Thread: Questions for Deltas about childhood, school, and changes growing up

TIM
    EII Ne, 6w5 sp/sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Questions for Deltas about childhood, school, and changes growing up

Hi,
    I thought it would be great to see if there are similarities between types, and how we acted as children. Even though i posted this in the delta forum other types feel welcome to post. Please at least post:

1. What were your favorite subjects in school?
    2. Describe your personality as a child, and how you have changed.
    3. What were your favorite activities growing up?

Please feel free to post more than what was asked.
    I enjoy reading long posts, messages etc.
    Last edited by Joven Erudito89; 09-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    EII, INFj Intuitive subtype (The Teacher)

6w5 Type Stacking: Sp/Sx/So

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joven Erudito89 View Post
    Theatre and ceramics were my favorites in high school. Theatre and woodshop were my favorites in middle school. I like English class, as long as we aren't expected to be doing research papers. I like Social Studies. History is basically a bunch of interesting stories. My favorite math was Geometry and my favorite science was Physics.

I used to not talk to strangers. Now I do.
    Not as many things bother me that used to; I'm more patient.
    I used to be friends with betas. Now I'm not.

3. What were you favorite activities growing up?
    I liked to weave, skip, read, play with toys with my brother, play outside with my brother, play computer with my brother...nothing unusual.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to make a post, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near long enough for your likings. Maybe tomorrow.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English, Literature, Math (until high school, then it wasn't fun anymore), History (until high school, then it wasn't fun anymore), Music, Theatre (when I got older-- I was too shy before high school), Newswriting. Science was fascinating conceptually, but I got bogged down by the math required. Hated PE, but that was because the teachers were no good at making it interesting; I would have enjoyed the Tennis section in tenth grade, if I hadn't broken my foot right before it started and so I had to miss the whole thing. Really wish I had done more sports in high school.

Shy. Imaginative. Spent a lot of time with my nose in a book, or writing. Creative, loved to play with Legos or anything else where I could just build things that I thought were pleasing. Crafty. Always starting new projects, and then not finishing them, just like now. I had some interesting ideas as a kid, and could generally find at least one friend to go in on them with me; but sometimes, I think I went a little overboard on some of these ideas and it overwhelmed people who weren't as into them as I was.

I *think* I was a good friend, though it was hard because a lot of the friends I really started to feel close to would end up moving away. I did have a few good friendships that managed to last, though, until we graduated from high school and went our separate ways. I was never really good at maintaining a friendship with someone whom I didn't have the convenience of seeing all the time as a matter of course; and the few times I tried, it seemed like the other person just wasn't as into me as I was into them and it just wasn't worth the continued effort.

Ways I've changed...Definitely less shy than I used to be; sometimes it gets me into trouble Though I'm still pretty serious a lot of the time, and it can take some time for me to really get to know people, or for them to get to know me. I don't spend nearly as much time reading as I used to, but I'm starting to get back into creative writing, trying to flesh out some old ideas that I had as a kid that I still really like. Still crafty and creative, still going overboard.

I really haven't changed all that much, though being an adult now in my own house has allowed me to express myself externally more than I could as a child. My home isn't nearly as tidy as my parents' growing up

See above. Also, I loved to be outdoors, climbing trees, climbing rocks, climbing anything. I loved music, whether listening to it or playing the piano or my cello. I also enjoyed singing, once I got over my shyness of singing out loud in front of other people.

I would spend hours in my room with my toys, creating things for them (houses out of boxes, furniture out of odds-n-ends). I had a horse with a perfect mane and tail for styling, and one afternoon I styled his hair about a dozen different ways, and then took a picture each time (I still have most of the pictures). <Just for example.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give it a shot.

I disliked most subjects. Hell of a bore. Studies were a chore. If I have to pick, history maybe.

2. Describe your personality as a child, and how you have changed

As a child, curious about stuff. Read quite a bit. Favorite activity had been scheduling programs to watch on the tele, and watching the same disney classics over and over and over again. Had friends but didn't care much for them other than as activity buddies. Didn't changed much I would think. I still feel like the same person. Less naive and trusting, but wishing this needn't be. Still as serious-minded, with bouts of craziness, periods of indulgence and edginess, only to return to usual serious self after the catharsis. Have always been rather pensive and investigative, enjoying of exploration and individual sports.

Not very long I'm afraid, but that's all I could think of at the moment.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What were my favorite subjects in school?
    Probably math, because it was easy to get through. I couldn't wait for Algebra because after looking at my older brothers' books, I just knew that all those x's and y's meant they were making up their own problems. Little did I know. But still, math was akin to doing puzzles. Now, how to apply that to real life? Different story.

Recess, loved that 'class'. This is when I usually got my friends into trouble. I was generally the leader. From chasing the boys to hold them down to kiss them and make them cry...to playing as if we were being mind-controlled by a 'haunted house' on the other side of the fence...to making sand 'pottery'...to dancing to our own music...to running from the shadows the clouds made, else you'd have to freeze in place until sun hit you again...to beating up on the bullies...and helping a melancholic friend every time she got a bump or scratch.

Library time...I was probably in the 2nd grade when I came across my first book on astrology and it's relationship with personality. Since then I'd read through personality descriptions and check with my friends to see what fit and what didn't fit with them.

I hated English. Why oh why did we need to diagram sentences? It was easy,..but it was just busy work. And when I read a book, I want to just immerse myself into it, getting to know the characters, why they did what they did, and what the results were, how did they learn from those results, etc. But noo, stupid english teachers wanted us to "compare and contrast" between characters, or between a character and some part of their environment, or worse..find the fucking symbolism.

Science I always had an issue remembering the terms and what those were referencing. And History, why the fuck did we need to remember all those damned dates and names? This is going to help me with life, how??

Music class was fun, but what I really wanted to do was learn to play an instrument, not memorize a song. And when I finally got to learn an instrument...instead of learning how to make my own songs, I'm only allowed to repeat someone else's songs?? grrrrr

School was easy for me, but I can't say I learned much from it. The teacher usually stressed certain things, and that hinted as to what answers they were looking for, as well as what would be on the tests. So, all one had to do was remember those answers just long enough to pass the test, then poof..it's forgotten and time to move onto the next 'study'.

In my teen years, I felt like an academic fraud. I was in honors society, honors classes, etc. But my peers in those classes worked their asses off to get good grades and actually, you know...learn, from the material. While I did as little as I could and didn't care about any of it. No, I'm not suggesting I was more intelligent than them. I just...cheated...I guess. I would have preferred lessons of application, how this info we were supposed to learn would apply to real life. Actually DO stuff with it, rather than learn it for the sake of learning it.

As a teen, I loved JROTC. I would say that that was where I had a chance to shine. I quickly moved up in ranks, and was even one of the regular 'teachers'. Those in higher ranks often were called on to teach subjects, such as orienteering, first aid, military history, etc. I taught most of the classes except for the military history ones. How the hell do you make that interesting in the time/space allotted? I think sarge and colonel knew that I wasn't interested in playing politics nor in reaching the higher levels of responsibilities. They seemed to know where I did best. Though often colonel tried to push me to push myself a little harder. I used to think he hated me, he always seemed to critical of me. But it wasn't until years later that I finally realized what he was doing. Because even though he was the most critical of me (in terms of teachers), he was also one of the most supportive...again, I didn't find that out until years later.

I started "The Pickle Press", a JROTC newsletter for our school. I thought he hated the name, but I think now that his head shaking was because of how it was so like me to take a normally derogative name (we were called Pickles on uniform day), and turn it into something to take pride-ish in. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, lol. But I got to get into a lot of different areas I wouldn't have normally gotten to go in, got to interview people we rarely got to talk to...(which would have been so much better if I, you know, knew how to interview people and write things up, lol). Soon another student joined in to help me with The Pickle Press. She took over the more mundane stuff that I had problems with. This allowed me to explore to my hearts content.

It was always expected that I would eventually become the leader of the performance drill team. And possibly of a marksman team. But my father kept interfering. He'd block me from early morning practices for the marksman team, and block me from going to competitions. And he kept trying to do similar for the performance drill team. But, and I learned this later, each time he'd try to block me from going to an out-of-town drill competition, sarge and colonel both would fight him on it. Apparently there were 'discussions' with the principal and even legal threats on the part of sarge and colonel. I wish I had known then of all this.

I had even convinced sarge and colonel to let me start a saber drill team. We had a rifle one, but I was showing them how many of the moves could be done safely and more...flashy... with sabers. Colonel was my top supporter on this, but insisted, as usual, that I take responsibility for obtaining the funds for the sabers. (meanwhile, behind the scenes, he was looking up regulations and uniform/saber options, lol) I sucked at trying to raise money, so it never went off the ground while I was there.

By the time they had my father so cornered that I could finally take over the performance drill team, I had finally run away. This meant that I had little energy for anything other than working two jobs and trying to finish high school. I had to drop out of the leadership positions and just get through my final year.

In every year of JROTC, I made Princess or higher for our balls. The last year, the one where I'd had to drop out of the leadership positions, I was 3 votes off from being Queen. I was 'lady in waiting'. *sigh*, heh. But the girl who got it? She was awesome with both handling responsibilities AND being respected and admired by the rest of us.

3. What were your favorite activities growing up.
    * Wrestling around, rough housing with male friends and cousins
    * Most imaginative play, except war.
    * Dancing on skates.
    * Laughing.
    * Reading astrology personality stuff...trying to see if there was anything to it.
    * Dabbling in magic...as in spells and such. Not that I believed the spells would work, but because of how it would change people's behaviors if they thought it did.
    * Dabbling in all sorts of things, but never going anywhere with any one thing.
    * Encouraging others to look for the silver linings, or at least find humor in a situation.
    * Having my hair played with.
    * Hugging and touching others. (nonsexual)
    * Camping and rock climbing (not the professional kind of rock climbing, but in Waco, there's a bunch of large rocks out in the middle of nowhere, that I loved to climb around on...and even run around on...I apparently had a lot of trust of my body, lol)
    * As a teen, sneaking small groups out at night (on overnight competition trips) and causing small ruckuses, and then sneaking everyone back into the hotel. (apparently I wasn't that great of a sneaker, lol. Sarge and colonel always knew I did it. But I never got into trouble for it. Probably because my group always came back safely, and without the cops having been called on us.)

As a child, I was rather naive. I didn't look much further than my nose, it seems. There was little concept of the future, all that mattered to me was the here and now. And then an incident happened when I as 7ish, that tore my little world asunder. I started having to question the things that I had always believed about the people in my life. I started noticing inconsistencies in what people said vs what they did. I started noticing more how people's actions influenced others' emotions. I started questioning how much of it might have to do with me, and if there was anything I could do to help others. I took on a little more responsibility for the emotions of others. But even then...I was still naive-ish about it until I was 11ish, when hell opened up and swallowed me. From then until about 26ish, life was all about survival. Then gathering sanity until about 36ish. And now.

I can't imagine never changing, never learning, never growing as a person.
    I used to think that once you were a grown up, that you would know everything you needed to know. That there would be nothing new left to explore. But now I know that no matter how old you are, there's always new things to explore. And if you're exploring, you're learning.

If you were to ask my daughter about my personality now, as an adult, as her mother, she would tell you that I'm still a little girl and haven't grown up yet. (while shaking her head and laughing)

I still do my favorite activities I did as a child. Yes, they are modified by experiences, but the essence of the activities is still the same.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    If you were to ask my daughter about my personality now, as an adult, as her mother, she would tell you that I'm still a little girl and haven't grown up yet. (while shaking her head and laughing)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    I can't imagine never changing, never learning, never growing as a person. I used to think that once you were a grown up, that you would know everything you needed to know. That there would be nothing new left to explore. But now I know that no matter how old you are, there's always new things to explore. And if you're exploring, you're learning.
    I agree with you. People who never change never learn. To me, part of the reason why life is worth living is because there is just so much to learn; too much to learn to ever consider not living. This world of ours is such an interesting place to be in.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my teen years, I felt like an academic fraud. I was in honors society, honors classes, etc. But my peers in those classes worked their asses off to get good grades and actually, you know...learn, from the material. While I did as little as I could and didn't care about any of it. No, I'm not suggesting I was more intelligent than them. I just...cheated...I guess. I would have preferred lessons of application, how this info we were supposed to learn would apply to real life. Actually DO stuff with it, rather than learn it for the sake of learning it.
    Me too! I qualified for the Honors Society in high school, but purposely never joined because I didn't think I deserved it. Not that high school was extremely easy for me-- middle school had been easy and I had gotten a 4.0; but in high school I was lucky to graduate with a 3.6, and that was only thanks to a couple of very lenient teachers who liked me and somehow still considered me to be a "good student," even when I slept through half their lectures and turned in my (math) homework only half-completed.

In high school, I just survived my day so I could go to Theatre practice after school.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus shit how does everybody write so much D:

Hi,
    Hi Mia Wasikowska

Math was always my strong suit. Me, my Ne-ENFp friend, and some other Korean exchange student, we were the only three AP Calculus students in high school (with an ESFj calc teacher, no less). In elementary school I started getting into very basic algebra at an early age, and I guess I took to it well. I was also good at French, but more by default than anything else: I studied the same year of French maybe six consecutive times before I bothered to learn anything higher; I then promptly forgot all of it to make room for Japanese. Then of course there's music, although none of my elementary schools had any sort of music program so I had to wait for high school for the opportunity. I tend to find that the things I'm most interested in scholastically are the things I already choose to study on my own anyways.

By far my worst subjects were history and the hard sciences. I could never get engaged in history, it just seemed like another variant on literature except with more value because it "actually happened." Not sure what was up with science, maybe I just had really bad science teachers (Ti-ISTj in high school when I was verging on depression, no thanks).

I don't even know how to describe my own personality at any given moment. Is it defined by the emotional states I exhibit regularly? My likes and dislikes of things? Anything I could possibly say about my personality right now or in the past seems highly dependent on my current mood, because I'll be looking at myself through a different emotional lens.

That said, I guess if it boiled down to anything it would be "passively misunderstood" or something. I don't recall ever having the feeling of being truly understood on an emotional level, and I never really got the impression that people saw in me what I saw in myself. Maybe I just dug a hole so deep into my own emotional world that nobody really picked up on it. I blame it on nearly everybody around me being Fe valuing with myself and maybe a couple other friends of mine being Fi. I talked about that sort of thing with my dad once, and he even questioned whether or not I have subjective emotional reactions to anything.

I felt a lot more 'grown up' than everybody else around me. I'd be looking at all the kids yelling and screaming and running haphazardly and see myself as somehow above it all. I remember back in early elementary school I'd gravitate much more to the picture books and occupy myself instead of contributing to the shitstorm of everybody else. I loved rainy days, and still do. I had, and still have, a strong desire for responsibility to something; now that I've been growing up for real, I've begun to understand that I don't need to be held responsible to everybody's expectations for me.

Building stuff out of Legos and K'Nex. I consider myself to be a fairly good kinesthetic learner, so getting my hands on things and jumping right into learning the mechanics of things appealed to me. I'd make little Lego worlds and mentally turn them into prospective overworlds for imaginary platformers (video games for y'all not in the know). K'Nex was the realm of roller coasters and Rube Goldberg machines. Despite me being utterly terrified of roller coasters at the time, I guess I was subconsciously enamored with the idea of transforming energy, where the presence of one object triggers the actions of everything else.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment, I can be described as "Delpha", but you said it doesn't matter so I'll give it a shot.

I always enjoyed art, even thought most people didn't take it seriously. This changed after I went to High School and I was taught "design" (it was a also a preparation for a job). Another one of my favourite subjects was english because I was always pretty good at it. And finally, the subject which probably most insightful for me was ethics. (You can choose it as a alternative to religion class here.) Based on what I've learned there, I had many interesting thoughts. What I didn't like was math, physics (the theory is often boring and complicated), PE (I'm not too well coordinated in gross motor skills and I didn't like team sports).

As a small child, I was mostly calm and quiet, but sometimes a little silly. I became more serious while I grew up. My parents hadn't many problems with me since I was always quite obedient, but I was stubborn at times. However, I was more or less a born loner and a single (best) friend was typical for me. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to resist peer pressure and follow my own path. That's why I never had many friends and wasn't involved in any cliques in and outside school. I always liked to figure things out and started to remember unusual things. Soon I had the image of a wise ass. I think I haven't changed that much besides becoming more mature over the years.

As a child, I was often in the outdoors. As a fan of the Middle Ages, I often played in the forest with friends while I imagined it to be a bygone era. I often built little models of tanks and airplanes and sometimes, I liked to read books. Another of my favourite activaties was Lego (thanks for the tip Galen ). It was definitely the best toy for me, I've spent countless hours building and playing with it. Fortunately, my parents gave my brother a console (Sega Genesis), which was totally awesome. Later, we also had the Gameboy and that made me a gamer, more or less. Even if a lot people say computer games and TV destroy a child's imagination, but I really think it's quite the opposite. The simple graphics of Zeld: Link's awakening and Pokemon developed into epic stories in my mind. Later on, I had my own PC and was pretty much absorbed by that. It was only the games at first, but we got Internet pretty soon as well. Also, thanks to my brother. And after a while, I came to personality typology...
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I thought it would be great to see if there are similarities between types, and how we acted as children. Even though i posted this in the delta forum other types feel welcome to post. Please at least post:

Please feel free to post more than what was asked.
    I enjoy reading long posts, messages etc.
    We seem to have at least three different threads about what people were like when they were children, and all of the threads have been recently active, so I'm not sure which one I will post in. I'm not feeling too well today, very tired, and not able to produce the giant walls of text that I normally write. But I'll say something.

1. I loved math and science. I loved meteorology (in college), nutrition, chemistry, and biology. For some reason, I had sort of a hard time enjoying physics class in high school, but I think it was because I disliked the teacher. I took AP calculus and I always want to brag to everyone, for the rest of eternity, that I got a 5 on the test (and yeah, I know, I stopped bragging about my high scores a long time ago, because a lot of things determine success in life, and high scores don't necessarily lead to success). I also enjoyed literature class, but didn't always like the books we were required to read - it depended on which teacher it was and which books we had to read.

As an adult, I picked up the Schaum's Outline of Bookkeeping and Accounting, and discovered that I like bookkeeping too.

2. When I was a toddler, I was extremely hyperactive until my parents put me on the Feingold diet, and after that I was able to stay still and I stopped torturing animals. I used to be cruel to animals, and now that I'm an adult, I'm the exact opposite, and animals almost always trust me. Back when I was hyper, I did things like pull the cats' tails because I couldn't control myself. So yeah, no joke, the cat lover used to be mean to cats.

I'd write about the things that I used to pretend, but I'm too tired to remember them. I had fantasy scenarios that I played with my brother (2 years older) and the kids next door.

3. I always read books. I also used to draw pictures, but when I became an adult and got a computer, I decided that writing music was more important to me than drawing pictures, because I felt as though I could trigger feelings more directly with music than I could with pictures. I never finished any songs because my life has been total chaos for several years, so writing music is still on my long-term to-do list. I used to play a lot of video games but I don't now.

I'll have to think of more when I feel well enough to talk.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Math followed by Art. History was my worst and least favorite.

I was well-behaved but very spunky. Simultaneously was teacher's pet and wore "inappropriate" clothes and jewelry that I stole from my sister's drawer to school. I was one of the smart kids--always in accelerated classes and/or tutored one-on-one instead of attending any classes provided. I was popular, but didn't like it or the attention I got. I was extremely hard on myself. I don't remember being very happy, but my family likes to tell funny stories about silly things I did as a kid that paint a picture of a much happier child. Like how I would get on the table and dance to Madonna when I was still in diapers. I haven't changed much in core personality, but I'd say I'm happier and more stable with every year.

I daydreamed constantly. Playing make-believe stories with friends was one of my favorites. I loved LEGO, Barbie, and video games. My sister was my best friend (and still is) despite being 9 years older, so I loved just hanging out with her. When I got old enough, she was able to take me to a lot of concerts, movies, etc.

TIM
    EII Ne, 6w5 sp/sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    jesus shit how does everybody write so much D:

Hi,
    Hi Mia Wasikowska

I used her picture since i liked her as an actress.

Thanks everybody for posting. I really enjoyed every-ones posts.
    Here's my reply to my own questions:

Art and Biology were my top two favorites even though i enjoyed going to school and learning everything.

I have loved art since i could remember.
    I always enjoyed drawing, painting and anything else that i can creatively express myself. Drawing is my main medium though. I like drawing Anime characters and things that i see in real life. I don't have too much experience painting, but i would love if i was more skilled in that medium. That is why i am planning on taking a painting class in college. I can't wait!

Now biology i got into because of my grandmother who was my main teacher growing up (I was home schooled). She had a love of science, so her excitement, and avid teaching really helped me become a biology lover. I remember when i was around 7 years old i was learning about bugs and plants. Every day after that class i was allowed to go outside and play. While i was outside i would sit near an ant hill watching the ants bring in different objects into their home. I also liked to dig in the dirt and play with bugs (worms, butterflies and anything else i could get to). This got me into a lot of trouble because i would bring the bugs in as my "pets" and my grandmother could not stand a dirt home or bugs.

I would say i was very imaginative.
    I used my imagination to write stories, come up with games to play with my siblings (two brothers and sister) and cousins. My imagination also served me well while reading. I would imagine i was the main character i was reading. Being alone wasn't hard for me since my imagination usually kept my mind busy.

I was curious.
    I read anything i could get my hands on. I liked to read fiction more than anything, but i would also read books on animals i liked, pets i wish i could have, and places i dreamed of traveling to. Being curious allowed me to do well in school since i would read beyond what i was taught.

I was also more serious than kids my own age.
    I would watch the news, and see whats going on in the world. I couldn't wait to become an adult to change how bad things were in the world. At one time i wanted to be president to help poor people (until i learned how unlikely i could do that). I worried about things that were happening in the family even though i was just a child.

Now i would say that i am still these things.
    Except instead of worrying about my family i try not to anymore. I've learned that i can't worry about thing that i can't change. I would say that i am less shy than i was as a child. I think its because i started going to regular school when i was in 7th grade, so i socialized more than i did when i was younger.

I also think i am a little more sure of myself. Now i don't care if i have a opinion that is not the same as everyone else. I'm not afraid to voice it like i was before. I also think that i have a moral code that i live by, and i will not bend on it because i want people to like me, and i don't want to be around people who don't have some type of morals.

Here are the activities i can remember:

Playing made up games, reading (Harry Potter series, Goosebumps, Left Behind series, etc.), drawing, coloring in coloring books, painting, watching my favorite shows and movies(Clifford, Madeline, Sesame street, Goosebumps, Totaro, Pokemon, Digimon, Spirited Away, etc.), playing video games(Mario kart, Mario party series, Diddy Kong racing, Donkey Kong 64, and any other racing games).

I was a tomboy growing up, so i was really active playing soccer, basketball, and water-gun fights.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mia Wasikowska

Well she's also Ne-INFj, so you're in luck!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was a tomboy growing up, so i was really active playing soccer, basketball, and water-gun fights.
    I was a part-time tomboy. Sometimes I liked doing that sort of thing. Sometimes I wasn't in the mood. Sometimes I did it anyway because I have brothers, not sisters.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, should I use this for my avatar?

It's a picture of an LSE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Actually now that you mention it, where did you get your avatar from? I've seen others with avatars in a similar art style.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I do it too, I think it's supposed to be "a LSE" like "a lobster" or "a lavender color"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually now that you mention it, where did you get your avatar from? I've seen others with avatars in a similar art style.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=24601

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII Ne, 6w5 sp/sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a part-time tomboy. Sometimes I liked doing that sort of thing. Sometimes I wasn't in the mood. Sometimes I did it anyway because I have brothers, not sisters.
    I understand.
    I got along better with my brothers than my sister. Sometimes i would be outside with my brother playing. Other times i would be with my older cousin playing barbies inside.
    Last edited by Joven Erudito89; 09-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

Although I do it too, I think it's supposed to be "a LSE" like "a lobster" or "a lavender color"
    The letter L is pronounced "el," not just "l." Since it starts with a vowel sound, the correct article would be an.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English, Art, Geometry. I was good at all three.

I was shy around strangers, and mostly minded my own business, I think I rarely meant to bother anyone. Regardless of which, I remember a few people being annoyed at my existence, something I have never understood. My aunt was convinced that I was evil and frequently hurt her son on purpose. [To this day, we don't like each other very much.] My sister would often get angry at me for not leaving her friend alone when she came to visit, but I just thought she was so cool and wanted her to notice me. This girl in my neighborhood once told me a secret about her friend and said to spread it to everyone else (some malicious intent I never caught on to), and when I did, she accused me of being a liar and tried to publicly defame me.

I wasn't warm and friendly; I was loud, tactless and bratty as they come, but I kept to myself, I think. I didn't go out of my way to ruin someone else's life. If I didn't like someone, I simply left them alone.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I never felt lonely. I was self-sufficient, I invented games for myself to play, I would watch TV and entertain myself, I wondered a lot and asked many questions in my head but I rarely asked anyone, I simply took the influx of information as it came. This changed somewhat when I reached age 10-11, I became a little more assertive, a little more invasive. I would get bullied in school and bullied at home and this made me bitter enough to wish misfortune upon others and become violent and throw fits of anger where I would break things and shout and scream and slam doors.

I had older siblings, so I often knew things that other kids my age didn't. This was never an advantage for me because I had a propensity to correct - in a group of people where 58 of them believe that London is a country, I was the unpopular idiot, regardless of whether or not I was right.

I receded into Internet Land as I got older. It wasn't a substitute for people as my brother likes to think, it was simply a transition from being alone outside, collecting objects, to being alone inside, collecting facts and information.

At different points in my childhood, I wanted to be a tailor, a fashion designer, a chemist, an architect and an animator.

I'm different now in that I'm not a child anymore. My self-sufficiency has waned; I often feel lonely and feel the need to reach out to other people; I have become mellower and friendlier (at least, in my mind) because I genuinely want to form bonds and reciprocate every bit of love and respect I may receive from others. I've become more respectful and I'm learning each day to value people and their perspectives and not consider them disposable.
    Last edited by Radio; 10-01-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The letter L is pronounced "el," not just "l." Since it starts with a vowel sound, the correct article would be an.
    I do this too sometimes. I pronounce my letters as though they're a word, instead of initials. So I'll pronounce it 'sly' instead of Ess Ell Eye. And 'Lie-ee' for LIE, 'Liz-zee' or 'Le-zee' or something for LSE (schwa, the un-emphasized vowel sound), and so on. So that causes the articles to change sometimes. I usually avoid doing that with the LSE because it sounds like lezzie, lesbian, but even so that's how I say it. Of course, 'Lie' doesn't sound very nice, either. And I don't necessarily want to be viewed as being 'sly.' And SLE plural reminds me of 'sleaze,' so that doesn't sound good either.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent my childhood wanting to be an adult, to be in different situations.

now that I'm older........... I feel like I still figured out things sooner and spent less time as a child.