Thread: What I was trying to convey in chatbox, plus more stuff

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What I was trying to convey in chatbox, plus more stuff

The point I was trying to make was that model A is misinterpreted, because it is often treated by several of the members on this forum as a bunch of blocks with functions in them. The point I was trying to convey is that the functions aren't exclusive entities and they are actually all the same function working at different levels of the psyche.

You have 4 rows of functions in model A. Ego, Super Ego, Super Id, Id. To understand what each row means, you have to actually understand the classifications of each row.

Valued v.s. Devalued: It means exactly as it looks like. It is whether or not the sector of the process is considered to be positive or negative. Valued functions are the sectors of model A that are considered to be moving towards the goal. Devalued functions are repellent sectors, meaning that that part of the processes is actually pushing away.

Strong v.s. Weak: Strong functions are the resultant functions, the outer shell, the base processes. They are what stands out, the result of the internal desires. The weak functions are what lies inside the strong process. The desires that branch out(through the strong functions).

Conscious v.s. Unconscious: Extremely simplified, it's what lies underneath(yes I know that sounds a lot like Strong v.s. Weak, but its hard to quite isolate the layers into words.) It is kind of like the mirror between the self and the other. Imagine an iceberg in the ocean.

You have ice on top of the water. This would be the conscious functions. The ice under the water would be the unconscious functions. Now, there's also ice inside of the iceberg, that you can't see that is both above and below the water, that is the weak functions. The ice outside of the iceberg, is the strong functions.

Before I go further with this, I'd like to talk about dimensionality. Bukalov basically theorized on model A about how the functions "bleed" into the layers of the other functions. For example, an unconscious function may have conscious sectors that allow the function to come into awareness. Now I buy into this theory, but I think it is somewhat pointless as I'll explain in another post.

Ego Functions: Valued, Conscious, Strong. The actual outer layer of the process. This is what comes out, the actual function. When someone says that "this person is using this function", this is what they should be talking about. If a person has this function dominantly in the ego, then this is how they think, the how they structure information, how they interact with the environment, how they behave, etc. The focus, the defined. Everything you view, everything you see, everything you taste, everything you touch, everything you smell, everything you do, is all through the ego.

Super Ego: Devalued, Conscious, Weak The superego is sort of the process enemy. This is what one is trying to step on in a manner of speaking. The ego functions work in spite of the super ego functions always trying to rate limit the area of influence of the territory of the super ego.

Super Id: Valued, Unconscious, Weak. The goal of the ego processes. Whatever the ego functions do, this is what the process is intending to achieve. It is underneath the main process. It is the hole that one is trying to fill inside by using the ego processes, sometimes not even aware of the hole.

Id: Devalued, Unconscious, Strong: This is the mirror of the ego function. This could be referred to as the universalized function. As it is everything that the ego isn't. Imagine some fictional entity who's mental processes does nothing but locate and look at boxes. The id, would be everything that isn't a box. It is the mirror, the undefined parameter of a person.

The the idea of information metabolism is to show that all of the blocks in model A are the same exact thing. They are all just gears, of course we consider the ego to be the main gear for typing reasons, but all the gears supposedly work fluidly, and are all equal pieces to the process.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is adequate or not, had trouble properly verbalizing the point.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Me
    So the ego is a penis, and the super-id is a vagina, and the penis wants to fill the vagina, and the vagina wants to be filled by the penis, but sometimes the penis doesn't know that the vagina is there, but the vagina gets satisfied by the penis anyway because the penis always penetrates.

The super-ego is the cockblock that we try to step on or they step on us, and the id is the ugly/irritating girls that we ignore.
    Wow, that's some good summary of Hitta's OP. Good job, Not Me.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What purpose does the super-ego serve & how do we deal with it? My initial guess would be to find a dual to take care of our polr & try ourselves not to place to much importance on matters of the role? dunno..
    Let the dual's ego (i.e. me) widen your territory so that your ego is free to roam.

I will press your super-id buttons, and in return, you will spasm mine.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!