Thread: Nicknames for type SLE/ESTp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nicknames for type SLE/ESTp

The socioniko name for SLE is "Commander" I thought perhaps it would be better suited if changed to General, since this is the highest rank possible within the military hierarchy. Or why not just "boss", lion etc anything that implies hierachichal dominance. Commander is pretty generic and used more by cops these days for a mid level rank. Obviously not every SLE is going to be a general but that is what they ascribe to in clear terms is it not?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... how about Conquorer? I think "the general" would imply an armchair general, not a real one.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Commander and Conqueror. Like Saberstorm said, "General" implies someone behind the lines making decisions, whereas the names "Commander" and "Conqueror" are meant to conjure the image of someone at the front lines, leading the charge and directly engaged in combat.

If anything, I'd say LIE fits the name General better.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I like Commander and Conqueror. Like Saberstorm said, "General" implies someone behind the lines making decisions, whereas the names "Commander" and "Conqueror" are meant to conjure the image of someone at the front lines, leading the charge and directly engaged in combat.

If anything, I'd say LIE fits the name General better.
    agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah your right, front line like Alexander.
    Used car salesman???...often seem esfj or esfp to me man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always think of SLEs as being the claw (and IEI's the green aliens)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9t5ZqeHcYk

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little slave minds to a lifeless machine. Fuck that. If it holds true though, Woody would be IEE here, finding the way out of the situation, the fixed lottery that is the claw.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Used Cars Salesman.
    That's SEE. SLE is probably the single worst type to be a used car salesman -- if not second or third-worst behind the xLIs.

Seriously, the idea of an SLE trying to sell me a lincoln is just hilarious to picture.

"Grumblegrumble. Grumblegrumblegrumble. Hummer. Grumblegrumble. Mileage. FUCK YOU, GET OUT OF MY SHOP! NO, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG, YOUR DICK, GO AWAY!"
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do real people talk like that? Sounds like tourettes guy.

But seriously, being a car salesman does seem kinda Se with Fe values to me. Seems kinda boring for an SEE.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Do real people talk like that?
    Absolutely. The asshole boss that everyone hates is almost always SLE.

But seriously, being a car salesman does seem kinda Se with Fe values to me. Seems kinda boring for an SEE.
    I don't think anyone would like being a used-car salesman, but SEEs, who have a natural talent for building a rapport with people and convincing then they're their friends for their own nefarious ends (Se-dom with Fi-creative), are by far best at it. The brutally direct, irritable SLEs would suck at it.

In fact I'd say all Logical types would suck at being used-car salesmen, save perhaps LIE or ILE due to sheer enthusiasm.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I know it says that in the book, that everyone hates SLEs and LIEs/ILEs are more enthusiastic, but just going by how I've seen the functions used in my typings, then I don't see a problem with SLEs doing it rather well. In fact they seem rather likable on the average.

Maybe you're right about your typings of SLE, though I don't know anyone who fits that bill much.

I can see SEE possibly doing it better with their emotionality and high spirits, but the job not suiting their taste much, they would lose interest a lot sooner on the average.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Little slave minds to a lifeless machine. Fuck that. If it holds true though, Woody would be IEE here, finding the way out of the situation, the fixed lottery that is the claw.
    I want a claw

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Used Cars Salesman.
    That's SEE. SLE is probably the single worst type to be a used car salesman -- if not second or third-worst behind the xLIs.

Seriously, the idea of an SLE trying to sell me a lincoln is just hilarious to picture.

"Grumblegrumble. Grumblegrumblegrumble. Hummer. Grumblegrumble. Mileage. FUCK YOU, GET OUT OF MY SHOP! NO, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG, YOUR DICK, GO AWAY!"

you're such a useless cunt.
    Last edited by mu4; 09-23-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Spoiled

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. The asshole boss that everyone hates is almost always SLE.

They are just misunderstood. If everyone would just do as they say it would be much simpler.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winner. Victor. So much more to conquering than Se IM... it's mostly an EM thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think of Woody as being IEE. ha

I know a couple of SLEs who are good bosses and well-liked by most. Granted, deltas don't usually appreciate them but as long as they surround themselves with like-minded people, they can get a lot done.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh...Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I know im not like that. I do generally agree that people don't like me, although I don't know why. Im not an asshole though, at least not on purpose, and I would never talk Aleksei described. As for the used car salesman thing, dunno 'bout that. I've been called slick or smooth on occasion, but im not trying to manipulate or sell anything at all, im just being calm, genuine, and considerate w/o the enthusiasm.

Anyways, Commander/Marshal/Conqueror are all accurate, but Conqueror more so because it's sexier.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha mercutio is defending his car salesman title

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    Uh...Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I know im not like that. I do generally agree that people don't like me, although I don't know why. Im not an asshole though, at least not on purpose, and I would never talk Aleksei described. As for the used car salesman thing, dunno 'bout that. I've been called slick or smooth on occasion, but im not trying to manipulate or sell anything at all, im just being calm, genuine, and considerate w/o the enthusiasm.

Anyways, Commander/Marshal/Conqueror are all accurate, but Conqueror more so because it's sexier.
    No one is like that. He is using a warped inaccurate stereotype.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post

There are people who act like that, or at who least give off that vibe. Like the other day in the chatbox I saw them talking about Chef Gordon Ramsay from Hells Kitchen, he's like that at times, although I do see some similarities between me and him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are people who act like that, or at who least give off that vibe. Like the other day in the chatbox I saw them talking about Chef Gordon Ramsay from Hells Kitchen, he's like that although I do see some similarities between me and him.
    I agree Gordon shouts and swears but that's for entertainment value and to train his chefs quickly.

They all want his approval and respect him a great deal.

I suspect Gordon cares very much for the people he meets. Probably so much he pretends to be made of steel so they don't take advantage.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are people who act like that, or at who least give off that vibe. Like the other day in the chatbox I saw them talking about Chef Gordon Ramsay from Hells Kitchen, he's like that although I do see some similarities between me and him.
    I agree Gordon shouts and swears but that's for entertainment value and to train his chefs quickly.

I suspect Gordon cares very much for the people he meets. Probably so much he pretends to be made of steel so they don't take advantage.
    Yeah Ramsay is awesome that way (hes more Se-ISTj imo) and he is very principled and caring.

but most of those stereotypes suck. Filatova is EII, and just like other people on this forum, wants to associate all the negative attributes with her conflictor (or another quadra like others do with Beta), while she, if you've noticed, defines Te dominants' dual seeking function without the least bit of weakness. Her conception of people is warped and she isn't a Socionicist, because she uses the most shallow of stereotypes. She could have decided to be more well-informed on the information elements like anyone here, by listening to others more and not overspecifying her categories. Well I guess anyone can be a Socionicist, if you really want to go there.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Window cleaner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post

Yeah Ramsay is awesome that way (hes more Se-ISTj imo) and he is very principled and caring.

but most of those stereotypes suck. Filatova is EII, and just like other people on this forum, wants to associate all the negative attributes with her conflictor (or another quadra like others do with Beta), while she, if you've noticed, defines Te dominants' dual seeking function without the least bit of weakness. Her conception of people is warped and she isn't a Socionicist, because she uses the most shallow of stereotypes. She could have decided to be more well-informed on the information elements like anyone here, by listening to others more and not overspecifying her categories. Well I guess anyone can be a Socionicist, if you really want to go there.

I love Gordon in Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares I'm not sure if the UK version aired in the US. It was very entertaining (and concerning if you eat out a lot).

Yeah stereotypes can be wildly inaccurate and one dimensional.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I much preferred the UK version, it has less overly dramatic Foxification; less cursing, drama, the excessive music, the annyoing commentator, and camera pans, and had more of Gordon being a complete person, getting to people emotionally and inspiring them. American worships success too much, not the reasons for success, and then basically cops out/sells out trying to make the most money off of it. The US version gets tiring too quickly. Less jersey shore please.
    Last edited by jughead; 09-21-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Russians call them Marshall or Zhukov or zhuk for short.

I much prefer using the three-letter denominations than the stereotypical profiles names, simply because I'm growing sick and tired of reading same stereotypes in Russian papers get repeated over and over again without much thought or variation. Whatever situation comes up, the Marshall immediately rushes to seize control of it. Do people of this type ever do anything else besides seizing control of situations all the time? I can't recall it. Makes me think that many of the Russian authors of socionics material haven't spent much time studying some real examples of individuals of the types that they are writing about. They use socionics as the basis of some grand evolution of events in society then populate it by stick-figures, one-dimensional characters who always perform the same act. These extended profiles names simply reinforce these recurring simplistic stereotypes and associated biases and shouldn't be used imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

I much prefer using the three-letter denominations than the stereotypical profiles names, simply because I'm growing sick and tired of reading same stereotypes in Russian papers get repeated over and over again without much thought or variation. Whatever situation comes up, the Marshall immediately rushes to seize control of it. Do people of this type ever do anything else besides seizing control of situations all the time? I can't recall it. Makes me think that many of the Russian authors of socionics material haven't spent much time studying some real examples of individuals of the types that they are writing about. They use socionics as the basis of some grand evolution of events in society then populate it by stick-figures, one-dimensional characters who always perform the same act. These extended profiles names simply reinforce these recurring simplistic stereotypes and associated biases and shouldn't be used imo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post

MERKY
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think aggrandizing titles like "Commander" are probably, from a practical standpoint, the worst way to label types. It makes a kind of sense, but it also tempts people to pick and choose which "uber-self" they want, as opposed to the "regular self" that they are.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

It's funny because, when I read the russian translations of SLE from my perspective its all accurately describing what it is to be me. Although somethings might need more explaining, its all accurate almost down to the very core. The stereotyping comes from everyone else who isn't a SLE interpreting it, which ironically also happens when they assess SLE's in real life. Same thing happens when I try to read up on how other types perceive/utilize information through their functions, its much more difficult for me because I simply can't think that way. I may have some basic intuitive or rational understanding, but I may never truly understand because its psychologically impossible for me to think like that.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think aggrandizing titles like "Commander" are probably, from a practical standpoint, the worst way to label types. It makes a kind of sense, but it also tempts people to pick and choose which "uber-self" they want, as opposed to the "regular self" that they are.
    +1

I think it's also utterly stupid that they call 8w9s "The Bear". wtf?
    언제나.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the claw?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I much preferred the UK version, it has less overly dramatic Foxification; less cursing, drama, the excessive music, the annyoing commentator, and camera pans, and had more of Gordon being a complete person, getting to people emotionally and inspiring them. American worships success too much, not the reasons for success, and then basically cops out/sells out trying to make the most money off of it. The US version gets tiring too quickly. Less jersey shore please.
    +1000
    I totaly agree I didn't like the US version at all for exactly the same reasons.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post

Exactly, something like that.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I wanna be awesome.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and Ashton is some guru exempt from this? Please your not much better than anyone else Ashton. If socinoics is to grow it needs money and research plain and simple. If its bullshit....its bullshit. Don't try and pretend that we all are some lazy force not pushing socionics fowards. Its more complicated and none of us absolutely believe it.... You included .

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I wanna be awesome.
    Somewhat true but we can't all be actors and lyricists either.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I wanna be awesome.
    Somewhat true but we can't all be actors and lyricists either.
    Mentor and Tutor work for me.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I now see the reasoning for SLEs being seen as salesmen. Salesmen however, sounds cheap...we're just perfect tacticians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast