Thread: Socionics is taking over my brain

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics is taking over my brain.

So, I was just reading the wikisocion article of EII male and female. I read this line, "Young DOSTOYEVSKY is... a large amateur of reading," and thought to myself, Actually, I don't read for pleasure all that often. Probably because I'm too stressed with school.

Then I thought to myself, Maybe I should start reading that book I bought.

And then I realized that the only reason I thought that to myself was because the article said so. Socionics temporarily used mind control on me. So, does anyone else think Socionics is actually a conspiracy to take over the world?

On the other hand, after thinking about it for a while, I do read more than a lot of students around me. I like to read my school textbooks, even the sections that I know we aren't going to learn about. Really, the reason I was thinking that I don't read for pleasure is because I haven't been reading the books that I bought recently. I haven't even finished the one I asked for Christmas last year...
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't really read that much.

I don't know why they have these descriptions, they all seem different, so it would be kinda hard to take over the world if they're all contrasting.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

read the books then
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, you just reminded me of the reading list I had at the back of my head, which goes back to a couple of years of neglect. That list isn't growing any shorter and so is my "must watch movie" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay
    And then I realized that the only reason I thought that to myself was because the article said so. Socionics temporarily used mind control on me. So, does anyone else think Socionics is actually a conspiracy to take over the world?
    I don't find it much of a conspiracy but I suppose it's fun to entertain the idea. There are worse suggestive and mind-controlling forces out there that are more wide-spread than socionics. It's a problem really, when we unconsciously adapt ourselves to type descriptions. It's helpful to just glance through and get the overall gist of it. I don't go analyzing and comparing every specific sentence to myself to prevent myself to falling into this trap.

Quote Originally Posted by poli
    I don't know why they have these descriptions, they all seem different, so it would be kinda hard to take over the world if they're all contrasting.
    Yeah, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Socionics the Disease

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Ugh, you just reminded me of the reading list I had at the back of my head, which goes back to a couple of years of neglect. That list isn't growing any shorter and so is my "must watch movie" list.
    I have one of those too lol. Also many years in neglect.
    Yeah, that sucks.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

one way to make steady progress on a reading list is to READ THE BOOKS
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    So, I was just reading the wikisocion article of EII male and female. I read this line, "Young DOSTOYEVSKY is... a large amateur of reading," and thought to myself, Actually, I don't read for pleasure all that often. Probably because I'm too stressed with school.

Then I thought to myself, Maybe I should start reading that book I bought.

No, that would be a conspiracy to make you read Dosteyevsky, lol.

I always thought there was something odd about socionics though, like seems like tool to control populations by making everyone "have" to live only with other quadra members though I dont know what the point of that would be.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII's are usually portrayed as avid/pleasure readers as well. I'm guessing it is mostly because the internet had not surpassed books as #1 textual media when these descriptions were written (or at least in Russia?). I don't read anything non-digital that isn't a college textbook.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)