Thread: thoughts and dreams on video

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default thoughts and dreams on video

this is craaaazy.

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientist...brain-activity

UC Berkeley scientists have developed a system to capture visual activity in human brains and reconstruct it as digital video clips. Eventually, this process will allow you to record and reconstruct your own dreams on a computer screen.

I just can't believe this is happening for real, but according to Professor Jack Gallant—UC Berkeley neuroscientist and coauthor of the research published today in the journal Current Biology—"this is a major leap toward reconstructing internal imagery. We are opening a window into the movies in our minds."

Creepy-bg

wow! very cool!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be awesome if it were true! I'm very skeptical about the dream reproduction, since I generally don't remember them clearly, but rather a general sensation + the atmosphere, the feeling. If I dream strangers, I can somehow describe them by associating them with real people (general look and personality), but I could not describe them precisely, although they are authentic at the time. How could a computer do it? But if this is just a matter of recalling, and the accurate information actually existed, it would be one of the coolest things to be able to keep them recorded on a tape. (and I hope the sounds and music in the dreams could be reproduced as well )
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great! The possibilities are enormous, and not just bound to dreams. This could be revolutionary for art, not only still images but full length mentally recreated stories. Artists of the future may be practicing internal imagery instead of the un-intuitive sketching/painting/drawing/digital alteration! It will deeply aid information transfer, and transcend all cultural and language boundaries. Amazing. I'm sure we've all wondered at this technology, but I wasn't sure it was even possible... yet it looks like it has a long way to go, though, and probably won't be accessible even if it does make more amazing breakthroughs within the coming decades.

This is one of the reasons biotechnology is so awesome