Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me w/ food ideas

Creepy-female

Default Help me w/ food ideas

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Creepy-male

I suggest McDonalds with sewage lettuce and toilet drinking water

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i make spaghetti almost daily now lol

rice is great. i eat a lot of ramen too. the cup kind is my preference as well.

bagels with cream cheese, yum
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I cant rlly afford McDonalds and a McChicken wont keep past a day or so. Preferably something I could buy at the supermarket in bulk. Ravioli keeps me alive decently for a dollar a can, but Im looking for a few more staples.
    Well I was just joking anyways;

I suggest peanut butter + bread, it gives protein and bread holds well in the stomach, it's also insanely cheap and peanut butter last for a long time. If it's too dry also try it with fruit; grapes, bannanas, apples.

Hardboiled eggs are also good for energy and easier to store in prepared form than other forms of eggs, eggs are loaded with protein for energy, but some people dislike them.

Another really cheap thing to make is pasta; buy pasta, boil it.... buy tomatoe sauce, heat it up in a pot/pan on the stove... add basil to the sauce.... add sauce to pasta -- pasta for under 3 dollars and heating two things up.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think frozen food is a waste of money btw. but maybe thats because i'm cheap and love to cook

Creepy-male

I've found cooking is easy, if you start simple and know some basic things.

I used to only be able to microwave hot pockets in high school but I've learned a few tricks.

Creepy-male

I already have bread w peanut butter, also nutella, they were supposed to help a person gain weight.
    hmrph.... ok lol

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cook with more oils to gain weight? eat more protein too.

Creepy-male

Your body uses protein to rebuild tissues, hence why body builders take protein before/after a work out. It's one of the basic building blocks of human biochemistry.... I'm leaving this thread now though.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

beef and mushrooms and soy sauce is nice and easy. like those big mushrooms.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make a lot of soups and stews, generally with bouillon cubes, some kind of meat, rice/pasta/barley, and whatever fresh and frozen vegetables strike my fancy. For maybe $10 and 10-15 minutes actual kitchen time I can feed myself something nutritious, filling, and tailor-made for two or three days.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Frozen dinners are so easy tho! I wish I loved to cook ^^
    just get drunk before cooking? stick some music on.

don't fry naked though.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Cooking isnt hard but its soo boring omg
    yeh it is. i use the timer on my cellphone cos i get distracted while waiting for shit to happen.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booo korpsey too bad there are no ILIs around to trade sex for food
    slut

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i just texted you my new number

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to not be hungry you need a good proportion of carbs to protein to fat. usually people overdo carbs and fats. fat helps satisfy immediate hunger. skipping protein makes you get hungry sooner again. carbs make you gain weight (fat) but you can easily eat too much of them because of hunger thing. proteins don't help you build weight unless you exercise a lot.

an oversimplification but a useful one.

most products have carbs/protein/fat/vitamin/whatever content written on them (usually in form of a table). meat, cheese and beans are most obvious choice for proteins. nuts are good too but you'd need to eat a lot. potential lack of protein is the issue with vegan diet but if you're eating veggies and not only starchy food you should be alright even then.

ideas? depending on how you rank the cost, canned tuna might be a good hit for proteins (as cheap meat is an oxymoron, i take it?) and also quick. beans need to be cooked but you can get them cut and frozen so it's still super-easy. cheese i'd pick fresh/white/however-you-call-it-cream-cheese-is-like-this over hard ones, but they work too. generally the cheapest 'staple' is starch: cereals, cereal-based products (anything with flour) and potatoes. they might not satisfy your hunger as well on their own but they'll give you plenty of fuel (and curves if that's what you're after).

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Also, cooking drunk is a horrible idea. I remember when I tried to make beefaroni while smashfaced. It's just too difficult.
    music helps

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a lazy cook as well, that's why I often make Pancakes (just flour, mild, eggs and salt), fried potatoes or breaded steak with peas and potatoes. Sometimes I buy sauces in glasses and make some pasta. I don't spend too much money on food but I'm replete every time so I guess I'm doing it right.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ramen is great, but I like the boiled kind because it's easy to make it good with a egg and a handful of spinach or greens/scallions/onions.

Buy some Sesame oil to add for a bit flavor as well. I like frozen food because it tastes better then canned/etc, but it has to be decent kind. Like the stouffers lasagna package/etc, those can be pretty cheap on sale and are not bad. For more expensive frozen food I like Bertolli's which are imo better then most chain restaurants(most of what they serve is also frozen and not fresh).

Not all frozen food are the same, the good ones are better then canned but the bad ones is not really edible imo. Spend the extra money and the food is much better. Stay away from the prepackaged chinese food/etc as well, usually horrible.

Frozen veggies are almost as good as fresh as well, so some peas, carrots, spinach etc in the freezer is not a bad idea.

