Thread: What's my Mask(s)?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my Mask(s)?

Using the chart from this page: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...6&postcount=22 or post #3 below...

What masks would you think I'm wearing? And what of my behavior/style suggests that mask(s) to you?
    Last edited by anndelise; 09-16-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I default to an SLE Supervisor mask -- the name "Krig the Viking" and my avatar (which I've been using since long before I ever heard about socionics) are, I think, manifestations of my desire to be tough and manly and aggressive like an SLE. The description "Contrarian Traditionalist" also describes this conflict between EP and IJ in my psyche. I'm often quite rowdy, impulsive, and even playfully aggressive when I'm around friends in a "safe" social situation. This is how I interact with my co-workers at my job.

However, in unfamiliar social situations, or any social situation where I'm not certain of other people's Fi opinions and sentiments toward me, I tend to immediately "devolve" into an IEE Supervisee mask: I become very polite and nice-guy-ish, very worried about pleasing the other person and avoiding their scorn, etc., projecting an image of being friendly and open and curious about the other person. This is how I interact with the customers at my job.

When verbally attacked, my first response is to don the IEE mask and try to please the other person so they will calm down. If that doesn't work, and the other person keeps attacking, eventually after all else has failed the IEE mask "snaps" and my SLE side comes out, angry and aggressive. I used to get into fights in elementary school this way, and if you read the threads on this board where I've been attacked or harassed, you'll likely seen signs of the same pattern.

I don't know enough about you, ann, to really be sure of your type, but if you're really an IEE, then based on some of your fairly analytical posts I'd guess you have some kind of Logical mask -- perhaps LII or ILE?
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann asked me to post this here:

Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what you wrote, Krig, about yourself.
    I don't know the names of the relationships, nor how they would translate to a type. I don't want to bias myself. But I'm curious what my masks would be.

Do you think that if I listed or described the problems I face...from that chart...that that might help? Do you have a better idea of how to go about it?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Hay guyz, what mask am I using?

I don't understand this thing yet.
    Sorry, you know me...always quick to jump on some idea I find interesting and potentially useful. I need patience, grasshopper, patience.....pffft
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't know the names of the relationships, nor how they would translate to a type. I don't want to bias myself. But I'm curious what my masks would be.

Do you think that if I listed or described the problems I face...from that chart...that that might help? Do you have a better idea of how to go about it?
    Yeah, that seems like as good a place to start as any.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

Yeah, that seems like as good a place to start as any.
    not going to work...I wound up with 4 pages organized in that chart's order, but I haven't a clue how to sift through each section nor tighten it up. Me and my F***n walls of texts.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Sorry, you know me...always quick to jump on some idea I find interesting and potentially useful. I need patience, grasshopper, patience.....pffft
    I still don't know what it's supposed to mean. :|
    That's what I'm trying to find out.
    It sorta feels to me like when I first found the russian page on the aspects.."there's something here!! I don't know what it is, yet, but there's something here!!" This gives me the same feeling, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that if I listed or described the problems I face...from that chart...that that might help?
    Go ahead delise. We're all secretly interested in your private life.

^^
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ann, if you have any mask here, I agree with Krig it would be a Logical type, in my opinion ILE. You tend to display perfectionism, constant unhappiness with own performance and fear of critique above all else when into logical argument (or what you see as needing logical treatment enough to make you insecure). Just yesterday it was very visible in your posts and in chatbox, and in irc. That's the mask Krig originally described in ESI/EII thread (kindred) though, so I might be biased towards it, but it seems to fit better than any of the others really. If I understand this correctly, when wearing supervisor's mask you'd have an air of superiority, which is clearly not the case. I'd say you don't "wear" this mask all the time, of course, so no worries about it.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire premise just seems like an excuse to find a workaround for how one stereotype can act like another stereotype. There's no need to systemize this sort of variation, because it seems entirely dependent on what lame type descriptions the person implementing the system has acknowledged.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    This entire premise just seems like an excuse to find a workaround for how one stereotype can act like another stereotype. There's no need to systemize this sort of variation, because it seems entirely dependent on what lame type descriptions the person implementing the system has acknowledged.
    Agreed.

Masks are too impermanent/change too quickly or is too adaptable to various settings and circumstance for an in depth analysis of such to be of too much use. We may put on a mask in one setting and an entirely different one in another. The mask we impress may also be dependent on our individual moods at a particular time more than a relatively inherent structure.

If this is taken seriously, most people would probably end up deciding on a mask that is capable of explaining what their typical socionics type doesn't. It would be fun though to see the interaction between one mask and another on intertype relations, which I think corresponds with Krig's observations on persona and subtypes.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't wear masks.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I don't wear masks.
    Masks wear you.

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Masks are too impermanent/change too quickly or is too adaptable to various settings and circumstance for an in depth analysis of such to be of too much use.
    Tell me O Consistent one, how can one grab something that changes too quickly, that is, is not what it was before?

The mask we impress may also be dependent on our individual moods at a particular time more than a relatively inherent structure.
    Bingo!

If this is taken seriously, most people would probably end up deciding on a mask that is capable of explaining what their typical socionics type doesn't.
    I don't think people will take you seriously seeing how you state one thing just to contradict yourself by stating other, for you just can't end up deciding on something that is not what you wanted it to be in the first place. You're going to have make a decision after decision. Reductio ad Absurdum Ad infinitum.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-16-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider
    Masks are too impermanent/change too quickly or is too adaptable to various settings and circumstance for an in depth analysis of such to be of too much use
    Tell me O Consistent one, how can one grab something that changes too quickly, that is, is not what it was before?
    I'm not sure if I understood your question. If you're asking how a person's mask could be identified, it would pretty much be how one would go about identifying a type, except that you probably type through temporal, external and clearly observable behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider
    If this is taken seriously, most people would probably end up deciding on a mask that is capable of explaining what their typical socionics type doesn't.
    I don't think people will take you seriously seeing how you state one thing just to contradict yourself by stating other, for you just can't end up deciding on something that is not what you wanted it to be in the first place. You're going to have make a decision after decision. Reductio ad Absurdum Ad infinitum.
    Some people listen to people, others listen to reasoning spoken by people. I couldn't care less for the dismissal of the former.

You incessantly complain of my supposedly contradictory stances, yet I am unaware of any such. And why does it trouble you so even if it were such?