Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: About Ne

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default About Ne

    A thought to people who think they have Ne in their ego block. Just because you can state all the reasons that something works and all of the possibilities in a situation, that doesn't mean you have Ne in your ego block...

    Comments?

  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no complaints. you seem to have this all figured out. i bet a lot of the "model A" shills could learn a few things from this.

  3. #3
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What you say is probably true Maritsa. But none of the elements actually any have any legitimate structure if you wish to take this discussion that far.

    Sure - the ability to break down possibilities may not be Ne, but in those that possibilities inspire and motivate the pursuit of more possibilities for the simple sake of creating yet more of them, for those that live their life by it and reap their satisfaction from their investigation and exploration, for them, whose interests are ruled by it and life directed by it, Ne is about breaking down possibilities. We must take the whole picture into account when we consider Ne or any Ne type. What you've done is taken an essential part of Ne and remove it from its context or bigger picture, leaving it bare and common, and are trying to accuse it of such. You may have created confusion where you intended clarity.

  4. #4
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    What you say is probably true Maritsa. But none of the elements actually any have any legitimate structure if you wish to take this discussion that far.

    Sure - the ability to break down possibilities may not be Ne, but in those that possibilities inspire and motivate the pursuit of more possibilities for the simple sake of creating yet more of them, for those that live their life by it and reap their satisfaction from their investigation and exploration, for them, whose interests are ruled by it and life directed by it, Ne is about breaking down possibilities. We must take the whole picture into account when we consider Ne or any Ne type. What you've done is taken an essential part of Ne and remove it from its context or bigger picture, leaving it bare and common, and are trying to accuse it of such. You may have created confusion where you intended clarity.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    What I'm saying is that just because a person has the capability, by their own measure and effort, or borrowed from a sibling/friend/family member who displays a fair amount of Ne that somehow either activates this ability to present information in multitude of possible angles that doesn't mean the person has Ne in their ego block. I've observed mistypings with this regard and I'm pointing it out.

  6. #6
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    A thought to people who think they have Ne in their ego block. Just because you can state all the reasons that something works and all of the possibilities in a situation, that doesn't mean you have Ne in your ego block...

    Comments?
    What would you propose as the alternative?

  7. #7
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    Sure - the ability to break down possibilities may not be Ne, but in those that possibilities inspire and motivate the pursuit of more possibilities for the simple sake of creating yet more of them, for those that live their life by it and reap their satisfaction from their investigation and exploration, for them, whose interests are ruled by it and life directed by it, Ne is about breaking down possibilities. We must take the whole picture into account when we consider Ne or any Ne type. What you've done is taken an essential part of Ne and remove it from its context or bigger picture, leaving it bare and common, and are trying to accuse it of such. You may have created confusion where you intended clarity.
    Interesting. Could you expand upon this, by an example perhaps?

  8. #8
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What I'm saying is that just because a person has the capability, by their own measure and effort, or borrowed from a sibling/friend/family member who displays a fair amount of Ne that somehow either activates this ability to present information in multitude of possible angles that doesn't mean the person has Ne in their ego block. I've observed mistypings with this regard and I'm pointing it out.
    But what if you did that for all aspects of Ne? Using this same method, take each individual part of Ne and scrutinize it specifically and proclaim that this is a trait that any human can possess. In each proclamation you will be irrefutable, because no one dares say that other people aren't capable of the simple parts you will come up with. Yet, that would still be fundamentally wrong (in part, because it would destroy socionics and make everyone equally capable of all IEs) because once removed from the many strongly interconnected parts that make up any IE, the traits mean nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Interesting. Could you expand upon this, by an example perhaps?
    I would very much like to provide an example, but to do so would involve a breakdown of the many intricate parts of Ne, a feat I do not feel confident in achieving. However, my lack of knowledge and experience does not change the flaw that I earlier described, so I hope you can still take something away from my argument against the OP .

  9. #9
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    I would very much like to provide an example, but to do so would involve a breakdown of the many intricate parts of Ne, a feat I do not feel confident in achieving. However, my lack of knowledge and experience does not change the flaw that I earlier described, so I hope you can still take something away from my argument against the OP .
    No matter, you did give me something to think about. Cheers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •