Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which self-typings have you gone through?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which self-typings have you gone through?

Inspired by the "Factors behind common mistypings." by Krig. I am wondering what types have you considered or still considering?

Moi? (ILI) limited understanding of I thought polr could make sense. (EII) Newbie, translating MBTI into socionics. very confusing.
    (LSI) I thought I VI'd like one & rationalized a base/ HA swap with supressed . (IEI) Inter-type, strengths & weaknesses fit.
    Last edited by Codie; 10-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only IEI. I've considered EII, but that would make me duals with my obvious LSE dad, which I'm not. Considered ILI and SEI but I'm definitely not either of those. IEI always wins out

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I only ever typed eii. unless you count the first couple weeks I "tried on" iei because I related to ni and thought the descriptions fit me more reasonably than eii descriptions which sounded stodgy.

Creepy-Snaps

First LSE, then ILE, then SLE, then ESE, then LSE again, then ESXj, then LSI, then back to ESE. Considered many other types, but not strongly enough to self-type as them.
    Last edited by Snaps; 10-12-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only SLI before registering and, actually, paying attention to socionics...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started out EII (mbti test p/j switch) then started self typing as an SEI. I've toyed with pretty much all of the IP types in my head, and thought about LII a little, but I always come back to SEI. It never takes too long.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I had a ENTP typing in MBTI in my earlier twenties. I tested ILI/LII when I first learned socionics and sort of waffled a bit for a few days, then I realized I was ILE and not a introtim, just socially introverted at the time.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI and ILI....

At other times I type ILI.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought about being INFj and INTp for a bit in my first two years, but never explicitly committed to any typing other than INTj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always believed I'm ENFp although I sometimes struggled hard and hoped to be ESFj (at the times when I was in a relationship with INTj). Many people used to type me ISFp and ESFj on this forum. I identify strongly with Delta but also with Alpha sometimes...

Creepy-Snaps

I like how all the Ne-valuers mention they've considered multiple types, or identified with several different types, but all the Ni-valuers say things like "only" one type, or brag how they've not been swayed by other ideas. Hahaha

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what? did you even read the thread?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    what? did you even read the thread?
    I did. I still think you're ESI, not EII.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I like how all the Ne-valuers mention they've considered multiple types, or identified with several different types, but all the Ni-valuers say things like "only" one type, or brag how they've not been swayed by other ideas. Hahaha
    I see no braggadoccio in these responses, only the communication of facts relating to how people have self-typed.

Anyway, upon initially encountering Socionics, my question was, Am I IEI or EIE? I did consider other possible types, such as ENFp, in the spirit of not wanting to overlook anything or shut the door in case of being horribly mistaken about myself, but saw no reasons to type myself as anything but Beta, either. As I gradually made my way through typing others in my life, intertype relations seemed to rule out anything but Beta.

And my self-type is EIE now and I see no reason to alter it, as things fit together with that typing and do not with IEI. Some people here still see me as the latter, which doesn't matter to me much as I seem to have little ego or social investment in a self-typing and only want for things to be clear and make sense in their totality.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I did. I still think you're ESI, not EII.
    uh, the op itself was an iei talking about various types they considered. and...so on throughout the thread there is no pattern ...?

sociovision

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uh, the op itself was an iei talking about various types they considered. and...so on throughout the thread there is no pattern ...?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing me Ne? You're annoying.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the timeline looks like that: INTJ (MBTI) --> INTp --> INTj --> INTp --> INT? --> ISTp --> INTp --> INTj --> IxTx Si/Ne

I have also considered INFj for example, but I never was certain enough to "type" it under my avatar.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poster 1, Ni-valuer, has been through several self-typings. No bragging.
    Poster 2, Ni-valuer, has considered other types but stuck with IEI. No bragging.
    Poster 3, Ne-valuer, has not really considered other types except for first 2 weeks. No bragging.
    Poster 4, Ne-valuer, has gone through many types. No bragging.
    Poster 5, Ne-valuer, has considered only one other type. No bragging.
    Poster 6, Ne-valuer, has toyed with many other self-typings but quickly reverts. No bragging.
    Poster 7, Ne-valuer, waffled briefly after tests but sticks with original type. No bragging.
    Poster 8, Ni-valuer, has only ever considered one type. No bragging.
    Poster 9, Ne-valuer, has entertained a couple of other types as possibilities without committing to them. No bragging.
    Poster 10, Ne-valuer, has struggled with trying to act as another type. Has been typed by others as two diff types. No bragging.
    Poster 11, delivers unfounded interpretation of foregoing posts. Derailment ensues.
    And so on.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each time I read descriptions, even ones I create, I check to see how well it might describe me, if at all.
    So far, NeFi descriptions are the only ones that describe how I think.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-Snaps

sociovision
    Not sociovision. Looking at numbers. The OP was here for only 2 months, and I don't consider the self-typing. IEI completely credible. Even if you do, looking at the numbers, it's 7>3.

People who didn't fall into the pattern I noticed: Jenna, Absurd, and/or OP.
    People who did: kassie, me, munenori2, hkkmr, Invisible Jim, labcoat, and Pauluch.

In my eyes, it's 7>2. I think that fits a pattern... still not completely sure about Absurd as LSE, can be possibly Ni-valuing with you kassie, so that could possibly make 8>1. I don't consider that "sociovision", tyvm.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Show me proof. Yellow40 does nothing. You believe everything you hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Typing me Ne? You're annoying.
    ... You hadn't even posted on this thread before I did! What is wrong with you people. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm heading back to work, have fun with your LIVES.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

still not completely sure about Absurd as LSE, can be possibly Ni-valuing with you kassie, so that could possibly make 8>1.
    Oh I see...

Show me proof. Yellow40 does nothing. You believe everything you hear?

Try vodka or beer.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, holy crap. I can make *anything* into a book-length monologue. I didn't realize how long this was until after I posted it. Sorry people.

I should talk about all the *enneagram* types I tried on, before I completely dropped the enneagram and stopped using it altogether. Let's see........ First, I thought I was a type one, because I have some slight perfectionistic tendencies and because I'm interested in 'right and wrong,' ethics, and self-improvement, and I used to read self-help books and self-esteem books. (Nowadays I just see that as Fi-valuing.)

I considered all three withdrawn types - Four, Five, and Nine, because of my passivity and introversion. I considered Seven - in the past, I used to be more adventurous and I used to love exploring and trying new foods and things like that. I considered Three - again, because of self-improvement and because of an interest in 'productivity,' which might be associated with Te-valuing for me. (And I'm not saying that Te is the *only* element that wants to be productive.)

I considered Six - I like to collect 'belief systems' by reading books about economics. It turns out that's probably my Te-creative - I don't feel confident enough to create all my own logical beliefs, but I do feel confident enough to collect the logical beliefs created by other people, and apply them to the situations at hand. These are beliefs systems about economics - Ludwig von Mises and other Austrians, Ayn Rand, the libertarians, Julian Simon, etc., so they have the emphasis on Te, on efficient methods of production, that kind of thing. But I originally thought that 'valuing belief systems created by other people' meant that I was a Six.

So. Myers-Briggs: INTP, early 1990s. The MBTI questions don't seem to understand that you can *value* imagination, even if you don't have much of it yourself, and so if I had to answer a question that says, 'Do you enjoy being trapped in the boring, meaningless, mundane "real world," or do you like the world of imagination and fantasy and possibilities and adventures?' and I'd remember every fiction book that I had ever enjoyed reading, and I'd say 'No! Of course not! Who likes being trapped in the boring old real world?' So I answered the questions often enough to get an 'intuitive' label for myself, every time I took the test.

Then I got: INTJ and INFP. I took the test over and over. It was on a computer at the college. I slightly varied my responses.

Then I started figuring out the patterns of the test questions. Unfortunately, the MBTI test asks the questions over and over again in a particular order, so that every fourth question is asking about the same dichotomy: I/E, N/S, F/T, and P/J, over and over (not in that order, but you get the idea). So I figured out how to make the test give me any result I wanted, and I could take the test and get ENFJ, or ISTJ, for instance, if i wanted to.

Then I tried to type myself using books. I read the descriptions of the ISTP and also the ISFP and I felt this feeling of envy. They sounded so awesome and I wanted to be one. But I hesitated, because the books also made them sound like morons who were only capable of living in the immediate moment. And a lot of other sources made sensors sound like morons, too. So I figured I had to be an intuitive.

I took a very short test on a socionics page, and I'm not sure which page it was. It was an extremely short test with only a couple of questions, which you take sequentially. When it asked me whether I was capable of influencing the emotions of the people around me, I hesitated. I actually try to avoid that. I feel like I can't cheer people up, for instance, or I can't make people calm down if they're angry. It felt like a weakness, and so I put 'no, I can't do that.' The result of the test said 'SLI.' I started reading about how my dual was the IEE, ENFP, and I remembered my old best friend. I also loved the writing style on the socionics.us page, written by an IEE. The more I read, the more I was convinced I was a SLI. The descriptions didn't make them sound like morons, anywhere near as badly as other ISTP descriptions I had read, so I don't mind being called a SLI and I'm proud of it now.

Socionics has the concept of 'valuing.' So if I make the mistake of thinking that Si means I'm stupid, I can remind myself that those really smart Ne types value my Si ability. And the same for Se/Ni. Both types value the other for something they need. That concept wasn't in the MBTI, so I always had the impression that some types were just objectively stupid and inferior to the other types. Socionics doesn't make me feel that way.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-12-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    mountain dew graph
    Actually, that graph is true. A friend of mine temporarily got me hooked on 'Mountain Lightning,' lol, the generic Wal-Mart brand of Mountain Dew. I actually liked it more than the real Mountain Dew. I don't drink soda, so this was just a temporary phase, influenced by my friend. But during the phase when I was buying that stuff by the case, I would drink like the entire case in one day, while sitting at the computer, surfing the net, and playing hours and hours of Roller Coaster Tycoon and Clive Barker's Undying.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI: INFP → INFJ

Socionics: IEE → EII

Enneagram: 4 → 6 → 5 → 9

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed borderline entp/estp/entj in mbti before socionics. when I got interested in socionics I first tested ILE and assumed that it was a direct translation of the mbti-entp. got borderline ILI and LIE, but never really analyzed anything. just asumed that I was ILE. guess it fits good, when I first started reading on this forum, I thought that maybe I was IEE, but quickly changed back to ILE. Since then I've considered LII, SLE, LIE, LSE, ILI and EIE, but I can't make a strong argument for any of them. I don't feel completely satisfied with the ILE typing, mainly because of the inter-type relationship descriptions, but I can't really make a good case for any of the other types, so I stick with ILE.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first learned of Socionics, I typed myself Ni-ENTj. I then tried ENTp for a while and I've decided that Ni-ENTj is a much better fit for me. I was having some difficulty deciding since I usually get along quite well with alphas so I naturally assumed I must be an alpha. In person however, I get along quite well with other gammas so I've ultimately rejected intertype relations and went with my first choice: Ni-ENTj with a very well developed sense of ethics.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Actually, that graph is true.
    No doubt about it.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics: LII-->ILE

I was shy when I was younger, which made me think I was a Socionics introvert, although obvioulsy I am not!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All four IP types, Beta ST, SEE, EIE, Delta NF. I think that covers it. IP temperament remains what I'm "sure" of basically.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I first considered myself ESTj, then after a while I thought I might be LSE, then I decided I must be ESTj-Te. Then I went back to LSE. Now I'm LSE-Te.

I know. I'm so wishy-washy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types I've seriously considered are IEI, ILI, and EII.
    I'm still not entirely sure, but I'm leaning toward ILI.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've only ever self-typed as EII, but I've considered others--some more seriously than others.

With the Enneagram, I first thought I was a 4, then a 9, then I realized I'm a 6. It's pretty damn obvious to me now, so I don't know what I thinking before.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I've only ever self-typed as EII, but I've considered others--some more seriously than others.

With the Enneagram, I first thought I was a 4, then a 9, then I realized I'm a 6. It's pretty damn obvious to me now, so I don't know what I thinking before.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered all the types that don't fit me, right now I self-type the one that doesn't fit me, it fits the best. Because I'm a stern empath and dual of absurd or some other.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I've considered all the types that don't fit me, right now I self-type the one that doesn't fit me, it fits the best. Because I'm a stern empath and dual of absurd or some other.
    So how often have you slept with him?

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    So how often have you slept with him?
    I lost count. Can't speak for polikujm though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast