View Poll Results: Are Sequences, Series, Algorithmns, and Fractals related to the Ni function and/or vortical synergis

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is related to the vortical synergist style of thinking, but not

0 0%
  • It is related to the function, but not the vortical synergist style of thinking

0 0%
  • It is related to both the function and vortical synergist style of thinking

0 0%
  • It is related to neither

1 33.33%
  • The entire premises of this question is flawed

2 66.67%

Thread: Sequences, Series, Algorithmns, Fractals and Vortical Synergetic thinking style

Creepy-male

Default Sequences, Series, Algorithmns, Fractals and Vortical Synergetic thinking style

Is this related to the vortical synergist style of thinking; and the function?

• Yes - It is related to the vortical synergist style of thinking, but not
    • Yes - It is related to the function, but not the vortical synergist style of thinking
    • Yes - It is related to both the function and vortical synergist style of thinking
    • Yes - It is related to neither
    • Yes - The entire premises of this question is flawed
    • No - It is related to the vortical synergist style of thinking, but not
    • No - It is related to the function, but not the vortical synergist style of thinking
    • No - It is related to both the function and vortical synergist style of thinking
    • No - It is related to neither
    • No - The entire premises of this question is flawed

Please select your choice and discuss below.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fractals, as they relate to cognitive styles, are said to be associated with Holographic, not Vortical/Vortex: Source
    Another full-scale prototype of holographic thinking - fractal objects. They are open to the mathematician B. Mandelbrot in the 70s of last century. Geometrically fractal - a shape with the blurred outlines of which have self-similar internal structure. For example, a tree, snowflake, coastline, etc. They are characterized by multiple internal investments on the basis of dolls. As a hologram, a small piece of a fractal contains information on all the fractal. Part is always structurally similar to the whole.

Socionic objects and there are fractals. Hence, my concept of personality as a holographic system types that are nested into each other [4]. It conflicts with the dominant flat socionics that defend people, guided by reductionist thinking.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't learned about what the 'vortical synergistic' or 'holographic' styles are yet, and I won't be reading about it tonight... but I can tell you that a couple decades ago, Michael Crichton wrote a book called Jurassic Park, which I read, and I watched the movie. I think it might possibly have been that movie that caused me to read a book about fractals. I'm not sure. Maybe my math teacher mentioned them.

Anyway I went through a phase where I felt as though fractals were the answer to 'life, the universe, and everything,' in my late teens, early twenties, whenever that was. I looked at the clouds in the sky and thought they looked like fractals, so fractals had to explain the processes that created clouds, and everything in the universe could be understood that way.

Later on I decided this was taking fractals out of context, and using them for things that were better explained in other ways. I decided fractals weren't quite as useful for explaining natural processes as I had thought they were.

So I still like them as a way to make complex images without doing much work - just program a fractal to draw the trees and the leaves for you, instead of drawing every branch and every leaf yourself, and it will look realistic. But I don't relate them directly to real things anymore.

So anyway, I'm a SLI, and this was a phase I went through, so you can sort of decide for yourself if it has anything to do with Ni, or with the vortical/synergistic/holographic styles, or whatever. Perhaps it's weak Ni role - trying to see too many connections between things that aren't actually connected. It could be anything.

Yeah, fractals were mentioned in the book - I googled it. http://sierra.nmsu.edu/morandi/cours...rkFractal.html
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-03-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: used google to answer my own question

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say "series" could be a vortical-synergistic concept, and "limit" (functional limit, that is) could equally be one. For the others, I don't think so / I'm not sure.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit