Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 63

Thread: Gilly is Ti ESTp

  1. #1
    Creepy-female

    Lightbulb Gilly is Ti ESTp

    .
    Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 05:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    0.0
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,774
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    boston huh.fringe is in boston.fringe is nice.
    we -as a collective entity- are against EIEs who look like cats.actually ,EIEs were incarnated as EIEs in order to stop looking like cats.that's ,like,their life lesson.

  4. #4
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ill
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  5. #5
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is the harmonizing subtype, with long head.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  6. #6
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha dolphin you always have a really good way of telling stories and describing things.

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    His girlfriend is tiny and exotic. Like a wood elf. Or a little cat.
    :laugh:

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, i could totally buy that typing: Gilly's always seemed Ep-Xi to me.
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Spaghettios are so much lamer without meatballs. You can barely live off that shit."

    Lmao wtf does that have to do with anything

    I'm curious what gilly has to say about it, or did you mention it to him while you were with him?

  10. #10
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After liking every single post on your thread, I don't feel special anymore. Now I need to find some hard liquor to stave off the feelings of vicarious rejection that comes with knowing that Dolphin only thinks of me as one of her many whores.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  11. #11
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,905
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    kickass dolphin! Sounds like a good time, and an excellent read... I'm gonna have to meet some people here when I get an automobile that's up for the journey...

    I had Gilly in my mind as a Beta Extrotim for damn certain; me and Ashton were talking about it on Stickam one day, I was deadset on Beta, Extrotim, and Negativist, and Ashton was leaning ILE due to temperament and the Fe-related stuff being messy and scattered in a way that would exclude Fe dominance. I mentioned SLE and kept it burning like hell in the back of my mind, I think he saw it as possible; I've been leaning SLE stronger and stronger as time went forwards, and now I can finally nail it down. Off to the typesheets I go then...

  12. #12
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    lol I was eating a can of Spaghettios when I wrote it.
    They're even better heated up!

  13. #13
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so like, he'll travel across the country to meet You, but not a 30min subwaY trip mY waYYY?... fuck You gillY
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all part of the master plan

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does this mean you two can uhhh....

    wait for it....


    ....


    DP SE me?

    (I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy. Always and forever.)

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    So then I realized that Gilly and I were more alike in ways than different
    Sounds great.

  17. #17
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I might be turning into BnD because I want to run from thread to thread posting "I love you dolphin!" a million times. Serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think I might be turning into BnD because I want to run from thread to thread posting "I love you dolphin!" a million times. Serious.
    I mean, shes the balls...

  19. #19
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to adopt her and feed her food that isn't tinned ravioli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well the king of wands is in her future so that will likely change soon...

  21. #21
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So gilly you having dual sex with sam soon?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  22. #22
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    What I realized in the space between the tarot reading from the mad oracle and waiting to hear from a weed dealer that didn't know up from down, was that Gilly's girlfriend was actually 1000x more Ni than Gilly. I also realized that ENxj females are literally like cats.
    Care to explain how she was more Ni?

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    So then I realized that Gilly and I were more alike in ways than different and that his girlfriend zowned us in terms of Ni.
    So you felt more comfortable around someone you've seen talk, at least on an internet forum, for YEARS, and felt a little uncomfortable around someone you just met for the first time...??? no kidding it'd be different! Doesn't mean Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    So then I'm like, well that makes sense, because Gilly eats, breaths, and poops Ti. Thats always been obvious. And he's not Ne. Ne is spacey and delicate and obscure. Ne combines ideas into something you've never heard of and makes jokes that are funny because you've never heard them but also make you scratch your head like wtf?
    I disagree he's been Ti. I agree though he's not Ne, I never bought the ENTp typing. IMO he's still very clearly Beta ENFj.

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Se is like focus. Its a lot of focus that can go anywhere, but Se valuing Eps don't always mete it out optimally. Ni is about priorities. Ni already has their shit straight. They don't need tarot card readings because they're already a walking tarot card. ENxjs care more about discussing violent ways to die so that they would feel truly alive and such.
    Where did you get this? Or just making assumptions about types?

    So you feel because you related to Gilly a bit, 'chaotically', as in 'not having your shit straight', you think that must mean he's NOT Ni? I don't believe there's a correlation between 'having your shit straight' and Ni. I know Ni types aren't bothered as much by certain ideas, but surely a mature ENFj would appear differently than an immature ENFj.

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I high fived Gilly several times during our talks. I don't remember why, but I remember being like "zowned, bitchez!"
    Clearly more proof he's ESTp.

    And you don't remember why? You don't remember everything about meeting him? How are we supposed to trust your judgment, when you're telling a hyped-up, less than half version of what he's really like? You're using selective memory, IMHO.

    I'm glad you had a great time meeting Gilly. I don't think 3/4 of the stuff you described is necessarily socionics-related, much less indicative of a type. I still strongly believe Gilly is ENFj, and Ti-seeking.

  23. #23
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey mountaindew, when girls are being hormonal and stupid, you know they need some gentle loving.

    Don't bombard them with smart questions that they have no way to answer because, as we all know, their brain shuts down during their copulation period.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    So you felt more comfortable around someone you've seen talk, at least on an internet forum, for YEARS, and felt a little uncomfortable around someone you just met for the first time...??? no kidding it'd be different! Doesn't mean Ni.
    Umm, what she said had nothing to do with comfort vs discomfort. She said she was more similar to him than he was to his girlfriend (who is an obvious EIE).


    Where did you get this? Or just making assumptions about types?
    Yeah because someone who has been here 4+ years can't make their own observations and notice similarities and come to conclusions based on that. As you would say,

    So you feel because you related to Gilly a bit, 'chaotically', as in 'not having your shit straight', you think that must mean he's NOT Ni? I don't believe there's a correlation between 'having your shit straight' and Ni. I know Ni types aren't bothered as much by certain ideas, but surely a mature ENFj would appear differently than an immature ENFj.
    What she said actually reminds me of the metaphors expat came up with for the different IMs.
    See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Suppose that the "soccer field" is actually on the deck of the boat. The Ni IP are there on their observation point, watching the Se EP going about getting the ball going. Their role is to warn the Se EP of possible consequences of their actions. The INTp tells the ESFp, "if you try to run that way again, you may fall off the deck"; the INFp tells the ESTp, "watch out about being so rude to that guy, he may go out of his way to be an obstacle, Be nicer to him".
    Clearly more proof he's ESTp.
    My impression was that she was just adding in details of their meeting. It isn't only a thread saying why she thinks gilly is estp, but also explaining some of the things they did.

    And you don't remember why? You don't remember everything about meeting him? How are we supposed to trust your judgment, when you're telling a hyped-up, less than half version of what he's really like? You're using selective memory, IMHO.
    Yes because she has to remember and describe EVERYTHING ABOUT MEETING HIM to get her point across, otherwise what she is saying can't be trusted, lolNiPoLR. (what is "and you don't remember why?" even addressing? It seems like you randomly threw that question in there) Was she supposed to explain the ENTIRE thing? That's ridiculous. I'm sure she would be willing to answer questions, if people had any. How is it a "hyped-up, less than half version of what he's really like" ? Or how is she is using selective memory? Yeah, it's short. So? Does that mean she is solely basing her opinion on what she has written here? Probably not.


    I'm glad you had a great time meeting Gilly. I don't think 3/4 of the stuff you described is necessarily socionics-related, much less indicative of a type. I still strongly believe Gilly is ENFj, and Ti-seeking.
    Again, a lot of it was just about meeting him. And you would know his type because you know him so well, met him, and know anything about socionics?

    Dj still says EIE, and I normally agree with him, but because dolphin met him and says SLE, I'm considering it.. No decision made or anything. It is interesting to point out that Peter doesn't get along with most EIEs, but does get along with George.

  25. #25
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Clearly Jenna is long past her ovulation stage.

    Most males steer clear of women during this period; they are way too intelligent for their own good.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My period tracker says I'm ovulating now

  27. #27
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Come over, I'm hungry.

    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  28. #28
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I'm glad you had a great time meeting Gilly. I don't think 3/4 of the stuff you described is necessarily socionics-related, much less indicative of a type. I still strongly believe Gilly is ENFj, and Ti-seeking.
    Dolphin has a unique and really charming way of writing, and a lot of your complaints are aimed at the charm part of her writing. It isn't all intended to show his type. Some is just part of telling a story.

    (No opinion on his type btw)
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  29. #29
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default Jenna :indifferent:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Umm, what she said had nothing to do with comfort vs discomfort. She said she was more similar to him than he was to his girlfriend (who is an obvious EIE).
    And don't you think subconsciously, you'd be more comfortable with someone you've met before? And someone you can talk socionics with? That obviously influenced and biased her decision-making. Which is important, if you're going to believe her argument based on impressions, and not facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yeah because someone who has been here 4+ years can't make their own observations and notice similarities and come to conclusions based on that. As you would say,
    Te-POLR. Time and experience doesn't mean you truly got it yet. Does a garbage-picker of 20 years experience know how to advise a young person on career paths? Can someone on a socionics forum for 5 years accurately type others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    What she said actually reminds me of the metaphors expat came up with for the different IMs.
    See:
    That's ok if it makes sense to you, I'll agree to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yes because she has to remember and describe EVERYTHING ABOUT MEETING HIM to get her point across, otherwise what she is saying can't be trusted, lolNiPoLR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    My impression was that she was just adding in details of their meeting. It isn't only a thread saying why she thinks gilly is estp, but also explaining some of the things they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Again, a lot of it was just about meeting him.
    She doesn't have to include EVERYTHING. Just maybe something socionics-related, other than deducing that 'high-fiving' must clearly be Se. Do you know what Te-POLR is? Do you realize she wasn't JUST telling details about her visit with Gilly, but that everything was a sub-argument to her overall point, her THREAD TITLE, that Gilly is Ti ESTp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    (what is "and you don't remember why?" even addressing? It seems like you randomly threw that question in there)
    Read better. It was a response to the statement I had quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Was she supposed to explain the ENTIRE thing? That's ridiculous.
    I didn't say she had to explain the entire thing at all. Just would have preferred a more formal argument, as opposed to sloppy impressions. HEY GUYZ, GILLY POOPS TI, AMIRITE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I'm sure she would be willing to answer questions, if people had any. How is it a "hyped-up, less than half version of what he's really like" ? Or how is she is using selective memory?
    Te-POLR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yeah, it's short. So? Does that mean she is solely basing her opinion on what she has written here? Probably not.
    If so, I'd like to know what other factors she's basing it on. That's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    And you would know his type because you know him so well, met him, and know anything about socionics?
    As others say it's good enough, it's easy to type someone on the internet, more than you think. Ask Ashton. I've seen pictures of Gilly, and have read countless posts of his. Fe all over the place! Ti-seeking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Dj still says EIE, and I normally agree with him, but because dolphin met him and says SLE, I'm considering it.. No decision made or anything. It is interesting to point out that Peter doesn't get along with most EIEs, but does get along with George.
    That's fine if you want to consider it, I agree to disagree. I'm just way skeptical of dolphin's sloppy definitions of the functions, and Ni, and ENXj, to trust her opinion.

  30. #30
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Clearly Jenna is long past her ovulation stage.

    Most males steer clear of women during this period; they are way too intelligent for their own good.
    Or still in that stage, as she mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    lol Jenna, thank you for being here to supervise MDs ass. <3

    MD, Ive already wrote a lot about my views of the functions, tho they're not exhaustive. To write them all here would take years. It'd be like having to establish 2+2=4 everytime I wanted to talk about math because you can't deal with concepts whose reasoning does not spoon feed you. Learn to interpret a metaphor.
    TI-POLR. Oi. I'M ALLOWED TO SAY WHATEVER I WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO EXPLAIN MY REASONING! You all listen to me, now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Dolphin has a unique and really charming way of writing, and a lot of your complaints are aimed at the charm part of her writing. It isn't all intended to show his type. Some is just part of telling a story.

    (No opinion on his type btw)
    It is very charming. It was a fascinating story. Interesting read. But although, even if it wasn't intended to show his type, the fact that some people are seriously considering him as Ti ESTp now, because of the 'charm' form of writing, I do have a problem with.

  31. #31
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think what she's trying to say is something like, "I met him. Here's this interesting story about us meeting. I've been here a long time so I know a bit about Socionics now, and I think he's ESTp." It didn't look to me like it was intended to be a rock-solid argument for it as much as a story and discussion starter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Dolphin.

    So discuss! You say you don't see him using Ti, but god almighty if I haven't been dragged into arguments with him that felt like it. That's why I have had a hard time giving up the ILE typing, I think. And the older my ILE daughter gets, the more I argue with her like that. It's like instead of straight-forward arguing and presenting what you see, tearing down the base underneath someone else's argument - deconstructing the logic behind it.

    Though I suppose that could just be a sign of him valuing Ti. I mean he's a smart guy and if he values it he'll get at least some level of competency. My only strong opinion is that he is at least from a quadra that values Fe.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I'M ALLOWED TO SAY WHATEVER I WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO EXPLAIN MY REASONING! You all listen to me, now!
    Bwahaha!




  33. #33
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I am not forcing anyone to listen to me, implicitly or explicitly. I would have been happy to give a short outline of reasoning as it pertains to functions or to answer specific questions related to my statements. But you have filled your replies with so many emotional barbs that are meant to belittle, shame, and degrade, without any provocation, that I do not wish to explain myself anymore. I respect the desire for more complete knowledge, but you do not seem to truly seek that. Instead you seem to be simply picking a fight. I have no idea of your motivation for doing so. But I ask you to please go somewhere else with that. I do not wish to fight.
    I guess I'm just annoyed in general, for how gullible people are. Willing to believe any half-sensible argument they hear. Then they wonder why they're so confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I think what she's trying to say is something like, "I met him. Here's this interesting story about us meeting. I've been here a long time so I know a bit about Socionics now, and I think he's ESTp." It didn't look to me like it was intended to be a rock-solid argument for it as much as a story and discussion starter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Dolphin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    So discuss!
    That's the thing. I would love to discuss Gilly's type, but miss supervisor Jenna and OP dolphin said that's not the point of this thread. So it's like they're saying:

    1) Hey! Here's a cool story how Gilly is ESTp, and it's a fascinating read, too!
    2) Oh, you want to actually discuss his type? He's clearly ESTp, and that's not the point of this thread, it's to tell a story.

    Like, they haven't provided a chance to rebuttal what they were saying. It's like they just want everyone to believe them, without any questions asked. So I don't have a choice.

    Or at least that's what I get from Jenna. I see dolphin is at least willing to answer questions.

    Dolphin, was Gilly slow to respond, or generally quick to respond?
    Did he talk about anything that you felt was very insightful, or could really get into a person's mind?
    How well did he interact with the environment?
    Did he joke about using force at all?
    If he took initiative in anything, what did he take initiative in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    You say you don't see him using Ti, but god almighty if I haven't been dragged into arguments with him that felt like it. That's why I have had a hard time giving up the ILE typing, I think. And the older my ILE daughter gets, the more I argue with her like that. It's like instead of straight-forward arguing and presenting what you see, tearing down the base underneath someone else's argument - deconstructing the logic behind it.
    And many people thought I was ESTp for the longest time, and others still swear they see logic in my arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Though I suppose that could just be a sign of him valuing Ti. I mean he's a smart guy and if he values it he'll get at least some level of competency. My only strong opinion is that he is at least from a quadra that values Fe.
    I'd agree with this. More specifically, ENFj!

  34. #34
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't get that same style of arguing from you (MD).

    And dolphin, I type more by getting impressions of people too. It is hard to give the kind of arguments some people here want when that's how you do it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Best way is to hear what Gilly has to say. I mean, it's not like he died.

  36. #36
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Bwahaha!



    Hahaha!

  37. #37
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I don't get that same style of arguing from you.
    Jumping back to your previous point, forgot to mention. I wouldn't consider your comparison with your own daughter to be accurate. Again, one of the base rules of socionics, is that people on different levels in a hierarchy can distort the natural flow of the functions.

    ^... that and I see like 90+% of mothers, who know a bit of socionics, type their teenage daughters in opposing/adjacent quadras, whenever they disagree.

  38. #38
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She isn't a teenager, and I'm pretty sure of her type. We get along 99% of the time. I just know how she argues because I live with her.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  39. #39
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    For the most part, this is a succinct summary. However a good part of the imagery relates to my actual Socionics views, which IS largely based on perceptual impressions of people. I consider myself to be adept at that venue. I do not think it is bragging to say it is one of my greatest strengths. I am sorry that the lyricism perhaps confounds people but to me it is not so much lyricism as breath, or air; necessity.

    I have gathered some of my impressions of Socionics here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-the-functions if anyone would like to get a better idea of my thought process.
    Would you consider adding this to your sig? Please answer my questions when you get a chance, dolphin. I have to go, ttyl everyone.

  40. #40
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    She isn't a teenager, and I'm pretty sure of her type. We get along 99% of the time. I just know how she argues because I live with her.
    Then how does she argue differently? You said the style is different? How so? How is your impression different?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •