Thread: Could this be related to Fi?

Creepy-female

Default Could this be related to Fi?

Last edited by female; 05-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely relate to this to some extent, although as a kid I was always too reactive to people teasing me. When I get tension or anger bubbling up it's really hard for me to not react, and unless I check myself I'm going to definitely lash out. As I've grown older I've (sorta maybe kinda) learned to temper my reactivity towards those feelings depending on who it is, and sometimes I will put on the stone face when the situation seems to call for it.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sounds more relation to Fe than Fi because Fe is an extraverted observer/judger, it has a tendency to not display it's feelings until the feeling judgment has made sense of the external situation. Fi is more likely to react on the impression made because it's quick to put itself in the center of the situation and judge from moral side.

Your post and relation to how SEE reacts with Fe demonstrative is the reason why LII confuse you for their dual, who reacts very much like you.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-04-2011 at 06:37 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Sounds more relation to Fe than Fi because Fe is an extraverted observer/judger, it has a tendency to not display it's feelings until the feeling judgment has made sense of the external situation. Fi is more likely to react on the impression made because it's quick to put itself in the center of the situation and judge from moral side.

Your post and relation to how SEE reacts with Fe demonstrative is the reason why LII confuse you for their dual, who reacts very much like you.
    As an ego myself, I have to disagree. I tend to display my feelings right away, either that or ill mask some semi-serious feeling to lighten up the situation, in any case, I show an emotional resposne right away. I agree with the description that Dolphin provided of egos doing this because I see them do it all the time. Its quiet annoting actually, because I like to get an emotional response out of people or else I feel powerless.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    As an ego myself, I have to disagree. I tend to display my feelings right away, either that or ill mask some semi-serious feeling to lighten up the situation, in any case, I show an emotional resposne right away. I agree with the description that Dolphin provided of egos doing this because I see them do it all the time. Its quiet annoting actually, because I like to get an emotional response out of people or else I feel powerless.
    How do you deal with your own emotions when something external directly relates to you?

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure I understand the question actually. What do you mean "something external directly relates to you"? You mean if Im confronted by someone or if someone comes to me with their feelings or what?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If something happens to you where there's absence of another human being (to deflect emotions); in a sad situation.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote about this in another thread :http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post794550

My emotions basically are always spawned by something outside of me, but can often express themselves when Im alone in fanstasy scenarios, so your question confuses whether emotions come from within or whether they are expressed without. What I mean is, your saying emotions either come from within or are expressed outwardly, Im saying mine come from without but also need a real person to exress myself in front of; even if I can wish that person away as easily as I conjured them up.
    Last edited by Typhon; 10-04-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's Static (Pe, Ji) related, that is to say Statics do it in a more extreme way than Dynamics. however, in the case of Te types the response, while more direct and immediate, is not emotional so much as just a skillful deflection. when Statics level an immediate response there is often a change of the topic involved, i.e. the response could just as well be a new initiation, or the response is "random" and has not clear bearing on the action responded to. and of course Statics do employ the Dynamic style at times and vice versa.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Thank you for your response Typhon. I'm trying to get your (linked) description straight in my head. I'm sorry that the thread is a jumble of half baked perceptions. Instead of waiting for cohesion to strike, I'm putting them all out there, and it's bothering my mental OCD.
    Your welcome, and I wouldnt worry too much about your cohesion in your posts, seems ok to me

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to whether this has anything to do with Fi or if it falls under an explanation not related to Socionics. Basically I'm thinking along the lines of what Pianosinger mentioned in another thread about how she didn't used to let people see when she expressed emotion. And about how I've had people tell me I was unreadable or they couldn't tell what I was thinking. And how at parties and things when I was younger I learned a good way to get people to stop being annoying was to not respond to things that were meant to elicit a reaction. Like, I would have a reaction on the inside, and swallow it kind of like a piece of gum, or a pill that lodges in your throat for a moment before passing through, and that would be the end of it.
    My ESE mother is a big fan of expressing emotions. My father's side of the family are kind of dominated by my matriarchal ILI grandmother, and my mum thinks their culture of suppressing emotion is neurotic and toxic. Every time my parents argue my mum complains to me about how my dad clams up, as if that's the sole cause of any disagreement they have haha.

I made a comment to my friend that I had "railed" on her acquaintance about a concept, a time in which I was sure that I had been flat out honest, and she said something along the lines of "you're so soft spoken and unobtrusive I have a hard time imagining that you could "rail" on anyone". But I also know to a certain extent how she perceives me, as I sort of become comic relief when I'm with her, not because it's comfortable (it grates on my nerves), but because it would take a ton of energy to convince her otherwise.
    Eh. I think that's how people perceive me too. Even if I can't stand someone and complain about them to my friends, I can't be anything but helpful if they ask me a question. My boyfriend keeps telling me to stop being so nice, since it brings me no advantage, but I can't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am like that. To me if someone gets an outward reaction for me it shows my own weakness. I can be boiling inside but my exterior shows nothing. I have no idea if it is Fi or why it should be, devalued Fe perhaps?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know. It sounds more like an emotional coping technique. A lot of people try to troll/fish for an emotional response, either by bullying, or trying to get under your skin - both through the media and 'real life', and it just sounds like you don't like when other people do that, and so you refuse to not respond emotionally or viscerally because you know, that's what they are trying to do- but if they are effective at it, they will 'get you' anyway, since you do obviously have feelings and they already know that, so people tended to tell me the opposite things: "You are fun to tease, because you are reactive." I've always been a reactive person.

Nowadays I have a much tougher skin, my childhood was horrible because of how naive my parents were and a bunch of other stuff. And I'm so used to str8 male ghetto bullying and getting under my skin (well gays do it too , albeit from the distance of their uppity hollywood posh homes) and I'm kind of immune to all of it, because I think I see what you mean. It's like they're not allowing you to make up your own emotional conclusions about anything and it's just annoying. I don't want you to think it's something that makes you feel left out though, I think everybody wants their emotions to be protected instead of just trolled. But most people just troll feelings and can't really resist being the fisherman.

To me if someone gets an outward reaction for me it shows my own weakness.
    No. Everybody already knows you have sensitive feelings no matter how you act, and so the Hollywood narcs are just gonna try harder until you finally crack. The only way to stop this would to be numb out all your own emotions, but like Ashton already said that just makes you feel dead inside. The only really solution I see is to just let them troll you- I understand it's a bit much if it happens all the time, because you start to understand they are empty inside. They have no real feelings of their own, so they have to steal yours. They have to troll your feelings to 'fill them up', and always make it sounds like it's your fault for being 'too sensitive.' But emotional vampires are gonna use every trick in the book to continue feeding on your blood... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't care if people tease/troll some of the time but when they do it all the time, it makes them look like empty shells who can't function without the feelings of others. I guess this is why I've always liked the concept of superheroes who save the world.

The rich and overprivileged troll a lot, it seems, because they don't have real feelings. They are too pampered to feel anything real, both happiness or sadness. They can only get their emotional satisfaction from getting a rise out of others. Poor/underprivleged people troll too, but not on a worldly scale.
    Last edited by bnd; 10-06-2011 at 08:22 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    I am like that. To me if someone gets an outward reaction for me it shows my own weakness. I can be boiling inside but my exterior shows nothing. I have no idea if it is Fi or why it should be, devalued Fe perhaps?
    Yes, that's the same with me.