Thread: i hate the following people here

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i hate the following people here

Information elements correspond to different facets of information. For example, Si is "external dynamics of fields", Te is "external dynamic of objects" etc. Some of those elements are valued by a particular sociotype, others are devalued. Some are strong and some are weak.

It doesn't, however, make them blind to information, or interested in only a particular kind of information.

In fact, IEs are like language and information is like vision in the following case:
    #3.
    It [English] Makes People Who Speak Russian See More Colors Than You

Everyone's perception of colors should be the same. We have the same retinal structure due to evolution and the same wavelengths of light shooting at us.

Yet somewhere, right now, there is a young couple at Home Depot looking at little cards with paint colors on them. The woman holds up four cards to her husband and says, "Do you like the eggshell, ivory, cream or bone?" at which point he looks at the cards, all of which are white, and says, "You're messing with me, right?"

She's not. Experiments have found that whether or not you can register a color depends on whether or not you have a name for it in your language. You can see the color, it just doesn't register in your mind.
    One study compared some young children from England with kids from a tribe in Nambia. In the English language, young kids usually learn 11 basic colors (black, white, gray, red, green, blue, yellow, pink, orange, purple and brown) but in Himba it's only five. For instance, they lump red, orange and pink together and call it "serandu."

If you showed the Himba toddler a pink card and then later showed him a red one and ask if they're the same card, the kid would often mistakenly say yes -- because they're both "serandu." Same as if you showed you "Eggshell" and an hour later showed you "Bone" and asked if it was the same card from before. Now, again, they can see the colors; if you hold up a pink card and a red card next to each other, the English kid and Himba kid both would say they're different. But not when they see them one at a time.
    But if you teach him the new names for the colors, that one is "pink" and the other is "red," from then on he can identify them when seen by themselves, without the other one for comparison. Same as the girl or interior decorator who can immediately identify "eggshell" as distinct from "ivory" the moment she sees it on a wall, while her boyfriend couldn't do it with a gun to his head. The ability to recognize the color comes with having a name for it.

Likewise, Turkish and Russian both split what we call "blue" into two different colors, for the darker and lighter shades. Therefore they consistently do a better job than English speakers when given the same "is this blue card the same as the last blue card" test. Even weirder, when testing the Russians they found that by giving them a verbal distraction (making them try to memorize a string of numbers while doing the color test) the advantage disappeared. It was the language part of their brain that was helping them "see" the color.

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_18823...your-mind.html
    Speakers of different language can tell apart the shades, but the way they pay attention makes them see different things. Similarly, you are capable of perceiving any type of information. But what you actually see depends on your adapters, and you will see what those generate whether it is there or not.

Whatever mental construct you put information into, it is a one you create within your own mind. Ti ego isn't limited to dealing with clearly defined systems, just as Se ego isn't limited to dealing with physical properties of objects. Their mental constructs, no matter what they're actually interested in, will, however, reflect a preference for explicit systematization or distinct parts. This might be called "mental framework" or "projecting" or something else, but ultimately, it refers to something that only exists in your mind - and it's this, not the raw information, that you will recall and use.

(just joking about hating people. i'm glad you've had a look at this, though.)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I missing something or isn't this standard Socionics TIM Aspects?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    -2 for tricking me into opening a socionics thread.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat View Post
    seconded

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger, I always thought about human subjectivism in its most apparent aspects. Take color like you said. We might all be looking at the same color and it is green. However there's no way to know if green really looks purple to someone else, because they would just call it green too. So cognitively perhaps everyone sees the same things, but only in a different way.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOOT AISS UNTIL SHE DIES

also cool article yo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Aiss
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY WHERE IS MY FORUM DRAMA

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel really sick and miserable today. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Every once in a while, I like to read lists of 'emotion words.' I have trouble remembering and recalling emotion words, and I have trouble knowing exactly which one goes with which situation - I can give the more general words, but I can't use the ones that have finer distinctions and subtle nuances. But it's not just 'emotion words' that are clearly defined emotion words. It's also any way at all of expressing something emotional verbally.

I was about to claim that I can remember Si-related words more easily, but I can't think of any good examples right now. In fact I haven't been learning anything new at all recently.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just to keep this thread on-topic: I can't think of people I hate offhand, but I hate a couple of social institutions. I hate the IRS and the federal reserve and the central banking system and I also hate mainstream media and television and cable and I also hate everything playing on the radio. I hate the military and I hate the federal government and I hate going to war in foreign countries.

I also hate being sick, because it makes me hate lots more things than I usually hate. So I hate viruses and I hate mysterious unexplained illnesses, and I also hate ignorant cultural practices that cause more harm than good, and I hate football, too, especially Penn State football, and usually when all the people come in from out of town to see the football games, they bring viruses with them, which makes me get sick and hateful again. And I hate Christmas and I hate debt and credit cards and foreclosures, and I hate fiat money.

I guess I will feel better in a day or two when I'm not sick anymore.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aw not even a little bit of hate? there has to be someone around here you secretly want to tear to pieces.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I feel really sick and miserable today. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Every once in a while, I like to read lists of 'emotion words.' I have trouble remembering and recalling emotion words, and I have trouble knowing exactly which one goes with which situation - I can give the more general words, but I can't use the ones that have finer distinctions and subtle nuances. But it's not just 'emotion words' that are clearly defined emotion words. It's also any way at all of expressing something emotional verbally.

I was about to claim that I can remember Si-related words more easily, but I can't think of any good examples right now. In fact I haven't been learning anything new at all recently.

There's really nothing wrong with that with Si types; it's looking at things balanced with Ne, general picture. Si words, pleasant, soft, delicious, relax.

@AISS

this was a good way to get people's attention.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat View Post
    Agreed.

Very good article. Excellent in fact.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    When I was younger, I always thought about human subjectivism in its most apparent aspects. Take color like you said. We might all be looking at the same color and it is green. However there's no way to know if green really looks purple to someone else, because they would just call it green too. So cognitively perhaps everyone sees the same things, but only in a different way.
    OMG, i've had the same exact thought intermittently since childhood!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, green is that color which is sort of bluish. And blue is that color that's sort of purplish. I'm sure sooner or later if I keep going with this I'll find some definition that doesn't refer to some other color.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha n1cole

You are so cute. Can you recall emotions as sensations? And feel them in your body. Smile, and then frown, and then hunch down, and then wink.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!