Thread: What type am I? with a new poll which I will link to from the old one

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type am I? with a new poll which I will link to from the old one.

Not that it matters too much, but I made a new poll now with all the options (including 'none of the above' if it will let me put that many options).

This is the previous thread, which got pretty bizarre after a while. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ate-Am-I-a-SLI

The poll has multiple choice, so if you suspect several different things, you can put them all. Darn it! I should have mentioned that in the title above the poll! People might not realize it until it's too late. Oh well, I'll try to remember that for the future.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-06-2011 at 01:41 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

there's no poll

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay did you really make this poll for two people? because out of 20 people only 2 said you weren't SLI so this is really pointless. just stick to one type thread in a week, especially if its pretty damn clear what you are, to yourself and everyone else.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry in retrospect that was super bitchy. carry on... it is a socionics forum afteralls
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, normally I would have done only one. The other one was old and it got reopened after being inactive for a while. This one can be open for the future if anyone ever has differing opinions again. So yeah, I wouldn't want to do more than one thread either, it's ok.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    there's no poll
    I think you must have clicked this thread during the time period when I was slowly and painstakingly typing in each and every poll option . First, it lets you post the thread, and in the couple of minutes after the thread now exists and is there for everyone to see, the poll hasn't appeared yet because you're still stuck there in the process of making it. So it should be working now.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, after seeing her videos on YouTube and reading quite a number of her blog posts, I have decided on EII. I'll share why. (Note: I have Nicole's permission to reference her blogs and videos).

First of all, from her blogs it is obvious that she is very, very concerned with aspects of physical health. This is a strong case for Si, but the question is: as a manifestation of which function? Apperently, she suffers from some serious kind of allergy, and is easily affected by various chemicals. The thing is, she is rather radical with dealing with this issue: clothes don't get washed, but are discarded and replaced by new ones when needed. Furniture contaminated with chemicals are also discarded etc. etc. Now this doesn't strike me at all as a Si-base person, since an Si-base person would graciously and effectively be capable of preventing such issues in the first place, even without thinking. However, for Nicole, comfort creation, or rather discomfort avoidance, seems to be a huge effort that involves a lot of her energy. So to me, it's far more likely that she is either an Si-role or Si-mobilizing person, i.e., IxI or xII.

Now watching the video youtu.be/Jq7qbacJxq0, the thing that strike me first, is the 'tortured' tone of voice in which she is speaking. This style of speech, imo, is most characteristic of leading-Fi types.

In the video she also says that the fisherman further down the creek probably doesn't want her to videotape him. Also, on her last blog (http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/2011...ecliner-today/) she states: "The recliner is not safe to use. I didn’t want to put it on a curb someplace where somebody might try to salvage it and get contaminated... I wanted to take it directly to the trash dump so that, as I said, nobody would try to salvage it off the curb...." Both show a lot of consideration for other people, which is more typical of the self-sacrificial nature of Fi-ego types. LIIs do not typically self-sacrifice. Neither so ILIs and IEIs, their social position is more likely one of subjugation.

Finally, overall her blog posts are typically very long, detailed and (perhaps dangerously) honest, without sounding hystrionic, which points to Delta-NF. She also has been living in a car since about two months, and this experience seems to have 'disconnected' her from the worries of society at large. Of course, retreating from the world is a very Delta thing to do, but SLIs and LSEs would most definitively retreat in comfort. Retreating in discomfort (or rather to tolerate it) is more the Delta-NF thing to do.

Now of course this is a very condensed version of my analysis, but it does state my reasons why I think she is EII.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read many of your posts, so I don't have a clear opinion of your type but don't see anything against your self-typing either. I just wonder why the next best alternative to the SLI typing is EII rather than ESI?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious: what do you (and other forum members) see in Nicole that speaks in favor of SLI?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    ...I just wonder why the next best alternative to the SLI typing is EII rather than ESI?
    I highly doubt an ESI would purposely opt to live in a car.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I highly doubt an ESI would purposely opt to live in a car.
    Yeah, my ESI mom flipped out when I told her I was going to live in my car. She was extremely worried about it and said that there could not possibly be *anything* good that I could gain by doing this. She still doesn't like it but has gotten used to it. She keeps telling me that I need to go down the normal pathway of get an apartment, get a better job, work more hours, pay more bills, and more bills, and more bills, and maybe go back to college, and go in debt, etc, etc, etc, because the economy is going to get better, because we all know that economies always get better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious: what do you (and other forum members) see in Nicole that speaks in favor of SLI?
    Nothing stands out to me at the moment. I only noted her very health focus lifestyle. Also her sense of uncertainty and her mode of going about typing people. A lack of a certain style of assertiveness which may be a reflection of negative life experiences. She also seems to be more comfortable with Fi valuers moreso than Fe ones, which indicate Gamma/Delta. Further interaction/reading of her posts would be necessary before being able to come to a more informed opinion.

What you wrote in attribution of Fi ego:
    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    Also, on her last blog (http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/2011...ecliner-today/) she states: "The recliner is not safe to use. I didn’t want to put it on a curb someplace where somebody might try to salvage it and get contaminated... I wanted to take it directly to the trash dump so that, as I said, nobody would try to salvage it off the curb...." Both show a lot of consideration for other people, which is more typical of the self-sacrificial nature of Fi-ego types.
    This may be said to be true of any reasonably considerate person and not type related though a strong focus on it may be. I did look at her fisherman video though, as well as considered your arguments for Si hidden agenda and do agree that EII is not impossible based on these.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, after seeing her videos on YouTube and reading quite a number of her blog posts, I have decided on EII. I'll share why. (Note: I have Nicole's permission to reference her blogs and videos).

First of all, from her blogs it is obvious that she is very, very concerned with aspects of physical health. This is a strong case for Si, but the question is: as a manifestation of which function? Apperently, she suffers from some serious kind of allergy, and is easily affected by various chemicals. The thing is, she is rather radical with dealing with this issue: clothes don't get washed, but are discarded and replaced by new ones when needed. Furniture contaminated with chemicals are also discarded etc. etc. Now this doesn't strike me at all as a Si-base person, since an Si-base person would graciously and effectively be capable of preventing such issues in the first place, even without thinking. However, for Nicole, comfort creation, or rather discomfort avoidance, seems to be a huge effort that involves a lot of her energy. So to me, it's far more likely that she is either an Si-role or Si-mobilizing person, i.e., IxI or xII.

Now watching the video youtu.be/Jq7qbacJxq0, the thing that strike me first, is the 'tortured' tone of voice in which she is speaking. This style of speech, imo, is most characteristic of leading-Fi types.

In the video she also says that the fisherman further down the creek probably doesn't want her to videotape him. Also, on her last blog (http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/2011...ecliner-today/) she states: "The recliner is not safe to use. I didn’t want to put it on a curb someplace where somebody might try to salvage it and get contaminated... I wanted to take it directly to the trash dump so that, as I said, nobody would try to salvage it off the curb...." Both show a lot of consideration for other people, which is more typical of the self-sacrificial nature of Fi-ego types. LIIs do not typically self-sacrifice. Neither so ILIs and IEIs, their social position is more likely one of subjugation.

Finally, overall her blog posts are typically very long, detailed and (perhaps dangerously) honest, without sounding hystrionic, which points to Delta-NF. She also has been living in a car since about two months, and this experience seems to have 'disconnected' her from the worries of society at large. Of course, retreating from the world is a very Delta thing to do, but SLIs and LSEs would most definitively retreat in comfort. Retreating in discomfort (or rather to tolerate it) is more the Delta-NF thing to do.

Now of course this is a very condensed version of my analysis, but it does state my reasons why I think she is EII.
    I didn't have enough time to get to this yesterday because I was working.

It's actually been rather flattering, every time someone has typed me as some other type, such as EII or ILI, because they often say very nice things to me such as 'your writing is deep and thoughtful' (I'm paraphrasing, but you get the general idea), and 'you're considerate to other people.'

When you described my vocal tone as 'tortured,' I would totally agree with you, and I would say it's not socionics related. It is a very accurate description of my voice, and it's interesting to me because it's something you observed independently that didn't come from socionics, but just from listening to me. This is going to sound strange, but, usually when I get inspired to make a video, I'm having one of my chemical sensitivity reactions. One of the effects that happens when I'm having a reaction is that I often seem like I'm about to cry, and you can sometimes hear that in my voice.

But also, my voice is tortured because I myself have suffered through a terrible hell for years and years now, one thing after another, and I have indeed been extremely unhappy. I constantly experience 'unwanted mental phenomena.' We don't need to debate here about what's causing my mental phenomena, just simply that I experience it. So for instance, during the video where I went to Fisherman's Paradise, the one you mentioned, I was struggling to talk about something, while, at that very same time, I was experiencing the 'mental phenomena.'

While I struggle to talk, I also experience a sensation that someone else is controlling me from outside, forcing me to say particular things, and forcibly preventing me from saying other things. (and again, at the moment we're not debating what causes this to happen, we're just talking about the fact that I experience this.) Every moment, I feel like a puppet, unable to say what I want to say or think what I want to think, but instead, speaking someone else's words, while the real me is silenced.

This is a form of torture, the struggle to express my real self while I cannot do it. And in fact, the attacks cause physical discomfort or pain, depending on what state I'm in when they happen, so I am unable to relax and be physically comfortable or 'in the moment.' If I try to silence my mind and think about something to say, I get 'attacks' during that moment of silence.

That was indeed happening while the videos were being made.

So you see accurately that I don't seem to be behaving like a SLI, and you also see accurately that I am tortured and not happy. You would see that I seem inhibited, and that is true, I am extremely inhibited and unable to enjoy the immediate moment. I am burdened with an ongoing painful situation. I'm thinking of 'Lord of the Rings.' Frodo is carrying the ring and it changes him. My whole life is like that.

I'm glad that you looked at my videos and blog and got an impression of how I feel, and it is quite accurate.

As for being concerned that someone else might take the recliner I was throwing away, I believe that is Si-related. I have had several years of really bad experiences with this contamination. It causes terrible symptoms. I've tried to explain it to other people, such as my family, and they don't believe me - but I have seen it happen to them, even while they deny it. For instance, my mother and father came over to help me get all the stuff out of my apartment because I was sort of being evicted (a couple years ago). The drug residues cause heart problems such as high blood pressure, heart palpitations (you can suddenly feel your heart beating in a strange way), arrhythmia (heart not beating properly, the parts of the heart not working together), tachycardia (fast heartbeat over 100 beats per minute), and angina (chest pain).

My dad helped me in the apartment, and then, not too long after being home, he went to the doctor and was suddenly diagnosed with extremely severe high blood pressure, which he did not have before. He would say that it was a mere coincidence, and so would everyone else. I believe it was the result of handling the stuff in my apartment, because I myself had (temporary) severe heart problems, which would immediately go away if I washed the stuff off.

I became extremely concerned that nobody else should ever accidentally inherit any of the objects I threw away. I knew it would cause people to go to the doctor with unexplained problems, and the doctors would just give them pills for it (like my dad, who is now using blood pressure pills). It was the result of years and years of horrible experiences which caused me to be very concerned that other people should be protected against the things that were giving me so many problems. So I feel that it is still Si-related.

My experiences and observations were a combination of Si and Te. Si: I pay extremely close attention to my physical body sensations, and I am bothered by the fact that my body has some kind of discomfort which prevents me from relaxing and enjoying my life.

So I notice all of the things that are causing the discomfort. The Te is what I'm using when I observe what works and what doesn't work. Do I get the desired result? If I am washing stuff off my skin, a thousand people can tell me that it's all imaginary, that it can't possibly be a 'drug residue' causing my symptoms, but I will ignore them, because washing it off actually works: the physical sensations (Si) will effectively go away and I'll achieve the desired result (Te) of becoming once again relaxed and comfortable. I observe what works and what doesn't work. The end goal is to prevent the physical discomfort, to prevent an undesired Si state, so that I can relax and experience desirable Si states.

It's not just for only Si, though. My various forms of physical discomfort, and my 'unwanted mental phenomena,' prevent me from bonding and enjoying relationships. I have had a couple boyfriends over the past few years, but it's been hard for me to just relax and enjoy their company and bond deeply with them (Fi). We all seem to agree that I'm Fi-valuing (I've only been typed as SLI, EII, and possibly ILI), so that's not an issue really. But anyway that's another reason why fixing my Si problems, my unwanted physical states, is so important to me.

So I argue for Si Te based on the way that I observe my body sensations, place great importance on them, intensely value a body that doesn't feel unhealthy or have unwanted sensations, and that this matters to me more than almost anything else. And Te comes from the way that I do what I observe works, even if other people tell me that it doesn't work, or that none of it exists and it's all in my imagination.

I'm also strongly attracted to IEEs and EIIs and other people who have either Ne or Fi, and I experienced an IEE duality when I was younger.

Anyway, thanks for paying attention, like I said, everyone who's retyped me has actually said very nice things about me as an explanation for the retyping.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and by the way, for everyone's information, I didn't just spontaneously imagine, out of nowhere, that I was contaminated. It actually began with something specific. Several years ago, I was handling, and attempting to grow, a variety of different medicinal herbs. The oils from the herbs are what began the contamination. I observed that I had severe reactions from touching the herbs or the seeds, and I observed that the oils seemed to spread to other objects that I touched or that were near the plants or that had even touched the envelopes that some of the seeds came in. It's a long, long story as to how I learned all the 'rules' for how the contamination phenomena worked. But that was how it began, it wasn't just something I invented out of nowhere.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sounds very much like an ESI PInkStrider, and taking into account your drift with symbolism, there is no way, you're not ILI.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was very long reponse to my analysis, which actually strengthened my impression that you are EII, e.g.:

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    ...So you see accurately that I don't seem to be behaving like a SLI, and you also see accurately that I am tortured and not happy. You would see that I seem inhibited, and that is true, I am extremely inhibited and unable to enjoy the immediate moment. I am burdened with an ongoing painful situation. I'm thinking of 'Lord of the Rings.' Frodo is carrying the ring and it changes him. My whole life is like that....
    although I don't think I ever implied that you seem imhibited (in fact, I think you're not), it does fit with the rest of this quote, which would fit leading Fi types perfectly, although ESIs typically are way too private to be as candid as you are.

Anyway, basically you are saying that you are SLI, bur health issues make you appear like another type, e.g. EII. If this is true, it is imposible for us to type you correctly. We need to find a way around this: tell us about the time before this contamination-issue started. What was your life like back then? Perhaps then we might be able to type you differently.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Sounds very much like an ESI PInkStrider, and taking into account your drift with symbolism, there is no way, you're not ILI.
    I'm not sure which symbolism you're referring to, but yeah, that's a good point, symbolism usually goes right over my head, and I miss out on a lot of jokes because of that. In fact I dislike 'symbolism' most of the time - it sort of annoys me. Like, why would people bother saying something as a symbol when they should just say it directly. I feel no need to be 'secretive' and hide things in symbols. I suspect this might possibly be Ni-disvaluing. So I wouldn't be ILI. And I can't do things that the other ILIs are able to do, when they talk.

Well, okay, so I do hide things in symbols, but not in the Ni way, just the Fe-PoLR way.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was very long reponse to my analysis, which actually strengthened my impression that you are EII, e.g.:

although I don't think I ever implied that you seem imhibited (in fact, I think you're not), it does fit with the rest of this quote, which would fit leading Fi types perfectly, although ESIs typically are way too private to be as candid as you are.

Anyway, basically you are saying that you are SLI, bur health issues make you appear like another type, e.g. EII. If this is true, it is imposible for us to type you correctly. We need to find a way around this: tell us about the time before this contamination-issue started. What was your life like back then? Perhaps then we might be able to type you differently.
    I can mention that my best friend, from the past, was an IEE, and I felt like she was my dual (not a mirror). I also have dated an ILE. That would have been a supervision relation if I were an EII, but it was more like a semi-dual relation. However, I won't get into all that here.

When I was younger I did a lot more artwork than I do now. I used to draw cartoons, mostly anthropomorphic animals, and I copied a lot of the cartoon styles from the cartoons on TV. I was known as an artist, in school, but I felt as though people were blowing it out of proportion and thinking I was better than I actually was. Everyone just thought of me if anybody asked 'Is there an artist in the house?' But I only did cartoons - I wasn't as good at drawing the extremely thorough detailed realistic pictures.

I also wanted to do lots of crafts. If I ever walked through the fabric store, I would get all excited at the sight of all the millions of different fabrics, and I would fantasize about all the clothes that I could make with them, but I never actually did it. Once in a while I would buy beads and make little pieces of jewelry.

I also used to do these sort of adventurous experiences when I was in college, like running out in the rain and the snow, and I was frustrated whenever my friends didn't want to come along with me. I loved how it felt to go out in the rain. This was actually an important part of how I saw myself, back then, and how I distinguished myself from other people - I thought that I was 'the type of person who likes going out in the rain' and I thought that other people weren't that way.

So in the past there was a lot more stuff that was stereotypically associated with either the ISFP or ISTP type as a 'crafter' or 'artist' type.

I've never identified with the descriptions of either 'judging' types (MBTI) or 'rational' types. I am just a wandering-along-until-stuff-happens type. I actually always envied people who were more decisive than I was, because I thought that they could get more done, while I just sat around passively.

I could use the 'I can't do Ne' approach to this argument, too. I really like it when other people are able to see what I'm saying, to see what I mean. That IEE best friend I used to have was able to do it. She would listen to what I said, and then go 'So you're saying xyz,' and she'd try to sum up whatever I meant, whatever I was struggling to express.

I haven't actually changed a lot since the 'problems' began a few years ago, except that I've been more unhappy and less inclined to do anything that I enjoy. I also am less able to speak my own words. I used to express myself verbally more easily, I used to have a sense of humor (I was just digging through some old papers today and I found something funny but I forget what it was... oh - I recall something awesome and poetic: I made a little tongue twister about the snow blowing across the road - 'snow seems like sidewinders sliding sideways across the road' or something like that, not those exact words.). I used to use my Ni role a lot more often and I wrote bizarre little weird ideas in my journal, but I can compare my Ni to that of other people who have it as their base function and it's obvious that I can't do as much as they can.

I'd like to say 'I can't do four-dimensional relationship ethics,' except for the fact that I don't even know what that is or how to describe it.

I could also say 'I'm not Se-PoLR.' I could explain how I'm Fe-PoLR, except that Fe-PoLR and Fe-ignoring seem similar (and Fe-ignoring would be EII) - both of them are Fe disvaluing.

It's kind of hard for me to defend a SLI typing because I actually don't feel that there is any real threat to it. People will have to try really, really hard to dislodge me from this typing.

Eh, maybe I'll think some more about this tomorrow. I don't have much to work with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure which symbolism you're referring to, but yeah, that's a good point, symbolism usually goes right over my head, and I miss out on a lot of jokes because of that. In fact I dislike 'symbolism' most of the time - it sort of annoys me. Like, why would people bother saying something as a symbol when they should just say it directly. I feel no need to be 'secretive' and hide things in symbols. I suspect this might possibly be Ni-disvaluing. So I wouldn't be ILI. And I can't do things that the other ILIs are able to do, when they talk.

Well, okay, so I do hide things in symbols, but not in the Ni way, just the Fe-PoLR way.
    Absurd's just being stupid. He was suggesting ILI not for you, but for me because of my admitted appreciation for symbolism. But I'll take this opportunity to point out that symbolism isn't related to type. Symbols and metaphors can aid quick communication especially where an allusion to such is generally understood.

Sure, many Ni devaluing types aren't into the abstract, but I'd argue that equally so is the number of Si devaluing types who aren't as grounded as purported. They merely wouldn't be recognized as such. Your error here is attributing traits which you do not relate to, yet isn't necessarily related to devalued Ni as "not Si valuing". It is an error that you consistently make.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd's just being stupid.
    I think this a beginning of a beautiful friendship.

It is an error that you consistently make.
    Don't supervise her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this a beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Don't supervise her.
    Two can play at this game.

Your complete lack of awareness of cause-effect links beyond the point of your nose had me wondering if you might Te PoLR for a while now.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two can play at this game.

Your complete lack of awareness of cause-effect links beyond the point of your nose had me wondering if you might Te PoLR for a while now.
    I don't even think about cause-effects or some shit like that, it's not like I am terribly immersed into socionics you claim it doesn't exist which I find quite illogical to begin with, I guess intertype relations you speak about don't exist either. Anyway, vote for her type. Poll is above your head which you fail to notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even think about cause-effects or some shit like that, it's not like I am terribly immersed into socionics you claim it doesn't exist which I find quite illogical to begin with, I guess intertype relations you speak about don't exist either. Anyway, vote for her type. Poll is above your head which you fail to notice.
    Hypocrite. You don't realize how much your actions betray your own intentions. You care for socionics like the shits. Far more than everyone else here except perhaps Maritsa, which is why self-typing bothers you so as much as it does. Do yourself a favor and stop pretending not to care when you so obviously do.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hypocrite. You don't realize how much your actions betray your own intentions. You care for socionics like the shits. Far more than everyone else here except perhaps Maritsa, which is why self-typing bothers you so as much as it does. Do yourself a favor and stop pretending not to care when you so obviously do.
    Your self-typing doesn't bother me at all. It's nothing personal, unless I want it to. I just find it hilarious you flying off the handle or agreeing with any one without even checking the validity of some statement. Like I said, Maritsa is illogical. She typed me SLE once just by me stating that brain produces certain chemicals, and guess what, she typed these chemicals Se dominant.

I don't have to pretend, I just say what I want to say. I mean, I don't have some agenda to get along with any one on here or to please them. Fuck that. Definitely don't have live and let live attitude.

Oh ye, in case you haven't noticed, this is Nicole's thread. I have mine fully armed and operational, comes with a poll and lifetime guarantee. Talk shit there and I'm sure as hell I'm going to welcome you appropriately.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can mention that my best friend, from the past, was an IEE, and I felt like she was my dual (not a mirror). I also have dated an ILE. That would have been a supervision relation if I were an EII, but it was more like a semi-dual relation. However, I won't get into all that here.

When I was younger I did a lot more artwork than I do now. I used to draw cartoons, mostly anthropomorphic animals, and I copied a lot of the cartoon styles from the cartoons on TV. I was known as an artist, in school, but I felt as though people were blowing it out of proportion and thinking I was better than I actually was. Everyone just thought of me if anybody asked 'Is there an artist in the house?' But I only did cartoons - I wasn't as good at drawing the extremely thorough detailed realistic pictures.
    Mmmm.... this doesn't really shed any light on your type.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't strike me as being particularly SLI, but I haven't read a lot from you yet.

I'm thrown by the concept of throwing away clothing instead of washing it. I'd wash it in water and white vinegar or something before that. It's just so wasteful. I'm blown away by it. And the chemicals that come on new clothes are a ton worse than any kind of detergent you could use.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    You don't strike me as being particularly SLI, but I haven't read a lot from you yet.

I'm thrown by the concept of throwing away clothing instead of washing it. I'd wash it in water and white vinegar or something before that. It's just so wasteful. I'm blown away by it. And the chemicals that come on new clothes are a ton worse than any kind of detergent you could use.
    Yeah.... This was something I started doing as a result of many incidents of trying to wash out the herbal oils from the clothes, only to find that they got spread around to all the clothes in the washer... and I tried washing the same load of laundry literally seven or eight times, only to find that I still had a severe reaction to it. The stuff doesn't come out. I was blown away by it too. I don't get new clothes, I get $0.29 Goodwill clothes. When you have a nearly life-threatening reaction to a substance on your clothing, it gets kind of old after a while to wash it ten times in a row only to find that you're still having a life-threatening reaction to it, so that's when I started throwing it in the trash if it got contaminated.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm.... this doesn't really shed any light on your type.
    That's okay. We'll think of something sooner or later.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's okay. We'll think of something sooner or later.
    I just did:

I hadn’t gone to that blog in a long time and I forgot that it existed. There are some changes in the way they do the paperwork for the non-citizens living in the country, and so he is going to have to keep temporarily living there and then periodically leaving and then coming back, in order to comply with the bureaucracy.He is trying to make it sound like a positive thing but it sounds very painful to me. He also moved out of the city where he knew a lot of people and he says he’s in the process of making new friends where he lives now. But that means he had to tear himself away from all of those people he knew, and of course, they’ll still be ‘friends,’ but not able to see each other all the time. And again he acted like he’s trying to be positive and optimistic about making new friends, but he has to be in pain.
    He bought land and is renovating a house, if I understand correctly. (eh, building one – I looked again.) They are living in a place farther away from the city, next to the shore.
    He will have to keep temporarily living in one place, and then temporarily moving to another place. And at the same time, he is trying to settle down by buying land. I don’t know when he is going to be ready to have children.
    He said he is doing his work over the net. I’m not sure what kind of work he’s doing, but that made me wonder if he’s doing translations again, and he said he hated that. It’s probably something else.
    So everything that I saw looked like pain and grief and hard decisions and doing things he didn’t want to do, but had to, because of the laws, and because of needing to settle down away from the city. I hadn’t been reading that blog in a long time.
    (source: http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/2011...e-his-friends/)

I rest my case (for Delta NF, I cannot exclude the possibility of IEE).
    Last edited by consentingadult; 10-12-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did:

(source: http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/2011...e-his-friends/)

I rest my case (for Delta NF, I cannot exclude the possibility of IEE).
    So I'm head over heels in love with my mirror relation?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm head over heels in love with my mirror relation?
    Why, do you think that's impossible? You can be head over heels in love with any type, even your conflictor, so why not your identical or mirror?

Do me a favor, type this excerpt:

....Everything I hear people say nowadays, I have heard a thousand times before. By now, I can't bother anymore, but it still hurts. It's pain that makes retreating the appealing thing to do. Still, there is the knowledge that I can't live without other people. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. No way out.

This afternoon she called, out of the blue. I was on the tram and for a moment, time stood still. It felt like a number of vectors came together in on point in the Universe. Paradoxically too: as a statistical improbability that, because of that, became a necessity, or was I imagining that? We agreed to meet at 4.30 for a drink.

The first time I saw her I knew within five minutes I had a soul mate sitting opposite of me. One that did get me thinking about things. Today, on the terrace, it happened again. It overwhelmed me a little: I had anticipated some light conversation, but a few things she said made me want to go deeper. The impulse was dampened by the intimidating knowledge that not everyone appreciates that. So I held back. This is the day where I realize I have a wall surrounding me.

When I watched her from the tram stop crossing the square, I saw a woman disconnected from the rest of the world. She is so close, and yet so far away. I am this close, and still so out of reach.

She made my banks spill over with waterfalls of thoughts.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impulse is to say IEI. I find it slightly difficult to read, slightly annoying and irritating, a bit of a painful struggle. It requires conscious effort for me to read and focus on it - I don't naturally flow with any feeling of interest or excitement. There is a feeling of fear, anxiety, inactiveness, just sitting and watching people and describing them. I hate to say this, but after a while of reading this, I would describe the author as 'whiny.' I might even say EIE. After reading it again, I feel more sure of EIE.

I also feel as though it's written by a woman, even though the speaker talks about being attracted to a woman.

And also, the last line... 'she made my banks spill over with waterfalls of thoughts.' I have mixed, conflicting reactions to this. Part of me recognizes that this would be beautiful and poetic, to other people, but not to me. My reaction is... almost laughable. Like I could joke with somebody and go 'gagggg!' and laugh about how lame it is. While I'm simultaneously aware that that kind of poetry is sought after, by others, just not by me.

What do you think?

*Edit. I hope you're not the author of that.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-12-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In hindsight, it seems like an EIE is obviously the type of the person you would want me to read and respond to. I could have predicted in advance that it's likely you would test me against my conflictor. So that might have been too easy for me to guess.

You may notice my method of typing there. I went by my own physical sensations and feelings. I didn't talk about the text itself or describe objective attributes about that text. Instead, I said 'I experienced this and that sensation, a sensation of tension, anxiety, blah blah blah.' That is the easiest way for me to type my conflictors. I believe in the system of socionics strongly enough that I trust those sensations to give me accurate information about what type someone probably is.

After reading it several times, I could try to verbalize the reasons why the writing fits the descriptions of the Fe elements and Ni elements. But that would not be the actual method I used. My actual method was to observe my own self saying 'Yuck, I don't like this. It's my conflictor.' And then I trust the system to work.

That's why I'm able to use socionics at all. Some web pages describe the physical sensations that you experience when you are interacting with particular functions. I can observe those sensations when they happen.

'Boredom' means it's your ignore function, for instance. And I get bored, and skim over, text that contains names and numbers. So I suspect that 'names and numbers' are an example of Se. If I read somebody's name in the middle of a news article, I skip over the name, as though that person has no name. I don't care who they are, I don't care what city they live in, I don't care about their title, I don't care about their political office, I don't care about their college degrees. I think all of those things are probably examples of Se, because I dislike them and ignore them when I'm reading.

This can actually be a nuisance sometimes - I envy people who actually care about names and make an effort to memorize who is who, where they live, what political office they're in, and so on. The downside is that I often forget people's names in real life because I just don't care what their name is.

I hated history class.

The more information I have about how it feels to interact with a particular function, the better I can type people. Each and every function on Model A has a physical sensation associated with it when it is triggered. It has nothing to do with which particular element is in that position. It has nothing to do with Fe as such, Fe in particular, but instead, my feelings of anxiety come from my vulnerable function, which happens to contain Fe. Everybody would feel anxiety when they encounter the element in their vulnerable function, and so, if they observe when they feel anxiety, then they will know that they have probably encountered one of their superego elements.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impulse is to say IEI. I find it slightly difficult to read, slightly annoying and irritating, a bit of a painful struggle. It requires conscious effort for me to read and focus on it - I don't naturally flow with any feeling of interest or excitement. There is a feeling of fear, anxiety, inactiveness, just sitting and watching people and describing them. I hate to say this, but after a while of reading this, I would describe the author as 'whiny.' I might even say EIE. After reading it again, I feel more sure of EIE.

I also feel as though it's written by a woman, even though the speaker talks about being attracted to a woman.

And also, the last line... 'she made my banks spill over with waterfalls of thoughts.' I have mixed, conflicting reactions to this. Part of me recognizes that this would be beautiful and poetic, to other people, but not to me. My reaction is... almost laughable. Like I could joke with somebody and go 'gagggg!' and laugh about how lame it is. While I'm simultaneously aware that that kind of poetry is sought after, by others, just not by me.

What do you think?

*Edit. I hope you're not the author of that.
    Yes, I am the author of that. It was written 6 years ago, in a state of clinical depression. It was written in Dutch, so obviously some things got lost in translation. The reason I posted it here, is because, although it makes you laugh, it is essentially written with similar content and in the same style as your blogs.

Long story short: from your blogs it is clear that you possess the wonderful and beautiful gift of understanding the human condition, and through that understanding a yet unrealized talent for making the lives of your fellow men more bearable. But you deny this. Instead, you claim to be the exact opposite. You flip burgers at McDonalds, live in a car, have serious allergy issues, and 'them' telling you to do things you do not want to do. No way all of this adds up to SLI.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, I edited that previous post about a zillion times. You might have missed a ton of stuff. Sorry for criticizing your writing.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, I edited that previous post about a zillion times. You might have missed a ton of stuff. Sorry for criticizing your writing.
    I see you have changed you post indeed, and my response is not to your latest post. In any case, no offense taken.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I am the author of that. It was written 6 years ago, in a state of clinical depression. It was written in Dutch, so obviously some things got lost in translation. The reason I posted it here, is because, although it makes you laugh, it is essentially written with similar content and in the same style as your blogs.

Long story short: from your blogs it is clear that you possess the wonderful and beautiful gift of understanding the human condition, and through that understanding a yet unrealized talent for making the lives of your fellow men more bearable. But you deny this. Instead, you claim to be the exact opposite. You flip burgers at McDonalds, live in a car, have serious allergy issues, and 'them' telling you to do things you do not want to do. No way all of this adds up to SLI.
    Well, what type are you? I wrote that I thought it was an IEI or EIE. How accurate is that? And yeah, it's probably affected by the translation from Dutch.

Also, I should take into account the fact that the words we write sometimes come from weakness, not strength. Talking and writing a lot is often the opposite of taking action - sometimes, not always. There's a difference between writing with a purpose, versus writing just to vent feelings and frustrations. So if you were writing in a state of depression, you might have been writing from some part of you that wasn't your best. That might mean that you aren't usually the type of person I saw in the writing style there.

But anyway, was my beta NF guess at all accurate?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I could have predicted in advance that it's likely you would test me against my conflictor...
    Not at all! I wanted to hold a mirror in front of you.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what type are you? I wrote that I thought it was an IEI or EIE. How accurate is that? And yeah, it's probably affected by the translation from Dutch.

Also, I should take into account the fact that the words we write sometimes come from weakness, not strength. Talking and writing a lot is often the opposite of taking action - sometimes, not always. There's a difference between writing with a purpose, versus writing just to vent feelings and frustrations. So if you were writing in a state of depression, you might have been writing from some part of you that wasn't your best. That might mean that you aren't usually the type of person I saw in the writing style there.

But anyway, was my beta NF guess at all accurate?
    All I can say about my type, is this:

There are quite some famous people whose types are undisputed, even by me. So I could say my real life typing skills are fairly decent. Going by the intertype dynamics of the relationships with people of various types, I can draw no other conclusion than IEE. Most people here who have typed me seem to agree to that, for what that's worth.

As to my blogs and handful of poems I ever wrote: these were typically written in situations of both physical and psychological isolation. If you stop doing what you are normally doing, disengage socially, and take the time to retreat into yourself, your ID-block will manifest itself strongly. Or so I believe.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I'm processing this to understand it. And I do feel awful for making fun of your writing. But, by the way, I'm not proud of the writing in my blog, either. I write in the blog as the result of my suffering. It's not the type of writing that has a conscious purpose. And in fact I often hate going back and reading over my own stuff that I've written in the past, because I view it as badly written or trying too hard.

Also, it bugs me that I typed that as beta NF instead of delta NF. That's what I'm reprocessing and trying to understand. I know you said that people use their id block whenever they are withdrawn and suffering.

I'm going to write more comments but not all at once in this one post because of the editing phenomenon. So it will be a separate post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast