Thread: When you've had better

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When you've had better

Well I was having this conversation with my sister the other week and I was saying to her that sometimes when you meet a girl and she shows that she's really interested in you without holding it back then that becomes the way you understand a girl shows you that she likes you. I mean she's bridged the gap and that creates a certain sense of certainty but unfortunately the difficulty is no two women are exactly the same. So what develops is a certain preference for how a girl shows she likes you or that she's interested.

example: she asks a friend for your phone number. When that girl did that there was no way I could miss the sign. She was doing that for me. However that also raises the bar or expectations. She put herself on the line. I have a harder time seeing that a girl likes me who is not as bold or daring.

example: she pushes away guys who try to hit on her. So basically trust level is through the roof. I can trust this girl without having to second guess myself. There's definitely a sense of maturity and respect. Of course I do the same for her as she does for me.

example: no drama when it comes to sex. Admittedly, I was with an older women who had plenty of experience so she understood why she was there and what we were going to do. Not only did I enjoy it but I was really impressed with how comfortable she made me feel.

Here's some common bad examples:

example: She dates other guys to make you jealous. Seeing other people is fine but it's embarrasing when she's using other guys to make someone jealous. Slightly pathetic. That of course creates doubt and mistrust. Even when she stops this behaviour that lingering feeling of doubt remains. Plus it usually ends in failure. What I mean to say jeasouly usually makes the woman less attractive. She is a source of pain instead of happiness.

example: She has other people speak for her because she does not have the nerve herself. I can understand that but I do not find that attractive using a middle man to get your point of view across. She will not talk to you but instead her friend will and though we can not exactly say it we're talking about her. It comes across as manipulative on her part.

example: She's out of touch with her sexual nature. Physically there is no difference but pyschologically, the experience is ruined. Intially she will act morally righteous but then when you finally do the deed she enjoys it as much as you do. However because you had to beg or plead to sleep together, there remains a bitter feeling. Basically she's not open to experience.

I wish I had more examples but I'm coming up short. My point is that when you've had better that becomes the standard. What I mean to say is certain women impress me with their behaviour and others depress me. Maybe I have a thing for strong women.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, of course, if you like something more, you like it more...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your standard isn't too high that many women can't meet it.

Purposely causing jealousy is extremely immature. You shouldn't have to tolerate that. Nobody should. I react the same way you do to that. A man who does that becomes less attractive to me. I don't compete. Either it's just me, or I'm not interested.

Being able to express your interest in someone without hiding behind anyone else is another one of those things that anyone should be able to handle.

As for the last part, about being out of touch with her sexual nature, you mentioned acting morally righteous. . . well, on that front, if it is against her morals to have sex with you, and you know it, why are you pushing for it? Don't do that. It'll save you the begging, and both of you the resentment and guilt if she does give in. People live by differing principles, and it's best to find someone who won't clash with yours.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Well I was having this conversation with my sister the other week and I was saying to her that sometimes when you meet a girl and she shows that she's really interested in you without holding it back then that becomes the way you understand a girl shows you that she likes you. I mean she's bridged the gap and that creates a certain sense of certainty but unfortunately the difficulty is no two women are exactly the same. So what develops is a certain preference for how a girl shows she likes you or that she's interested.
    Yeah, that sounds good.

example: she asks a friend for your phone number. When that girl did that there was no way I could miss the sign. She was doing that for me. However that also raises the bar or expectations. She put herself on the line. I have a harder time seeing that a girl likes me who is not as bold or daring.
    Yeah, that would definitely put pressure on you to do well with her since she's the one who took the initiative. However, I can see how some guys wouldn't do well under that kind of pressure.

example: she pushes away guys who try to hit on her. So basically trust level is through the roof. I can trust this girl without having to second guess myself. There's definitely a sense of maturity and respect. Of course I do the same for her as she does for me.
    I think a lot of women, especially intelligent/smart ones, find that being hit on is unattractive. At least the way most guys hit on them. Probably because the way a lot of guys hit on women is really cheesy and kind of hilarious to witness. A smart/intelligent woman would probably feel like her intelligence is being insulted and thus push away guys who hit on them unless you do it right, which is different for each woman.

example: no drama when it comes to sex. Admittedly, I was with an older women who had plenty of experience so she understood why she was there and what we were going to do. Not only did I enjoy it but I was really impressed with how comfortable she made me feel.
    Good for you, an older woman can be a great teacher.

Here's some common bad examples:

example: She dates other guys to make you jealous. Seeing other people is fine but it's embarrasing when she's using other guys to make someone jealous. Slightly pathetic. That of course creates doubt and mistrust. Even when she stops this behaviour that lingering feeling of doubt remains. Plus it usually ends in failure. What I mean to say jeasouly usually makes the woman less attractive. She is a source of pain instead of happiness.
    I really hate it when someone does that, plus you're right. It never works out well when she tries to use jealousy to her advantage. Women. lol

example: She has other people speak for her because she does not have the nerve herself. I can understand that but I do not find that attractive using a middle man to get your point of view across. She will not talk to you but instead her friend will and though we can not exactly say it we're talking about her. It comes across as manipulative on her part.
    I think it goes both ways. If a girl is really shy, then it's understandable if she has a friend talk to you for her. If she's not shy, then it comes off as being manipulative since she could've just as easily spoken to you herself.

example: She's out of touch with her sexual nature. Physically there is no difference but pyschologically, the experience is ruined. Intially she will act morally righteous but then when you finally do the deed she enjoys it as much as you do. However because you had to beg or plead to sleep together, there remains a bitter feeling. Basically she's not open to experience.
    Well I haven't dated anyone like that, but there's not much you can do about that except try to get them to be more in touch with their physical side.

Although being bitter over anything should send up red flags that the relationship is not going well.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

chipu begsu gilu to sureepu widu himu =o

make da bitchu begu for itu,chipu!

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty rational. I suppose you could reach the point, though, of accepting all kinds of women just for the experience. Unless you settle instead.

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    chipu begsu gilu to sureepu widu himu =o

make da bitchu begu for itu,chipu!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...keli/guoE8.gif
    what lol
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    hahahahaha
    Coming from a bitch it did make me laugh.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.