Thread: Subtype effect in Mirror and Activity relations

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype effect in Mirror and Activity relations

I'ts generally agreed that in activation relationships, it's better to have different subtypes (prod/acc)

Is this the same with mirrors?

My experience is that same subtypes, prod/prod in my case, does give a lot of tension and heated discussions. I'm not familiar if acc/prod would be better.

Does anyone have experience with that relationship?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have experience with mirror relationships, but what interested me is what you said about subtypes and activation. What do you mean by different subtypes? Do you mean "matching" subtypes like let's say ENFp Fi and ESTj Te or the other way round - ENFp Fi and ESTj Si? I think I'm in activity relationship myslef (it can be still duality, I'm not sure).

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch View Post
    I don't have experience with mirror relationships, but what interested me is what you said about subtypes and activation. What do you mean by different subtypes? Do you mean "matching" subtypes like let's say ENFp Fi and ESTj Te or the other way round - ENFp Fi and ESTj Si? I think I'm in activity relationship myslef (it can be still duality, I'm not sure).
    similar subtype means either prod/prod or acc/acc. and differing subtypes means prod/acc or acc/prod. Your example enfp-fi and estj-te is differing subtypes, and therefor a the better kind of activity relationship. subtypes don't have a large effect, but it is clearly there.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    similar subtype means either prod/prod or acc/acc. and differing subtypes means prod/acc or acc/prod. Your example enfp-fi and estj-te is differing subtypes, and therefor a the better kind of activity relationship. subtypes don't have a large effect, but it is clearly there.
    How have you obsereved this difference to manifest itself?

In any case, I think the subtypes will influence the type of relation between partners for example an ENFp Fi and ESTj Te will each give each other something different; the ENFp here will receive more activation whereas the ESTj will get more inetersting inormation(in this case about relations) from the ENFp.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'ts generally agreed that in activation relationships, it's better to have different subtypes (prod/acc)

My experience is that same subtypes, prod/prod in my case, does give a lot of tension and heated discussions. I'm not familiar if acc/prod would be better.

Does anyone have experience with that relationship?
    I've never dated an SLE of either subtype so I'll just talk about work relationships.

both creative is good ime. I worked with an SLE-Ti guy once. The Ti subtype is more grounded, and can even seem SLI-ish at first with a similar sort of steady quietier confidence. Communication was good, and we worked well together. I remember one time, everything was going really smoothly, both of us involved in what we were doing and he says, "This is very zen-like." I also caught him once saying good things about me behind my back, telling some coworkers how impressed he was with my work. The EIE we worked with had a similar effect on both of us. Just from my experience, I found SLE-Ti more relaxing to work with than LSI-Ti (who seemed more critical and rigid to me) but that may just be the individuals I worked with, rather than anything specific to those types. I don't know about SLE-Se, because I can't remember ever working with one, but what I know of them, I'm almost positive the Ti subtype is easier for me to be around.

As that's all just anecdotal with small sample size, it prob. doesn't say anything in general.
    Last edited by squark; 10-24-2011 at 02:22 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it? I couldn't say which is really 'better,' but activation relationships with different subtypes will probably even out to being more activation-ey compared to same subtype activity.

Same as above, although in this case I do imagine that same subtype relations would get along more like identicals. This is a really fluid point for me though, since I tend to go back and forth as to which is really better.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which subtype of your activity and mirror do you prefer?

Last edited by Codie; 01-03-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I prefer Fi-EIIs over Ne-EIIs. Ne-subs hit too close to home in many ways, with both their strenghts and weaknesses.
    With my mirrors I highly admire the Ne-subs and their ablities (that is probably what I'd want to be if I could change my type), but they're often scattered to a point where it's difficult to keep a conversation going and prefer to keep a relatively high psychological distance, so it's easier to get close to and establish lasting, intense friendships with Fi-IEEs. I have one one close Ne-IEE friend (she happens to be a strong SX-dom which helps a lot). All the others are Fi-subs.
    I don't have much experience with SLIs unfortunately, but I have a gut feeling is that it'd be easier to get along with the Te-subtype, as they are more extroverted and maybe more action-oriented? I've never had a chance to get close to a SLI so I don't really know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI's I dunno.... I only get along with them for brief periods of time.

for SEEs, I get along really well with SEE-Fi over Se Subtype.

I don't like pushy people the Se subtype tends to be so.
    LIE-Tes are pushy too.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to like
    SLE-Se
    LSI-Se
    EIE-Ni

LII-Ne
    ILE-Ne

ILI-Ni
    LIE-Ni
    ESI-Fi
    SEE-Fi

SLI-Te
    IEE-Ne

Don't like
    LSE-Te
    SEI-Fe
    ESE-Fe

Don't know or Ambivalent
    Everything Else

*And you can decide my type and my activator and mirror.
    good bye

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Codie; 01-03-2013 at 06:08 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se, EIE-ni. Not sure about EIEs though, haven't met many until now...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to say I wanted IEI-Fe's, but I'm starting to wonder if I just want IEI E2's. Hard to tell.