Default Protestors, Unions launch General Strike

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I still lived in my apartment, news about riots would have felt sort of scary and exciting, like, it's finally happening. Now my reaction is just a sort of 'eh, whatever' feeling. Before, I would have felt like 'this is it,' like some kind of collapse is going on, society is collapsing, something big is happening, and I would have been kind of happy about it. But now that I live in my car, I'm not having much of a reaction. I was a little bit excited about it the very first time I read about the riots, but then, I just went back to normal life.

It's because I'm not waiting for anyone else to change things for me, now. I've already made a change that has helped me economically. I just want to tell everyone else that they should try living in their car, too. It's a shame that such drastic lifestyle changes are necessary, but they are. More and more people will have to live in some way that 'isn't allowed,' like squatting in abandoned houses that the bank owns, just because they have to. They have to adjust everything in their lives, all their ways of doing things. But everyone still thinks that life is the way it used to be. They think that it still isn't okay to lose your job, to get laid off, to lose your house, to not be able to pay your debts.

It would help if someone were guiding people to make the lifestyle changes gradually, so that they wouldn't get thrown into the situation all of a sudden. Someone has to teach people how to live without houses, and without cars, and without official 'jobs' that somebody else set up for them, and sooner or later, they might have to learn how to live without money, and that's going to be very hard.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's the guy to whom the recent bonus of 16.4 million was granted:

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh lord, he VIs like Boehner. Selfish concordant for sure, w/conservative leanings = unapologetic evil.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    here's the guy to whom the recent bonus of 16.4 million was granted:

(Scott Carver)
    That guy made me want to laugh - he seemed like a really bad actor playing a make-believe villain. You know who he reminded me of? He reminded me of the 'bad guy' on one of the Muppet movies that I watched when I was a kid, and actually, I don't know if any of you are old enough to have seen those movies. It was 'The Great Muppet Caper.' There was this guy who wanted to steal the Baseball Diamond, or something, and he had exactly the same sort of sleazy, cheesy, villain-ishness that this guy has, except he wasn't real. His name was Nicky Holiday. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001301/

Wow, I just discovered that this entire movie is on YouTube. I think I need to be cheered up. I haven't watched this in a long time.

Last edited by Nico1e; 10-04-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: video link fail

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This movie is really Fe, but somehow I love it anyway.

The 'bad guy' shows up in Part 5.

So I thought I had seen Jim Henson typed as a SLI someplace, and I went and found that page again. During this demonstration of making puppets, he doesn't do much facial expression. http://youtu.be/AC440k6iByA This is a thread derailment, by the way. I remember playing with a wrinkles dog puppet with my friend's little brother when I was in my mid-teens.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 10-05-2011 at 01:18 AM.