TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha or Delta?

What is your opinion, and why?

I know since making a new account I've become a lot more dry and serious, being less forcibly Alpha.

Old thread had a bunk topic, this one is clearer
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's the old "expert about the self" thing working out?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    I know since making a new account I've become a lot more dry and serious, being less forcibly Alpha.
    new account = new self?
    This sentence confuses me a bit. It sounds like you're changing yourself on purpose and now asking if it's enough to be Delta. You are what you are, and that's probably still Alpha and ESE, imho. (or maybe ILE)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    It sounds like you're changing yourself on purpose and now asking if it's enough to be Delta.
    Bingo.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new account = new self?
    This sentence confuses me a bit. It sounds like you're changing yourself on purpose and now asking if it's enough to be Delta. You are what you are, and that's probably still Alpha and ESE, imho. (or maybe ILE)
    This fella right here knows what's up.

I'm not even going to bother arguing this, instead I'll let gulanzon do the arguing for me.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=36676

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new account = new self?
    Nah, more like, my new account was a chance to be a new person, and also mess around with getting people to type me anew before everyone caught wind of who I was. I deleted it for other reasons, though.

Try dryness and seriousness was, ironically, an attempt to look LII while I still self-typed SEI. Who knows though, maybe it's a good sign of being a Serious type and not a Merry Rational type. Maybe it's meaninglessly ambiguous (most likely). I'm quite happy being serious and not goofing off as much as I used to.

My point was more that I think it's important to doubt that I'm an "obvious" Merry type. I consider nothing obvious nor set in stone at this point.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How have you not reached the "I don't give a fuck" stage of socionics self typing yet? You're you. My advice would be to meditate under a waterfall or on top of a mountain and let socionics fade from memory. Go zen it up or something. All this thinking and arguing and defining of the self has got to be tiring as hell.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    How have you not reached the "I don't give a fuck" stage of socionics self typing yet? You're you. My advice would be to meditate under a waterfall or on top of a mountain and let socionics fade from memory. Go zen it up or something. All this thinking and arguing and defining of the self has got to be tiring as hell.
    Gorillastotle the Wise.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

+5268555239841

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^QUICK GUYS HER PHONE NUMBER
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still Alpha and ESE, imho. (or maybe ILE)
    This, IMO.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, more like, my new account was a chance to be a new person, and also mess around with getting people to type me anew before everyone caught wind of who I was.
    I'm not trying to harass you, but I think you're maybe kidding yourself if you think people didn't know who you were when you made a new account. I didn't even have to look at your IP to know it was you, I had just assumed that you had reopened your old account and changed your name again.

This is the best advice ever. For everyone.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrugs* maybe he likes it and finds it stimulating?
    And he is probably frustrated, for obvious reasons.

Gul, imo you are alpha SF, SEI >> ESE > ILE. I just don't see the Se demonstrative for ESE.. I guess I don't have much to go on though, I hardly know you heh.

@galen&ashton: I have nothing against either of you personally but you have made your point to him in other threads. Everyone knows you both think he is ILE. He doesn't agree, and has clearly stated that he doesn't exactly appreciate what you have to say. So rather than harassing him, isn't it better for everyone if you leave him alone? You both came here posting links to things you have already said and generally being asses. What's the point? You know he already knows what you think, so why do you persist?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's hard to tell whether you're an LSE or an ESE over the net; they have many similarities; joke around trough the use of good word selection and utilization, both look like they want to be perfect, they are both aesthetic, etc. It comes down to productivity. Are you more inclined to get things done or put things off and take a more leisurely Si approach?

Fi DS manifests in the admiration of people who love other people and being at awe of their empathy, who have moral values and a strong faith system...what do you think? Are you this type?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-18-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Nah, more like, my new account was a chance to be a new person, and also mess around with getting people to type me anew before everyone caught wind of who I was.
    I'm not trying to harass you, but I think you're maybe kidding yourself if you think people didn't know who you were when you made a new account. I didn't even have to look at your IP to know it was you, I had just assumed that you had reopened your old account and changed your name again.
    No offence taken at all. But, some people did seem to have no idea who I was. Anyway, all for a little personal experiment.

It's also interesting to consider my motives for trying to solve the universe for x wrt my type. I definitely have more of a sense of self than when I started, to the point where my ever-shifting persona is more frustrating because I can't relate myself reliably or consistently to the theory; as opposed to being confused about who I am because "I'm not a type"--a meaningless statement if ever there was one. It's an intellectual gordian knot, as opposed to being a personal problem.

--

@Jenna, thanks for sticking up for me. I actually don't mind Ashton, and I just have Galen on ignore to avoid the ever-looming spectre of another fight. There's no problem, at least not right now
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your opinion
    Alpha (ILE)

, and why?
    You have about 40 videos of yourself on youtube. Over 4 hours of material to type you. (Both on your account and Lazulisky's). I don't know of anyone else who has been so generous in giving material for typing in this forum. I'm not going to go into details, but I've watched a lot of your videos.

You have often mentioned your ever-changing behaviour. I think that in itself can also give a hint about type.

I still think it's natural and very human wanting to find a correct self typing. If I wasn't sure about my type, I would probably be obsessed with it also. I think many actually do give a fuck about self typing. Socionics is too fascinating.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-ENTp (which is alpha quadra)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, where are these youtube videos?

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.youtube.com/user/Gulanzon

Keep in mind I was young when I made them.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm going to look at the videos a second time so that I can try to pinpoint where I'm getting this impression from. Probably when I'm back on tomorrow. But I've got ILE on you too. I'm not absolutely sure about that, though - I could change my mind.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I still think it's natural and very human wanting to find a correct self typing. If I wasn't sure about my type, I would probably be obsessed with it also. I think many actually do give a fuck about self typing. Socionics is too fascinating.
    Well, I'm not saying socionics isn't awesome in a lot of ways or that figuring out what type you are is bunk, but at some point it just becomes a hamster wheel: lots of running and not much movement. Gul has wobbled over, what, five different types now? And each time he's felt resolved about it enough to run with each of them, acting and interpreting his behaviors and thought processes accordingly. I do agree that probably has to do with his personality, and his being a young guy still sorting things out. All these other types he's been more or less trying on.

Do I have an opinion on what type he really, finally, truly is deep down? No, not really, and I don't think having any particular expectations of him by pinning him down is going to help him out. On the other hand, his going back and forth and asking for input probably isn't altogether helping him either, because there are people whose minds are made up that are pretty much going to intractably argue him down. The point I'm making is to put less stock in jumping on a type rather than how he's feeling and just living his life. People are pretty moody animals. We hit highs and lows all the time. There's going to be periods where we're a lot more serious and focused, times when we're cheerful and kooky, and moments where everything we know is thrown into doubt and confusion. That's perfectly natural and I think he'd be better off not redefining who he is by who he is in the moment, that's all. Whether he's happy, sad, in love, lonely, intellectual, or out there in the midst, he's gulanzon and that knowledge alone contains more wisdom and comfort than any particular self typing will ultimately deliver him, imo.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Don't go to Delta, because being an Alpha was your thing, it was like the one thing you were certain about. As soon as you cross to Delta territory, you'll be lost in Socionics wasteland. So you think you're IEE now? I don't really see SLI, LSE or EII fitting for you at all, so I guess that makes sense. Anyways, you're a clear Ne-ILE to me hence why you'd get confused for IEE. Stop running from your true type, it's who you are, embrace it and accept it. At least you're finally getting to warmer territory.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your opinion, and why?
    Neither.

Overall, what's become most increasingly obvious about your intellectual attitude is that you have trouble ever coming up with adequate rebukes to counterpoints to your own arguments; and a notorious habit to shut down any discussion that you seem to be losing -- you basically present all the points to support a position, and then go "lolz I don't care about your argument, urrong." In essence, you intellectual attitude shows all the hallmarks of Ti-PoLR. The fact you're making this thread could maybe point to Ti-superid instead, but given that you almost never actually accept feedback, that I've seen, that seems doubtful.

IEE would of course fit Ti-PoLR, making it the only type that makes any sense other than my typing of you, but that itself is rendered nonsensical by another personality trait of yours: You crave stability. Out of Judicious types this is a trait that better fits Judicious Rationals than Irrationals, but overall it isn't a Judicious trait -- it's one of the main building blocks of Decisive-quadra relationships (which devalue novelty -- Ne -- and have a fundamentally long-term focus -- Ni) in general.

So the only type you could possibly be is SEE.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But am I a Gamma?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But am I a Gamma?
    sure, since ESC already typed himself ILI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Part of me wants to talk to you about this, but I am pressured to do the right thing here via vero and mune, and suggest that it will just lead to nowhere. Even if we delve deep into something, it will be something that ultimately does not matter.

You're just going to have to 'let go of yourself.' You want a net, a cushion, and having an identity does that. But as you live your life 'in the real world' or whatever you know that your heart will get broken open , as well as your own thoughts about who you are.

I would suggest something different, usually. This is a psychology/personality 'type me' forum. But we've been through this lots of times before w/you, and I just think there are better ways for you to get attention that doesn't drive other people crazy.

ie: We're all more likeable when we give attention and love to others without being the ones that are asking for it.

If you want to know who you really are; this is who it is:

You are a dork. You are a gamer, a nerd, somebody who likes nerdy and magical things and things of the intellect. You are more compassionate then the average male, have a little bigger heart than most, and are more androgynous. This makes you a good friend to those that really need it the most. You are accepting of other people's differences and quirks very well, like all nerds. You help people simply by being their friend. You sir , are a magical pony.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But am I a Gamma?
    Absolutely. You fit personality patterns exclusive to a specific Gamma type, and you've quite clearly displayed Te and Ni/Se valuation in the past, as well as a "mushiness is annoying in excess" attitude typical to Fe-demonstratives.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    But am I a Gamma?
    Absolutely. You fit personality patterns exclusive to a specific Gamma type, and you've quite clearly displayed Te and Ni/Se valuation in the past, as well as a "mushiness is annoying in excess" attitude typical to Fe-demonstratives.
    Guess I'll be following aiss to beta now too.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a girl?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post

Are you a girl?
    You really think he's a girl in that video?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are Delpha, just like me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post

Are you a girl?
    You really think he's a girl in that video?
    I cant tell