I love cooking, but hate cleaning, and haven't really had the brain power to cook recently, but I usually need to try something extravagant or I get bored. I really enjoy making food for other people, esp those I like and care about and can help me clean up.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like cooking steak for me and my boyfriend when i wanna be nice. i marinade it a day before using creamy italian dressing, olive oil, a teaspoon of montreal steak seasoning, a tablespoon of soysauce, and i sprinkle ground cummin on it while it's cooking. (amounts apply per lb of meat) its a modified version of a recipe i found online. i don't grill it, just cook it on a frying pan on medium, lowering it if it gets too dark. i like it rare. it's super easy and delicious to make.

@ hkkmr: i want your ramen recipe

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Ramen is great, but I like the boiled kind because it's easy to make it good with a egg and a handful of spinach or greens/scallions/onions.

Buy some Sesame oil to add for a bit flavor as well. I like frozen food because it tastes better then canned/etc, but it has to be decent kind. Like the stouffers lasagna package/etc, those can be pretty cheap on sale and are not bad. For more expensive frozen food I like Bertolli's which are imo better then most chain restaurants(most of what they serve is also frozen and not fresh).

Not all frozen food are the same, the good ones are better then canned but the bad ones is not really edible imo. Spend the extra money and the food is much better. Stay away from the prepackaged chinese food/etc as well, usually horrible.

Frozen veggies are almost as good as fresh as well, so some peas, carrots, spinach etc in the freezer is not a bad idea.

I love cooking, but hate cleaning, and haven't really had the brain power to cook recently, but I usually need to try something extravagant or I get bored. I really enjoy making food for other people, esp those I like and care about and can help me clean up.

I think putting vegetables + sauces in ramen is a really good idea.

Btw, if you are cooking for others but don't want to clean up (as long as it isn't a party or something) just make a deal, that if you cook someone else can clean. Imo it's more fair this way. Just be willing to clean up if they cook so you aren't rude lol

Edit: oops just saw that's what you said D:

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    i like cooking steak for me and my boyfriend when i wanna be nice. i marinade it a day before using creamy italian dressing, olive oil, a teaspoon of montreal steak seasoning, a tablespoon of soysauce, and i sprinkle ground cummin on it while it's cooking. (amounts apply per lb of meat) its a modified version of a recipe i found online. i don't grill it, just cook it on a frying pan on medium, lowering it if it gets too dark. i like it rare. it's super easy and delicious to make.

@ hkkmr: i want your ramen recipe
    I like my steak untouched.

As far as ramen, the broth is most important but in home ramen, this is not possible. So I like to kick it up with some spices. Crack some fresh black pepper on top is good.

Also white pepper is really good when you have a chicken or white broth ramen recipe, it gives it a smoothness and milder flavor then the black pepper.

At the end of cooking ramen, all asians add a egg or two. You can fry it up too and add like a jalapeno if you like spicy food or scallions(rest into the soup) if you don't. Make sure the pan is hot and there's plenty of oil so the egg is fried with a lot of burnt brown goodness. Be sure to salt the egg as it cooks too.

My favorite green is fresh spinach because it cooks just right in the hot broth, but any mild non bitter leafy green works. Not kale or collards.

It's more or less up to you because you can experiment a lot. Try onions, garlic, any sort of veggie.

http://www.amazon.com/Ajinomoto-Dash...uct/B0002YB40O Also this stuff, a dash of it is good. It's basically msg with some dried bonito flavor but it gives the soup and complexity it usually lacks straight out of the box and if you're eating ramen you shouldn't care about more MSG.

MSG is good for the soul anyways.

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/03/quick-ramen-bowl-101-each.html

I
    did a quick search and someone has the same idea as me, with basically the same ingredients. She has some mushrooms, which I usually don't have around, but they're great in this as well.

That site also has lots of other cheap eats ideas.

I usually use siraccha or a spicy sesame oil instead of chili paste.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011...ecipe-026.html

Omg, I think I love this girl.. she's probably my identical and she likes basically the same exact food I like and cooks it probably the same way I do too. I think she's probably more meticulous and girly thus more responsible in every way but I swear we think the same way.

Socionics sometimes is like meeting your identical twin of a different sex from a different mother on a far away planet.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to cook
    First love to cook dear.

I do very simple stuff which I'm sure you can enjoy too. Get some pita bread, lay the base of the pan with virgin olive oil, and place the pita on the fire. Set to really low heat. Grab a small pot, fill it up with barely enough water to cover 2 eggs. Plop them both into the pot with fairly high heat. Grab some cheddar cheese and grate it. Grab some spring onions as well, chop them up. Wait till your pita turns brown and fairly cripsy, and slice it into 2 (instead of just cutting a swab into it!) and place the cheddar over one half. Sprinkle some spring onions over the cheese, and cover it with the other half of the warm pita. The cheese should melt due to the heat. Meanwhile, your eggs should be done in about 1 more minute. Take it out, and mash it up with mayo. Sprinkle some paprika or a stronger spice, together with a touch of rosemary, basil leaves, and dill. Mix it well. Add more spice to balance the creamy taste of the ingredients. Spoon the egg over the cheese and munch it. The amount of protein, fats, and carbs in this tasty meal should put some meat on you. Spice will keep your metabolism running so it doesn't all turn to fat, and you're good to go.

Have fun (:
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-male

hkkmr; you have good taste

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Ramen is super cheap & you can definitely buy them in bulk.
    Okay, here's my staple meal and it seems to work nice and easy if you don't mind the taste and can't prep even to save your starving body

+Buy ramen without the taste packets - should be cheaper, just get the cheapest ramen you can find (or order it online :3)
    +Buy cheap soup
    +Buy cheap mixed and cut up veggies (optional if you want to at least trick yourself into thinking you're healthy)

-> heat up soup for 1:30 in the microwave, add ramen and veggies. Let sit for a time proportional to your impatience, then chow it down before you get second thoughts. I buy bulk ramen and get ~9 cents a packet, soup goes for ~1$ a can where I'm at, but the veggies don't come cheap. It totals to 2$ (w/ veggies) per meal, with a calorie dollar time prep ratio of like 300c:1$:45s! Or just buy pasta, super cheap, but you probably already know.

+Also, you can buy your own crap to make soup, which you can buy in bulk, cut down costs and get a healthier/tastier meal. But that takes a few extra seconds shopping (blegh).

+Trail mix can usually go for bulk and has a great calorie dollar ratio too, gives energy and fills up (b/c nuts).

+Go to the local oriental mart and buy a burlap sack of rice. Eat rice. Forever.

+You are also probably entitled to raise a certain number of hens, assuming you don't live in the city. It takes one session of hosing and feeding a day, and you get free eggs and meat (and dirty hands ). You can also get some indoor gardening going for super cheap to cut costs on those veggies!

On that note... you can just throw everything in the blender, frozen or not, and gulp it down (used to do that with the veggies, yuck veggies).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like chicken wings from the grocery store deli. I get 12 of them for like 6 bucks, 4 bucks if they are on sale. They taste so good with macaroni salad and whole grain white bread.

I'm learning to cook a little bit and I kinda don't mind it. It's definitely a chore though and I don't like chores and don't think anybody with an IQ over 30 likes doing chores and it has like a lot of menial annoying little tasks that I don't like. But... it makes me feel more in control than just always getting fast food or microwave easy stuff. I guess what helps me is kinda disassociating from the task. I know that it needs to be done because the outcome is worth it but I don't have to 'be the chore.' I can just think of something sorta magical and interesting while I do boring real life shit that I hate. I mean it's like 'Please let a demon attack me and Vero and Dolphin right now so we could say something funny and witty and fling it through the window like those girls on Charmed' but you just can't do that in real life. But thinking about doing it brings a smile to my face.

how an infp navigates through doing real life shit that we don't wanna do hahaha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Get a george forman grill http://www.target.com/p/George-Forem...6/-/A-12833820

You can prepare salmon in 10 minutes, chicken in under 20, hamburgers etc, veggie burgers if you don't like meat.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2009...2-serving.html

Made this this weekend and it was pretty good, I would say a bit less brown sugar, a bit more garlic, scallions, soy sauce and oyster sauce. But this is for my taste buds.

Very simple and very addictive.

Creepy-male

here is what I've done recently;

buy 8 steamed pot stickers togo from a local asian resteraunt

buy white rice, soy sauce, spices, sugar snap peas, and green onion from the local supermarket

add white rice to a bowl, add four pot stickers, cover with fresh pre-chopped green onion, boil sugar snap peas to desired crispness, add sugar snap peas to top of bowl, cover in soy sauce and spices... eat with chop sticks.

I get 2 meals plus extra veggies/rice for under 10 bucks and it takes like 2 minutes to prepare.

picture to come soon.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

seems kinda of basic for 10 bucks

Creepy-male

most of that price is for the to-go pot stickers.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

skip the pot stickers and buy two frozen meals in a bag... bertolli's good.. it's going to be better and easier..

Or trader joes and their frozen potstickers(usually better).

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in Brazil theres *sanduiche natural* that they sell on the beach with ice tea. its verrry popular over here, i've been eating this for lunch everyday for the past couple of years, its so tasty & quick.

two peices of brown bread.
    spread some mayonaise.
    shred 2 tbsp of carrot.
    a bit of lettuce
    add some tuna, chicken or boiled egg white.
    and some potato chips or shoestring potato chips (batata palha) to make it crunch

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

download.jpg

A bit luxurious but simple and easy to make.

Strip steak(medium rare) + Green beans fried with garlic

Under 10 bucks if you get meat on sale and I timed myself it took 25 minutes.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG THAT is tasty.

I hope meat comes that cheaply in S'pore lol, gotta go hunting.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 1/4 cups milk

1 egg

3 tablespoons butter, melted
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast