Thread: Type me please

Default Type me please

Please ask me any clarifying questions as appropriate.

Me:

Pathologically avoidant to the point of sabotaging and/or bypassing promising educational/work/relationship opportunities

Extreme sensitivity to criticism

very internally anxious/moody, but it's not externally apparent to others - who often find me either poised/composed or cold/aloof

absolutely cannot function in a large group social setting (think networking event or big party), where I come off as extremely aloof. I can't get out of my own mind in these situations ("where should I stand? who should I approach?"). I invariably end up wandering around for 10 minutes nibbling on appetizers before sneaking out a side door. However, if I'm at an event/get-together where everyone is assigned a seat at a table, I typically am quite sociable, witty, and, arguably, charming.

Most important goal in life is self-actualization; but specifically, self-actualization in such a way that benefits the greater good. I have no ambition to accumulate impressive wealth, unless it allows me to put that wealth to use in charitable ways. I'm basically obsessed with the fact that I am not realizing my potential and that I've been directionless for the majority of my adult life.

I have this inherent sense of time and place, and our movement through time, if that makes any sense. I never need to carry a watch. I can always tell when I'm tight on time to within a minute or two...as long as I'm actively attuning myself to it. I'm often late to appointments and such because I get caught up in activities to the point of blocking out all other responsibilities.

I like repetitive activities (like hitting golf balls, shooting hoops alone, exercising or washing dishes). It provides comfort. I also enjoy listening to the same music over and over; preferably music that's melancholic, cynical, provokes an emotional response, or approximates the the feeling of being blessed by God's grace.

I have few friends. Those I do have I value intensely - like brothers. There is nothing better than connecting with someone in a true, meaningful way, stripping away our outward facades and emotional barriers and just being real (and discussing philosophy and politics).

I like helping others find their "bliss" or path in life. I want to see others find happiness/fulfillment.

I dress inconspicuously and I feel very uncomfortable when people clearly attempt to draw attention to themselves.

Do not like people watching over me as a I perform a task or activity. If I'm aware I'm being observed, I will botch simple activities in which I've acquired mastery.

My desk is extremely messy.

I enjoy puns.
    Last edited by Mssrs Mis and Thrope; 10-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds INFp

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best guess... INFp.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like someone who's rich, or someone who has many friends?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, just my type, though maybe a bit too antisocial.
    I'm pretty sure he's/she's IEI (INFp).
    Answer the ones you like.

Do you have your own magical world inside your head?

How, when, why do you smile? Please be specific

While acknowledging everyones absolute uniqueness, do you still find yourself significantly more unique?

What do you find attractive in others?
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 10-21-2011 at 06:18 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mssrs Mis and Thrope View Post
    Please ask me any clarifying questions as appropriate.
    OK! Welcome, by the way.

Me:

Pathologically avoidant to the point of sabotaging and/or bypassing promising educational/work/relationship opportunities
    Why?

Extreme sensitivity to criticism
    To what and when?

very internally anxious/moody, but it's not externally apparent to others - who often find me either poised/composed or cold/aloof

absolutely cannot function in a large group social setting (think networking event or big party), where I come off as extremely aloof. I can't get out of my own mind in these situations ("where should I stand? who should I approach?").
    Are you more in your head or observing what's going on? Where's the tension coming from?

I invariably end up wandering around for 10 minutes nibbling on appetizers before sneaking out a side door. However, if I'm at an event/get-together where everyone is assigned a seat at a table, I typically am quite sociable, witty, and, arguably, charming.

Most important goal in life is self-actualization; but specifically, self-actualization in such a way that benefits the greater good. I have no ambition to accumulate impressive wealth, unless it allows me to put that wealth to use in charitable ways. I'm basically obsessed with the fact that I am not realizing my potential and that I've been directionless for the majority of my adult life.

I have this inherent sense of time and place, and our movement through time, if that makes any sense. I never need to carry a watch. I can always tell when I'm tight on time to within a minute or two...as long as I'm actively attuning myself to it. I'm often late to appointments and such because I get caught up in activities to the point of blocking out all other responsibilities.
    Ni role sounds good.
    I like repetitive activities (like hitting golf balls, shooting hoops alone, exercising or washing dishes). It provides comfort. I also enjoy listening to the same music over and over; preferably music that's melancholic, cynical, provokes an emotional response, or approximates the the feeling of being blessed by God's grace.
    Si+

I have few friends. Those I do have I value intensely - like brothers. There is nothing better than connecting with someone in a true, meaningful way, stripping away our outward facades and emotional barriers and just being real (and discussing philosophy and politics).

I like helping others find their "bliss" or path in life. I want to see others find happiness/fulfillment.

I dress inconspicuously and I feel very uncomfortable when people clearly attempt to draw attention to themselves.

Do not like people watching over me as a I perform a task or activity. If I'm aware I'm being observed, I will botch simple activities in which I've required mastery.

My desk is extremely messy.

I enjoy puns.
    SLI sounds awesome.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy puns.
    Come over. Imma punish you.

Also, you sound a lot like me.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem introverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Do you like someone who's rich, or someone who has many friends?
    Do I currently or WOULD I? Romantic or platonic?

Currently, no. I don't really have any friends that are social butterflies or inordinately wealthy (a few doctor friends but I was friends with them when we were all poor). Generally speaking, social or class status has no bearing on whether I would befriend an individual. I'm not one for starf'ng or social climbing, if that's what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post

Do you have your own magical world inside your head?

How, when, why do you smile? Please be specific

While acknowledging everyones absolute uniqueness, do you still find yourself significantly more unique?

What do you find attractive in others?
    Magical world in my head: Do you mean with unicorns and goblins and such? No. I have an imagination I suppose. And I'm prone to rumination. But most of my daydreaming is tied to my specific physical world - the people and places that I've personally interacted with. I dabble in creative/screen-writing as a hobby (dream?), but most of that output is a close iteration of personal experience.

How, when, why do you smile?: Mostly when I greet others or find something amusing. Also, when I observe something sweet - like one stranger helping another or kids playing/sharing fairly on the playground. Or when I'm just awed by the sheer excellence of an experience. For instance, I was in the pit in front of the stage for a Radiohead show during the KID A/Amnesiac tour and I had this ridiculous grin on my face because I knew I was a part of something historic. As for how, I'm a full smile kind of person...not one of those coy, half-@ssed, side of the mouth, no teeth grinners.

While acknowledging everyones absolute uniqueness, do you still find yourself significantly more unique?: It's funny. I used to feel that way, but time and experience have a way of stripping away the ego-centric worldview. So I'll say no. I'm a 100% original...but so are you.

What do you find attractive in others?: In no particular order...An open mind. Creativity. Passion. Sticktuitiveness (since, I have none). Empathy. Intelligence. Humor.

Thanks for asking.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a Ni type - based on that feeling that there's a "path" and a "potential" to be fulfilled. But I think you're Logical, since you apparently are too no-nonsense (ie can't be "social" just like that). I'm guessing ILI.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miss ant rope, you sound like a great girl I think I'll type you SLI.

Your focus on beautiful experiences... imagination regarding real, practical things/people.

Yea, Pretty much. Talk to traveler and see how you feel about him. He should be your dual.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

In response to Maritsa's post...

OK! Welcome, by the way.
    Why, thank you!

Why?
    The fear of failure or rejection. Criticism has always stung me badly...to the point where I feel like I lose all control over my emotions, my head spins, sort of an emotional death spiral. It just serves to reinforce the negative thoughts/beliefs I have about myself. I've been this way from my earliest memories. I've made some progress over the years, mostly by just telling myself that most criticism isn't (always) personal and that it's meant as feedback so you can improve performance...but it still isn't easy.

To what and when?
    Honestly, I feel emotionally drained just thinking about this question. Anything and everything.

Are you more in your head or observing what's going on? Where's the tension coming from?
    Just fear of making a fool of myself. Or the fear of annoying someone or intruding in someone's space. Maybe they don't want to talk to me? Or, why would they want to talk to me? I guess I'm in my head...which is the problem. It gets so bad that I almost go into a dissociative state...like I'm floating above the room.

On an unrelated note, not sure if this matters, but I have terrible fine motor skills. I can't do anything well that requires manual dexterity and my handwriting resembles a five year old.

Also, I enjoy debate, but I HATE conflict.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I withdraw my INFp theory.