Thread: UFC Fighters

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default UFC Fighters

This is a UFC super thread. There are many threads on a certain fighter, but none on all of the UFC fighters, so this is why I made this thread. To be honest, I'm not really confident on these typings and some of these typings are just guesses, so I'm open to hear some alternatives.

George St-Pierre: SEI

Anderson Silva - SLE

Lyoto Machida - SLI

Brock Lesnar - SEE

Randy Couture- ESI

Matt Hughes - LSI

Sean Sherk - LSE

BJ Penn - ESE

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not really agree with most of your typings.

I bet most are extraverted sensors, with SLE and SEE being the most common. I think a lot of these guys are going to be very similar, and really you are going to be looking at differences in subtype. Se-SLE, Ti-SLE, Se-SEE, Fi-SEE. Sure, there are more than SLE/SEE UFC fighters, but I think that those two types will gravitate towards this.

I doubt SLI for most of them. An SLI will have Se as his 7th function. They ignore Se in favor of Si. Si is a comfort zone. They want a comfort zone, which they create through a grouchy obsession with mechanical or craftsman like knowledge. My brother is an SLI and he can fight ok, but they are not into performance before an audience. Fe is their PoLR, making it hard for them to invest emotion into risky activities, as teamwork (camaraderie) is required for most all high risk activity. PoLR Fe would make it hard for them to learn something that involves a lot of emotion/camaraderie like sports.

SLIs will need their comfort zone, and they can fight to say in their comfort zone, but I cannot see an SLI wanting to be placed in a situation where they must continually grow in knowledge and thus move out of what they are familiar with. They are grouchy down to earth "craftsmen," and would dislike the sensation of continual self-improvement, camaraderie, and public performance. What sport can be played without expanding knowledge and experiencing friendship? Craftsmen use tools because they cannot handle people. They don't have any friends. They need a strong feeling of security. This feeling of security can often be found in blue collar union work, but do not confuse blue collar with athletic. SLIs can be tough acting and violent, but only if you try to make them do something involving risk, camaraderie, public recognition and personal growth. Throw them out of their comfort zone and they fight like Brock Lesnar, only so they can slink back to something that makes them feel secure.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I do not really agree with most of your typings.
    Most of these typings were wild guesses, so I'd be shocked if people didn't disagree with most of my typings.

I bet most are extraverted sensors, with SLE and SEE being the most common. I think a lot of these guys are going to be very similar, and really you are going to be looking at differences in subtype. Se-SLE, Ti-SLE, Se-SEE, Fi-SEE. Sure, there are more than SLE/SEE UFC fighters, but I think that those two types will gravitate towards this.
    I agree that extraverted sensors make great fighters and a lot of elite UFC fighters are extraverted sensors. However to say that the vast majority fighters are extraverted sensors with very few other types is just plain silly. I think there's adecent range of personality types in fighters, with logical sensors being the most common and ethical sensors not too far behind.

I doubt SLI for most of them. An SLI will have Se as his 7th function. They ignore Se in favor of Si. Si is a comfort zone. They want a comfort zone, which they create through a grouchy obsession with mechanical or craftsman like knowledge. My brother is an SLI and he can fight ok, but they are not into performance before an audience. Fe is their PoLR, making it hard for them to invest emotion into risky activities, as teamwork (camaraderie) is required for most all high risk activity. PoLR Fe would make it hard for them to learn something that involves a lot of emotion/camaraderie like sports.

SLIs will need their comfort zone, and they can fight to say in their comfort zone, but I cannot see an SLI wanting to be placed in a situation where they must continually grow in knowledge and thus move out of what they are familiar with. They are grouchy down to earth "craftsmen," and would dislike the sensation of continual self-improvement, camaraderie, and public performance. What sport can be played without expanding knowledge and experiencing friendship? Craftsmen use tools because they cannot handle people. They don't have any friends. They need a strong feeling of security. This feeling of security can often be found in blue collar union work, but do not confuse blue collar with athletic. SLIs can be tough acting and violent, but only if you try to make them do something involving risk, camaraderie, public recognition and personal growth. Throw them out of their comfort zone and they fight like Brock Lesnar, only so they can slink back to something that makes them feel secure.
    The only fighter I said that was an SLI was Lyoto Machida. This is one of the few typings that I'm actually quite confident in. I don't see how this whole rant on SLI's negative traits has any bearing on the argument that an SLI cannot be a UFC fighter. For instance, I knew an SLI that was really into brazilian jiu jitsu and really passionate about it.

Anyways with the way Lyoto Machida fights (highly elusive), it will point to SLI if anything because he's concerned about his physical well being (not wanting to get hurt) and we'll wait for the right moment to strike . You're argument doesn't help your case at all if anything it proves the fact that Lyoto is an SLI.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the most it may be something like 60% Se ego and 40% other types. Actually I know a ton of ISTps in sports. At the most Fe polr affects camaraderie but not necessarily performance or a types disposition toward a sport.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Most of these typings were wild guesses, so I'd be shocked if people didn't disagree with most of my typings.
    Now you've made all of them Sensors, that makes a lot of sense.

What I've seen, nearly all famous boxers or ufc k1 etc fighters are Sensors and Irrationals.

xSxP

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Now you've made all of them Sensors, that makes a lot of sense.

What I've seen, nearly all famous boxers or ufc k1 etc fighters are Sensors and Irrationals.

xSxP
    I agree, however that's not to say there are no xNxJ fighters. I'm sure there are some, however the elite fighters usually tend to be xSxP because they are more naturally talented in that area. It probably sounds stereotypical, but xSxP make better athletes because they're more in tune with their bodies and their environment. An xNxJ may be slightly below the curve and also less interested in these type of sports, but like I said before there are definitely some out there, but they're under the radar. I think xSxJ are more common than you think and I typed some of the elitefighters as such, however xNxP fighters are probably as common as xNxJ fighters for similar reasons.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Machida - ISTJ. Almost 100% sure. Definitely a beta ST.
    Couture - ESFP. Gamma values. Focus on being productive. Democratic. Clearly a Se base.
    Lesnar - ? - Definitely an introvert. Se/Ni valuing. I think he uses Ti more than Te. My guess would be ISTJ as well.
    Sherk - LSE - Dry. Talks with facts and mentions all the discomforting things he does regularly. Tough Work ethic. Definitely aristocrat.
    Anderson - Isfp - He for sure has Fe creative. Just watch him speak or do an interview. He's always so soft and containted unless he's purposefully dramatic with his motions. And he rarely gives serious answers. Definitely Merry.
    Georges - ENTP - He definitely is a thinker. That's a fact. But i think the focus tends to be on the organization of the ideas he expresses, and not the information itself. Which makes me think Ti creative, and Te demonstrative. I think he shows Alphah values more than Beta values and i think Judicious is more likely than Decisive.
    Penn - ESFP - Definitely decisive. Definitely serious. Definitely Gamma. Extraverted sensing is his base, he brings up Fi all the time, and shows ridiculous over-the top Fe to hype up fights.
    Nick Diaz - ISFJ - Him and Georges are conflictors and you can see it whenever they interact. They both rub each other the wrong way. Considering Diaz's friendship with penn, it would make perfect sense for them to both be Gamma Sf's
    Fedor - ISTP - Stoic. Subtle. Definitely a dynamic type regardless, and his whole personality reeks of V.S. Cognitive thinking.
    Cro-cop - ISTJ - Forward and yet reserved. Decisive. His fighting style speaks of Se ego. His footwork was insane. Strategical but not Tactical.
    Jon Jones - ISTP - definitely an Si ego. So clearly an Si ego i get irritated listening to him speak about the secret. Judicious. Tactical. Dynamic IP.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rampage - ENFJ - Fe base. Ni creative. The fighters that irritate him are always fighters who bring up facts and data about him, and he normally responds in a round-about way by saying their not seeing the whole picture. Circumlocutory in his speech, indicative of NF aristocrat.
    Shogun - ISTJ - You can see it in his fighting style. He is strategical, but not Tactical. But he's also very quiet, and doesnt boast. He attacks openings quickly and does so with the technically right counter. Ti seems to configure with Se, if you attack small openings with logically sound attacks.
    Bas Rutten - ESTP - Clear as day. Im not even going to explain. Bada bing!
    Wanderlei - ESFJ - "I'm so hoppy! I'm very excited, this is a big opportunity and i promise i will not dissappoint." He has Si creative. and He is openly cheery all the time. Also makes sense why Wanderlei and Rampage hated each other in the way they did.
    Rousimar Palhares - Infp - He's Hilarious, a gentle giant, and always almost gets himself in trouble by being excessively comforting and unsure of himself in the cage. Apologizes profusely. Listen to him in an interview.
    Frank Mir - ENTJ - Te base is very clear. And he speaks in a manner that elicits a chain of motion. How something lead into another thing, and then "this" happened.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, good thread, I actually kept a list in its inception of possible types of MMA fighters. I'm not that up-to-date with the new stars, though. About the bold I'm rather convinced.

Fedor Emelianenko - SLI
    Mirko Crocop - LII (LSI?)
    Tim Silvia - LSI
    Tank Abbott - SLI/LSE
    Wanderlei Silva - ESE (LSE?)
    Andrei Arlovski - EIE
    Ken Shamrock - SLE
    Rene Rooze - LSE
    Bass Rutten - IEI
    Chuck Liddell - IEI?
    Randy Couture - SEI
    Tito Ortiz - IEE
    Maurício Shogun Rua - LIE?
    Babalu Sobral - ESE
    Dan Henderson -
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Couture - ESFP. Gamma values. Focus on being productive. Democratic. Clearly a Se base.
    Where the hell did you get that from?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to him in the booth on nights where he does commentary, interviews, and other websites that will quote him and call it news simply because he's randy couture. He definitely knows his facts and presents them in a way that is aimed for most people to get a visual grasp of. Totally an extrovert too.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to him in the booth on nights where he does commentary, interviews, and other websites that will quote him and call it news simply because he's randy couture. He definitely knows his facts and presents them in a way that is aimed for most people to get a visual grasp of. Totally an extrovert too.
    In more interviews I saw him talking about that all just happened, it was not planned or intended to be accomplishments, being the outcome of what he felt or based on circumstances at the time. He talks about how he liked what he has done and how it made it feel good & stuff - not how he fulfilled his expectations from himself. He is never decided on what will he specifically do and generally considers that everything is possible to happen from his POV. As an image he is a gentle modest person (and a family guy, not that it would be exclusive to a certain type, but as an indicative), "The Natural", never tries to impress, show off his potential, as an Extrovert (at least a SEE) would IMO generally do. A great deal of his decisions were taken at the initiative of others, liking some arbitrary detail or forced by the environment, including care for the others feelings (with my eyes on his bio):
    - his mother pusehd the kids into sports
    - that ex trainer who meet him and asked him to come by the gym
    - decided to quit what he was doing when he heard his ex gf was pregnant and how he suffered without a father
    - decided to go into the army for the money and because he would have liked to fly helicopters
    - participated in Greco-Roman by mistake, said okay... [1] - in fact the time before that is surprising that people around him were not even aware he could wrestle, the stereotype of the valuable Introvert who does not use his powere but is discovered by others in different circumstances, and is often to be found in hero stories (superman, spider man, etc)
    - he got into MMA after seeing his ex high school mate fighting, he is a very impressionable person. In his words: "Hear the cage door closed behind you, and I looked across the ring and here's the 300 pund guy with his shirt off and tattoos all over his body, he's stainding there with his arms out... I wasn't sure if I wanted to pee myself, or climb the cage or what I wanted to do".
    ---

[1] - "It was just the invitation he needed", that would tell it all

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank Mir - LIE
    Minotauro Nogueira - IEI

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rampage - ENFJ - Fe base. Ni creative. The fighters that irritate him are always fighters who bring up facts and data about him, and he normally responds in a round-about way by saying their not seeing the whole picture. Circumlocutory in his speech, indicative of NF aristocrat.
    Shogun - ISTJ - You can see it in his fighting style. He is strategical, but not Tactical. But he's also very quiet, and doesnt boast. He attacks openings quickly and does so with the technically right counter. Ti seems to configure with Se, if you attack small openings with logically sound attacks.
    Bas Rutten - ESTP - Clear as day. Im not even going to explain. Bada bing!
    Wanderlei - ESFJ - "I'm so hoppy! I'm very excited, this is a big opportunity and i promise i will not dissappoint." He has Si creative. and He is openly cheery all the time. Also makes sense why Wanderlei and Rampage hated each other in the way they did.
    Rousimar Palhares - Infp - He's Hilarious, a gentle giant, and always almost gets himself in trouble by being excessively comforting and unsure of himself in the cage. Apologizes profusely. Listen to him in an interview.
    Frank Mir - ENTJ - Te base is very clear. And he speaks in a manner that elicits a chain of motion. How something lead into another thing, and then "this" happened.
    Machida - ISTJ. Almost 100% sure. Definitely a beta ST.
    Lesnar - ? - Definitely an introvert. Se/Ni valuing. I think he uses Ti more than Te. My guess would be ISTJ as well.
    Sherk - LSE - Dry. Talks with facts and mentions all the discomforting things he does regularly. Tough Work ethic. Definitely aristocrat.
    Anderson - Isfp - He for sure has Fe creative. Just watch him speak or do an interview. He's always so soft and containted unless he's purposefully dramatic with his motions. And he rarely gives serious answers. Definitely Merry.
    Georges - ENTP - He definitely is a thinker. That's a fact. But i think the focus tends to be on the organization of the ideas he expresses, and not the information itself. Which makes me think Ti creative, and Te demonstrative. I think he shows Alphah values more than Beta values and i think Judicious is more likely than Decisive.
    Penn - ESFP - Definitely decisive. Definitely serious. Definitely Gamma. Extraverted sensing is his base, he brings up Fi all the time, and shows ridiculous over-the top Fe to hype up fights.
    Nick Diaz - ISFJ - Him and Georges are conflictors and you can see it whenever they interact. They both rub each other the wrong way. Considering Diaz's friendship with penn, it would make perfect sense for them to both be Gamma Sf's
    Fedor - ISTP - Stoic. Subtle. Definitely a dynamic type regardless, and his whole personality reeks of V.S. Cognitive thinking.
    Cro-cop - ISTJ - Forward and yet reserved. Decisive. His fighting style speaks of Se ego. His footwork was insane. Strategical but not Tactical.
    Jon Jones - ISTP - definitely an Si ego. So clearly an Si ego i get irritated listening to him speak about the secret. Judicious. Tactical. Dynamic IP.
    Damn bro. You nailed all the types down. Gotta agree with all of these.

What about Tito Ortiz??

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    What about Tito Ortiz??
    SEE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    SEE

Haha he's so unintentionally funny. I think he could be EIE, but maybe SEE works..

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tito Ortiz - Introverted

This may be a duality inter-type relationship

This is the comment you are looking for