Thread: How introverted can a extrovert be?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How introverted can a extrovert be?

I am an introvert, however, I am very confident with people. I boldly ingore what they think about me, I command people easily, I take center stage with no difficulty. Strangley, when I read my mirror discription (the ENFj) I see myself in it with greater clairity than the IEI (INFp) -

I seem to hit people with a lot of Ti, could that be my dual seeking? Am I an ENFj???

Could my Se be a mobilizing function?

But I swear I am an introvert. How introverted can an extrovert be in Socionics?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverts with a certain level of maturity would have developed their creative and extroverted function where it is able to effectively relate to the world.

You may identify more with EIE because of your Fe development. Either you are Fe-IEI, an IEI who's past the age of 20 (or around there and fairly grown up), or you're just a rather socialized introvert due to upbringing, culture, and friends. The choices you make make you, not the type you are.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,111th post ^^^^
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-pokeball

Ive been highly "introverted" lately -- probably the most in a decade -- but it'll likely subside by next March/April. Ive also been the happiest Ive been in eons. I think its sometimes good for extroverts to just take a mental break. However, Im still highly prone to find external stimuli on a daily basis. Otherwise, I feel like Im suffocating.

I hope that helps answer a niche to your question. Im not sure anyone can answer it fully.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I sure ain't no beta, but your question seems pretty universal.

Basically what octopuslove said, social introversion/extroversion is a different entity from socionics intro/extro. I'd classify myself as a social introvert since being around lots of people at once grows tiring for me, but socionically my overall external energy levels are fairly higher than those of socionics introverts. Likewise, I've known several socionics introverts who are much more socially inclined than me or several other extroverts I know.

Extroversion/introversion pertains to orientation of one's energy, either to discrete blocks of information (extroverted IEs = object IEs, see here for an infinitesimally more informative description of what I mean) or consolidations of many data at once (introverted IEs = field IEs, see link again). Extroverts are, on average, more naturally attuned to these discrete, objectified blocks and thus devote more energy to the pursual of these objects. Introverts, conversely, habitually concern themselves with the aforementioned consolidations of info they're attuned to seeing, so there isn't as much of an active seeking of information as there is an envelopment within it, meaning higher amounts of external stimulation are not as desired or even necessary. Both sides of this dichotomy can coexist with either social gregariousness or social introversion.
    Last edited by Galen; 10-28-2011 at 07:16 AM.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very introverted. Especially if you are Fi/Ti subtype.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How introverted can an introverted be in Socionics?"

As introverted as they damn well please.

http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Creepy-male

As far as socionics is concerned introversion/extroversion has to do with your leading function, not your behavior

My opinion outside of socionics, is that both aspects exist in every personality, in a cycle which maintains a dynamic equilibrium