Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50

Thread: Can Delta Quadra Types be Enneagram 4?

  1. #1
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can Delta Quadra Types be Enneagram 4?

    Or is it the exclusive e-type of IEIs?

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dostoyevski was EII and probably 4w5 sx/sp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^What these two guys said.

    Somehow I wonder if ENFp 4s could possibly exist. If so they'd have to be Fi sub.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  4. #4
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is set in 2's (dichotomies)
    Enneagram is set in 3's (triads)
    Since the basis for each system is incredibly different, consensus on correlation doesn't even seem theoretically possible (Where-as consensus on someone's socionic type is theoretically possible but not yet practically possible).
    Because of this a lot of people say "Any socionics type can be any enneagram type" which I guess could be true but some matchups are/shouldBe exceptionally rare (the ones with semi-contradicting descriptions between systems).
    Socionics takes dumps on enneagram. (Which prolly has a lot to do with it's binary nature)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    ^^What these two guys said.

    Somehow I wonder if ENFp 4s could possibly exist. If so they'd have to be Fi sub.
    Doubtful

    The only extrovert I could even conceive of as type 4 primary would be EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I probably shouldn't say anythong just now, but I think there are too many problems with strict rules of correlating enneagram with socionocs to attempt it. I'm sure Delta, or any other quadra, Fours are possible, however. Perhaps which type from a triad you become is somehow more type related, so image triad Deltas might be oftener Twos than Fours compared to Betas, or something, but not impossible.

  7. #7
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahh... My eyes glitter at the news. Good to know they exist. I want an INFj E4. For some reason, I feel that I would be entirely enamoured by one. Looks like I'll have to check out Dostoyevski's works.

    I'm not too sure about the socionics-enneagram correlations, though I do have a hard time imagining an LSE E4. You never know till you see one I suppose.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Can Deltas be E4?
    More like C-4.

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    I'm not too sure about the socionics-enneagram correlations
    How is you not being sure on such correlations manage to blurt out you're looking for an EII E4?

    though I do have a hard time imagining an LSE E4. You never know till you see one I suppose.
    You never know...

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course. I relate a lot to 4 tendencies, but I am not sure yet if I'm a 4 or a 9. I feel quite attracted to ESTj 8s however.
    Last edited by 717495; 09-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.

  10. #10
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Regarding 4's, I have only not seen ESTj. I have even seen an ESTp 4, which would be the male vocalist in Lady Antebellum. ENTj 4's are pretty cool. Its quite the balance, but theyre rare. I am guessing that ESTj 4's exist, but that they may be quite rare. INFp 4's, on the other hand, are among the more common 4's.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Regarding 4's, I have only not seen ESTj. I have even seen an ESTp 4, which would be the male vocalist in Lady Antebellum. ENTj 4's are pretty cool. Its quite the balance, but theyre rare. I am guessing that ESTj 4's exist, but that they may be quite rare. INFp 4's, on the other hand, are among the more common 4's.
     
    Yeah, but you're full of shit.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name traits of E4
    Name traits of E4 that enamor you

  13. #13
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Name traits of E4
    Name traits of E4 that enamor you
    To the first, it's all over the web so I won't bother copy and pasting them.

    To the second, everything.

    To a more serious answer. I think that they're the most likely type to intrigue me. An INFp self-absorption I might find selfish and perhaps annoyingly whiny. An INFj E4 would be expressing Fi and in its negative form a strange self-defeatism in altruistic melancholy which I will find extremely difficult to resist, and would be impelled to "save" them from themselves. Also, taking into account that I'm E8, such a unique individual inevitably poses a uniquely difficult challenge to last me a very long time, forcing me out of my dry tough shell into the fearsome watery depths of love, or to risk losing it.

  14. #14
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A damsel in perpetual distress will end up being quite the distressing damsel. Just a thought. (Goes for men, too.)

    Romanticism in delta STs is cute, though. And it's good to know what you want.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  15. #15
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Name traits of E4
    Name traits of E4 that enamor you
    To the first, it's all over the web so I won't bother copy and pasting them.

    To the second, everything.

    To a more serious answer. I think that they're the most likely type to intrigue me. An INFp self-absorption I might find selfish and perhaps annoyingly whiny. An INFj E4 would be expressing Fi and in its negative form a strange self-defeatism in altruistic melancholy which I will find extremely difficult to resist, and would be impelled to "save" them from themselves. Also, taking into account that I'm E8, such a unique individual inevitably poses a uniquely difficult challenge to last me a very long time, forcing me out of my dry tough shell into the fearsome watery depths of love, or to risk losing it.
    All introverts are self-absorbed and, to a great degree, selfish; all EII are Fi types and all of them have an altruistic melancholic tone in the way they express their emotions towards things that happen with regards to the sadness that surrounds the world because we carry a lot on our shoulders. So you're a protector and Matt, my boyfriend relates to that as well.

  16. #16
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    All introverts are self-absorbed and, to a great degree, selfish; all EII are Fi types and all of them have an altruistic melancholic tone in the way they express their emotions towards things that happen with regards to the sadness that surrounds the world because we carry a lot on our shoulders. So you're a protector and Matt, my boyfriend relates to that as well.
    All Fj types do this -- just differently. Its not about introversion or extroversion, but the ease of which Fj types lose themselves in others or the relations. Just as Fe dominants can so easily reach into others and pull out the hidden, and sometimes not-so-hidden, subjective, information, Fi types can so easily read the hidden information between others. And, as all 4 are related informatically, both sets can do both things easily --to a degree. Fj's, as a whole, are always high risk for losing themselves in others, whether single people, the relations, their relations, or groups. In a sense, all 4 are other-absorbed. Self-absorbed, on the other hand, is a bit of a tricky slope because the contraction of words is to tangential.

    If there are ESTj 4's, I'd assume they are of Si subtype. A fatal flaw with 4's is both their laziness due to getting caught up in lord knows what and their ease in which they can slip into fantasy, and as has been brought up -- self-absorption. This, I believe, is their mode of escape. Te, specifically of the dominant Delta form within the ESTj type, is anything but this form of self-absorption. Theyre HIGHLY capable of other forms of self-absorption, especially regarding with their lack of foresight and perceptive bias towards their specific, efficient needs, but they are not specifically self-absorbed in the way 4's are prone to.

    In contrast, here is an example of an ENTj 4w5. Granted, he is sexually flaming, but he is definitely an ENTj.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Verreos

    And, yeah, Ive seen every episode of this show

    He is a very interesting combo because the dominant Te is definitely expressed strongly, but the 4 counterpart of him softens the tone immensely. Most 4s are easy to socio-type because they cannot help but express their being, and they likely are so very unaware that they are doing so.

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    All introverts are self-absorbed and, to a great degree, selfish; all EII are Fi types and all of them have an altruistic melancholic tone in the way they express their emotions towards things that happen with regards to the sadness that surrounds the world because we carry a lot on our shoulders. So you're a protector and Matt, my boyfriend relates to that as well.
    All Fj types do this -- just differently. Its not about introversion or extroversion, but the ease of which Fj types lose themselves in others or the relations. Just as Fe dominants can so easily reach into others and pull out the hidden, and sometimes not-so-hidden, subjective, information, Fi types can so easily read the hidden information between others. And, as all 4 are related informatically, both sets can do both things easily --to a degree. Fj's, as a whole, are always high risk for losing themselves in others, whether single people, the relations, their relations, or groups. In a sense, all 4 are other-absorbed. Self-absorbed, on the other hand, is a bit of a tricky slope because the contraction of words is to tangential.

    If there are ESTj 4's, I'd assume they are of Si subtype. A fatal flaw with 4's is both their laziness due to getting caught up in lord knows what and their ease in which they can slip into fantasy, and as has been brought up -- self-absorption. This, I believe, is their mode of escape. Te, specifically of the dominant Delta form within the ESTj type, is anything but this form of self-absorption. Theyre HIGHLY capable of other forms of self-absorption, especially regarding with their lack of foresight and perceptive bias towards their specific, efficient needs, but they are not specifically self-absorbed in the way 4's are prone to.

    In contrast, here is an example of an ENTj 4w5. Granted, he is sexually flaming, but he is definitely an ENTj.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Verreos

    And, yeah, Ive seen every episode of this show

    He is a very interesting combo because the dominant Te is definitely expressed strongly, but the 4 counterpart of him softens the tone immensely. Most 4s are easy to socio-type because they cannot help but express their being, and they likely are so very unaware that they are doing so.
    No, not really. Where an Fe type might be impacted by external happenings and trying to figure out what to do in a situation that directly involves them and emotions/actions in a situation, an Fi type might not care and might only be concerned about their values about what's happening or their own comfort in that situation. Introverts are really self-centered, after all, they have the subjective additive to situations.

  18. #18
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I'm not specifically sure that you quite understand what I mean.

  19. #19
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Ahh... My eyes glitter at the news. Good to know they exist. I want an INFj E4. For some reason, I feel that I would be entirely enamoured by one. Looks like I'll have to check out Dostoyevski's works.

    I'm not too sure about the socionics-enneagram correlations, though I do have a hard time imagining an LSE E4. You never know till you see one I suppose.
    Many Russian websites assign EII typing to Dostoyevsky and IEI to Esenin and imho they have them typed wrong. Dostoyevsky's works have that Ni-Ti existential heaviness to them, while Esenin was most likely a Fi-Ne ego and a 4.

    You can compare them for yourself. Here is a collection of translations of Esenin's poems: http://samlib.ru/w/wagapow_a/yesen.shtml

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Many Russian websites assign EII typing to Dostoyevsky and IEI to Esenin and imho they have them typed wrong. Dostoyevsky's works have that Ni-Ti existential heaviness to them, while Esenin was most likely a Fi-Ne ego and a 4
    He already did change his E-type, I'm still waiting for a change of sociotype for he said I won't see a change coming from him.

  21. #21
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    A damsel in perpetual distress will end up being quite the distressing damsel. Just a thought. (Goes for men, too.)
    I'm banking on them tiring of distress, and shift to moments of calm and serenity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    All introverts are self-absorbed and, to a great degree, selfish; all EII are Fi types and all of them have an altruistic melancholic tone in the way they express their emotions towards things that happen with regards to the sadness that surrounds the world because we carry a lot on our shoulders. So you're a protector and Matt, my boyfriend relates to that as well.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've not seen it in the INFj E9s I know IRL, who are more toned down and less expressive. I would expect INFj E4s to be externally cold, hiding currents of emotion under the surface, which when uncovered contain overwhelming sensitivity and depth, yet restrained from full expression in silent self-torture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    If there are ESTj 4's, I'd assume they are of Si subtype. A fatal flaw with 4's is both their laziness due to getting caught up in lord knows what and their ease in which they can slip into fantasy, and as has been brought up -- self-absorption. This, I believe, is their mode of escape. Te, specifically of the dominant Delta form within the ESTj type, is anything but this form of self-absorption. Theyre HIGHLY capable of other forms of self-absorption, especially regarding with their lack of foresight and perceptive bias towards their specific, efficient needs, but they are not specifically self-absorbed in the way 4's are prone to.
    Interesting. I would agree with the bolded.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal
    Many Russian websites assign EII typing to Dostoyevsky and IEI to Esenin and imho they have them typed wrong. Dostoyevsky's works have that Ni-Ti existential heaviness to them, while Esenin was most likely a Fi-Ne ego and a 4.

    You can compare them for yourself. Here is a collection of translations of Esenin's poems: http://samlib.ru/w/wagapow_a/yesen.shtml
    I've not read Dostoevsky's poetry so I can't compare, but I've managed to force myself through half of his Crime and Punishment at one time and I agree that it has a pretty existentialist theme. It's weird like Camus' The Stranger and Kafka's Metamorphosis.

    FWIW, I quite like Esenin's poems (as per the link you posted), which are relatively simple and easy to read.

    I've randomly picked one: Does this sound more NiFe or FiNe and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Esenin
    Snow-clad is the plain, and the moon is white
    Covered with a shroud is my country side.
    Birches dressed in white are crying, as I see.
    Who is dead, I wonder? Is it really me?

  22. #22
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've not seen it in the INFj E9s I know IRL, who are more toned down and less expressive. I would expect INFj E4s to be externally cold, hiding currents of emotion under the surface, which when uncovered contain overwhelming sensitivity and depth, yet restrained from full expression in silent self-torture.
    That sounds appropriate. My mother is an INFj 9, and she is warm for Delta Fi, but like most 9s, she reserves energy. An INFj 4 would be a completely different aspect.

  23. #23
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    FWIW, I quite like Esenin's poems (as per the link you posted), which are relatively simple and easy to read.

    I've randomly picked one: Does this sound more NiFe or FiNe and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Esenin
    Snow-clad is the plain, and the moon is white
    Covered with a shroud is my country side.
    Birches dressed in white are crying, as I see.
    Who is dead, I wonder? Is it really me?
    Extracting type from a single stanza is not a very certain method, but just for the kicks here goes:

    First and second sentences suggest that he has sentimental attachment to his "country side", physical location that he considers to be his home, and that he possesses certain attentiveness to his own mood states. This vaguely hints at Fi coupled with Si.

    Third line is an example of anthropomorphism or perhaps even animism (no way to tell for sure here). He is assigning human emotion states to birch trees. Same is occurring in second line where "country side" is portrayed as if it is wearing "a shroud". However, the attributes assigned to both are static; he is as if taking snapshots of these physical objects and then assigning them animate traits. This again points towards Fi-Si.

    Last line there is a depersonalizing instance, suggested metaphorical death, that is accompanied by him asking a question that starts with inquiry of "who". According to Serious/Merry dichotomy this is attributed to serious types i.e. types that value TeFi.

    Trying to analyze this stanza from point of view of Ni-Fe I can't really come up with any semantics to 'grab' to assign the Ni, Fe or Ti functions.

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Siuntal, that was beautiful. I haven't added you to my self typing, I type you IEI.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-09-2011 at 01:01 AM.

  25. #25
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ... I am not as EII and confirmed.
    huh? did you mean you type me as EII?

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ... I am not as EII and confirmed.
    huh? did you mean you type me as EII?
    lol sorry IEI is what I meant. OOPPSSSy

  27. #27
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Extracting type from a single stanza is not a very certain method, but just for the kicks here goes:

    First and second sentences suggest that he has sentimental attachment to his "country side", physical location that he considers to be his home, and that he possesses certain attentiveness to his own mood states. This vaguely hints at Fi coupled with Si.

    Third line is an example of anthropomorphism or perhaps even animism (no way to tell for sure here). He is assigning human emotion states to birch trees. Same is occurring in second line where "country side" is portrayed as if it is wearing "a shroud". However, the attributes assigned to both are static; he is as if taking snapshots of these physical objects and then assigning them animate traits. This again points towards Fi-Si.

    Last line there is a depersonalizing instance, suggested metaphorical death, that is accompanied by him asking a question that starts with inquiry of "who". According to Serious/Merry dichotomy this is attributed to serious types i.e. types that value TeFi.

    Trying to analyze this stanza from point of view of Ni-Fe I can't really come up with any semantics to 'grab' to assign the Ni, Fe or Ti functions.
    That was a really nice analysis, thanks. I've read more of his verses, and they have a relatively similar theme. Take this for instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Esenin
    I have thought in silence days and hours,
    I have written songs. And I don't grieve.
    I am happy in this gloomy world of ours
    To have had a chance to breathe and live.

    I am happy, I have kissed a woman,
    I have slept in grass and flower-bed,
    And I never, like a decent human,
    Hit a dog or kitten in the head.
    Some introversion, Fi, and Si valuing is apparent. I think you're right in calling Esenin an EII.

  28. #28
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I dont know. I'd be easy to type based on my creative writing: poetry classes. People tend to have to reach deep or be conceptually clever to make progress with such writing types so poems tend to bring a part of that person in, whether the writer likes it or not.

  29. #29
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default



    Delta 4 says hi.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Many Russian websites assign EII typing to Dostoyevsky and IEI to Esenin and imho they have them typed wrong. Dostoyevsky's works have that Ni-Ti existential heaviness to them
    Seriously, from where come the need to reverse well know typing ? From what ive read, I agree that Dotoevsky is an archetypal EII... Existential heaviness arent the domain of Ni-Ti only...

    And, when you go outside published stuff from Dotoevsky, some source about our dear Fyodor indicate more a 5w6/6w5 than a 4, too. Imo this thread come from a general mess about what is a 4, including wrong description in the enneagram itself.


    For enneagram... In my case, ive take some time to determine myself beetween 6 and 4, and it wasnt a easy stuff. Some description of 4 fit me really more than 6, but finally, having read, read , read and read cuz I knowed some things was wrong, ive come to the conclusion that im six, even if i dont find me into all what is said, especially on the "inside/self" part. Some recent description of six are better than older where six appeared like total sheep dumbass, and take now into consideration internal thinking/emotion, anyway. Ive learned after that this is cuz im sx/sp, and sx/sp six often mystipe as 4.

    For giving an answer which is a bit less off topic, I think that E4 is quasi exclusively reserved to IEI/EIE-Ni. INFj who have typed 4 in the literature (van gogh, uncle Doto) are simply not 4. Its a bit similar to what ive said about the INFp bias : anyone who have made a seemingly interesting stuff into art/mysterious things/philosophy/obnoxious to contemporary suddenly become a IEI without more need to analyze ; it seem to be the same for ennea 4.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

    -- Maurice Chapelain

  31. #31
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Many Russian websites assign EII typing to Dostoyevsky and IEI to Esenin and imho they have them typed wrong. Dostoyevsky's works have that Ni-Ti existential heaviness to them, while Esenin was most likely a Fi-Ne ego and a 4.

    You can compare them for yourself. Here is a collection of translations of Esenin's poems: http://samlib.ru/w/wagapow_a/yesen.shtml
    You might be making the very easy and common mistake of confusing Aristocratic sx-ness for Betaness. Contrary to the implicit stereotype, Deltas can have an existential longing and perception of deep human suffering; IMHO it stems most deeply from the more intrinsically worldly Aristocratic perspective (the "we're all in this together" mentality) and the sx tendency to both take everything personally and have violent emotional upheavals
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  32. #32
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    http://youtu.be/pa14VNsdSYM

    Delta 4 says hi.
    Fourish enough, not entirely sure if it's Delta though.

    Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Seriously, from where come the need to reverse well know typing ? From what ive read, I agree that Dotoevsky is an archetypal EII... Existential heaviness arent the domain of Ni-Ti only...
    What have you read of Dostoyesvsky, and what is it about it that convinced you that he is EII? Esenin's verses does sound more INFj than INFp, if you would take a quick read at the link siuntal posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noid
    And, when you go outside published stuff from Dotoevsky, some source about our dear Fyodor indicate more a 5w6/6w5 than a 4, too. Imo this thread come from a general mess about what is a 4, including wrong description in the enneagram itself.
    What does being a 4 mean to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noid
    For giving an answer which is a bit less off topic, I think that E4 is quasi exclusively reserved to IEI/EIE-Ni. INFj who have typed 4 in the literature (van gogh, uncle Doto) are simply not 4.
    I'll take note of your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noid
    Its a bit similar to what ive said about the INFp bias : anyone who have made a seemingly interesting stuff into art/mysterious things/philosophy/obnoxious to contemporary suddenly become a IEI without more need to analyze ; it seem to be the same for ennea 4.
    I agree. I have several IEI friends who couldn't care less about such stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Contrary to the implicit stereotype, Deltas can have an existential longing and perception of deep human suffering; IMHO it stems most deeply from the more intrinsically worldly Aristocratic perspective (the "we're all in this together" mentality) and the sx tendency to both take everything personally and have violent emotional upheavals
    FTR, I'm very drawn to existentialism myself and find it an interesting philosophy, so there probably is something to this. The bolded is an interesting observation. This sort of thing is what makes me wonder if the enneagram is in fact a superior theory to socionics.

  33. #33
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    What have you read of Dostoyesvsky, and what is it about it that convinced you that he is EII?
    Try Prince Myshkin in Dostoevsky's "The Idiot". Definite -base/-creative/-vulnerable.

  34. #34
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember strrrng highlighting some excellent Se PoLR moments from Notes from the Underground.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  35. #35
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thread cleaned. Posts moved to http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=37355. Enjoy yourselves over there.

  36. #36
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I remember strrrng highlighting some excellent Se PoLR moments from Notes from the Underground.
    Given my impression of it as a perfect ILI portrait we'll have to split the difference at INTx.

  37. #37
    InkStrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    What have you read of Dostoyesvsky, and what is it about it that convinced you that he is EII?
    Try Prince Myshkin in Dostoevsky's "The Idiot". Definite -base/-creative/-vulnerable.
    Thanks, I'll look it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I remember strrrng highlighting some excellent Se PoLR moments from Notes from the Underground.
    Where would this thread be? I couldn't find it.

  38. #38
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, I just meant talking to me, I don't think it's anywhere on the forum.

    The most vivid example was something in a restaurant, he was hiding from something? It was this scene where he just becomes totally overwhelmed by his environment and is just trying to hide and have "peace" but everywhere he goes he is confronted with some caricatured intrusion on his attempt to calm himself down.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I remember strrrng highlighting some excellent Se PoLR moments from Notes from the Underground.
    Given my impression of it as a perfect ILI portrait we'll have to split the difference at INTx.
    Personally I think Dostoyevski is EII. From what I have skimmed of his works in philo classes and notes I think Fi is very obvious.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree E4 isnt limited to IEI. What Ashton said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

    Somehow I wonder if ENFp 4s could possibly exist. If so they'd have to be Fi sub.
    I think Soeren Kierkegaard might have been, one though Im not sure what subtype of ENFp he was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •