User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 54

Thread: Anyone Here INFJ, 100% Intuitive, And 80% Plus Feeling (Empathic)?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone Here INFJ, 100% Intuitive, And 80% Plus Feeling (Empathic)?

    Hello,
    Despite the distribution patterns of members here, the INFJ category is normally deemed to be the rarest of the MB personality types---from 1/2% to 2% of the population. Females dominate in this group about three to one, so a male INFJ is the rarest of the rare.

    Within that minuscule percentile, I consistently test 100% intuitive and very high feeling (80% plus, usually high 80s%). I have never, despite diligently searching, found another person who over and over tested at 100% intuitive. Two or three I have met over the years have occasionally tested at 100%.

    Query: Is there an INFJ on this site who is like me?

    BTW, I never self-describe as a "psychic", and I make no claims to being a medium. I channel no one, not even Elvis or Michael Jackson. Also, I do not describe myself in Christian terms of "discernment" or "prophetic", yet there is definitely something in me that links with the mystical, the numinous we call "God".

    My entire life I have "known" things to the point of certainty. How? I know not. I just do. Can I be wrong? You betcha! As my daughter constantly reminds me, "Now, Dad, just because you are 100% intuitive does not mean you are 100% right!" Touche! I am not (so I respond to her), "only 99%".

    What is there within me that enables me to "know" things about people that I have no rational way of knowing? Why am I invariably surprised and awed when I am right? If I ceased to view this gift with awe and wonder, would it desert me (NOT that I could do such, not really)? And why is it sometimes a curse rather than a blessing?

    NO! I do not read minds or thoughts. Not really. It's more miasmic than that: I "read" people, who they are, where they are, where they've been---and more. Sometimes I can see, as if through a window darkly, the vague outlines, shadows, of possible/probable future "presents" in the cloudy chaos of swirling time we (mis)label the "future". They are, however, shape-shifters subject to the vagaries of our multiple choices, the vehicle by which we "call" the particular present we experience into this one existence

    The non-choices, all the infinite number of them, so I intuit, are also realities/dimensions/universes just beyond our grasp/perception. We call them alternate or parallel universes existing in an "if only" (the two saddest words in the English language) somewhen (my word) in multi-linear, curvalinear time.

    Okay, I've lost you, but if so this was not written for you. It was written for me---and for that one other who reads my paltry words and says, "Wow! I get this guy! He is speaking my language! And he's doing so in the presence of all those others who do not understand."

    I am hunting that mind. Are you here?

    MindHunterINFJ

  2. #2
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh, MBTI.

  3. #3
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal View Post
    Eh, MBTI.
    MBTI is evil.
    Lose it.
    I've kept track of everyone I've typed. About 1/16 of then are EIIs.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  4. #4
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, those statistics are probably from MBTI; socionics generally touts an equality in type distribution from what I've read. Interesting intro read though !

    As for testing certain percentages, I find that once you've taken a test once and score something you generally how to score that and its opposite on any other test, so it may be no coincidence that you score highly in certain categories.

    I just noticed you modeled your user off what you said in the intro. I very much like the thematic intent of that . Hope to see you around more often

  5. #5
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What everybody else said, MBTI don't work 'round these parts.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks for your comments. Yes, the stats are from MBTI. Not really familiar with socionics. Maybe I should have informed myself before joining?

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks for the links. I'll check out both.

  8. #8
    Anglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  9. #9
    Anglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  10. #10
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice introduction, it lives up to its title.

    Member Atlast is right about the percentages. MBTI is more of a pesonality inventory rather than psychological and thus its test-takers' types are subject to increased inaccuracy and change. This means the statistics from the MBTT perspective, relative to the Socionics perspective, may be completely disproportionate. There really are no presumptions in Socionics that any one function or type is rarer than another.


    Here are some useful links for getting into Socionics:
    http://socionics.us/
    http://socionist.blogspot.com/
    http://socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro1.html
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  11. #11
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm...more like socionics ENFj. or INFp.

  12. #12
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @OP: Most people are newbies starting out; don't worry about your lack of information. If you're attached to MBTI, I would recommend looking into JCF functions. They're far better than using dichotomies. Also: While I generally agree with Ashton's initial post, the following ones (Anglas's included) just seem like unnecessary trolling. Isn't there a more constructive way to express your disagreement?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  13. #13
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    hmm...more like socionics ENFj. or INFp.
    Yeah, I have the urge to toss this into Beta as well.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  14. #14
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindHunterINFJ View Post
    Hello,
    Despite the distribution patterns of members here, the INFJ category is normally deemed to be the rarest of the MB personality types---from 1/2% to 2% of the population. Females dominate in this group about three to one, so a male INFJ is the rarest of the rare.

    Within that minuscule percentile, I consistently test 100% intuitive and very high feeling (80% plus, usually high 80s%). I have never, despite diligently searching, found another person who over and over tested at 100% intuitive. Two or three I have met over the years have occasionally tested at 100%.

    Query: Is there an INFJ on this site who is like me?

    BTW, I never self-describe as a "psychic", and I make no claims to being a medium. I channel no one, not even Elvis or Michael Jackson. Also, I do not describe myself in Christian terms of "discernment" or "prophetic", yet there is definitely something in me that links with the mystical, the numinous we call "God".

    My entire life I have "known" things to the point of certainty. How? I know not. I just do. Can I be wrong? You betcha! As my daughter constantly reminds me, "Now, Dad, just because you are 100% intuitive does not mean you are 100% right!" Touche! I am not (so I respond to her), "only 99%".

    What is there within me that enables me to "know" things about people that I have no rational way of knowing? Why am I invariably surprised and awed when I am right? If I ceased to view this gift with awe and wonder, would it desert me (NOT that I could do such, not really)? And why is it sometimes a curse rather than a blessing?

    NO! I do not read minds or thoughts. Not really. It's more miasmic than that: I "read" people, who they are, where they are, where they've been---and more. Sometimes I can see, as if through a window darkly, the vague outlines, shadows, of possible/probable future "presents" in the cloudy chaos of swirling time we (mis)label the "future". They are, however, shape-shifters subject to the vagaries of our multiple choices, the vehicle by which we "call" the particular present we experience into this one existence

    The non-choices, all the infinite number of them, so I intuit, are also realities/dimensions/universes just beyond our grasp/perception. We call them alternate or parallel universes existing in an "if only" (the two saddest words in the English language) somewhen (my word) in multi-linear, curvalinear time.

    Okay, I've lost you, but if so this was not written for you. It was written for me---and for that one other who reads my paltry words and says, "Wow! I get this guy! He is speaking my language! And he's doing so in the presence of all those others who do not understand."

    I am hunting that mind. Are you here?

    MindHunterINFJ
    Welcome! The empathic/psychic tendency is normally associated with Ni (The white triangle) which would make you a likely candidate for INFp since you've scored INFJ in MBTI. This would place you in the Beta Quadra. Please note that MBTI is often viewed with hostility here by over-zealous members so if you come here, you'd be wise to discuss strictly Socionics and leave MBTI out of the discussion. There are other places for that anyway.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  15. #15

    Default

    I project as an E but am at heart an I. At a party, I can readily fit in and even "lead" the discussion. However, while I enjoy group interactions, I am fine without
    them as well. I value my alone time and solitary activities. As for the P/J, I have tested P, and I don't really think it matters much on this one whether I am a J or a P. Other aspects dominate my personality. AND, thanks for the advice---yes, I have picked up on the anti-MBTI attitude here. I am also wondering the relevance of a number of the replies. While humor is hard to convey on the "cold" internet medium, I take some of the posts as just that: humorous responses not intended to
    engage the issue. Does a lot of that go on here? As with MBTI, there are places for humor---in fact, most places could use a little leavening---but sometimes what is meant is not what is conveyed, no?

  16. #16
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Welcome! The empathic/psychic tendency is normally associated with Ni (The white triangle) which would make you a likely candidate for INFp since you've scored INFJ in MBTI. This would place you in the Beta Quadra. Please note that MBTI is often viewed with hostility here by over-zealous members so if you come here, you'd be wise to discuss strictly Socionics and leave MBTI out of the discussion. There are other places for that anyway.
    Just to balance out conceptions, psychic tendencies, as in seeing what's not there, ESP type stuff is given to Ne over Ni. Aushra's work implies just that.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  17. #17
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindHunterINFJ View Post
    I project as an E but am at heart an I. At a party, I can readily fit in and even "lead" the discussion. However, while I enjoy group interactions, I am fine without them as well. I value my alone time and solitary activities. As for the P/J, I have tested P, and I don't really think it matters much on this one whether I am a J or a P. Other aspects dominate my personality. AND, thanks for the advice---yes, I have picked up on the anti-MBTI attitude here. I am also wondering the relevance of a number of the replies. While humor is hard to convey on the "cold" internet medium, I take some of the posts as just that: humorous responses not intended to engage the issue. Does a lot of that go on here? As with MBTI, there are places for humor---in fact, most places could use a little leavening---but sometimes what is meant is not what is conveyed, no?
    You'll need to look at the IM elements rather than dichotomies. Forget E vs I, P vs J. If you're Beta NF, are you Fe base or Ni base?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  18. #18
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Just to balance out conceptions, psychic tendencies, as in seeing what's not there, ESP type stuff is given to Ne over Ni. Aushra's work implies just that.
    I'd agree with you about seeing things that aren't there being Ne > Ni, but Ni is often described as having a sense of premonition about certain events which I think would both qualify as "seeing things that aren't there" when they're incorrect.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  19. #19
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, Welcome to the16types. Socionics is different then MBTI but is based off of Jung's work on Psychological types which leads to some similarities in the division of types and terminology.

    There have been informative links in this thread and we maintain our own CMS which we are adding to constantly.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php

    Have fun researching!

  20. #20

    Default

    There is much wisdom in your words, and I, too, exercise this gift only with great caution and care. To me, the future is not fixed but rather quite malleable,
    dependent upon the choices we make within the parameters of the "fish bowl" of limited free will. There is no certain future but infinite futures, and God permits us to co-create with Him via the mechanism of choice the precise "present" we call into existence from the swirling chaos we wrongly call the "future".

    Therefore, I am always reluctant to speak about the future (as opposed to the present or past in a person's life) because it is not fixed in stone and, besides
    (perhaps because of this and/or my limited vision), I can only "see" a future more or less as the shadow on the wall of Plato's proverbial cave. Sometimes what I
    "know" haunts me, pains me even (a function, I think, of my high empathic aspect).

    Queries: do you ever wonder what is beyond the "fishbowl"? Do you ever actually try to "see" it?

  21. #21

    Default

    Do you mind sharing what you have "seen"?

  22. #22
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you guys are about to like, mentally rocket to the moon or something, be sure to post your mind videos.

  23. #23

    Default

    Atlast,
    Oh, you are way behind the curve: we are in the Oort Cloud at least by now.
    MHINFJ

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello,

    Do you love people, but get exhausted after spending some time with them?
    Do you wish you had greater resources to dictate how the lives of people may be improved on a grander scale?
    Do you consider yourself an intellectual who has many interests and reads about many topics in depth or do you not care about much and just read causally or about things of your profession?

  25. #25

    Default

    Hello,
    I love people, but sometimes I question whether---given our history---we "deserve" to survive as a species, and I wonder whether humanity can do anything on a grgrand scale except self-immolate. How's that for optimism?
    MH

  26. #26

    Default

    Siuntal,
    Thanks for your reply. I disagree, however, that all are "wired" for intuition. Most people input information via the five senses and haven't a clue as to intuition. At
    least so it seems to me. Look forward to the link on free will. Thanks.
    MH

  27. #27
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindHunterINFJ View Post
    Hello,
    I love people, but sometimes I question whether---given our history---we "deserve" to survive as a species, and I wonder whether humanity can do anything on a grgrand scale except self-immolate. How's that for optimism?
    MH
    You answered my first question.

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Welcome! The empathic/psychic tendency is normally associated with Ni (The white triangle) which would make you a likely candidate for INFp since you've scored INFJ in MBTI. This would place you in the Beta Quadra. Please note that MBTI is often viewed with hostility here by over-zealous members so if you come here, you'd be wise to discuss strictly Socionics and leave MBTI out of the discussion. There are other places for that anyway.
    Because INFj's demonstrate periodically, they are likely to look like INFp types, however INFj's are empathetic and rational, they are persuaded with information, facts and INFps don't trust them, just like ISFps with their Te PoLR. The ways in which emotions are expressed in them and the way they are intend to react is different from us although we look very much alike and even act very much alike.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-15-2011 at 06:12 AM.

  28. #28

    Default

    Maritsa,
    Yes, people exhausts me, yet they intrigue me; yes, I do what I can in my internet blogging to illuminate minds and stimulate (as opposed to simulate) thinking; and, yes, I am an intellectual who is interested in most things, knows a little about many things, and is an expert at almost nothing. I explore subjects and human beings
    for my pleasure and to shove back the ignorance a tad. Thereby, I learn. Thereby, I fight against the disconnectedness, which is the essence of human existence,
    and against aloneness (the "property" of which is "loneliness"). To connect mind2mind with a like-minded soul is the closest one can come in this life to euphoria.
    MH

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your ideals are not reflected in society with regards to your expectations of people meeting certain roles and that's depressing you. -I'm basing my conclusions based on things I've experienced too, from my past and I can see you asking the same questions I used to.

  30. #30

    Default

    M,
    Ideals are, by definition, idealistic and utopian, which is why capitalism based on greed (realism) prevails over communism (utopian ideal) and why secularism (greedy, self-centered, hedonistic, materialistic variety) succeeds while Christianity, another utopian ideal, has (to quote Ghandi, I think it was) "never been tried". Or maybe Mark Twain said this? Too late: my synapses are not all firing. Yes, failure to live up to the ideal frustrates me and depresses me---as it does (and should) for any
    sentient being with an ounce of integrity and a firm grasp of man's inhumanity to man (not to mention other creatures), many times in the name of "love" or "God" or "gods". And it's not that I expect them to live up to any "roles" or "ideals"; no, I am much too realistic to expect that. In fact, it would be insane to expect that, would it not? Nevertheless, the human condition leaves me estranged and alienated and always, always, wondering "why?"
    MH

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because not everyone is rational and there's beauty in irrationality, too. I stop fighting windmills and getting angry when people don't comply to my expectations. What I do, instead now-a-days, is to embrace the good things and realize my potential; everyone dies and it's living a fulfilled life that is important and I wish for the same in all of my identicals and I feel the pain of Van Gogh and other members of my type, who I know suffered in their hearts, perhaps so much more than I do. I have a poster of his self in my office and I look at it every day and I tell myself that one day I will help an EII who suffers the same pains and that I will help comfort the person within them because that's the person within me.

  32. #32

    Default

    M,
    I agree. I affirm and embrace my non-rationality, even irrationality, and those who view life via the prism of the rational alone see a skewed and murky view of life,
    the inter-connectedness of everyone and everything as a part of the Whole. So it is that your pain is mine, and my pain is yours, and Van Gogh suffers still in time
    just as we, you and I, suffer because, as William Faulkner writes, "The past is never dead. It is not even past." And so I share with you a scene from my book, a
    childhood rend, that you will intuitively understand:

    On the left swirled a picture that Retep could only describe as cataclysmic, so
    utterly devastating that not even a sliver of a memory remained of that time in the boy’s
    mind but was repressed and buried deep in some desolate chamber where the little
    Jackson slunk off to find refuge when Woo-Woo told him that she was marrying Clete and
    leaving for the house in far away Maldoon, in the few moments that seemed like eternity
    before and as she walked out that door, memories buried there with all the desolation and
    abandonment and unspeakable anguish and loss that, so his Harth-parents told him, kept
    him for days standing at that closed front door wailing out his impotent and useless rage
    and fury and despair to an unhearing and uncaring universe, demanding impotently,
    furiously, fist raised and shaking at the merciless heavens, just as the No Hope lad in the
    right hologram was doing, that God or the gods or someone or something or anyone
    answer the question “Why? Why must she abandon me?”--- only to have utter silence
    reverberate back at him from the empty heavens, standing there totally lost, lost in the
    true meaning of the word, lost as in utter isolation and aloneness and abandonment, his
    whole being reduced to the lowest common denominator: the primitive id crying out,
    wailing forth, flailing about without words mute and beyond coherenceits primeval and
    primordial scream of despair and pain and anguish, a memory repressed so deeply that
    only in Harth-time 2002 when Jack, not Jackson for almost forty years, would be fifty-
    six years old, on the night before Woo-Woo’s funeral, did the three-year-old child from
    that long ago time permit himself to come out from that dark abyss where he had slunk
    off for safety, for survival, and on that night for the first time in over half a century he
    allowed himself once again to see that image:that image of the child he had been and in
    some part of him still was and would forever be, a child transfixed and crucified in time,
    wailing impotently before that door in incomprehensible pain and anguish, abandoned
    and lost, utterly alone.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's very emotional and heartfelt. It recalled a memory in my childhood when my parents left to go to a party and the emotions that ran through my adolescent mind in fear that they wouldn't return, emotions of abandonment, of fury, as you described, just the general stages of grief; I've truly thought that I was emotionally mature and felt feelings for things (mostly of esoteric nature) at a very young age and for a long time, no one would or could understand what volatile disposition these emotions breath from the depths of their existence, until of course I read works by other people of my own type and then one does realize that to truly know them and their reflection and depth, one has to empathize with them to not just say that they feel the same way.

  34. #34

    Default

    Thanks, Maritsa, it is good to share, n'est pas? Actually, not only sharing but writing exorcises the demons that we, each of us, possess (even if they do not possess us) and expurgates and imprisons them in one-dimensional space (writing) or dilutes their influence/impact (sharing with another). To be known by and to know
    another like mind is a transcendent experience wherein, at least for a time, the two become as one, which is what we, each of us, yearns for, no?

  35. #35
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindHunterINFJ View Post
    Thanks, Maritsa, it is good to share, n'est pas? Actually, not only sharing but writing exorcises the demons that we, each of us, possess (even if they do not possess us) and expurgates and imprisons them in one-dimensional space (writing) or dilutes their influence/impact (sharing with another). To be known by and to know
    another like mind is a transcendent experience wherein, at least for a time, the two become as one, which is what we, each of us, yearns for, no?
    Oui et oui.

    This exchange between you and I is a very good example for others; I've noted several times that I've not seen another EII here. I find you to be my identical because you're a serious type and the exchange between us is not "uplifting" but rather a somber reflection of our deep empathetic concerns, yet we are still very much positivist types and given the right moments we show our "fun" side too because we're not entirely without the happy emotions, they are just not availed when deep concerns or serious concerns that dictate our values are in motion.

  36. #36

    Default

    Maritsa,
    Precisely put! Much of what passes for "conversation" is simply chit and chat, the facades talking to the facades, which is not communication at all. Yes, such is
    necessary and useful in exchanges, particularly at the beginning of a relationship, because most people are not comfortable with being open: it makes them feel vulnerable. However, a less defensive position I have come to believe and practice: I am open and trusting until and unless someone gives me valid reason for being otherwise. After all, what can you, for example, wherever you may live around the world---or even if you are right in front of me---"do" to me? The fear of intimacy, vulnerability, is a paranoid delusion that forces humankind to perceive a threat where none exists. As a result, we categorize and stereotype people as "Others": "Us" and "Them". This dehumanizes and objectives and divides people. Personally, I abhor labels; I am not pigeonholeable, and if that's difficult for folks to understand, so be it. I am who I am.

    Ah, the "fun" side as you express it! Yes, I consider myself a humorist (though I have not demonstrated it yet here). I blog on Facebook, and I routinely leaven my serious side with humorous remarks, particularly word play. I relish verbal jousting. To paraphrase an old saying, "a little bit of humor makes the medicine go down." . If you are on Facebook I'd love to have you as a friend. BTW, here is a link to a Note on Facebook titled "Another Boring Sunday 'Sermon': Shell2Shell Chattering Is NOT Real Communication". I'd be interested in your "take" on my views.

    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?sa...50373981907464

  37. #37

    Default

    Shayley,
    You are correct, and I, too, noted your words re emotion. As you perceive, I am a very emotional/feeling/empathic person, and I trust this aspect of myself implicitly, even when it conflicts with my rational self. You do not, perhaps because you had to suppress emotion as a small child? At least this is what I intuit about you, and that makes me sad, actually, because I sense in you the wells of emotion that you have, for self-protection methinks, barricaded within yourself. In your world chaos is to be feared, while order is necessary to cope with your experiences. I would hope and pray that at some point you come to release the emotion/fear of
    feeling, tear down the wall, and free yourself. These words are my spiritual gift to you: freedom lies in relinquishment.
    MH

  38. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Take this test: Sociotype Test and this one: Socionics for Dummies to determine your sociotype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This exchange between you and I is a very good example for others

  39. #39
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  40. #40
    Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Evil Lair
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't stop lol-ing
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •