Thread: Fi Causing Annoyance

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi Causing Annoyance

Last edited by Hays; 11-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ Fi stereotypes in this thread.

Fi: "I don't like it."
    Fe: "It sucks."

Calling someone Fi because they suck at understanding relationship or don't understand personal values are inherently subjective is like calling someone Ti because they keep committing logical fallacies.

All in all, it's probably Not Type Related©, but the analogy stands. For the the real.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like ego than anything - but could also just be human.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    He will judge people based on their clothing, their tattoos, their attention to him etc. It's like when he uses he believes that all his ethic beliefs, laws, rules, ideas are suitable for everyone and all should pretty much abide by them...and he's quite staunch on his views in these moments...That is until I talk with him, then he is fine.
    Possibly indicative of PoLR? Reminds me of certain ISxjs I know.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds Delta STish

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think showing a lack of sensitivity is all that type related.

Even an ENTj can be nice and understanding.

You know, to simplify your situation, I think it sounds like a typical 'strong dad' approach that he's having with his kids. He doesn't want to help or understand too much because he feels that's your job. You're 'the woman' so you're supposed to be the empathetic and kind one, and he's the man so he wants to be the one that trains his kids to be Warriors and fend for themselves.

I understand that. I mean if a dad sees their son cry or show sensitivity they kinda roll their eyes. I got that a lot from my own dad. My dad was a lot nicer to me than his daddy was to his though.

More than type related, men aren't really encouraged to be emotionally supportive so if you are a guy that is more that way, like umm say maybe me, rat or BG ... you just sorta have to say fuck gender roles sometimes.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So what do you all think, strong ,dual seeking , or something else?
    It's a guy being a guy. We men always think we are right and only listen when somebody rubs our faces in the shit. (and even then it requires a lot of pain for us to get it) And then women nag at us, but we can't help but view people more selfishly. Our love is purer...and our hate is clearer and more intense.

So yes typical ego-based narcissistic male. And you are are attracted to him anyway even though he's an asshole jerk off because he's a guy and his dick still feels good for when you-

Nevermind. I'm crossing boundaries again. Bad Sam.

We always wish men had as much empathy and compassion and understanding as women but to most men that would make them well, women. And you know damn well in high school if a guy was understanding you'd look at them as your Gay Best Friend(tm) not a hot virile straight man that you wanted to start a life with and have him protect you with his hunting powers.

Gender roles are interesting though. Good thread. =)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal View Post
    Possibly indicative of PoLR? Reminds me of certain ISxjs I know.
    I could see both Ne and Ni PoLR.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really judge people much so apparently I won't make a good contributor to this delta-themed thread.

However I do know plenty of ways how can be annoying... in case anyone's interested I'll draw you a picture in the mail.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has it occurred to you that he's probably just an ass?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Sounds Delta STish
    Agree....

Sounds very much like ISTp - ish
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol Galen is jealous.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Lol Galen is jealous.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I could see both Ne and Ni PoLR.
    At 2:18 of the 3rd video where he talks about being pretty disorganised with trying to stay on schedule at work this could come across as polr but can someone point out where they see possible polr as I can't pick it up in these videos.
    If he was overly organized and couldn't adapt, it would be more Ni-PoLRish.

Shaylery did you reverse all of your socionics when changing self-typing or something? Because if so, it might not have been a good idea. Just letting you know.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post

If he was overly organized and couldn't adapt, it would be more Ni-PoLRish.
    as a vulnerable (4th) function (ESE and LSE)

The individual prefers to focus on immediate tasks, taking things as they come, rather than try to evaluate the outcome of present trends. Inclination to tell stories or narrate events on a sequential basis, rather than outlining how one event led to another.
    He perceives time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future are all perceived as being in or near the present. When talking about the future, especially one's longer-term plan), the individual treats it as if it were accessible today and often is not aware of all the developments that must happen first.
    He generally has a poor sense of how long things will take and what the best amount of time to spend on things is. Therefore it is difficult for him to stay on schedule without extensive, even total, pre-planning.

This seems what he was attempting to verbalise, that he is not good at organising time, not good at knowing how long things will take to accomplish and I can vouch for that. So what he didn't say is that he uses a diary and iPad to help organise all of his meetings etc. He also has a secretary who assists organising his time and keeping him to schedule. He has to be organised time-wise to survive in his workplace but that doesn't mean that he is naturally good at it.
    OK, what you said sounded as if he *wasn't* organized (i.e. maybe made plans, but didn't stick with them). Whereas xSE are usually totally organized, leaving too little room for flexibility. The keyword being usually, anyway. Behaviouralism sucks (even when I'm the one doing it).

I remember you as EII -> ILI (wtf?) -> IEI.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    I remember you as EII -> ILI (wtf?) -> IEI.
    I self typed as EII for a few years and considered ILI for a few months but I have always struggled with the IEI descriptions for my possible type and don't think I ever had those letters beside my name at least not in any serious way.

But I wonder what the point of bringing this up here is as I don't see how it is applicable to this thread and makes me wonder what you are trying to accomplish.
    You wrote:

"I'm not sure what you are saying here as I exist on this forum without a current self-typing.
    Maybe you saw for a moment or two my daughter and I mucking around with my user details as in changing my avatar etc?"

But I'm sorry to actually reply to you, if it happens to offend you o_O

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waissie paissie
    Fi: "I don't like it."
    Fe: "It sucks."
    Hey Aissie, what if " I don't like it cos it sucks."

*mindblown*

She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!