Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: What do you want to use socionics for?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What do you want to use socionics for?

    Are you interested in socionics for a reason? Are you in this forum just because you're bored and need something to do? What would you like to use socionics to do?

  2. #2
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I value knowledge of the self over all else, and it governs every area of my life. I hope to use socionics to help myself and others to the effect of spreading self knowledge! But it has its limits of course. Other parts of the theory are really secondary to that main point.

  3. #3
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is how I understand people.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  4. #4
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Are you interested in socionics for a reason? Are you in this forum just because you're bored and need something to do? What would you like to use socionics to do?
    Pretty useless other than for mental masturbation.

  5. #5
    함부로 애틋하게 Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Pretty useless other than for mental masturbation.
    You beat me to it.
    언제나.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It does help with some preliminary planning in social environments.. But you should really just learn about it, ditch it, then use it instinctually with moderate consideration when the opportunity pops up.

  7. #7
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A wave of pessimism just hit this topic, I wonder if it will recover

  8. #8
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To better understand differences between people, how people communicate, what people communicate, what attracts people to other people, etc etc etc.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  9. #9
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    What do you want to use socionics for?


    destroying alexander bukalov.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    A wave of pessimism just hit this topic, I wonder if it will recover
    Nothing can ruin my optimism about the usefulness of socionics, for now.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat View Post
    What do you want to use socionics for?


    destroying alexander bukalov.
    whoa, that's weird. When I quote you, the words that appear in the quote are different from the words that are showing up on the screen. It looks like a previous edit. I was going to say 'use videodrome to destroy videodrome.' (Somebody recommended that I watch 'Videodrome' recently.) Use socionics to destroy socionics?

  12. #12
    Hello...? somavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Are you interested in socionics for a reason? Are you in this forum just because you're bored and need something to do? What would you like to use socionics to do?
    I was very interested in personal relations and the way that different people have clear but predictable differences in their relative strengths and weaknesses and preferences. Socionic theory reflected what I had observed and had already to some extent intuitvely knew to be correct. In this sense I found it fascinating, it filled in the picture where before I was just forming a outline. I am on this forum as I still have a genuine interest in this theory, however I am more interested in the interactions between the diverse and generally intelligent members.

    Socionics shouldn't have to do anything, it describes an aspect of social systems, it describes aspect of indvidual cognition and the exchange of information. As soon as the system is described, it does of course change the system, awareness distorts, it will create bias and give names to groups, that otherwise would not have been formalised through language, so of course as/if socionics spreads these changes will grow and be magnified. However I do not believe that having 'socionics' do anything would be particularly helpful, due to the potential for stereotyping (imagine playground bullying etc., employer prejudice etc.), and the possibility of some people assuming type-confirming behaviours. However that is not to say that if picked up organically by teachers, researchers etc... it could be useful for helping people understand themselves, their strengths and weaknesses, and aspects of their social world, this is very much how I have used it.
    IEE-Ne

  13. #13
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Become less hokey and actually be grounded in more realistic terms.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_neuroscience
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviorism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_psychology

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat View Post
    What do you want to use socionics for?


    destroying alexander bukalov.
    lol
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    As soon as the system is described, it does of course change the system, awareness distorts, it will create bias and give names to groups, that otherwise would not have been formalised through language, so of course as/if socionics spreads these changes will grow and be magnified.
    I do notice differences whenever I go to other forums about MBTI, where they aren't aware of quadras. There is more of an attitude that says 'anybody can talk to anybody.' I'm thinking of PersonalityCafe, for instance - I don't really like it over there, but I sometimes go there out of boredom. I like it that anybody can talk to anybody, so yeah, in that way, there is an absence of bias. Over here we're more likely to assume that we shouldn't even try to talk to particular people.

    However, even without the knowledge of the system, people are still having preferences for particular types that they like, and they avoid types that they dislike. They just don't have a good way to describe why they don't like those types. Also, I see so many people who don't even know what to look for, when they try to imagine what kinds of relationships would be the most desirable and the easiest for them. So I definitely prefer socionics.

  15. #15
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would like to use Socionics for many many reasons and areas of life. Everything from Business, Law, to Psychology, and Medicine; I'm always reading different publications to see how the idea may be applied to other scenes and areas of life. Just the other day my boyfriend suggested that I speak at a seminar.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bank job.

  17. #17
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess at this point, nothing. I decided I don't really like trying to make accurate assumptions about people. I wouldn't want them to do that to me and I would rather accept people and myself for what I am in a given moment, rather than feel a need to be consistent.

    I guess some people will think that is immoral or that I'm not being fair with people, but I would then say they aren't being fair to me either, if such a claim was made against me.

    It's also kind of annoying not really knowing how much of this stuff mirrors reality or is just a result of my mind wanting to make answers out of an ever-changing reality. I suppose, in truth, there isn't much difference between the two, however.

    It would be cool if someone were able to come up with a Model T approach that could stand up to scientific scrutiny though. I think something like that in the scope of socionics could be a lot more interesting when we can show what assumptions we are making.

    It always seemed odd to me that some types can be labeled 'harmonizers' and yet have a specifically defined relationship with all the other types. If that were always true, then the type wouldn't be harmonizing, would they?

  18. #18
    Atlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I guess at this point, nothing. I decided I don't really like trying to make accurate assumptions about people. I wouldn't want them to do that to me and I would rather accept people and myself for what I am in a given moment, rather than feel a need to be consistent.

    I guess some people will think that is immoral or that I'm not being fair with people, but I would then say they aren't being fair to me either, if such a claim was made against me.

    It's also kind of annoying not really knowing how much of this stuff mirrors reality or is just a result of my mind wanting to make answers out of an ever-changing reality. I suppose, in truth, there isn't much difference between the two, however.

    It would be cool if someone were able to come up with a Model T approach that could stand up to scientific scrutiny though. I think something like that in the scope of socionics could be a lot more interesting when we can show what assumptions we are making.

    It always seemed odd to me that some types can be labeled 'harmonizers' and yet have a specifically defined relationship with all the other types. If that were always true, then the type wouldn't be harmonizing, would they?
    I don't think any typology can meet your scientific expectations. Just how accurately do you think science can describe 'you'? Do you think your personality and your identity can be represented in a numerical model? Is that what you hope to have when psychology finally 'mirrors reality'? I'm genuinely curious if you think this is possible, and if so, what do you think it would look like? How would you overcome philosophical problems like the question of the human machine and our uniqueness as a species and as individuals?

    I've recently begun believing that abstractions that cannot be numerically expressed govern our human experience, something psychology tries to investigate, hence their incongruity.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mental masturbation came to mind when I saw this. Im not sure yet. So far socionics has helped me to understand stuff that always been there, I just didn't know WHY it was - I don't have as much doubt now.

  20. #20
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me socionics can be pleasant as:
    mental masturbation <3
    seducing people
    something to talk about with fellow hobbyists, especially when in a group who doesn't understand it and don't want to be reduced into mere letters
    seducing people
    playing with people

  21. #21
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Socionics uses me. I do n t use it. Im a victim.

  22. #22
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I was looking into socionics in the beginning, I guess I was looking for a new way to understand myself or something. Forer effect or whatever, before that I'd always taken personality type tests and felt like I'd figured out a few pieces of who exactly I was at that moment. And it happened to also try to give some insight into who my counterpoint would be, which was cool too. After I delved into it further, I guess a lot of the underlying assumptions of the theory (information metabolism, cognitive preferences and capabilities, etc) have pretty much become part of how I fundamentally view reality. Socionics itself has more or less become my standing best explanation of people and how they get along or don't, so I tend to put on my Rus-colored glasses when I run into problems or I just get bored. I have a hard time nailing down people's types irl so it's a pretty limited tool for me.

  23. #23
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Are you interested in socionics for a reason? Are you in this forum just because you're bored and need something to do? What would you like to use socionics to do?
    Yes, for a reason.
    Yes, I am in forum just because I am bored.
    Food.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ultimately I use socionics for the upliftment of the middle class and the betterment of the human race.

    It's not that I want people to be kinder in like a weak way, preaching that others should treat each other more decently is what any politician could do. It's that we are in a real battle in the real world of evil forces set out to destroy the middle class. It's not just an evaporation on the class, it's a serious destruction of an entire group of people.

    On a grand meditative scale, there is a bio-feedback-link that exists between 'us' and them', ie people who are exploiting you and feeding upon all your empathy to nourish themselves .....as immoral as that is to most of us, there is still a sort of connection. The connection must be slowly and meticulously severed in order for them to become immortal. (and in turn, the rest of us perished) But don't feed in and start hating them or take my post too intensely because that's another part of The Trick.

    The conquest for immortality, like anything else isn't something that's done in 'one grand gesture all at once.' There is a tempo to all of it, and the primarily plan to first destroy a race is to destroy the tempo. Once somebody's proper understanding of tempo, rhythm and universal flow is cut off from themselves, you easily control them and manipulate other authority figures to always keep your eye on them. You try to give them a sense of fake guilt, and so everybody who is in positions of power is corrupt and will look upon people who can still feel guilty to control them, because they lack the balls to stand up to those who are truly incapable of guilt or empathy. You see this weakness and perversion all the time in society, where we only chastise those who can be chastised. This weakness is exactly how The First Evil plans to execute every person who is in middle class, as well as every person who in search of their own identity- because your own true, unique identity self is part of your inner god-demon, which is how anybody becomes immortal in the first place. They are just much farther along in the tempo of things, although they are still effected by disease.

    And then there is also the technological imprint to say none of this matters and to just 'lighten up' and that's what they want you to do. If a human being is suffering and you laugh at them, whoever needs your help will naturally just become mad at you. In the end, this isn't to be taken personally but understood in the objective sense. They want us to turn on each other and eat our own family (other middle classers) instead of get along , and have real hate be under the thin veil of 'Oh I was just joking around.' Thus the rage boils until finally an all war will break out and we kill each other, and they feed on this destruction and chaos that they instigated, in order to manifest a portal that will allow them to achieve pure heavenly bliss.

    This is already done in a diluted way with Hollywood vs. Suburban folk and it will just keep on going on until a greater equanimity is achieved, until a proper revolution takes place and we do not let ourselves be intimidated by the mask of fake niceness. Or.... until we are destroyed. There are real lives at stake here and you don't really know what's going to happen, you can only skip and dance to a musical flow and tempo of things to control all other reality and see where everybody else is going vibrationally. If wars are fought they must be done to the proper beat or you will be warped back in another 'stuck dimension' whereas the other people are pulling your puppet strings from another line they took in the eternal hexagonal sphere of the universe. It seems so far away, and that's how the illusion of spacetime is maintained. "It seems" , "it appears", "it looks to be this" but NO NO NO. Don't see through just the veils you want to see, see through it ALL. Once you see reality as it truly is its such an awakening experience that your cells in your body should literally feel like they are raising. Congratulations, a gay male Shaman who is now level 99 (me) just helped you.
    Last edited by bnd; 10-11-2011 at 11:49 AM.

  25. #25
    Hello...? somavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Ultimately I use socionics for the upliftment of the middle class and the betterment of the human race.

    It's not that I want people to be kinder in like a weak way, preaching that others should treat each other more decently is what any politician could do. It's that we are in a real battle in the real world of evil forces set out to destroy the middle class. It's not just an evaporation on the class, it's a serious destruction of an entire group of people.

    On a grand meditative scale, there is a bio-feedback-link that exists between 'us' and them', ie people who are exploiting you and feeding upon all your empathy to nourish themselves .....as immoral as that is to most of us, there is still a sort of connection. The connection must be slowly and meticulously severed in order for them to become immortal. (and in turn, the rest of us perished) But don't feed in and start hating them or take my post too intensely because that's another part of The Trick.

    The conquest for immortality, like anything else isn't something that's done in 'one grand gesture all at once.' There is a tempo to all of it, and the primarily plan to first destroy a race is to destroy the tempo. Once somebody's proper understanding of tempo, rhythm and universal flow is cut off from themselves, you easily control them and manipulate other authority figures to always keep your eye on them. You try to give them a sense of fake guilt, and so everybody who is in positions of power is corrupt and will look upon people who can still feel guilty to control them, because they lack the balls to stand up to those who are truly incapable of guilt or empathy. You see this weakness and perversion all the time in society, where we only chastise those who can be chastised. This weakness is exactly how The First Evil plans to execute every person who is in middle class, as well as every person who in search of their own identity- because your own true, unique identity self is part of your inner god-demon, which is how anybody becomes immortal in the first place. They are just much farther along in the tempo of things, although they are still effected by disease.

    And then there is also the technological imprint to say none of this matters and to just 'lighten up' and that's what they want you to do. If a human being is suffering and you laugh at them, whoever needs your help will naturally just become mad at you. In the end, this isn't to be taken personally but understood in the objective sense. They want us to turn on each other and eat our own family (other middle classers) instead of get along , and have real hate be under the thin veil of 'Oh I was just joking around.' Thus the rage boils until finally an all war will break out and we kill each other, and they feed on this destruction and chaos that they instigated, in order to manifest a portal that will allow them to achieve pure heavenly bliss.

    This is already done in a diluted way with Hollywood vs. Suburban folk and it will just keep on going on until a greater equanimity is achieved, until a proper revolution takes place and we do not let ourselves be intimidated by the mask of fake niceness. Or.... until we are destroyed. There are real lives at stake here and you don't really know what's going to happen, you can only skip and dance to a musical flow and tempo of things to control all other reality and see where everybody else is going vibrationally. If wars are fought they must be done to the proper beat or you will be warped back in another 'stuck dimension' whereas the other people are pulling your puppet strings from another line they took in the eternal hexagonal sphere of the universe. It seems so far away, and that's how the illusion of spacetime is maintained. "It seems" , "it appears", "it looks to be this" but NO NO NO. Don't see through just the veils you want to see, see through it ALL. Once you see reality as it truly is its such an awakening experience that your cells in your body should literally feel like they are raising. Congratulations, a gay male Shaman who is now level 99 (me) just helped you.
    Who do the middle classes feed off?
    Last edited by somavision; 10-11-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    IEE-Ne

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Who do the middle classes feed off?
    Haha!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •