Thread: What were you like as a child?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What were you like as a child?

I was quite good when I was little, not really loud or a trouble maker but I was a bit of a know it all, stubborn and a porkie-teller (liar). I was lost in my own head alot, I liked colouring in, hide and seek and watching a favourite movie over & over again. (esp. the 101 dalmations and the nightmare b4 christmas.)
    ...then I turned into a stroppy wounded teenager like most.

you?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally very quiet child. I asked my mum once 'so did i ever piss people off by crying too loudly or being rowdy in public places?' she said 'no, you were very well-behaved, except at home '

Me and my brother used to play this spinning game: we held hands and spun round and round and round while staring at a spot in the ceiling until both of us couldn't take it anymore and we fall on the ground in a giddy and giggling fit.

I liked to poke my dad's ass because he kept telling me not to.

Parents of female classmates in nursery/kindergarten always tried to match make me and their daughters. Unfortunately I only realized that's what they were trying to do when I got much older.

Usually just kept to myself when outside. Very self-absorbed.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kinda know-it-all and extraverted, yet somewhat naive when dealing with other children (i.e. they'd often steal my toys). Relatively well-behaved at home, except sometimes when I really really wanted a specific toy, in that case I'd raise hell until I got it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really outgoing and energetic, always dancing, making up some new game, etc.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

An annoying smart ass, asking lots and lots of questions, restless, energetic, know-it-all, competitive, curious...like now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was really well-behaved except for the occasional outburst. i read constantly and was known for being the "smart kid." i was treated like a little adult and i sort of thought i was one, like trying to organize a garage sale for my toys until my parents found out and i was flabbergasted they wouldn't allow it. i was really anxious about pleasing authority, like teachers, and got teased at school. i would put on solo plays for my family out of stories i made up based on coloring book "scripts" but i was very shy in public.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how far back, I don't remember much of my earlier years...my mother said I was "bouncing all over the place"..."active, smart, charming, good kid but a bad-boy", did a lot of risky shit lol. Then somewhere along the line in middle school through highschool I still did a lot of stupid stuff but was depressed, bullied, awkward, weird, loner, but still a bad boy w/e....

Im 19 now and I still consider myself somewhat of a child, but young adult fits better. I don't know if its my brain maturing or my general self-improvement but now im just I dunno, better. During middle school/highschool it was like my Ti was dominating, but now my Se is just in overdrive.

Creepy-pokeball

I was angelic

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was apparently very cuddly as a baby and liked to be read to a lot. Very joyful but also had a temper but got over tantrums quickly. I was very stubborn.

I was very gregarious and out-going in kindergarten, always performing, but when I got to school, and the group got bigger, I got shyer and quieter and unsure of myself. Kind of changed dramatically.

I liked the slow family life and routine of school, but then I always escaped to my own fantasy world for a while.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was quiet, introverted but with a rebellious streak, curious about everything, enjoyed drawing and reading, especially various world almanacs and stories of distant places.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mix. At home I kept mostly to myself minding my own business, occasionally getting into squabbles with siblings. At school, running about, teasing people, etc. Got more and more serious-minded as I grew.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was bossy and pushy to other kids and had frequent anger outburst at ages 4 and 5, then moved to another town and developed a more contemplative and silent character as a result of fitting in with the kids there less well. from ages 10-12 i had a period of sanguine life under influence of several Exxj friends.

i was also pretty much from age 3 on a tech savvy kid obsessed with computers (Atari ST at first).

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I climbed a lot of trees.
    I fed a lot of rabbits.
    I decorated the homes of my barbies.
    I ate olives, and I didn't like to share.
    I would spin in circles for hours.
    I wrote very sloppily until one day I just decided to be more neat.
    I had a good friend. We played together.
    I was a good girl and did as I was told.
    I liked to sit in the rain.
    I liked to read.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't remember my childhood, like it wasn't there. I mean, I can recall bits when 10-11 yrs old but those are just flashes.

Starting from that, I was pretty lively, did things just to tire myself out, liked to talk about things I did/saw/read but mostly kept things to myself amongst unfamiliar people.

I didn't even bother making friends, just did fun things and others joined in.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Age 3-9:

Very curious, always thinking, always inside my head. Liked collecting things, liked looking through large collections of things like tape-cassettes or photo-albums. Fairly outgoing but not necessarily social. Fine with playing by myself as well as with playing with others. Almost never lonely; found games to play in the most mundane things. Loved watching cartoons; cried at Lion King when Mufasa died. Shy.

Age 10-12: Moved houses, changed schools.

Change of premises made me recede into my room and take up more introverted activities. Took up reading, programming, web designing. Became slightly more aggressive/pushy/demanding. Frequently built things out of cardboard, clay, wood. Liked designing roller-coaster models and then imagined riding them. Liked designing mazes, haunted houses, and inventing new forms of tag for younger cousins to play. Aspired to be an animator.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was an exhibitionist, refusing to wear clothes til elementary school. esp. underwear.

i explored a lot. loved the woods, loved dirt hills etc. always had friends a few years older than me
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was quiet and well behaved, but if someone (particularly an adult) mistreated me, I made them feel bad. When I was in fourth grade I wrote my teacher a 2 page letter explaining how she was doing everything wrong and she was a bad role model for the children and treated everyone unfairly. I think she was surprised because I didn't seem to have a problem, I was always just so quiet and obedient. So when she got it she started crying and she felt so bad. I got along well with others, wasn't ever bullied or anything. Almost every teacher said I was their "dream student"

Home was different though, I was a little louder, I liked to sing and dance and play with barbies. Had an insatiable appetite, and still do. I think it's dopamine related though.
    When I was 9 or 10, I went to the playground with a friend, with a huge box of all of my barbies (the box was like 2x2x4). We cut off all their hair, popped off their heads and limbs, then buried them in the playground (a different spot for each body part). Kind of fucked up, but funny.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamy, often lost in my own world, often thought I was smarter than my teachers and didn't listen to them (this would change later, when I became extremely intellectually insecure). Alternated between being really shy and really hyper/crazy--would get in trouble in school for being too giddy when I was supposed to be "serious." Started staying home alone when I was six, rode my bike around everywhere, and had adventures by myself or with neighborhood children I would meet.

I could spend enormous quantities of time alone, being fully capable of retreating into my imagination (the hard part was getting me out of it.) Around other kids, I would often be the leader in having them play imaginary games.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31
    What were you like as a child?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was from about 3-6, I was constantly talking in class. I loved to hug people, so the teachers were like @_@ NO BODY CONTACT. Then I got older and kids started picking on me for being weird and shy I guess. I became the kid who was always picked last for sports and just generally not liked. It took until high school to finally leave the dumb people in my elementary school and be able to be myself
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I climbed a lot of trees.
    I fed a lot of rabbits.
    I decorated the homes of my barbies.
    I ate olives, and I didn't like to share.
    I would spin in circles for hours.
    I wrote very sloppily until one day I just decided to be more neat.
    I had a good friend. We played together.
    I was a good girl and did as I was told.
    I liked to sit in the rain.
    I liked to read.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-pokeball

I was very curious and naively brave when I was young. I was told that I asked far too much of everything. Then, I had a childhood not meant for children. I would say that it reflected in my teen years, especially since I had to be mostly self-sufficient. It affected me greatly, but the true self always resides within. I would say that I was born with an extreme sense of right vs. wrong. Whether or not I was correct, it did not matter. Persuasion was futle. I was also the type of kid to just take off from his family while shopping. I had a low tolerance to being "tied to the pack." I was very adventurous.

Physically, I had absolutely no fear. Socially, I was highly evasive. However, overall, the two main attributes that stuck out was an insatiable curiousity for life and an extremely low tolerance for the obstruction of autonomy over myself or others.

I think I have a photo @ age 6. I was slender that year.

I have no clue what happened, lol. I almost looked innocent

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you actually do fit the profile of a sociopath: disinhibition, trouble socializing when young, literal views on ethical issues, overly self-confident...no wonder Ashy hates you.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the oldest of two. Very responsible and independent. I followed the rules pretty much until I was 18, because they generally made sense to me and the risk/reward ratio wasn't worth it. I was quiet and disliked adults for some reason. I spent a lot of time in my room, painting, listening to the radio, reading. I was musical--sang in all the choirs and played the piano and the oboe. I had no desire to be popular in school, as long as I had my close friends. I kind of flew under the radar with the aura that I was "too good" for most of the people in my school/high school. (which is unfortunate)

I clearly remember my parents saying that I could be anything I wanted to be, in life, and thinking they were kinda full of crap. Cause I knew there were limits. But I knew they were just trying to be good parents.

I was pretty emotional but I hid my negative emotions nearly 100% of the time. I rarely cried in front of anyone. But that's how my entire family was, so I probably took my cue from them, to some extent.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

I was curious and liked to explore, a smart ass, and occasionally obnoxious.

I would frequently go out in the neighborhood I lived in with my bike and ride around, I would go down large hills, through storm drains, houses being built, ride my bike to the gas stations nearby, and to the greenbelt behind the housing division (there was a large expanse of wooded area behind where I lived). I would go out there with other people from the neighborhood to and talk to other people outside, as a kid I made a lot of friends in my neighborhood just doing this. We used to name different areas of the woods and build forts and stuff. I made a shitty bow and arrow and spear from the branches of trees once. I remember shooting a kid with a shitty arrow I made (it was blunt tipped) and his mom chased me down because she was worried -- although the arrow was too blunt for him to be seriously injured.

I was really into planes because my dad had gotten out of the air force when I was in kindergarten. He used to fly a10s and I remember one christmas they had a guy dressed up as santa claus taxi in on an a10. I used to read through encyclopedias of ww2 planes, modern planes, and helicopters -- I liked encyclopedias and science stuff in general as well. Kids would ask me every time a plane flew by what kind it was, I was like the appointed plane expert. I dressed up as a fighter pilot several times for halloween, and played it up with the jumpsuit and everything.

I remember going a lot to the pool in the neighborhood and was obsessed with supersoakers, I would always try to start battles with the supersoakers and even would shoot it at the lifeguards which probably hated me.

In class I was smart, but apparently I got in trouble a lot for not paying attention or getting off task. I remember I used to purposefully pretend not to be paying attention when I wanted to answer a question, using reverse psychology in order to actually answer the question. I remember teachers occasionally would like me because I was good at taking initiative as a kid, but also hate me because I didn't listen well. I also loved mad libs and filling them in with inappropriate stuff and laughing, one day I introduced this to a group of people and we laughed a shitload.

I didn't have problems making friends in my childhood. I liked to play a lot of video games. I was somewhat into sports, I liked basketball, hockey, and karate. I went to a basketball camp in 5th grade and everyone was a douchebag I thought so I lost my interest in sports around that time, I lived in texas so hockey wasn't big, and I did karate up until later in middle school which I probably liked the best. After middle school I really didn't find sports all that interesting.

I first became interested in girls around 3rd grade, I had one girl in particular I was obsessed with for a half a year, but I was too insecure and shy to do anything and eventually it subsided. I also tried occasionally to form a "club" and have friends be a part of it, which was successful but went no where, although I used to dream up doing all sorts of ambitious things with this club like building forts, raising money, and stuff. Around 5th grade I abandoned this idea.

Oh I also spent a fair amount of time making model cars and airplanes, the kind that required using the exacto knife, glue, and paint and assembling things.
    Last edited by male; 09-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was an extremely anxious shy child, pretty much a complete loner that kept to himself and almost never spoke unless spoken to. I was hyper-sensitive to anything that was happening around me whether it was positive or negative I felt it ten-fold. I escaped into a world inside my mind, played a lot of video games and watched a few favorite television shows religiously. I enjoyed making creations out of lego, it allowed me to be imaginative and creative.

I usually only had one friend at a time that I was very attached to. I was enrolled into sports, and I enjoyed hockey because I was a good defenceman and it allowed me to express an aggressive/competitive side of myself, but I hated soccer because the coaches were prejudiced on who they wanted to play (which wasn't me). Yeah my childhood sucked, but it had some good moments.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a horrible temper as a kid (well, still do), always fought with my parents and siblings and beat my cousin up daily..like severe beatings haha and it was a he and he was much older than me lolz. School stressed me out too much because of the social demands. I'd get off school and NEED my alone time for a couple of hours up in my room where I'd draw and be all creative and artsy. I distinctly remember throwing HUGE tantrums when people would interrupt me and i'd break all the barbie houses and the heads off barbies and rip all my posters off the wall and what not. I was a demon child. I have a random memory of myself refusing to get into the car seat and being so mad at my parents for putting me in there that I pooped on the floor of my mothers workplace HAHA. Would prefer to forget everything up til the age of 25.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop being so cute Jessica or I'm afraid I must bite you too. Right after abbie.

i was an exhibitionist, refusing to wear clothes til elementary school. esp. underwear.
    So you're not in elementary school now right?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the kind of kid that sat by the corner like a good boy with a book in his hand. I could sit still, so that is considered "good". I think I was also the dream kid of every relative I had -- everyone loved how I was smart and well-behaved and all that; I think my cousin got jealous and started bullying me lol. Also very sensitive, my cousin just loved bullying me.

When I was 7 that's when everything started to change. I told myself firmly I am not going to let myself be pushed around in any way. I fought back and then lolabuse happens.

As a teen (13-16) I was very defiant and aggressive. It started out with words and then... you know where it goes. I was homeless at least 3 times a month and I couldn't stand my mother (and I still can't stand her). We also fought at least every 3 days.

In secondary school I mostly minded my own business but I passively defied authority. My homework was either very late or not submitted at all. The bullying and teasing in school didn't really bother me. I think people would describe me as cold, unengaged and apathetic.

Primary school is cake, I just did my homework and never studied -- averaged As and Bs throughout. I got along with everyone mostly, no deep friendships or anything of the sort.
    언제나.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're definitely IP you dipshit. Where the hell is SLE coming from? And don't you whine about being labelled.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based off that little snippet I shared with everyone, yes, you know me more than I do.

#psychic
    언제나.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    You're definitely IP you dipshit. Where the hell is SLE coming from? And don't you whine about being labelled.
    I don't see the need to justify myself to you because OMG SOMEONE OVER THE INTERNET INSULTED ME!!!!

>.>
    언제나.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i was assuming you wouldn't feel insulted. ExTps never feel insulted over these kind of things.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was angry, violent, and I always had something of a following of people for some reason

I loved the hell out of playing sports, I did good at math, and I was dogshit at language arts; I was also a bit of a fat kid, I've corrected that though...

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was sociable but not very well integrated, kind of a misfit. That might've been because I moved around alot but even before moving I felt like a misfit, so while I dont think thats what set it off, I think it didnt help. I was also very imaginative and curious I could read my books on dinosaurs for hours on end. I would draw these really colorful pictures and even make books out of them. Once I tried to make a book out of my dreams but that didnt take off. I was sort of the life of the party around my friends, when I was there, so was everyone else, when I went home, so did everyone else. I was also mistreated by alot of these same "friends" who werent sincere. But I wasnt discouraged by people and always made new friends etc, though it sucked because like I said I moved around alot so each time I made friends here, I had to leave them and start over there. All in all, I was very unhappy. I liked animals alot. My mom described me as really dramatic in my reactions too, like when these two girls I was friends with didnt want to be friends with me anymore my mom told me I reacted like it was the end of the world. I have no memory of this. So yeah, not mistreated at home or anything, wasnt cruel to animals, and never fell on my head as a kid. But I was mistreated in the outside world which made me wonder what was wrong with me, and that my parnets where just sheltering me from the outside world which i had to destroy to get my own back from feeling as my mom recalls I put it "like a squashed rat".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i was assuming you wouldn't feel insulted. ExTps never feel insulted over these kind of things.
    true. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    I was quite good when I was little, not really loud or a trouble maker but I was a bit of a know it all, stubborn and a porkie-teller (liar). I was lost in my own head alot, I liked colouring in, hide and seek and watching a favourite movie over & over again. (esp. the 101 dalmations and the nightmare b4 christmas.)
    ...then I turned into a stroppy wounded teenager like most.

you?

0-7 Lost in my imagination. Enjoyed playing with soft toys and taking a register of all toys in attendance at my ficticious playschool. Playfighting with my brother. Attending dance classes (modern, ballet and tap). Manipulating the guilt of my divorced parents to get more toys. Writing poems.

10-13 Reading fiction constantly. Walking into lamposts as I read my book. Trying to overcome my painful shyness and inability to notice things (walking around with ladders in my tights). Feeling sorry for myself. Avoiding practicing my trumpet (lol). Singing in the choir. Avoiding bullies. A+ student.

13 -16 Tired of being bullied and go off the rails in a deliberate attempt to gain attention from my family and to 'fit in'. Start smoking, drinking etc Grades drop. Popularity increases. Bullying stops. Hear the term 'grounded' a lot.

17.....Move out of my parents house

Following years..... realise the error of my ways stop smoking, rebellious behaviour and become a happy nerd again Back to books, imagining things, achieving positve goals and being happy.

Sometimes I miss my rebellious years though... they were fun but guess i had to grow up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    There is much more to my childhood and much of it is filled with things I would never want to change. Here I have only shared a little of the very start.

I was born a child who had much to overcome in this life.
    God bless you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast