorpio themes include what some would call the "darker" side of our physical and emotional worlds. This sign compels us to confront aspects of ourselves that we may not particularly like -- the parts of us that we have sequestered deep in our unconscious, where we believed they were contained.

Under Scorpio's reign -- and especially if we are also working with a Pluto transit -- those hidden aspects can come unexpectedly to the surface. We may see a side of ourselves that is controlling, manipulative, angry, fearful, resentful, jealous, or even revenge-seeking. Or, we may see these traits played out in the world around us, as a reflection of the aspects of ourselves we have not yet learned to love.

THIS IS WHERE the positive traits of Scorpio come into play. It takes a great deal of courage to be completely honest with ourselves, to acknowledge our deeper motivations and be willing to reveal who we really are -- equal parts of what we may judge as "good" and "bad." Scorpio has all the determination, intensity and insight needed for accessing these deeper levels of the psyche, as well as the perseverance needed for doing the work of release and healing.

When we emerge on the other side of this journey into our personal "underworld," the new self that emerges may feel like a brand new being -- whole and empowered, no longer controlled by unprocessed emotions or distracted by inner conflict and judgments.

SCORPIO is the only sign of the traditional zodiac that has two animal symbols: the Scorpion and the Eagle. Within these two animals are carried the extreme negative and positive characteristics of Scorpio -- the quick-to-sting qualities of a scorpion and the clear vision and perspective of an eagle. Perhaps it is because Scorpio can so rapidly go to extremes in either direction that early astrologers found it necessary to provide two options.

IN MODERN TIMES, the Phoenix has become a third widely-used symbol for Scorpio -- and provides more insights into this often enigmatic sign. The Phoenix must go through the fires of transformation as part of its life cycle, and is seemingly consumed by the flames on its way to becoming All It Can Be.

And yet, as with all apparent "death," there is rebirth to follow. The Phoenix is reborn from the ashes of the life that preceded, symbolizing the opportunity for renewal that deep, transformative change can provide.

The month of Scorpio reminds us that just as the Phoenix surrenders to the flames in the knowing of its greater destiny, we also must surrender to the changes that are occurring. Scorpio can help us let go of previous self-definitions, increasing our intuitive knowing that through this release, we can become more than we might currently imagine.

As we more fully accept and integrate all aspects of our being, we step into a more empowered version of our Self. And, like the Phoenix that emerges from the ashes, we can become more aware of the Magic that supports us.'

"It appears that our egos (represented by Mars) are learning a bit of a lesson in humility. There's much more going on than we may have realized, and there's no shame in admitting that fact. And, we can't always be in control of what happens next, especially when other people are involved (Mars square Venus/Mercury).

We can also benefit this week from a ready willingness to laugh at ourselves and our humanness. If the choice is between maintaining a false dignity and acknowledging our weaknesses, Mars is telling us that we may want to choose the latter..."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex-boyfriend's exact words regarding that 'Quickening' video he posted on (his) facebook were -- "beautiful presentation on the mayan calander, and future events."
    Last edited by HERO; 10-29-2011 at 12:06 AM.

wtf i aint no gonna watch no quickening video it's only 14 months till the real thing don't gimme that kind of bs ok srsly

btw agape dunno why but i used to think that you are that Newborn Star kid .of course there is always a chance that you are actually NS with a bf.that is great.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    wtf i aint no gonna watch no quickening video it's only 14 months till the real thing don't gimme that kind of bs ok srsly
    lol pretty much
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liek agape
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is Buddhist philosophy?

Creepy-male

I don't know I'm not totally against the subject matter, but I find the way its talked about is usually a little cheesy or creepy, either they try to make it all new age mystical-like or they make it sound very cult like.

I'm actually interesting in some of the deeper questions to things, but then again I like to remain grounded.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    I don't know I'm not totally against the subject matter, but I find the way its talked about is usually a little cheesy or creepy, either they try to make it all new age mystical-like or they make it sound very cult like.
    yeah, that's the main problem. all that really matters is that evolutionary cycles follow a basic pattern, and thus the composite actions of a social memory complex create a specific completion/inception point.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

Social memory could be explained through the evolution of varying parts of the brain at different key points in evolution where certain species diverged from a common ancestor.

The most obvious example of this that comes to mind is the "Reptilian Brain", it is typically called that because that specific part of the brain existed in reptiles but not in species previous to reptiles. These brain systems have been known to influence cognition as well. The Reptilian brain is associated to aggression, power, survival, involuntary movements, etc. These systems are regulated networks of neurons which use chemical in our blood and endocrine systems to tweak connections between this vast network. Mind altering chemicals excite certain systems more, producing a noticable and communicative change in cognitive experience. Each of these chemical systems would have appeared at different times in evolution.

The way these chemical systems appear at different times in social history probably has a large impact on sociology/antropology as well as well as the reverse, the history of our species probably has driven our evolution organically.

Off topic, but ftr I think the reptilian brain is probably activated in certain people when mythical symbolism is instilled in them. For example symbols of power such as a nation's flag, a police uniform, a statusy car, a religious relic, a holy site of land, or a cross. Especially noticing how the ocipital lobe is located right next to the reptilian brain.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Social memory could be explained through the evolution of varying parts of the brain at different key points in evolution where certain species diverged from a common ancestor.
    Biogenesis:The supposed recurrence of the evolutionary stages of a species during the embryonic development and differentiation of a member of that species.

an interesting phenomenon, given the recurrence of certain instincts and their mythical correlatives.

the main issue with a common ancestor, insofar as darinism is concerned, is that the trace inevitably leads to some kind of gelatinous protoplasm found in the ocean depths, never something that even halfway explains the immense gap between our supposed anthropoid ancestors and chimps.

The most obvious example of this that comes to mind is the "Reptilian Brain", it is typically called that because that specific part of the brain existed in reptiles but not in species previous to reptiles. These brain systems have been known to influence cognition as well. The Reptilian brain is associated to aggression, power, survival, involuntary movements, etc. These systems are regulated networks of neurons which use chemical in our blood and endocrine systems to tweak connections between this vast network. Mind altering chemicals excite certain systems more, producing a noticable and communicative change in cognitive experience. Each of these chemical systems would have appeared at different times in evolution.
    well, 'species previous to reptiles' is somewhat redundant, because you're either dealing with insignificant ones or prehistoric types who probably had similar capacities to what the reptilian brain grants.

and yeah, it's indispensable to any terrestrial creature; sex, hunger and territory are perceived as the same thing for efficiency.

lsd is an interesting chemical because it excites both the lower and higher brain functions to about the same degree. there have been times where I've seen various animals moving through people in a figurative evolution over many years, while aiding a therapeutic process of the trip that ended up feeling very integrated and empathic.

The way these chemical systems appear at different times in social history probably has a large impact on sociology/antropology as well as well as the reverse, the history of our species probably has driven our evolution organically.
    yeah, the discovery/creation of one thing immediately implies all its predecessors which then opens up an array of potential, so it's pretty much the 'as above, so below' law of analogy.

Off topic, but ftr I think the reptilian brain is probably activated in certain people when mythical symbolism is instilled in them. For example symbols of power such as a nation's flag, a police uniform, a statusy car, a religious relic, a holy site of land, or a cross. Especially noticing how the ocipital lobe is located right next to the reptilian brain.
    indeed. and those images are perceived neutrally until hardwired through more 'advanced' areas of the brain and associated with emotional responses defined by certain environments. fear-based programming is the basis of routine, as only the forebrain can transcend the fight-or-flight response to apparent threats. also, sacred geometry influences this in correspondence with the basic proportions of the human frame that are configured by occult symbols such as the swastika, cross etc. in patterns that then can be filtered through sound and finally action, lol. quite a process.
    Last edited by strrrng; 10-29-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    i liek agape
    Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post

btw agape dunno why but i used to think that you are that Newborn Star kid .of course there is always a chance that you are actually NS with a bf.that is great.
    Thanks. You're both very kind. Yet sorry to disappoint, I'm not Newborn Star (although he has interesting ideas/insights and is far more original than I am); and I currently don't have a boyfriend. I think being celibate/abstinent/single is the best path for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    So this is Buddhist philosophy?
    I think it has some elements of Buddhist philosophy, although it also has quotes from Aboriginal people, as well as new age interpretations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post

I'm actually interesting in some of the deeper questions to things, but then again I like to remain grounded.
    I was impressed by the dialogue between HaveLucidDreamz and strrrng. Very philosophically, intellectually, scientifically advanced -- at least for me anyway.

I think a lot of new age or cult-like stuff can serve as a regression to an infantile state. The primary motivation is escapism. It is a form of denial. The truth is more painful than mysticism et al. It is easier to always feel guilty, insignificant, inconspicuous, or dissociated, unreal, imaginary. Thus these illusions can serve the role of (comforting soothing) parent-substitutes, or a cult can be akin to a (dysfunctional) family. Either way, it perpetuates the childhood helplessness, and the state of not being able to think for oneself, being dependent in many ways, always having to align one`s actions to a higher collective goal, etc.

- from The Untouched Key: Tracing Childhood Trauma in Creativity and Destructiveness; pp. 59-60 [(PART ONE – Repressed Childhood Experiences in Art)]: It is easier to search for a way out in mysticism, whereby the person can close his eyes and conceal the truth in eloquent symbolic images. Yet sometimes this approach becomes virtually intolerable too because the power of the quite prosaic truth, the truth of the “little self” so disdained by the mystics, can be inexorable. Particularly for people who at some point in their childhood experienced loving care, this truth won’t allow itself to be silenced completely, even with the help of poetry, philosophy, or mystical experiences. It insists on being heard, like every child whose voice has not been completely destroyed.

- from Paths of Life by Alice Miller; pp. 141-143 (Gurus and Cult Leaders: How They Function): Many problems appear in a new light when we look to childhood as a source of possible explanations. We are living in an age in which democracies are gaining the upper hand over dictatorships. At the same time the cult-group phenomenon is an indication that there is a growth in the number of totalitarian systems to which people voluntarily submit themselves. People growing up in a spirit of liberty and tolerance, accepted in childhood for what they are, rather than being throttled and stunted by their upbringing, would hardly place themselves at the mercy of a cult group of their own accord. And if by chance or skillful manipulation, they did fall afoul of such an organization, they certainly would not stay there very long.
    But many people joining such groups seem completely indifferent to the fact that their new surroundings are powered by mechanisms expressly designed to subjugate them, to rob them of the freedom to think, to act, and to feel as they see fit. They seem completely impervious to the fact that such groups set out to impose an Orwellian form of surveillance and a demand for mindless obedience from which the prospects of escaping are more or less nil. Years of brainwashing and indoctrination ensure that the victims are kept unaware of the insidious harm being done to their personalities. They have no notion of the price they have paid for their malleability because they have no notion that there is any alternative.
    The thing that concerns me most about cult groups is the unconscious manipulation that I have described in detail in my work. It is the way in which the repressed and unreflected childhood biographies of parents and therapists influence the lives of children and patients entrusted to their care without anyone involved actually realizing it. At first glance, it may seem as if what goes on in cults and cultlike therapy groups takes place on a different level from the unconscious manipulation of children by their parents. We assume that in the former instance we are in the presence of an intentional, carefully planned, and organized form of manipulation aimed at exploiting the specific predicament of individuals.
    In my view, however, this allegedly conscious exploitation can also be traced back to unconscious motives . . . In the end they themselves became the victims of a process with an inexorable logic of its own, a process they were unaware of because they had never given it any thought.
    Thus they sparked off a conflagration they were unable to control, much less extinguish. First, they had learned how to reduce people to the emotional state of a helpless child. Once they had achieved that, they also learned how to use unconscious regression to exercise total control over their victims. From then on, what they did seemed to come automatically, in accordance with the child-rearing patterns instilled into them in their own childhood.

- pp. 144-145: With cult leaders it is very difficult to say where the conscious ends and the unconscious begins. Many gurus are driven by forces they are not aware of. If this were not the case, they would not feel constrained to build up systems so intricate that they can be maintained only by destructive means. With normal, conscious, systematic planning it would not be necessary to proceed so elaborately. The gurus end up enmeshed in the webs they have woven. The examples are legion. A case in point, an extreme instance of pathological grandiosity, was the mass murder in Jonestown, Guyana, in the late seventies. Others followed suit. Common to all was the way in which mostly well-meaning but misguided and confused people sacrificed their own lives to salvage their belief in the sincerity of one obsessed individual -- death as a means of preserving an illusion to the bitter end.
    . . . Suicide is the extreme form of self-imposed silence. It is also the course elected by those thirty-nine young people who took their own lives in a luxury villa in San Diego in 1997.
    I do not believe that material greed alone is an adequate explanation for a system of fraud so elaborate as to inevitably involve unnecessary expenditure. The point is that it is not only the victims that lapse back into an infantile state, it is the people behind the system as well . . . They bask in the admiration of their adherents, which they take to be a proof of their exceptional status and thus completely lose touch with reality.
    . . . gurus use paternal or maternal promises of healing and salvation to achieve complete and utter devotion. Regression without awareness, the total relapse into earliest infancy, is the instrument they use to blind the masses and keep them in a state of boundless adulation. This kind of regression makes criticism of parent figures like gurus and “charismatic” political leaders totally impossible. Equally inconceivable is self-criticism on the part of such leaders. It has no chance against the lust for power and the lure of self-aggrandisement.

- p. 146: When ****** painted his glowing vision of a thousand-year Reich free of revolutions, his listeners had no inkling whatever that their beloved -- and allegedly loving -- father was getting ready to send them off to their deaths in the war because his own personal biography willed it so.
    Some people are convinced that so-called deprogramming is the best -- indeed, the only -- prospect of freeing cult group members from their dependency and their psychological blindness. I for my part am an incorrigible believer in the enlightening power of information. If it reaches people at the right moment, it can set off a process of reflection. Depending on the individual`s personal situation, that process of reflection will either be an ongoing process or it will peter out. The effects may also be delayed, deferred until later. The human mind is not a machine, an apparatus that can be repaired via outside agency. It has its own individual history, and that history is the sole basis form which it can operate, the only source for thought and action. Sometimes an emotional shock will enable a person to wake up out of his regression and perceive reality as it is, even if that realization is a painful one.

Anyway, despite the summary of the extreme or dark side of new age, mystical experiences or phenomena that can be distorted or abused by people, there were somethings from the video that I sort of liked:

. . . Humanity`s dualistic perspectives and survival of the fittest mentalities have served to divide the world into dueling pairs of opposites, where many believe that they are good while others are evil, that they are light while others are dark, and that they are right while others are wrong. As a result this divided perspective of existence has every human living for themselves, operating by his own personal will in an attempt to find inner peace by shaping the outer world according to his own likes and dislikes.
    However, what so many people are realizing today is that the peace we seek cannot be found by creating change in the world outside oneself, for true peace can only be found within. And we may see the truth of this when we consider that all around the world there are (nearly) seven billion people who are trying to affect change in the world outside themselves, in order to make others and the world match their vision of what is right, so that they can find peace inside. However, when we realize that there are seven billion people with seven billion different visions of what the world should be like, then we may see that that peace we seek can never be attained by trying to shape the physical world according to our dualistic ideals of right and wrong, as our conflicting views will always result in the paradoxical need to fight for peace. And thus we may see that the only way to find true everlasting peace is to learn to be at peace with the way things are.
    And it is this holistic perspective that all is perfect as is, that is taught in the ancient practices of Buddhism, Daoism, and Yoga, as well as certain Native spiritual traditions . . .